Author Topic: 2013 Six Nations Rugby thread  (Read 65527 times)

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Re: 2013 Six Nations Rugby thread
« Reply #1960 on: March 23, 2013, 12:47:52 am »
Leigh is such a cutie.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1961 on: March 23, 2013, 07:24:54 am »
And?

It was a response to the poster that suggested you'd have to go back to 89 to find a weaker 15 than we'll see this year. Keep up

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #1962 on: March 23, 2013, 10:22:54 am »
Got told last night Wales are the best team in the world. Wasn't a fishing trip either, he truely believed it.  Even when his (also Welsh) mate called him on it.  Amazing what a win over England does to the memory for some.

Whoppers eh? They get everywhere.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #1963 on: March 23, 2013, 10:28:27 am »
Wingman

This is the 6 Nations thread not the Lions thread.
And actually your post was in response to a post about refereeing. You even quoted it.

Keep up.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #1964 on: March 23, 2013, 10:30:43 am »
Got told last night Wales are the best team in the world. Wasn't a fishing trip either, he truely believed it.  Even when his (also Welsh) mate called him on it.  Amazing what a win over England does to the memory for some.

Whoppers eh? They get everywhere.

For those 80 odd minutes last week, Wales possibly were the best side in the world. Had they been playing one of the big SH sides and played like they did, they might have won.

Wales are not the best team in the world, not even close...
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline Rob K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #1965 on: March 23, 2013, 10:47:22 am »
For those 80 odd minutes last week, Wales possibly were the best side in the world. Had they been playing one of the big SH sides and played like they did, they might have won.

This is it, the majority will say the same.  Because sport isn't about extremes and teams don't go from the bestest ever to shite and back again. Unless you're 6 years old.
But that is how that guy sees things.  Pre-Six Nations Wales were going to smash everyone but because i had the audacity to suggest England had a chance to win it (not a grand slam just to win) it was English arrogance.
I congratulated him on Wales' victory in the World Cup because apparently you'll going breeze through that as well.  :P

Thing is i actually like Wales. But my god he makes it hard for me not to want you to lose now. :D

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: 2013 Six Nations Rugby thread
« Reply #1966 on: March 23, 2013, 10:57:26 am »
This is it, the majority will say the same.  Because sport isn't about extremes and teams don't go from the bestest ever to shite and back again. Unless you're 6 years old.
But that is how that guy sees things.  Pre-Six Nations Wales were going to smash everyone but because i had the audacity to suggest England had a chance to win it (not a grand slam just to win) it was English arrogance.
I congratulated him on Wales' victory in the World Cup because apparently you'll going breeze through that as well.  :P

Thing is i actually like Wales. But my god he makes it hard for me not to want you to lose now. :D
Suppose he thinks our football team is going to lift the trophy in Brazil aswell, after all we have beaten Scotland twice :D
Bet he's a Man U fan

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1967 on: March 23, 2013, 11:00:34 am »

Whoppers do get everywhere....

I know there is a fair bit of banter in here between established posters who 'know' each other but then you'll get the odd newbie in here who will be over the top in his arrogance and that causes friction....
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1968 on: March 23, 2013, 11:08:14 am »
I mean every word I say.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1969 on: March 23, 2013, 11:16:28 am »
I mean every word I say.
Point. Proven. Period.

;)
;D

Offline Rob K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #1970 on: March 23, 2013, 11:18:22 am »
Suppose he thinks our football team is going to lift the trophy in Brazil aswell, after all we have beaten Scotland twice :D
Bet he's a Man U fan

He actually is.  Surprising quite when it comes to Welsh football though....

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1971 on: March 23, 2013, 11:30:15 am »
He actually is.  Surprising quite when it comes to Welsh football though....
haha fucking knew he'd be a manc ;D
He'd have to be pretty delusional to brag about our football team :D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1972 on: March 23, 2013, 11:42:22 am »
Point. Proven. Period

;)
;D

Haha I knew it. By the way Jase you should suggest your mate Leigh asks out the actress Tuppence Middleton. Would give her a cracking name if they got married!

