Author Topic: Home atmosphere (Fortress Anfield?)  (Read 420545 times)

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
Re: Home atmosphere (Fortress Anfield?)
« Reply #3840 on: October 16, 2014, 09:41:47 pm »
The guy at the end sums it up about the PL losing its roots. If you price out the working class people and the young fans then you wha you end up with is something pretty dull and boring. That's where we are now for 90% of the games in the PL and cups.
This. I think we'll have a two class system soon where working class people will only be able to afford to watch the U21 games
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • Said It's High Green mate, Via Hillsborough please
« Reply #3841 on: October 17, 2014, 01:27:11 am »
This. I think we'll have a two class system soon where working class people will only be able to afford to watch the U21 games

Only if they purchase Sky Sports latest sports package where they allow you to watch the U21's from your own couch! & for only £35.99 a month!
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MattyJohnson8

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3842 on: October 17, 2014, 03:07:34 pm »

Better than women's football though, no?

Just kidding

CHAMPIONS!
YNWA.

Offline maher

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone..
« Reply #3843 on: October 19, 2014, 07:03:41 pm »
The atmosphere will be very crucial in the next game
Giving the poor performance of our team we need to terrify Madrid by a unique atmosphere

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #3844 on: October 19, 2014, 07:08:36 pm »
Can't wait for Wednesday. Anfield will be buzzing and the players will feel 10 feet tall. Regardless of how we are playing at the moment, they won't themselves or the fans down.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline tossedandblown

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3845 on: October 20, 2014, 10:15:55 am »
Can't wait for Wednesday. Anfield will be buzzing and the players will feel 10 feet tall. Regardless of how we are playing at the moment, they won't themselves or the fans down.
starting to get that tingly feeling - already buzzing for Wednesday!!

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3846 on: October 20, 2014, 10:42:21 am »
Anyone going to this, genuinely you better not be able to speak come Thursday morning from screaming and shouting so much! The players need the supporters 100% behind them to stand any chance of taking points from these.  :)

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3847 on: October 20, 2014, 10:57:14 am »
These unique Anfield occasions ,when the ground is buzzing and the Kop is growling, not  only give us a chance against any team on the planet, but they also raise our international profile considerably...In Italy, on Champions League nights/big games at Anfield, they turn down the commentary for a few minutes and hone in on the Kop for Walk On, and then you get remarks like "it'd be every player's dream to play for those fans".
Turn the magic on again fellas, the rest of football watches in awe on these nights!!!

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3848 on: October 20, 2014, 12:43:56 pm »
Non stop singing lads, even if we go a goal down keep singing. Let our boys know that we are always behind them. Can't wait!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VASqTZ5GjNE

Oh, and a YNWA rendition like the last time we played them please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O92sY5rtXzo
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 12:49:58 pm by OzBomber »

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3849 on: October 21, 2014, 04:05:03 pm »
If this is what Carlo Ancelotti wants,then let's give it to him/them big time tomorrow...He already knows what the arrogant Spanish (and British for that matter) press obviously doesn't seem to get...Anfield's European nights has a soul all of its own...For those lucky enough to have a ticket, it is your duty to shout your heads off tomorrow night...nowt less will do...

http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/21/carlo-ancelotti-will-go-on-anfield-pitch-early-to-hear-liverpool-fans-sing-incredible-youll-never-walk-alone-4915193/?

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #3850 on: October 23, 2014, 01:34:06 am »
It was like a funeral after Ronaldo scored last night, shockingly quite.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3851 on: October 23, 2014, 01:36:39 am »
It was like a funeral after Ronaldo scored last night, shockingly quite.

3 goals in 18 minutes, 2 completely avoidable , it's gonna kill off anything.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3852 on: October 23, 2014, 01:46:43 am »

Died a death after 1.

Offline thechulloran

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3853 on: October 23, 2014, 01:56:55 am »
ultras would of kept singing despite any scoreline
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists" - Tom Hicks

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #3854 on: October 23, 2014, 02:57:40 am »
ultras would of kept singing despite any scoreline
Ultras don't exist in england
Seen us win everything

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3855 on: October 23, 2014, 03:12:04 am »

didn't kill anything in Istanbul though

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3856 on: October 23, 2014, 03:19:44 am »

Different circumstances I think.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #3857 on: October 23, 2014, 03:54:52 am »

There was belief and consistency in Istanbul.

Here I don't think there was the belief that things could be turned around due to how we've been playing over the last 2 months, and the crowd collectively became terrified for the team.

Offline Hyderabad Red

• Is back... and having an identity crisis.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3858 on: October 23, 2014, 07:19:21 am »
Embarrassing atmosphere last night after the first 15mins. :(

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3859 on: October 23, 2014, 07:21:41 am »
What's the point guys?
Meh.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3860 on: October 23, 2014, 07:38:44 am »
Resorted at points to banging the back wall of the Kop hoping people would liven up a bit.
YNWA.

