Author Topic: Preview Swansea City v Liverpool - Sun 25th November 1.30pm  (Read 44626 times)

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Preview Swansea City v Liverpool - Sun 25th November 1.30pm
« Reply #200 on: November 25, 2012, 04:11:28 am »
Not weird at all.

"We'll get top 4, still X amount of games left"

"We'll get top 4, still Y amount of games left"

What are you on about? Is this meant to convince me somehow that the point you're making isn't completely bullshite? Has anyone even said that in this thread? Did anyone even say that last season?

If so, find me some posts. Because anyone can just make up a quote and put it in italics

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #201 on: November 25, 2012, 04:19:57 am »
What are you on about? Is this meant to convince me somehow that the point you're making isn't completely bullshite? Has anyone even said that in this thread? Did anyone even say that last season?

If so, find me some posts. Because anyone can just make up a quote and put it in italics

"When your argument hits a brick wall, ask questions, lots and lots of questions" - Huey Lewis.

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • My blog
« Reply #202 on: November 25, 2012, 04:21:28 am »
whoever wins tmrw is the better side, end of.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: November 25, 2012, 04:23:48 am »
Seems like the fairest way of deciding it.

Offline Uruguayan36

• Loose Wires mouthpiece
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: November 25, 2012, 04:25:39 am »
To be TOP 4...Liverpool HAVE to win this game...otherwise it will be bye bye. :'(

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #205 on: November 25, 2012, 04:27:49 am »

What constitutes being better? The first league meeting between the two this season?

If they beat us 6-0 tomorrow fair enough, I'll be the first to come here and post a long and depressing manifesto that Swansea have become better than us. But if some of you really think that Swansea are a better team than us, then you need to seriously evaluate your standing as a fan of this club.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: November 25, 2012, 04:29:27 am »
Have to win! A real opportunity to  close the gap on the leaders.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: November 25, 2012, 04:31:57 am »
Who said anything about miles better? Swansea fans think they have a better team than ours and right now, we have little defence than our inflated opinions on the potential of our squad.

Miles was probably bit too dramatic, but even on them being better than us, I don't agree. The only evidence is to support it is they are a point ahead of us, an insignificant amount for their fans to make claims like that.

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #208 on: November 25, 2012, 04:34:05 am »
What constitutes being better? The first league meeting between the two this season?

If they beat us 6-0 tomorrow fair enough, I'll be the first to come here and post a long and depressing manifesto that Swansea have become better than us. But if some of you really think that Swansea are a better team than us, then you need to seriously evaluate your standing as a fan of this club.
if swansea beat us tmrw fair and square then they have beaten us twice and have 4 more points. gotta give them credit where credit is due. In my opinion we're better and we'll beat them.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #209 on: November 25, 2012, 04:36:48 am »
if swansea beat us tmrw fair and square then they have beaten us twice and have 4 more points. gotta give them credit where credit is due. In my opinion we're better and we'll beat them.

Yeah, they beat our reserves in the CO Cup while playing their first eleven.

Sorry, a 1-0, 2-1, 2-0 or any of the like win today for Swansea will still not convince me that they are a better team than us, and that's it.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: November 25, 2012, 04:45:56 am »
Yeah, they beat our reserves in the CO Cup while playing their first eleven.
If it's not us playing our reserves, it's the officials, if it's not the officials, it's us only having one striker, if it's not us only having one striker, it's us missing Lucas, if we're not missing Lucas, it's over playing our youngsters, if we're not over playing our youngsters, we're still adapting to our new system, if we're not still adapting to our new system, we're only 12 games into the season, if we're not only 12 games into the season, there's still 26 games left, if there's not 26 games left, we'll find another excuse.

Offline MasterGlenJo

• Kemlynite
  • It's a conspiracy!
« Reply #211 on: November 25, 2012, 05:05:23 am »
If it's not us playing our reserves, it's the officials, if it's not the officials, it's us only having one striker, if it's not us only having one striker, it's us missing Lucas, if we're not missing Lucas, it's over playing our youngsters, if we're not over playing our youngsters, we're still adapting to our new system, if we're not still adapting to our new system, we're only 12 games into the season, if we're not only 12 games into the season, there's still 26 games left, if there's not 26 games left, we'll find another excuse.
Spot on
Andre Wisdom is boss

Offline MasterGlenJo

• Kemlynite
  • It's a conspiracy!
« Reply #212 on: November 25, 2012, 05:08:16 am »
To be TOP 4...Liverpool HAVE to win this game...otherwise it will be bye bye. :'(

It's already ''bye bye''. We need to start lowering our expectations, do we want Top 4? of course, but each season we are getting more and more disappointed, and more and more delusional
Andre Wisdom is boss

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #213 on: November 25, 2012, 05:24:38 am »

Hows about "we're a work in progress"?