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1973 on: March 23, 2013, 12:11:23 pm »
Haha I knew it. By the way Jase you should suggest your mate Leigh asks out the actress Tuppence Middleton. Would give her a cracking name if they got married!
Mrs Halfpenny? I don't get it.... :-\ :-[ ::) ::) :-[

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1974 on: March 23, 2013, 12:12:16 pm »
Tuppence Halfpenny Jase...keep up

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1975 on: March 23, 2013, 03:08:07 pm »
I mean every word I say.
What about all the shite you post on here? :D

Offline That Kennedy moment

• "Down in 1...down in 1...or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..... *pause* .....47, 48, 49..... *sigh*.....
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
« Reply #1976 on: March 23, 2013, 05:09:35 pm »

Clive Woodward picked the weakest lions 15 I've ever seen

Maybe, but he still had some proven world-class players in that starting 15, and where there weren't world-class players there was huge experience, including some world-cup winners. I'm not a huge fan of Woodward, but his thinking wasn't too far off-beam.

Besides, he could've picked the strongest Lions team you've ever seen, and they would still have lost badly. That ABs side were out of this world in 2005.

'I'd rather have a quick wank, a cup of tea and read the Beano frankly.'
Cornelius, 8 September 2008

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1977 on: March 23, 2013, 05:12:55 pm »
Tuppence Halfpenny Jase...keep up
:duh :odd :rollseyes
The whoosh was for Nick..... ;) :P :wave

Offline That Kennedy moment

• "Down in 1...down in 1...or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..... *pause* .....47, 48, 49..... *sigh*.....
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
« Reply #1978 on: March 23, 2013, 05:18:01 pm »

You're right - if they had played like that against Australia, NZ they might have won. But the suspicion is always there with Wales that they can only really play like that against the English, because it's the English.

Re last week - I can't remember seeing a better Wales performance since the great teams of the late 1970s. Obviously, all of Wales is hoping it wasn't a one-off, and that you can kick on from here. I tend to think you're underestimating England's contribution here… it's the needle factor. And you don't have that motivation against the SH sides.

I also think there's an innate lack of self-belief in the Welsh. Maybe it goes back to those great players of the 1970s being able to beat NZ and SA when they were playing for the Lions (and being the best of the Lions) but never being able to beat NZ even in your heyday. And if those great sides couldn't beat NZ… then cling on to the Andy Haden moment, and suck up second best every autumn/World Cup.

We'll see. But England have got a nightmare pool in the next World Cup.
'I'd rather have a quick wank, a cup of tea and read the Beano frankly.'
Cornelius, 8 September 2008

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1979 on: March 23, 2013, 08:58:32 pm »
You're right - if they had played like that against Australia, NZ they might have won. But the suspicion is always there with Wales that they can only really play like that against the English, because it's the English.

Re last week - I can't remember seeing a better Wales performance since the great teams of the late 1970s. Obviously, all of Wales is hoping it wasn't a one-off, and that you can kick on from here. I tend to think you're underestimating England's contribution here… it's the needle factor. And you don't have that motivation against the SH sides.

I also think there's an innate lack of self-belief in the Welsh. Maybe it goes back to those great players of the 1970s being able to beat NZ and SA when they were playing for the Lions (and being the best of the Lions) but never being able to beat NZ even in your heyday. And if those great sides couldn't beat NZ… then cling on to the Andy Haden moment, and suck up second best every autumn/World Cup.

We'll see. But England have got a nightmare pool in the next World Cup.

It's always nice to beat England - we've gotten quite used to it lately ;)

The self belief is growing within the Wales boys - 3 Grand Slams and 4 6 Nations in the past 9 years will do that for you. Maybe the fact that there is actually nothing other than pride & bragging rights at stake in the AIs does not help Wales? There are a lot of ifs and buts in this next sentence but if Warburton had not been sent off v France, I think Wales would have won that game and gotten to the World Cup Final. That one game - the final against NZ- would have shown if Wales had a right to be there or not.

