Author Topic: Home atmosphere (Fortress Anfield?)  (Read 420550 times)

Offline Max999

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Home atmosphere (Fortress Anfield?)
« Reply #3920 on: October 23, 2014, 12:14:07 pm »
I'm well aware of the tradition of clapping certain keepers.  Are you sure you were not sitting next to Father Jack?   ;D  (Sorry.  Couldn't resist)  Nothing to do with clapping Ronaldo of the pitch.  He is what he is.  Its the ipod photo lovefest whan he shoved one in the Kop goal I think is outrageous.

That wasn't the Kop, he scored at the road end and ran to the centenary.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #3921 on: October 23, 2014, 12:27:20 pm »
That wasn't the Kop, he scored at the road end and ran to the centenary.

Yeah.  I've been told.  I should have paid more attention to the timing in the match day thread.  Made an arse of myself there.   :'(
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #3922 on: October 23, 2014, 12:43:55 pm »
Its easy to sit here and criticise match going fans, especially rich coming from someone like me, but even at other angles there was loads of people taking photo's of Ronaldo when he scored. Clapped him off also.

It was just a part of everything we did wrong yesterday. We were not nasty enough, were not cynical enough, too little aggression (Johnson having fun conversations with Ronaldo every corner), players swapping shirts at half time and people taking pictures of their players scoring against us. A collective failing.

Interesting you mention that. I turned to my mate and asked when did we become so fucking charitable? First that wanker then Kroos got a virtual standing ovation.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #3923 on: October 23, 2014, 12:45:33 pm »
Fucking embarrassing that bunch who stormed off their seats to take pictures of Ronaldo scoring agaisnt us, the biggest wtf moment in the game yesterday. Balotelli switching shirts doesnt bother me, as he must have known he is subbed off, but I can see why its bothering most of the people. He could have just waited until the dressing room and there would be no fuss about it.

Anyway expecting it to be quite awful against Hull sadly, with the amount of spares in the kop end already floating around.
How would he know he was going to be subbed?
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline Hyderabad Red

• Is back... and having an identity crisis.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3924 on: October 23, 2014, 12:51:00 pm »
Which part of the ground were you sitting in? Did you try getting any songs going  etc..?

I thought it was a good atmosphere last night up until they scored the 1st. It died a bit after that but got worse after the 2nd and 3rd.

That's to be expected though. The crowd tried to rally round the team in the 2nd half on occasions but it's hardly going to be rocking when you are 3-0 down at home to a team who look like they tear you apart on every attack.

The atmosphere at Anfield isn't what it was but someone in here was saying ultras would have kept singing. What 'ultras'? Ultras don't exist in the UK. You should be comparing what the atmosphere was like last night to what other english teams would have been like at 3-0 down at home. When you were sitting in the ground last night did you feel the crowd offer more or less support than Arsenal, City, United or Chelsea would have done in the same situation?

The atmosphere at Anfield for big games (see European games and last seasons run in) are up there with anything that any other club can serve up in England, and potentially even the majority of major European clubs. For lesser games maybe not but every team suffers from this -  it's a reflection on the modern football fan in the UK rather than the modern Liverpool fan.

I would have replied to that but you are sunk so deep in the delusional pit, its difficult for you to even read. Never mind mate. :)

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #3925 on: October 23, 2014, 01:04:30 pm »
How would he know he was going to be subbed?

probably not you are right, but sometimes players are told if its not working you are coming off on HT, but that was probably not the case last night with Balotelli.

Offline Mainstanderbutsitting

• Main Stander
« Reply #3926 on: October 23, 2014, 01:46:37 pm »
If you don't "get" the applause for the substitutions mate, then you don't get Liverpool.

The ability to be able to recognise a footballing talent used to be 'de rigueur' at Anfield.  ;)

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3927 on: October 23, 2014, 01:56:12 pm »
Feel like I spent half of the game in 206 shouting at other people on the kop to support the team and join in singing, bunch of shitbags, half of them leaving 10 minutes early.

