Author Topic: Home atmosphere (Fortress Anfield?)  (Read 420543 times)

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Home atmosphere (Fortress Anfield?)
« Reply #4000 on: October 24, 2014, 09:16:12 am »
i've stopped going this season apart from CL games. ludogrets was shite in the kop and madrid was worse than a league game in the centenary. think thats my lot cos if you cant rouse an atmosphere for real madrid its gane over. i'll still have some stories to tell my kids like me dad or grandad have told me like the champions league atmospheres under rafa but times have changed since then with the amount of corporates shoved into the ground. i paid 59 for wednesday. 3rd may 05 cl semi i paid 30 and even that was too much back then
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4001 on: October 24, 2014, 10:19:05 am »
Someone above said it best, Anfield is now full of customers rather than supporters.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4002 on: October 24, 2014, 10:49:13 am »
There's nothing wrong with showing your respect, no matter how begrudgingly.

I remember watching us play barca at home in the CL, 11/12 years ago. They played us off the park in a similar manner and also won 0-3 I think. I remember them getting a standing ovation at the end.

Nothing wrong with it at all.

That's the thing though - I've seen plenty of teams applauded off at the end of a game at Anfield when they've given a good account of themselves, from Benfica to Havant and Waterlooville. But at the end of the game. I'm 30 so admittedly I'm not exactly a veteran but I've been going to the match for years and I've never seen all 3 subs applauded off like the Real Madrid ones were. I didn't understand it, it was almost as if people were awed by them. But even at my age I've seen everyone. There isn't a European heavyweight I haven't seen at Anfield with the exception of Bayern Munich. Without being arrogant I'm not awed by anyone, we're Liverpool not Oxford United.

It felt really weird in my opinion.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 10:51:38 am by gregor »

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #4003 on: October 24, 2014, 11:30:02 am »
Sad the amount of people considering dropping out.

I started going when I was taken by an cousin in the early 90's as 16 year old. I'm 40 now with three kids and its fucking expensive going 2/3 times a month but rarely do you get the same buzz that you used to get apart from the big games and some of those are flat if the crowd isn't taken away by the play on the pitch for the entire 90. Last time that happened for me was the zenit game.

Got to admit I'm considering dropping the amount of games I get to. You just don't feel it.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #4004 on: October 24, 2014, 11:54:02 am »
Salty much?
He's a great player, in fact, currently the best in the world, who cares if he played for United, he doesn't now.

Would have played for us if Phil Thompson hadn't been too afraid to upset Antony Le Tallec, too.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • Said It's High Green mate, Via Hillsborough please
« Reply #4005 on: October 24, 2014, 01:05:24 pm »
This may sound drastic but I hope we get relegated this season, that way those corporate twats will fuck off and ticket prices will drop considerably. Plus a few decent aways, I.e Derby, Forrest, Leeds!
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MattyJohnson8

Offline redmen9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4006 on: October 24, 2014, 01:08:06 pm »
Salty much?
He's a great player, in fact, currently the best in the world, who cares if he played for United, he doesn't now.

Me!!

I dislike him.  Granted, he is the world's best player, I rate him higher than Messi but I dislike him.  And there's no way on God's green earth I would applaud him, even if he'd put on a spectacular performance (which he didn't, he just took a chance really well). 

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #4007 on: October 24, 2014, 01:10:24 pm »
Pretty amazing support from the fans when your team is getting torn apart

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/best-fans-europe-week-are-4491526

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4008 on: October 24, 2014, 01:13:31 pm »
I booed Ronaldo every time he touched the ball for the entire game to try help take him off his game/intimidate him/wind him up, and then clapped him off as he was subbed as a way of showing respect to his ability and accomplishments, I don't really see any issue with that
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #4009 on: October 24, 2014, 01:14:23 pm »
Wasn't there a big accident?

M62 was a mess that night.

Living over in Leeds these days I expect it to take a while but was absolutely ridiculous. Set off from work at 4 and due to the traffic I didn't actually get to my seat until 8 - nothing I could do about it, would have thought giving myself 3 and a bit hours to get over and get parked would be enough.