Which country do you think feels better right now - the English for having beaten the ABs in the Autumn but missed out on a Grand Slam or Wales who were shocking in the AIs but have just won back to back 6 Nations titles with a World Cup semi final in between?

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #1980 on: March 23, 2013, 09:13:19 pm »
It's always nice to beat England - we've gotten quite used to it lately ;)

The self belief is growing within the Wales boys - 3 Grand Slams and 4 6 Nations in the past 9 years will do that for you. Maybe the fact that there is actually nothing other than pride & bragging rights at stake in the AIs does not help Wales? There are a lot of ifs and buts in this next sentence but if Warburton had not been sent off v France, I think Wales would have won that game and gotten to the World Cup Final. That one game - the final against NZ- would have shown if Wales had a right to be there or not.

Which country do you think feels better right now - the English for having beaten the ABs in the Autumn but missed out on a Grand Slam or Wales who were shocking in the AIs but have just won back to back 6 Nations titles with a World Cup semi final in between?

Surely most rugby fans realise that England are a team in progress and WAles are undoubtedly the better side? Of course, Rugby, more than it likes to admit has gone done the football road of: win a game and everyone's brilliant, lose and everyone's a disgrace.

Shouldn't your reference point be Woodward's England up to 2003?
A dominant team at home and able to compete against SH sides home and away.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1981 on: March 23, 2013, 10:01:33 pm »
Surely most rugby fans realise that England are a team in progress and WAles are undoubtedly the better side? Of course, Rugby, more than it likes to admit has gone done the football road of: win a game and everyone's brilliant, lose and everyone's a disgrace.

Shouldn't your reference point be Woodward's England up to 2003?
A dominant team at home and able to compete against SH sides home and away.

Not really. England were so far ahead of all the Home Nations in the Early Noughties. They were the first country to introduce SAG with Allan Pearson and that made their forwards stronger, more agile and quicker and that was borne out by your best ever year in 2003.
Yes, Wales had the 70s and bits of the 80s but England were the standard bearers but now the playing field is more level.

I do think the Aviva Premiership needs to reduce the foreigners playing as does the Top 14 as that is not helping either national team.

I would take being competitive against the SH teams, with the odd win here and there and to be in the mix for the 6 Nations.

Again, I'll ask would you swap your win against NZ for the win against Wales? Would Wales swap their win v England for a win against NZ, SA or Australia? I don't think Wales would swap....

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #1982 on: March 23, 2013, 10:14:22 pm »
'Your win' ;D

Awaits archie's response...

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #1983 on: March 23, 2013, 10:15:28 pm »

Again, I'll ask would you swap your win against NZ for the win against Wales? Would Wales swap their win v England for a win against NZ, SA or Australia? I don't think Wales would swap....

You're either implying that I am english (you'll be calling me George next)  :o
Or just laughing at Ireland's outstandingly consistent record against NZ.  :wanker

Halfpenny is shite btw, most overrated player of all time. Fact.  ;)

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #1984 on: March 23, 2013, 10:17:38 pm »
Wales were obliterated by Ireland.

Such a shame the rest of the teams they encountered were trash.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1985 on: March 23, 2013, 10:27:08 pm »
We had too much strength and experience for a dam good young England side to cope with, simple as that happy with the win and the cup but take nothing away from the potential in the England Squad. As for Leigh I think it was the right choice but Mike Philips controlled most of the game behind a brilliant pack.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1986 on: March 23, 2013, 10:29:27 pm »

Nice try watch they were in command in the first half but not after that. Only just stayed ahead given their massive first half lead, oh and what position did Ireland finish in?
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1987 on: March 23, 2013, 11:08:52 pm »
Ireland finished exactly where any nation with a dozen injuries would have finished.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1988 on: March 23, 2013, 11:29:38 pm »
You're either implying that I am english (you'll be calling me George next)  :o
Or just laughing at Ireland's outstandingly consistent record against NZ.  :wanker

Halfpenny is shite btw, most overrated player of all time. Fact.  ;)

I'm tired and posting while watching TV..... :P :P :-[ :-[

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1989 on: March 23, 2013, 11:30:25 pm »

You're gonna need a bigger bait.....