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #214 on: November 25, 2012, 06:02:25 am »

Whilst I do agree somewhat, how much of that isn't true though?

Haven't the officials taken some points off us this season, such as Man Utd at home and Everton away? Aren't we really playing with one fit striker, and are only an injury or a suspension from having no senior strikers available at all? Hasn't Lucas been a really big loss for us? Hasn't Rodgers been here only a couple of months? Aren't we really only 12 games into the season, are almost in December and are still in it for 4th?

I do agree that we have to get on with it and stop making excuses every time we don't get a result. However, most of what you listed is very true and as much as I'd like to not bring it up as an excuse after a bad result, you can't deny that all of those things combined have significantly hampered us over the last couple of months.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: November 25, 2012, 06:25:25 am »
Whilst I do agree somewhat, how much of that isn't true though?

Haven't the officials taken some points off us this season, such as Man Utd at home and Everton away? Aren't we really playing with one fit striker, and are only an injury or a suspension from having no senior strikers available at all? Hasn't Lucas been a really big loss for us? Hasn't Rodgers been here only a couple of months? Aren't we really only 12 games into the season, are almost in December and are still in it for 4th?

I do agree that we have to get on with it and stop making excuses every time we don't get a result. However, most of what you listed is very true and as much as I'd like to not bring it up as an excuse after a bad result, you can't deny that all of those things combined have significantly hampered us over the last couple of months.

We're not the only team on the planet with problems, we're not the only team on the planet with a new manager, we're not the only team on the planet missing a key player, we're not the only team on the planet wishing for stronger depth in the squad, we're not the only team on the planet feeling aggrieved with some of the officiating. I'll tell you one thing though, there's a lot of clubs that wouldn't mind having Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Sahin, Gerrard, Allen, Suarez and Sterling, lining out for them next weekend.

We need to quit the self pity, and stop looking at the negatives, and start looking at the positives. There's been too much "Small squad", "we need this player", "we need that player"

We need to make best use of what we have, we're not doing that.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: November 25, 2012, 06:29:00 am »
Rodgers is building a team, and he doesn't care about this little tournament and that little tournament, but he has to start getting some wins.

If Swansea outplay Liverpool again, it will make it x10 harder for Rodgers. To keep faith alive, there needs to be some improvement, some positive change. Also, if you want to bring in good players, you have to be closer to a CL spot.

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #217 on: November 25, 2012, 06:36:40 am »
We're not the only team on the planet with problems, we're not the only team on the planet with a new manager, we're not the only team on the planet missing a key player, we're not the only team on the planet wishing for stronger depth in the squad, we're not the only team on the planet feeling aggrieved with some of the officiating. I'll tell you one thing though, there's a lot of clubs that wouldn't mind having Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Sahin, Gerrard, Allen, Suarez and Sterling, lining out for them next weekend.

We need to quit the self pity, and stop looking at the negatives, and start looking at the positives. There's been too much "Small squad", "we need this player", "we need that player"

We need to make best use of what we have, we're not doing that.

It really depends how you look at it, and what your expectations are.

Perhaps some of those said players are not as good as we might think they are, or are just not up to their usual standards of previous seasons. Yes, we aren't the only team on the planet with problems but ignoring all that and saying that we're not making the best of what we've got is a bit unfair for Rodgers imo.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: November 25, 2012, 06:49:28 am »
It really depends how you look at it, and what your expectations are.

Perhaps some of those said players are not as good as we might think they are, or are just not up to their usual standards of previous seasons. Yes, we aren't the only team on the planet with problems but ignoring all that and saying that we're not making the best of what we've got is a bit unfair for Rodgers imo.
Don't think it's unfair on Rodgers, he himself would have been expecting more.

We've seen they are good players, even this season, but as a team it isn't working. There's something amiss somewhere.

Offline Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: November 25, 2012, 06:52:44 am »
Don't think it's unfair on Rodgers, he himself would have been expecting more.

We've seen they are good players, even this season, but as a team it isn't working. There's something amiss somewhere.

We've lost as many games as the team at the top of the league. We have drawn too many as we are light on attacking options. It's not rocket science. I think we've done well so far and if we win today it will be a great result that will push us above Arsenal and close to the top four.

Cheer up!

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
  • Once a Red Always a Red WE BLEED RED!!
« Reply #220 on: November 25, 2012, 07:05:15 am »
Does anybody know how long Suarez has to hold out before his 4 yellow cards get wiped out? Is it sooner than end of season?
We all bleed RED!!

Offline soberphobia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: November 25, 2012, 07:05:42 am »
I am really thinking it is a bit of a litmus test. So many games early City United etc where we deserved more than we got. Lately Everton/Chelsea we have broken even or perhaps in the Chelsea game got a bit better than we deserved on the balance of play.