Me an my mates tried to start a few songs off but most of them weren't arsed, rather stand there moaning for 90 minutes
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #3928 on: October 23, 2014, 01:58:01 pm »
I would have replied to that but you are sunk so deep in the delusional pit, its difficult for you to even read. Never mind mate. :)

Ha ha - seriously what are you on about?

Which parts of my post are delusional?

I'd honestly like to know because reading my post above it seems to make sense even if you don't agree with the opinion contained within it.

I'll re-phrase my original post slightly differently below:

You seemed to be extremely disappointed with the atmosphere last night. Assuming you were at the game, what did you do to try and improve the atmosphere?
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3929 on: October 23, 2014, 01:59:13 pm »
That picture has made me very angry. Everything that's wrong with modern football.

Lots of things wrong with modern football but just don't get the stick towards someone taking a picture of one of the best player ever. If Ipads had existed 20 years ago people would have had them at matches then & would have taken a picture of a great like Ronaldo.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3930 on: October 23, 2014, 02:04:13 pm »
If you don't "get" the applause for the substitutions mate, then you don't get Liverpool.

The ability to be able to recognise a footballing talent used to be 'de rigueur' at Anfield.  ;)

True. When someone puts in a performance, we recognise it. It was funny as when his name was called there was a chorus of boos and then it turned to applause- "we don't like you la, but we have to respect your talent"
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #3931 on: October 23, 2014, 02:11:08 pm »
Lots of things wrong with modern football but just don't get the stick towards someone taking a picture of one of the best player ever. If Ipads had existed 20 years ago people would have had them at matches then & would have taken a picture of a great like Ronaldo.

Yeah but when he is standing there all cocky in front of you having just scored against your team is not the time to take a pic of him IMO.
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Humperdinck

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3932 on: October 23, 2014, 02:12:37 pm »

It's a picture of him on some grass, theres plenty of em on google.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3933 on: October 23, 2014, 02:18:42 pm »
Oh and nice of the club to invite the editor of the s*n into the directors box last night
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #3934 on: October 23, 2014, 02:21:46 pm »
Not into applauding Ronaldo or anyone for that matter! He played for Man Utd, he hates us, he is horrible and we cheer him?

No one is doubting his excellent football skills, but applauding him? Nahhh not for me. Fuck respecting him, make his evening horrible, put him off do anything. I'm Liverpool before anything else, everyone else can go and fuck themselves.

I could begin to understand his he displayed a football masterclass and scored 10 goals, but he didn't did he? In fact he hardly set the game alight at all. 

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3935 on: October 23, 2014, 02:23:48 pm »
Not into applauding Ronaldo or anyone for that matter! He played for Man Utd, he hates us, he is horrible and we cheer him?

No one is doubting his excellent football skills, but applauding him? Nahhh not for me. Fuck respecting him, make his evening horrible, put him off do anything. I'm Liverpool before anything else, everyone else can go and fuck themselves.

I could begin to understand his he displayed a football masterclass and scored 10 goals, but he didn't did he? In fact he hardly set the game alight at all. 

I remember my first game at Anfield, QPR in 1995. Ray Wilkins, ex Manc, was clapped off the pitch by the Kop.

My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3936 on: October 23, 2014, 02:26:59 pm »
Yeah but when he is standing there all cocky in front of you having just scored against your team is not the time to take a pic of him IMO.

YES.  Entirely different to getting clapped off the pitch.  There IS a difference.   :butt

Oh and nice of the club to invite the editor of the s*n into the directors box last night

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?   :wanker :no

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #3937 on: October 23, 2014, 02:27:12 pm »
That is probably why we were so shite in the 90s as well. Far too much 'respect' being shown. Fuck them all.

Next we'll all be saying lets play the games in the rules and if we get beat then fair play to them. How did you feel when Carragher told Dudek to do everything in his power to put off AC Milan?