Offline IgoDirk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3861 on: October 23, 2014, 07:47:02 am »
There's an article on The Guardian about Ronaldo last night. The accompanying picture is horrible. As he's celebrating in right front of our fans, there's 9 people taking photographs of him, including one lady in the first row with her iPad out, grinning at the fantastic photo she's getting of our team conceding. And this is out of a pretty small smaple of fans, I'd estimate about 70 perhaps??  :no :no :no

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Clubs/Club_Home/2014/10/22/1414007074268/Cristiano-Ronaldo-Liverpo-011.jpg

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3862 on: October 23, 2014, 07:49:48 am »
I would love to see some people who just whinge about it on here actually go, just to see if they would sing the whole game, on their own if needs be, no matter the performance. I'm not saying people wouldn't, I don't know, but it would be interesting to see.

It was pretty rubbish last night when it went 2-0, but I expect as always it came across much worse on telly.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3863 on: October 23, 2014, 07:51:37 am »
I would love to see some people who just whinge about it on here actually go,

Exactly.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline indlfc

• Moany whiner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool will always be my home.
« Reply #3864 on: October 23, 2014, 08:02:38 am »
I would love to see some people who just whinge about it on here actually go, just to see if they would sing the whole game, on their own if needs be, no matter the performance. I'm not saying people wouldn't, I don't know, but it would be interesting to see.

It was pretty rubbish last night when it went 2-0, but I expect as always it came across much worse on telly.
Booing him after he scored doesn't make any difference.

Even the players wanted to swap the shirt and have fun with them. So why point a lady shooting the world footballer of the year?
There is only one family, it is the Liverpool family.

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3865 on: October 23, 2014, 08:07:34 am »

Even the players wanted to swap the shirt and have fun with them. So why point a lady shooting the world footballer of the year?

Was that a response to another post?
We're on our way to glory...

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #3866 on: October 23, 2014, 08:09:03 am »
So why point a lady shooting the world footballer of the year?

She should have that iPad rammed up her arse.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #3867 on: October 23, 2014, 08:26:00 am »

Not suggesting we boo him but for Chrissakes we don't join in his fucking celebration. 

Have fun with them.  I'm struggling how to respond to someone who can actually say that without being banned myself, save to politely enquire if you are fucking insane.   The players were not there to have fun, oddly enough.  They were there to fight with every fibre of their being to win.  I appreciate the fan base has altered, but this caper is way too far.

And as for this female:

She should have that iPad rammed up her arse.

If I'd have been there I'd have gladly done it.  You're their to support your own team not fucking outsiders.  Disgraceful behaviour.   :no
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline indlfc

• Moany whiner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool will always be my home.
« Reply #3868 on: October 23, 2014, 08:41:34 am »
Not suggesting we boo him but for Chrissakes we don't join in his fucking celebration. 

Have fun with them.  I'm struggling how to respond to someone who can actually say that without being banned myself, save to politely enquire if you are fucking insane.   The players were not there to have fun, oddly enough.  They were there to fight with every fibre of their being to win.  I appreciate the fan base has altered, but this caper is way too far.

And as for this female:

If I'd have been there I'd have gladly done it.  You're their to support your own team not fucking outsiders.  Disgraceful behaviour.   :no
What i meant was , they player's need to change their mentality first. There is no point in abusing some one because they took a picture of player of the year, if the players and manager  were up for it, that scene wouldn't even have happened. And these things are a minority.
There is only one family, it is the Liverpool family.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3869 on: October 23, 2014, 08:45:00 am »
I could have done without the woman behind me moaning all game through. At one point she was actually going through a list of things she could be doing instead...'Watching Holby City...Shopping...Watching paint dry...' Had to turn round and tell her if she preferred watching paint dry to watching Liverpool v Real Madrid then why did she come the game? Then the bloke next to me piped up saying he was an interior decorater and could come and do her walls if she liked :) Then she said 'Any shade but red'  ::)

Offline Purdy

• Legacy Fan
  • Gobble gobble turkey
« Reply #3870 on: October 23, 2014, 08:55:50 am »

Kind of died when our tempo died even before the goal as it just felt like a matter of time

There were short bursts of stuff, but mostly people whinging like a pack of c*nts because we happen to pass the ball backwards on occasion instead of only forward, fucking idiots

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #3871 on: October 23, 2014, 09:02:29 am »
There's an article on The Guardian about Ronaldo last night. The accompanying picture is horrible. As he's celebrating in right front of our fans, there's 9 people taking photographs of him, including one lady in the first row with her iPad out, grinning at the fantastic photo she's getting of our team conceding. And this is out of a pretty small smaple of fans, I'd estimate about 70 perhaps??  :no :no :no

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Clubs/Club_Home/2014/10/22/1414007074268/Cristiano-Ronaldo-Liverpo-011.jpg

Sadly that's what Anfield is like now. It seems the first ten rows or so right round the ground are saved for tourists. Horrible to see them all taking photos constantly. We need our crowd to intimidate away teams and taking photos is just wrong wrong wrong.