We are seven or so unbeaten but going away and winning a game would be a line in the sand.
24 hours in a day 24 cans in a carton coincidence?

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: November 25, 2012, 07:07:06 am »
We've lost as many games as the team at the top of the league. We have drawn too many as we are light on attacking options. It's not rocket science. I think we've done well so far and if we win today it will be a great result that will push us above Arsenal and close to the top four.

Cheer up!

Relatively speaking, our light attack, is better than our defence.

Now, the argument that'll be put forward will probably be something about no defensive midfielder, so if that is the case, and our midfielders aren't contributing to our light attack, and they aren't contributing in defence, what are they doing?

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: November 25, 2012, 07:10:16 am »
The closer we get to the game, the more confident I am about a victory.

I'm thinking 2-0.

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #224 on: November 25, 2012, 07:13:29 am »
Is it a crime to be optimistic now? Seems like it sometimes.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #225 on: November 25, 2012, 07:19:44 am »

Now, the argument that'll be put forward will probably be something about no defensive midfielder, so if that is the case, and our midfielders aren't contributing to our light attack, and they aren't contributing in defence, what are they doing?

With this, and your comment about hiding behind excuses (in particular the 'small squad'),I believe you are talking far too muxh sense.

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: November 25, 2012, 07:22:37 am »
This place is getting nauseating. I know it's hard, but everyone needs to drop the illusions and comparisons to where we were 3 years ago. Yes, I know it is tough because it was so recent, but times change. Everyone knows the club has had major problems and made major mistakes. But that doesn't mean there aren't good people trying to fix them now.

An no, nothing is amiss. We are a team in transition, plain and simple. We are a work in progress. We have new management, a new playing style and a coach who hasn't really had the opportunity to mold the team into the shape he wants. Thankfully we were already blessed with a number of technical players, but its clear the squad probably won't be fully completed until next summer or beyond.

More importantly, these pre match threads are getting more embarrassing every week. We are going to be crushed in Russia, we are going to get crushed by Chelsea, we aren't going to beat Wigan. Blah blah blah. No one is against constructive criticism and analysis, but these threads and many others devolve into straight moaning sessions. If you don't have something constructive to say, don't say it at all.

I'm always happy when I come into this forum and see there are those who understand the big picture and are fighting the good fight. Then I see those who clearly have too much time on their hands and are like a three year old randomly mashing keys on the keyboard. Only the other three years olds understand and agree with it. To everyone one else, its only comes out as dross.

And yes, I know we lost to Swansea in the League Cup. But we had one regular starter in the starting lineup. 1. 

It will be a tough, but if you don't think today will be a different game, you are only underestimating the team you support. (Or to some others, pretending you support)

Offline Mykez

• Main Stander
« Reply #227 on: November 25, 2012, 07:26:07 am »
And yes, I know we lost to Swansea in the League Cup. But we had one regular starter in the starting lineup. 1. 

It will be a tough, but if you don't think today will be a different game, you are only underestimating the team you support. (Or to some others, pretending you support)

Fantastic post mate.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: November 25, 2012, 07:31:42 am »

We seem to have the wrong type of midfielders all the time, people say there not here to protect the defence apparently and next minute it's not their job to get forward and contribute. Baffling. Too many poncey names for midfield types nowadays, seems like an excuse all the time. You didn't hear of 23 types of midfielder 20 years ago.

Anyway, I just hope we start doing the talking on the pitch.

Offline And CouldHe Play!

• but not And Could He Play, different bloke entirely.
  • Kopite
  • Shakedown, 1979
« Reply #229 on: November 25, 2012, 07:32:35 am »
1-1 drab affair. Both games last year would have finished 0-0 besides a late Danny Graham goal
Fuck it, I'm taking me dog for a walk. The pair of us are completely bollocksed and take turns a piece dragging one another along. We look a bit like one of Roy's midfield pairings, but with a wee bit more guile and panache. Well, on the dog's side, anyway

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: November 25, 2012, 07:40:38 am »
We seem to have the wrong type of midfielders all the time, people say there not here to protect the defence apparently and next minute it's not their job to get forward and contribute. Baffling. Too many poncey names for midfield types nowadays, seems like an excuse all the time. You didn't hear of 23 types of midfielder 20 years ago.

Anyway, I just hope we start doing the talking on the pitch.
To be fair, you didnt hear of many things 20 years ago that you hear of now. Same will be said 20 years from today. The game has changed and players have been given smaller roles because squads are bigger/deeper than they used to be.

I think its been over a year since we beat a team away from home, who have been ahead of us in the table. Today would be a nice day to end that run...and also the run of nearly a year where w ehavent won back to back league games.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 07:42:24 am by b_joseph »

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #231 on: November 25, 2012, 07:45:20 am »
If we mark their danger men well, we should be OK. A lot of their play goes through De Guzman, Britton and Michu so if play those 3 well I think we might win, but it's a big if. I'd like to see Henderson paired with Allen again like they were against Wigan. I think those 2 will deny Britton the space to run the game.