Liverpool first, if we are outclasses clap them off the pitch at the end of the match, not when there is still 20 odd minutes left and we can still get a result. We gave in, we submitted.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #3938 on: October 23, 2014, 02:27:31 pm »

Source/Citation?
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #3939 on: October 23, 2014, 02:28:47 pm »

Liverpool Boot Room™ ‏@lpoolbootroom  · 16m16 minutes ago 
Why is @DavidWooding of the Sun getting this for last night's game! @LFC need to sort their act out! #Shocking #JFT96

Have a look on this twitter page, pics of his passes and ticket on his instagram page..
@OTKFlags

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3940 on: October 23, 2014, 02:29:52 pm »
That is probably why we were so shite in the 90s as well. Far too much 'respect' being shown. Fuck them all.

Next we'll all be saying lets play the games in the rules and if we get beat then fair play to them. How did you feel when Carragher told Dudek to do everything in his power to put off AC Milan?

Liverpool first, if we are outclasses clap them off the pitch at the end of the match, not when there is still 20 odd minutes left and we can still get a result. We gave in, we submitted.
exactly.  Well said Gary

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #3941 on: October 23, 2014, 02:31:35 pm »
Is this genuine ?????
@OTKFlags

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #3942 on: October 23, 2014, 02:39:32 pm »
Sigh.

I think I'm gonna take a break from the football.

Stuff like that reminds me that the club is far, far away from the one I grew up supporting.

Oh and fuck mighty red too, the capitalist poultry swine.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #3943 on: October 23, 2014, 02:41:04 pm »
You're not there as part of an event. It's not a fucking gig and Katy Perry just started you favourite song. You're there to support the team and intimdate the fuck out of the opposition.
This. Spot on mate.

Fucking unbelievable last night. Wouldn't surprise me if some of them had Real Madrid as their 'second team'. Fucking knobs, I felt really gutted having seen that.

Offline nyctex

• God Bless America
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Close your eyes...and imagine it's Jason McAteer
« Reply #3944 on: October 23, 2014, 02:53:05 pm »
Liverpool Boot Room™ ‏@lpoolbootroom  · 16m16 minutes ago 
Why is @DavidWooding of the Sun getting this for last night's game! @LFC need to sort their act out! #Shocking #JFT96

Have a look on this twitter page, pics of his passes and ticket on his instagram page..
Is this genuine ?????

looks like he was the guest of Sony as a major sponsor of the Champions League.   If that's the case then there isn't much the club can do, unfortunately.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3945 on: October 23, 2014, 02:53:42 pm »
Ground was full of knobheads yesterday like it is every game. It's just a sad fact that some of our match going fans are knobheads. I got some right funny looks from the locals cos I turned up in a suit but I tell you now I made more noise than them. I hate the idea that it's not cool to sing the songs and get in early, it's pathetic.

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3946 on: October 23, 2014, 03:00:56 pm »

looks like he was the guest of Sony as a major sponsor of the Champions League.   If that's the case then there isn't much the club can do, unfortunately.

Not acceptable.  You just say No.  You do not allow this to happen.  Ever.  Unless of course you are spineless muppets.  We shall see.......

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #3947 on: October 23, 2014, 03:04:52 pm »
Sang when I could and for our 20 minutes of joy it was shaping up to be a good night. The speed at which they took the game beyond us completely defalted the atmosphere. There were a few waves of songs every now and then to try and lift the team but the players and fans alike were just jaded after it went to 3-0.

fuck off clapping their substitutions tho???? And the constant digs I kept hearing around me were not helping anyone, can understand frustration but no need for it imo. Majority weren't hostile enough towards Real, more in awe of them it seemed...
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline gerrard88

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #3948 on: October 23, 2014, 03:07:32 pm »
Ground was full of knobheads yesterday like it is every game. It's just a sad fact that some of our match going fans are knobheads. I got some right funny looks from the locals cos I turned up in a suit but I tell you now I made more noise than them. I hate the idea that it's not cool to sing the songs and get in early, it's pathetic.

was you in 306?
Allez Allez Allez

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3949 on: October 23, 2014, 03:10:09 pm »

They can - they can inform guests and sponsors that no-one from that rag, or any of the relevent authorities from that time, are welcome at Anfield.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline MerseyParadise

• Kopite
  • Wool son of Scotty road 'arl fella
« Reply #3950 on: October 23, 2014, 03:40:13 pm »
We have got a different crowd now. People who game the game to say they go the game, a grown man behind me told our right back to push out an play isco offside. It was a thrown in.  I just turned round and shook my head
Insert obscure quote here

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3951 on: October 23, 2014, 03:43:13 pm »
Loads of people arguing last night...