Offline IgoDirk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3872 on: October 23, 2014, 09:05:02 am »
What i meant was , they player's need to change their mentality first. There is no point in abusing some one because they took a picture of player of the year, if the players and manager  were up for it, that scene wouldn't even have happened. And these things are a minority.

That's the thing though, many of us who can't go would absolutely love to go and and support the lads on a massive European night like this, or any game for that matter. I know for me personally that I read these forums and other Liverpool sites regularly because I love the club, I want to read about the club, I want to discuss the club. So when I see photo's like the Ronaldo one I linked above, it's fucking frustrating to say the least. I'm not saying that if I went to Anfield I'd be there in the corner singing on my own if no-one else is. But I'd be there to support the team as best I can. These people with their camera phones and ipads, getting a photo of Ronaldo celebrating a goal against Liverpool.... I just don't get it. They're more bothered about getting a good photo to put on Facebook than they are about supporting the team.

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • Said It's High Green mate, Via Hillsborough please
« Reply #3873 on: October 23, 2014, 09:07:51 am »

That picture has made me very angry. Everything that's wrong with modern football.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MattyJohnson8

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #3874 on: October 23, 2014, 09:11:37 am »
Majorly falling out of love with the game.  :'(
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #3875 on: October 23, 2014, 09:15:37 am »
Embarrassing atmosphere last night after the first 15mins. :(

Which part of the ground were you sitting in? Did you try getting any songs going  etc..?

I thought it was a good atmosphere last night up until they scored the 1st. It died a bit after that but got worse after the 2nd and 3rd.

That's to be expected though. The crowd tried to rally round the team in the 2nd half on occasions but it's hardly going to be rocking when you are 3-0 down at home to a team who look like they tear you apart on every attack.

The atmosphere at Anfield isn't what it was but someone in here was saying ultras would have kept singing. What 'ultras'? Ultras don't exist in the UK. You should be comparing what the atmosphere was like last night to what other english teams would have been like at 3-0 down at home. When you were sitting in the ground last night did you feel the crowd offer more or less support than Arsenal, City, United or Chelsea would have done in the same situation?

The atmosphere at Anfield for big games (see European games and last seasons run in) are up there with anything that any other club can serve up in England, and potentially even the majority of major European clubs. For lesser games maybe not but every team suffers from this -  it's a reflection on the modern football fan in the UK rather than the modern Liverpool fan.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3876 on: October 23, 2014, 09:17:55 am »
It was a poor atmosphere but it's draining to watch us throw the games away in the manner we do. We're only human. I mean who keeps fighting when you aren't in control of what's happening out there and you see another two goals conceded in the same manner, over and over again. It's draining.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3877 on: October 23, 2014, 09:20:23 am »
Which part of the ground were you sitting in? Did you try getting any songs going  etc..?

I thought it was a good atmosphere last night up until they scored the 1st. It died a bit after that but got worse after the 2nd and 3rd.

That's to be expected though. The crowd tried to rally round the team in the 2nd half on occasions but it's hardly going to be rocking when you are 3-0 down at home to a team who look like they tear you apart on every attack.

The atmosphere at Anfield isn't what it was but someone in here was saying ultras would have kept singing. What 'ultras'? Ultras don't exist in the UK. You should be comparing what the atmosphere was like last night to what other english teams would have been like at 3-0 down at home. When you were sitting in the ground last night did you feel the crowd offer more or less support than Arsenal, City, United or Chelsea would have done in the same situation?

The atmosphere at Anfield for big games (see European games and last seasons run in) are up there with anything that any other club can serve up in England, and potentially even the majority of major European clubs. For lesser games maybe not but every team suffers from this -  it's a reflection on the modern football fan in the UK rather than the modern Liverpool fan.

Good post.

Had Countinho's shot gone in just before HT, the atmosphere would have improved immeasurably. But the crowd needs something to feed on. Second half Madrid were pretty comfortable really and we didn't look like we'd turn it around, what can you do in that situation. Added to the fact that football now attracts whoppers with ipads etc. then what can you do? They're at every ground not just ours.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #3878 on: October 23, 2014, 09:20:30 am »
Kop & Lower Annie seemed ok but block KG residents were determined not to lower themselves to anything as unsophisticated as getting behind the team.
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #3879 on: October 23, 2014, 09:20:54 am »

Sure the players and manager need to change their mentality - and also grow a spine and a pair.

But there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for the behaviour of this woman and others.  I don't care if he is the best in the world or the universe or other assorted galaxies.   Got nothing to do with it.  He is not a LIVERPOOL player.

Let's go through this again.  Slowly.  This fella's just scored at Anfield.  In front of the Kop.  On a Eoro night.  And has the fucking brass necked insolence to celebrate directly there.  Arms raised, legs spread and cock to the fore, inviting celebration and praise, and some stupid, deluded kunts think its fine to take a photo of that.  Against us for fuck's sake.  Jesus Christ I don't know what this support is coming to.

Back in the day if anyone had dared to do that they'd either be taken away by the men in white coats or torn to pieces.  And rightly so.  We SUPPORT Liverpool.  Not kunting Ronaldo.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.