Offline SimplyRed91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4010 on: October 25, 2014, 10:54:07 am »
Was sat in lower centenary and it was fine for the first 15/20 minutes until a combination of the steward asking us to sit down & the goal killed it off. Tried to join the kop in most songs but it's hard when only you and a few others in that area are singing.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #4011 on: October 25, 2014, 11:16:48 am »
Sad the amount of people considering dropping out.

I started going when I was taken by an cousin in the early 90's as 16 year old. I'm 40 now with three kids and its fucking expensive going 2/3 times a month but rarely do you get the same buzz that you used to get apart from the big games and some of those are flat if the crowd isn't taken away by the play on the pitch for the entire 90. Last time that happened for me was the zenit game.

Got to admit I'm considering dropping the amount of games I get to. You just don't feel it.

Pretty much sums it up. Been going for 40 years now and if it wasn't for the fact I take my lad I'm pretty sure I'd have spewed it by now. Give it another season maybe until he's old enough to go on his own and that will be it. Don't think Ill miss it I'm sad to say.
 Woke up today thinking I'll do some of the jobs that needs doing and then thought "fuck, I've got to go the match". That can't be right. No doubt some on here will call me a spoilt c*nt and give it the old "I'd walk across broken glass to be there" stuff but it is what it is, the ground is full of blerts and we're getting royally fleeced so it's no wonder a lot of the older fans feel this way.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4012 on: October 25, 2014, 11:20:53 am »
Spent the last few days glad I'm not going today.

Wake up and now I'm fucking gutted I'm not going.

It's got me in a bind. I want to give it up but I can't. I hate a lot of the people in the ground, but I want to be there anyway.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4013 on: October 25, 2014, 11:28:05 am »
Spent the last few days glad I'm not going today.

Wake up and now I'm fucking gutted I'm not going.

It's got me in a bind. I want to give it up but I can't. I hate a lot of the people in the ground, but I want to be there anyway.

I know mate, and the fans aren't much better.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #4014 on: October 25, 2014, 11:30:54 am »
first time i've wished there was an international break....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline BUSHMILLS

• PEBBLEHOUSE. Your auntie's agent provocateur.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never ask what's under his patio
« Reply #4015 on: October 25, 2014, 11:53:50 am »
This may sound drastic but I hope we get relegated this season, that way those corporate twats will fuck off and ticket prices will drop considerably. Plus a few decent aways, I.e Derby, Forrest, Leeds!

Nope, it sounds deranged.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4016 on: October 25, 2014, 12:04:48 pm »

:o
YNWA.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #4017 on: October 25, 2014, 12:45:54 pm »
Someone above said it best, Anfield is now full of customers rather than supporters.

That's how the club want it. It brings more money but it means no atmosphere and takes the soul away so it's whether the collateral damage is worth it. It makes our perpetual transfer market disasters all the more infuriating because fans have to help subsidise it with stupid prices.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline maher

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone..
« Reply #4018 on: October 25, 2014, 12:53:43 pm »
So is there any suggested solutions ?

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4019 on: October 25, 2014, 12:59:00 pm »
Salty much?

He'll always be a manc c*nt. Some player though.

Offline jaffod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4020 on: October 25, 2014, 01:00:42 pm »
So is there any suggested solutions ?

Been done to death mate, nothing will change until the arse falls out of the game and all the whoppers and beauts fuck off but just can't see that happening any time soon.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4021 on: October 25, 2014, 01:01:17 pm »
Been done to death mate, nothing will change until the arse falls out of the game and all the whoppers and beauts fuck off but just can't see that happening any time soon.

Sadly spot on. Beyond the point of no return.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4022 on: October 25, 2014, 01:58:34 pm »

Or safe standing comes in, the day trippers won't want to be stood up for 2 hours
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline KForshaw

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4023 on: October 25, 2014, 01:58:48 pm »
Why the hell are people suggesting just packing in going at all just because the atmosphere is a bit poor (to put it very kindly) at the moment? Its supporters like these that can happily fuck off and I won't be bothered. If everyone stops going because they thing the atmosphere isn't good enough for them then we will be left with a fucking shambles of a support and no one singing at all.