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3952 on: October 23, 2014, 03:53:00 pm »
They can - they can inform guests and sponsors that no-one from that rag, or any of the relevent authorities from that time, are welcome at Anfield.

Precisely.  We shall see.

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • Said It's High Green mate, Via Hillsborough please
« Reply #3953 on: October 23, 2014, 04:36:32 pm »

Might try sneaking in my dads binoculars and his baseball bat on Saturday and look out for anyone with an I Pad. Don't mind taking pictures on your phones, but you're there to get behind the reds, not update your Instagram page to show your 5ft from Ronaldo, ex Man Utd gloating at scoring against us.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MattyJohnson8

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3954 on: October 23, 2014, 04:59:31 pm »
Might try sneaking in my dads binoculars and his baseball bat on Saturday and look out for anyone with an I Pad. Don't mind taking pictures on your phones, but you're there to get behind the reds, not update your Instagram page to show your 5ft from Ronaldo, ex Man Utd gloating at scoring against us.

:) that's hilarious, can imagine the scenes now. You do know you can get Instagram on your phone though right?  :P
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3955 on: October 23, 2014, 05:02:23 pm »
Really?  Well fuck you fella.   :wanker :no

Bit harsh, especially as you edited out my valid reasoning for it. Looks like you can manipulate posts just as easily as the TV can manipulate atmosphere.

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3956 on: October 23, 2014, 05:17:23 pm »
Bit harsh, especially as you edited out my valid reasoning for it. Looks like you can manipulate posts just as easily as the TV can manipulate atmosphere.

Wha?  Well post it again then and we shall debate it.  I don't manipulate anything. 

Offline redmen9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3957 on: October 23, 2014, 05:34:20 pm »
He's Ronaldo ffs!!  I wouldn't clap the wanker if he'd just saved my dog from drowning and stuck £50 in my back pocket!

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #3958 on: October 23, 2014, 05:41:28 pm »
Loads of people arguing last night...

2 STH's in front of us in 305, utter fucking bellends. Scousers thinking they own the joint.

Another STH in the seat to our right was sound. Really knowledgeable, decent guy & sang his heart out.

Fella to the our left would not for the life of him stop slagging off the players. Another STH. Sang and sang when it was going well but as soon as the 2nd went in to the final whistle it was Rodgers this, Glen Johnson that, Balotelli this, Mignolet that.

Scouse lad directly behind did not stop singing throughout. He was off his rocker and was obviously pissed but even the 85th minute was like 'come on lads, look lively!'. Let himself down by slagging our fans off for applauding the RM players off. Its called respect mate. How can a Scouser not know this stuff??

Few to the far right of us a few rows back were practically coming to blows in the first half. Just horrible to hear and see.

We all go on about the OOT's and women with ipads but the whole thing is fucked.

I said this morning that I'm falling out of love with it. When I started going when my dad took me for the first time it felt like a family, I felt apart of something & I fell in love with the club and what it stood for. Now I just feel like a number, stood there,  surrounded by 45,000 other numbers.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 05:43:11 pm by Always_A_Red »
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline nfletcher23

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3959 on: October 23, 2014, 05:43:11 pm »
Too many people interested in showing the world of social media that they are at a Liverpool game rather than creating an atmosphere and enjoying it, how the fuck do people even get in the ground in an iPad, what goes through your head to think you're going to take one of those to a game, ridiculous, nothing we can do about it either, banning ipads would be a start but can only go so far, there was a couple in front of me yesterday who were taking selfies with the pitch in the background WHILE THE GAME WAS ON, just felt like RKO'ing them, ergh