Author Topic: Preview: Liverpool FC vs Tottenham Hotspur (Mothering Sunday 10th Mar, 4pm)  (Read 101279 times)

Offline shockwave_dave

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Livermore might start wide but he will tuck in.

Livermore is a central mid, he'll sit with Parker in the middle.

I would imagine Spurs are playing a 4-2-3-1 formation, width coming from the fullbacks. Ideally designed to play on the counterattack

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Attackingwise that looks brilliant, capable of blowing them away in full flow but it does look quite thin in midfield doesn't it? Would have preferred Henderson and Allen in there with Lucas. It leaves a lot of work on Lucas and Gerrard's plate with Downing helping out too.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
Never a dull moment, this season eh ?

Balls.Of.Steel.

Offline Thog

• Seeking oral advice. Hibernates outside of the transfer windows.
  • Legacy Fan
Funny how half the people saying we wont win without Reina, are probably the same people who moan about him after a mistake. Jones is a good keeper, 2-1 us

I'm one of those people but I still feel 10x more confident with Reina in goal than Jones who's a liability in my opinion.

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
That he loves Raquels or Rachels yogurts, he not sure how it's pronounced, he doesn't have a deal with the brand but he wanted to state his love for them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWTuEALdRFU

sorry not sure how to embed (and sorry if that's a bit too off topic!!)

Offline CognacBut

• BrandyAss
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Funny how half the people saying we wont win without Reina, are probably the same people who moan about him after a mistake. Jones is a good keeper, 2-1 us

He's a reasonable keeper that is capable of a good performance.

Trouble is his footwork and distribution is light years short of what Pepe offers, which is a big part of our game.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
Jones has proved he can deliver when the pressure is on before. Go on you reds!

Offline L.Suarez

• Kopite
  • When there snow hope, support.
Bale vs Carragher on a high deffensive line is going to be fun. Hope we score more than them.

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
Pepe must be injured. Therefore the only selection issue I have is that I'd have preferred Henderson to one of downing/Coutinho.
@ManifoldReasons

Offline Coutistar

• Sugar-coated to hide his monstrous intellect
  • Anny Roader
Well, in my opinion we have got a decent backup in Jones. Obviously he is not in Reina class, but not too many teams have a 2nd GK with whom there is no worry. Jones is certainly in that category.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
It's a myth that 4-4-2 always leaves you open. Rodgers hasn't been 'bold' choosing that line up, he's just gone through it systematically. Teams playing 4-2-3-1 often set up defensively as a 4-4-2 block anyway. It's just when they drop into their own third, the defensive line recovers (POP has talked about this) by narrowing when it gets towards the area, the wingers generally track the full backs deep or go out to the wingers, leaving more space for the central two to cover laterally. What happens then is that one of the front two drops in just in front. Rafa used to get us to play a 4-4-2 block defensively. It's all about playing compact. If you are compact between the three lines then it doesn't matter.

"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWTuEALdRFU

sorry not sure how to embed (and sorry if that's a bit too off topic!!)

Brilliant, seems obvious that he really feels at home here.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
i knew carra was going to start somehow, but bale v carra = we're fucked  :'(

If we score 3 or 4 which we're capable off, stop panicking what Bale 'might' do against Jamie. Carra is no mug by the way, why people are shitting themselves cos he's starting today amuses me.

It's LFC V Spurs not a  Carra v Bale contest, Liverpool as a team are well equipped to deal with Spurs today.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Thog

• Seeking oral advice. Hibernates outside of the transfer windows.
  • Legacy Fan
Jones has proved he can deliver when the pressure is on before. Go on you reds!

What when he cost us against Everton?

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
That he loves Raquels or Rachels yogurts, he not sure how it's pronounced, he doesn't have a deal with the brand but he wanted to state his love for them!

rachels.  They make them in pembrokeshire.
dios esta buena

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Look at the big balls on Brendy :lmao
These deserve a big spanking, C'Mon Redmen, let's fucking twat them :scarf

Our front three need to have a big match today, Coutinho and Suarez should be both full of confidence going in this and lets hope is Sturridge has ben eating his Rakel yogurts.

we are going for it with that line up but i think we are lacking without the presence of hendo/allen in the midfield so think we should see one of those at HT but i predict 3-2 to the Mighty Reds 

« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 03:27:45 pm by N0rnIr0nRed »
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline Danny_

• Amnesiac_
  • Legacy Fan
Cr@p...was hoping for a nice surprise.  Not a horrible one!