Better to go and sing on your own than not go at all. Stop being such babies and thinking the world owes you a favour and a good atmosphere if you're not even going to stick out the tough years and be a part of the little there is. The club has gone through tough times in recent years and have hit a dead patch in the clubs history with not much to sing for but fans still go and they still sing as best they can even with high ticket prices and a so called invasion of corporates.

Fans who jib off a game because "its only hull" and can't be bothered going when they know the atmosphere will be poor, but go to Real Madrid the week before, are the sort of people I would rather kick out our game and replace with some foreigner who has at least put in the bloody time and effort to get himself there, no matter how much they sing.

People compare our atmosphere last week to those of the old European nights, which is fucking stupid. Firstly its a group game, which half the time used to be reasonably average atmosphere anyway, and secondly "back in the day" we were usually beating these teams or putting up a huge fight so the atmosphere is obviously going to be bouncing. Its as if people expect a 3-0 loss to Real in the group stage to be the same atmosphere to the 1-0 win against Chelsea in the semis in 05.

A good few people on here need a reality check, not all, but a good few.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4024 on: October 25, 2014, 06:55:21 pm »
All this out of town versus local shit needs to be put to bed. Everyone knows the club belongs to the locals and if you aren't a scouser quite frankly you are a guest in me fucking house so behave. All this I d rather ha e a foreigner shit is bollox.  If we were  on marks who d won fuck all there'd only be locals there. Cheap seats for scouser who have inherited the club and the problem is sorted. All these other blurts who go the game are there for the fame end of. Take a teaspoon of truth 3 times a day and you ll see. This coming from someone who was named in the liverpool squad in 1989.

Yep.. all the die hard locals who ensured that the Middlesborough game was fully sold out, and are doing the same for Swansea on Tuesday  :thumbup

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #4025 on: October 25, 2014, 07:01:11 pm »
This coming from someone who was named in the liverpool squad in 1989.

You dictated the play so well, Saddam.

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4026 on: October 25, 2014, 08:10:52 pm »
Why the hell are people suggesting just packing in going at all just because the atmosphere is a bit poor (to put it very kindly) at the moment? Its supporters like these that can happily fuck off and I won't be bothered. If everyone stops going because they thing the atmosphere isn't good enough for them then we will be left with a fucking shambles of a support and no one singing at all.

Better to go and sing on your own than not go at all. Stop being such babies and thinking the world owes you a favour and a good atmosphere if you're not even going to stick out the tough years and be a part of the little there is. The club has gone through tough times in recent years and have hit a dead patch in the clubs history with not much to sing for but fans still go and they still sing as best they can even with high ticket prices and a so called invasion of corporates.

Fans who jib off a game because "its only hull" and can't be bothered going when they know the atmosphere will be poor, but go to Real Madrid the week before, are the sort of people I would rather kick out our game and replace with some foreigner who has at least put in the bloody time and effort to get himself there, no matter how much they sing.

People compare our atmosphere last week to those of the old European nights, which is fucking stupid. Firstly its a group game, which half the time used to be reasonably average atmosphere anyway, and secondly "back in the day" we were usually beating these teams or putting up a huge fight so the atmosphere is obviously going to be bouncing. Its as if people expect a 3-0 loss to Real in the group stage to be the same atmosphere to the 1-0 win against Chelsea in the semis in 05.

A good few people on here need a reality check, not all, but a good few.

It's not just the shite atmosphere. You can stand that for the one time in 3 months it is any good. It's a mixture of that and the cost. As the banner on the upper tier of the kemlyn pointed out, we're supporters not customers, but you don't feel that. Everything is geared up to wringing every last penny from us. I love the club but I hate what it has become.

I've got kids. I don't drink or smoke, In fact I do jack shit other than go to the football but I'm on the cusp of saying job done. It's to much. One more price rise and I can see myself turning my back on going to Anfield.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 08:13:47 pm by Liamski-la »

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4027 on: October 25, 2014, 08:13:25 pm »
ticket price Banners were great today.

