Author Topic: Preview: Liverpool FC vs Swansea City (Sun 17th Feb, 3pm)  (Read 47275 times)

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
  • Does anybody wanna buy a country?
Re: Preview: Liverpool FC vs Swansea City (Sun 17th Feb, 3pm)
« Reply #200 on: February 17, 2013, 11:05:43 am »
@Musker_LFC: Coutinho starts. #LFC http://t.co/Rvpdc6jt
"My country is the world, and my religion to do good." (Thomas Paine)

Offline arcticus

• No massive asset. Doesn't know the difference between the 1st and 31st. Watched the Arsenal game sat in a pool of shite.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: February 17, 2013, 11:06:30 am »

Offline Robbie_9

• Legacy Fan
  • God is a Red.
« Reply #202 on: February 17, 2013, 11:07:23 am »
Joseph Musker ‏@Musker_LFC
The #LFC team for today: Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge.
"The most important people at the club are the people that want to be here"
Kenny Dalglish

★  ★  ★  ★  ★

Offline arcticus

• No massive asset. Doesn't know the difference between the 1st and 31st. Watched the Arsenal game sat in a pool of shite.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: February 17, 2013, 11:08:59 am »
The #LFC team for today: Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge.
Doesn't get any better than that

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #204 on: February 17, 2013, 11:09:27 am »
Brilliant, if true.

Minus the no Skrtel bit.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #205 on: February 17, 2013, 11:09:49 am »

Is this guy generally accurate? I do like the look at that team.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: February 17, 2013, 11:10:46 am »
A six pointer against the mighty Swansea. A team that finished with -7 goal difference last season. A convincing win is on the cards, 3 or 4 nil to us.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #207 on: February 17, 2013, 11:11:20 am »
Its the first 11 at the moment
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline arcticus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: February 17, 2013, 11:11:25 am »
90% of the time

Offline professorj

• Main Stander
  • OG__ on the old Shanklygates forum...
« Reply #209 on: February 17, 2013, 11:12:03 am »
i hear what your saying there prof, i really dont think they hit the field of play and think about all the cash sitting in the bank, far from it!

what you would hope, especially with our massive worldwide support, that they perform to the best of their ability week in week out, consistently. there is gonna be bad results along the way, nature of football and all that but we just cant seem to pick ourselves up when we go behind or play bad and sneak a win any more. perhaps some opinions, including mine, are distorted by results than performance. i generally feel we have played some great football this season and not got from the games what was deserved.

I understand and share the frustration believe me.  I am unlucky enough to be in an Asian timezone, which means 1am-4am kick-offs and some very very bad headaches the following day through sleep deprivation, made so much worse when we lose, or get a bit robbed and draw like City/Arsenal/Everton.  But I don't see them not trying hard enough, any of them, despite the rather strange accusations of spinelessness or gutlessness, I think they bust a gut TRYING to score, to tackle, to defend, it's just that the quality of the end product has been lacking (plus a bit of bad luck on more than one occasion, see Suarez winner at Everton and absolute freak genius of Aguero, which in themselves would have us 4 points better off right now).  Last season it was the woodwork, which was a joke, then went beyond a joke, it may even have been a big part of what cost the manager his job when you add them all up.

Remember kids: Say no to the Owl...

Offline Robbie_9

• Legacy Fan
  • God is a Red.
« Reply #210 on: February 17, 2013, 11:12:22 am »

Unless there is a change of heart or injuries you can expect that team to be honest.
"The most important people at the club are the people that want to be here"
Kenny Dalglish

★  ★  ★  ★  ★

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: February 17, 2013, 11:17:01 am »
Any leaked team news?

The word on the streets of twitter.
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline professorj

• Main Stander
« Reply #213 on: February 17, 2013, 11:17:36 am »
After the excellent 'bear' analogy by a poster last weekend, I'll be looking closely at Enrique's performance.  I hope he can really make a nuisance of himself at the Swansea end while being disciplined, keeping his head up and keeping the ball moving fluently.  One of my favourite players this year at his best, think it was the Fulham match where he really looked the business, let's have that guy back!

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #214 on: February 17, 2013, 11:18:16 am »
We're bound to score a few with Studgeronious II back in the team!   :scarf
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
« Reply #215 on: February 17, 2013, 11:18:19 am »
If that is the team then Coutinho will probably play out wide(unless we are moving to a 4-3-1-2/4-4-2 diamond which i really doubt). Not sure if that is his best position. But good to see him fit and ready to contribute.