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
spurs usually set up on the counter away so we should see a lot of the ball and that is probably what rodgers has in mind - we will have the ball so it's about having the players to make it count

that doesn't mean gerrard and lucas won't be our most important players though. i expect stevie to sit really deep for this one

Offline JG-7

• Legacy Fan
Jones is a great shot-stopper but i'm a bit worried about his distribution and dealing with crosses.. Lets go and get a win!

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Brendan to Pascoe: They are in form...

Pasco: Yes boss they certainly are...

Brendan: Any ideas on how to stop Bale?

Pasco: Let carra loose on him... after 20 minutes he can crunch him one the shins on the right wing... (remember Nani)  ;)

Brendan: Nah... rather then WORRY ABOUT THEM... LETS GIVE THEM SOMETHING TO WORRY ABOUT... (Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho, Downing, Stevie, Johnson, Enrique..........) THIS IS ANFIELD
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Well, in my opinion we have got a decent backup in Jones. Obviously he is not in Reina class, but not too many teams have a 2nd GK with whom there is no worry. Jones is certainly in that category.
Funny enough our opposition today have a decent 1&2 goalkeeper
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Drake31

• Legacy Fan
  • all hail king kenny
if they dont have the ball they carnt score :P
cmon  REDMEN
"IF YOU CAN'T SUPPORT US WHEN WE LOSE OR DRAW, DON'T SUPPORT US WHEN WE WIN!" Heed this advice or get the fuck off our forum.

Offline Titan

• Legacy Fan
If Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinho are on fire then we'll win. Slightly worried about being prone to the counter with 2 in CM.

Hopefully Rodgers has this spot on.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
I fancy us at home against anyone, fortress Anfield is close to being re-established.

Btw, what was the surprise on the bench everyone was talking about?!
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Bale vs Carragher on a high deffensive line is going to be fun. Hope we score more than them.

We don't play a high defensive line and bale doesn't play up against the CBs - apart from that your post is bang on

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
We have more danger men than Spurs out there today IMO just depends how solid we keep things at the back, seem to gift daft goals to the bigger sides this season.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
Joe Allens been playing with a shoulder injury. Due a operation next week according to the gaffer.

Offline Coutistar

• Sugar-coated to hide his monstrous intellect
  • Anny Roader
Funny enough our opposition today have a decent 1&2 goalkeeper

Ya, probably they are the only ones except us

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.

I'm starting to think you're not the real Luis Suarez.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Titan

• Legacy Fan
It looks like Bale will be starting out wide with him having the freedom to drift in whenever he likes. Lucas will have to have his best game since his return i feel.

Offline shockwave_dave

• Legacy Fan
I fancy us at home against anyone, fortress Anfield is close to being re-established.

Btw, what was the surprise on the bench everyone was talking about?!

Just idiots getting worked up over a rumour started by someone on twitter

Offline JG-7

• Legacy Fan
Bit of praise about Suarez on Sky... Makes a change

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
We're going to win this, 3-0 to us.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
Funny to see them all bigging Villas Boas up after destroying him when he was at Chelsea.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
What's up with reina?
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
Joe Allens been playing with a shoulder injury. Due a operation next week according to the gaffer.

Shit. Not great news that.
YWNA

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Let's fucking smash em you redmen!!!
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
Funny to see them all bigging Villas Boas up after destroying him when he was at Chelsea.

Its because sky love utd and spurs.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Shit. Not great news that.

Perhaps that's where the surprise might have been, if Allen had been ruled out today maybe Teixeira would have been on the bench.

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
Lovely interview with Luis on Sky Sports right now.  Nice to hear a bit of English from him too.

Come on you mighty redmen!
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!