Saw some cockney twat moaning that they were getting in his way of taking pictures though hilariously enough, often wonder why these people get tickets on the kop though, it's like going to KFC and complaining about there being too much chicken

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4028 on: October 25, 2014, 08:14:26 pm »
Atmosphere will be a lot better Tuesday.
More scousers for a start,especially young local kids who can afford to go to this game.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4029 on: October 25, 2014, 08:14:32 pm »
What do the back flags represent? I know there part of the protest, but I mean historically?

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4030 on: October 25, 2014, 08:17:35 pm »
More scousers for a start,especially young local kids who can afford to go to this game.

It won't be, there's a culture where many just don't go the game now, you can't just expect them to be happy to show up for a couple league cup games every year, and then told to fuck off for every other game and be happy with that

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4031 on: October 25, 2014, 08:26:54 pm »
What do the back flags represent? I know there part of the protest, but I mean historically?
Anarchists have employed certain symbols for their cause, including most prominently the circle-A and the black flag, although anarchists have historically largely denied the importance of symbols to political movement.[1] Since the revival of anarchism around the start of the 21st-century concurrent with the rise of the anti-globalization movement, anarchist cultural symbols are widely present

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #4032 on: October 25, 2014, 08:34:47 pm »

It won't be, there's a culture where many just don't go the game now, you can't just expect them to be happy to show up for a couple league cup games every year, and then told to fuck off for every other game and be happy with that

Can see both sides of this Crosby.  On the one hand being able to see the reds at a reduced rate   and on the other being treated like cannon fodder and flung the crumbs. 

But what you say initially is more disrturbing.  Not wishing to appear a wise old owl, but a few years ago I said that my sister simply could not afford her lads to go to matches on a regular basis and they were not alone amongst their mates.  So instead of it being a must do to go to matches, as natural as breathing, it became a what the fuck let's do something else instead.  But clearly, from what you say, going to the match never figures with a lot of scouse youth.  And that is heartbreakingly sad.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4033 on: October 25, 2014, 08:38:59 pm »
Anarchists have employed certain symbols for their cause, including most prominently the circle-A and the black flag, although anarchists have historically largely denied the importance of symbols to political movement.[1] Since the revival of anarchism around the start of the 21st-century concurrent with the rise of the anti-globalization movement, anarchist cultural symbols are widely present

Well yeah.  Obviously.  I mean everyone knows that.  But what exactly were they for at Anfield?  :wave

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4034 on: October 25, 2014, 08:59:08 pm »
Well yeah.  Obviously.  I mean everyone knows that.  But what exactly were they for at Anfield?  :wave

Pretty much that the are a part of the atmosphere with the bright flags they normally wave. They take part. They are a supporter, not one of fsg's customers.

As part of the protest, they wave plain black, non colourful flags.

I'm not good with words, but you get the point.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4035 on: October 25, 2014, 08:59:40 pm »

We all know this won't be happening.
YNWA.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #4036 on: October 25, 2014, 09:06:10 pm »
We all know this won't be happening.
Yes. It'll be worse. Not that I mean to be too pessimistic but that's what it's come to.

Offline jaffod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4037 on: October 25, 2014, 09:13:51 pm »
Wish they'd fuck off with the half-time 'entertainment' too, I'd rather watch blokes sticking pitchforks into the turf.

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4038 on: October 25, 2014, 09:31:09 pm »
Pretty much that the are a part of the atmosphere with the bright flags they normally wave. They take part. They are a supporter, not one of fsg's customers.

As part of the protest, they wave plain black, non colourful flags.

I'm not good with words, but you get the point.

Oh yes you are very, very  good.  Don't take it like that.  I was just messing about and I can be clumsy at times.  Apologies.

That is a magnificent concept.  Black flag says : We are supporters not customers.  How fucking excellent. 

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4039 on: October 25, 2014, 09:33:42 pm »
Wish they'd fuck off with the half-time 'entertainment' too, I'd rather watch blokes sticking pitchforks into the turf.

Oh Christ.  Not something else now for fuckksakes.   :butt