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1990 on: March 23, 2013, 11:31:35 pm »
Ireland finished exactly where any nation with a dozen injuries would have finished.
Name 'em.....

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1991 on: March 24, 2013, 12:49:35 am »

Funny enough check how many Welsh lads didn't play against Ireland through injury, in the end as the song goes its not how you start it's how you finish.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1992 on: March 24, 2013, 12:00:12 pm »
Ireland finished exactly where any nation with a dozen injuries would who would pick Paddy Jackson over Ian Madigan deserve to have finished.

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1993 on: March 24, 2013, 12:09:02 pm »
Funny enough check how many Welsh lads didn't play against Ireland through injury, in the end as the song goes its not how you start it's how you finish.
Strangely enough, as we got more injuries, we got worse.

We destroyed Wales, then injury after injury arrived.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1994 on: March 24, 2013, 01:10:42 pm »

destroyed Wales hahahahaha, more like a mixture of you played well first half and we fumbled every single play we had, then we took control 2nd half

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #1995 on: March 24, 2013, 01:19:47 pm »

Or, to put it another way you were very good for 50 mins, and we were dogshit. Then, after you got to 30 points due far more to our abysmal play and lack of confidence from our awful 7 game losing streak going into it, we didn't concede another try all tournament and were utterly the best , despite having injuries and ireland finished where you deserved to because you were woeful in every game after it.

You're just lucky that france were even shitter than you. ;)

;D

And while were at it, i want to give a lot of credit to ROb Howley who I've fucking slaughtered on here at times. Fair play to him and i'm delighted that he showed me to be wrong, not just wrong, but very wrong.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1996 on: March 24, 2013, 01:21:45 pm »
Completely destroyed Wales. 30-3 up after 40 odd minutes, complete demolition job, game was over. 30-3 up, perfectly natural for a team to take a breather, with plenty of tough games on the horizon.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1997 on: March 24, 2013, 02:12:33 pm »
Completely destroyed Wales. 30-3 up after 40 odd minutes, complete demolition job, game was over. 30-3 up, perfectly natural for a team to take a breather, with plenty of tough games on the horizon.

shame is they seem to have taken a breather for the rest of the six nations,

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #1998 on: March 24, 2013, 02:31:56 pm »
Permatroll (noun) [plural: Permantrolls]

1. A person whose permanent state of attempting to rile a reaction has consumed all other facets of their being, and now they're nothing more than a series of hopeful, rarely humorous stabs in the dark aimed at garnering attention.

Anywhichwayyoucan was a permatroll who had spent so long at it that no one believed there was anything else to him any more.

Hope you've caught your breath now.

"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1999 on: March 24, 2013, 02:44:08 pm »
shame is they seem to have taken a breather for the rest of the six nations,
You'll get no argument from me there.

Against Wales though, it was an impressive display.

Permatroll (noun) [plural: Permantrolls]

1. A person whose permanent state of attempting to rile a reaction has consumed all other facets of their being, and now they're nothing more than a series of hopeful, rarely humorous stabs in the dark aimed at garnering attention.

Anywhichwayyoucan was a permatroll who had spent so long at it that no one believed there was anything else to him any more.

Hope you've caught your breath now.
Not really trolling, at all.

I've already said numerous times Ireland were pretty horrendous throughout the tournament and I've already said I think we're in for a tough decade, but against Wales we were excellent, and totally dominant.

Wales beat England 30-3, after 80 minutes. We were beating Wales by that scoreline, after 40 odd minutes. The difference being Ireland had another 4 games to follow and took their foot off the gas, whereas Wales had the feel good factor of winning a Championship.

Not one element of trolling to that.