We'll probably have to rely on Suarez to nick it again. The key is the first goal.

Rodgers will probably be furious after the last 10 minutes against Young Boys, so I think we'll keep it tight.

I wouldn't be too unhappy with a draw because it will be a very difficult game as they'll be really up for it. Saying that, if we put our chances away I think we can win it as well.
YWNA

Offline CognacBut

• BrandyAss
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: November 25, 2012, 08:01:46 am »
Got good vibes about this one, funnily enough I reckon there is a fair bit of pressure on the Swansea players for this. They've had the better of us in the last 3 meetings, will have the crowd desperate to get the points against Rodgers and know that we can leap frog them in the table.

We just need to do what we always try to do, get it to Suarez.  ;D

As ever we will be relying on Luis and Sterling to make something happen.

The midfield worries me of course, especially after watching Young Boys marauding right through us at times on Thursday night, different personal will be on show granted. I hope Allen manages to have a decent game, he could do with a bit of a confidence boost after recent tired performances, will also shut up a few of the Swans fans that seem to have decided he is a pedestrian since he moved on. Funny that. Heres hoping Henderson gets a start alongside him.

I'm going 1-2, both ours from Suarez, the second one after he takes it round Ashley 'me book write, your book buy ' Williams leaving him on his arse desperately trying to pull him down.

Very interested to see the reception Rodgers gets as well as Joey.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: November 25, 2012, 08:09:37 am »
Got good vibes about this one, funnily enough I reckon there is a fair bit of pressure on the Swansea players for this.

Been thinking this meself, lot of people expecting us to struggle and what with our recent results against them being poor and with Swansea on the rise. Think it could be a blessing in disguise taking some pressure off.

Offline CognacBut

• BrandyAss
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: November 25, 2012, 08:48:31 am »
Been thinking this meself, lot of people expecting us to struggle and what with our recent results against them being poor and with Swansea on the rise. Think it could be a blessing in disguise taking some pressure off.

Was similar going into the derby, had similar vibes as well, only difference being if we go 2 up here I would like to think we will manage to keep our heads and hold on.

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #235 on: November 25, 2012, 08:54:38 am »
1-1 drab affair. Both games last year would have finished 0-0 besides a late Danny Graham goal
or Andy Carroll scoring from 5 yards instead of hitting the bar.

Got a feeling we'll score 3 today,not sure how many Swansea will score though

Offline TXRed

• Anny Roader
  • Just a Bible-thumpin' Liverpool-lovin' Yank
« Reply #236 on: November 25, 2012, 08:57:46 am »
This place is getting nauseating. I know it's hard, but everyone needs to drop the illusions and comparisons to where we were 3 years ago. Yes, I know it is tough because it was so recent, but times change. Everyone knows the club has had major problems and made major mistakes. But that doesn't mean there aren't good people trying to fix them now.

An no, nothing is amiss. We are a team in transition, plain and simple. We are a work in progress. We have new management, a new playing style and a coach who hasn't really had the opportunity to mold the team into the shape he wants. Thankfully we were already blessed with a number of technical players, but its clear the squad probably won't be fully completed until next summer or beyond.

More importantly, these pre match threads are getting more embarrassing every week. We are going to be crushed in Russia, we are going to get crushed by Chelsea, we aren't going to beat Wigan. Blah blah blah. No one is against constructive criticism and analysis, but these threads and many others devolve into straight moaning sessions. If you don't have something constructive to say, don't say it at all.

I'm always happy when I come into this forum and see there are those who understand the big picture and are fighting the good fight. Then I see those who clearly have too much time on their hands and are like a three year old randomly mashing keys on the keyboard. Only the other three years olds understand and agree with it. To everyone one else, its only comes out as dross.

Very well said, completely agree!

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: November 25, 2012, 09:19:26 am »
Got to agree with that completely. That really summarizes the majority here + post-match analysis. Excuses all time.

Offline And CouldHe Play!

• but not And Could He Play, different bloke entirely.
  • Kopite
  • Shakedown, 1979
« Reply #238 on: November 25, 2012, 09:28:24 am »
or Andy Carroll scoring from 5 yards instead of hitting the bar.

Got a feeling we'll score 3 today,not sure how many Swansea will score though
That was a shocker that one wasn't it. Great cross from Downing and all
Fuck it, I'm taking me dog for a walk. The pair of us are completely bollocksed and take turns a piece dragging one another along. We look a bit like one of Roy's midfield pairings, but with a wee bit more guile and panache. Well, on the dog's side, anyway

Offline Kingstopic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: November 25, 2012, 09:33:11 am »
suarez to continue on beast mode, cant see swansea being able to contain him at all......3 1 liverpool