You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: February 17, 2013, 11:19:58 am »
If that is the team then Coutinho will probably play out wide(unless we are moving to a 4-3-1-2/4-4-2 diamond which i really doubt). Not sure if that is his best position. But good to see him fit and ready to contribute.
I hope to god its 4231.
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline professorj

• Main Stander
« Reply #217 on: February 17, 2013, 11:21:41 am »
Seems that first choice Chico Flores is out injured too, don't know too much about the touted replacements, but surely an opportunity for Suarez and Humungous D/Danielinho/the Studgemeister to really cause mayhem. YNWA

Offline Earl of Dingleberry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: February 17, 2013, 11:23:31 am »

Those streets are covered in dog shite.

Offline loozy

• Legacy Fan
  • Phil M's biggest female fan
« Reply #219 on: February 17, 2013, 11:23:43 am »

That would be a wonderful team  :scarf

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: February 17, 2013, 11:24:33 am »

If thats the team, then I am very happy with that team, though I think Downing will probably play in place of Coutinho.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: February 17, 2013, 11:25:57 am »
jesus his name is sturridge.cringe
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
« Reply #222 on: February 17, 2013, 11:28:14 am »
I hope to god its 4231.

Then Suarez will have to play as one of the wider players in that 3. His workrate is good enough to play there but it might negate his influence to a large degree.
You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: February 17, 2013, 11:29:28 am »
Then Suarez will have to play as one of the wider players in that 3. His workrate is good enough to play there but it might negate his influence to a large degree.

He'd play just off Sturridge if it was a 4231, Coutinho coming in from wide left and Henderson/Gerrard wide right.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: February 17, 2013, 11:29:33 am »

If true then thats a good team.

Would of considered swithing Johnson to LB and Wisdom to RB only cause Swansea play with wingers and we could get hit on the counter with Johnson and Enrique bombing forward.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: February 17, 2013, 11:31:19 am »

If that's the team...

I would've liked to see Skrtel in for Carra to help move the defence up the field a little. Sitting so deep is killing our pressing game and allowing any counter to get to the edge of our box before its challenged.

Also I think I might have rested Johnson given his last few performances. My only explanation for his poor form is he's suffering from mental fatigue.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: February 17, 2013, 11:31:42 am »
Those streets are covered in dog shite.
Lool ;D Maybe

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: February 17, 2013, 11:31:46 am »
If true then thats a good team.

Would of considered swithing Johnson to LB and Wisdom to RB only cause Swansea play with wingers and we could get hit on the counter with Johnson and Enrique bombing forward.

Johnson and Wisdom would get forward aswell, It'd be a worse scenario as Wisdom is still learning and you sometimes see him looking for advice from those around him on where he should be.

Heard Gerrard shouting to him a few times when I've been this season telling him to hold back a bit. We need experience against these, they twatted us in the cup at home.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #228 on: February 17, 2013, 11:32:12 am »

Okay not a kneejerk but why Agger isn't dropped? He made several mistakes in recent games yet he's untouchable? Skrtel got dropped for what?
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: February 17, 2013, 11:32:20 am »
His history with Ajax disagree with that mate.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: February 17, 2013, 11:32:35 am »

Given Thursday it might be better if the chances all fall for Sturridge rather than falling for Suarez.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: February 17, 2013, 11:33:03 am »
I find it hard to approach any match now without thinking we'll lose, its just become so commonplace.

Offline merseymack

• Kopite
« Reply #232 on: February 17, 2013, 11:33:25 am »
studgagio hatrick with newboy on the first goal.Pepe blinder4-0

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: February 17, 2013, 11:34:11 am »
Johnson and Wisdom would get forward aswell, It'd be a worse scenario as Wisdom is still learning and you sometimes see him looking for advice from those around him on where he should be.

Heard Gerrard shouting to him a few times when I've been this season telling him to hold back a bit. We need experience against these, they twatted us in the cup at home.

And we were the better team at the Liberty earlier in the season in the PL.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #234 on: February 17, 2013, 11:34:44 am »
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline arturo_belano

• Anny Roader
« Reply #235 on: February 17, 2013, 11:35:31 am »
Okay not a kneejerk but why Agger isn't dropped? He made several mistakes in recent games yet he's untouchable? Skrtel got dropped for what?

Here's why: http://t.co/onaYLPEL

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #236 on: February 17, 2013, 11:35:33 am »
Agger's better at playing the ball out of defence than Skrtel
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: February 17, 2013, 11:35:49 am »
And we were the better team at the Liberty earlier in the season in the PL.

With Johnson and Enrique starting.

Offline loozy

• Legacy Fan
  • Phil M's biggest female fan
« Reply #238 on: February 17, 2013, 11:36:26 am »
studgagio hatrick with newboy on the first goal.Pepe blinder4-0

There is so much wrong with this post... Mainly the spelling  :butt Who's studgagio?

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #239 on: February 17, 2013, 11:36:59 am »
Coutinho is definitely starting today.