Author Topic: Preview Swansea City v Liverpool - Sun 25th November 1.30pm  (Read 44628 times)

Offline TheVeg

• he might
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Preview Swansea City v Liverpool - Sun 25th November 1.30pm
« Reply #160 on: November 25, 2012, 01:11:51 am »
Some people seem to be underestimating Swansea here, very very good team and play exceptionally well under Laudrup. I'd hope we set up a counter attacking 3-5-2/5-3-2 as we did against Chelsea, as Swanseas front 3 with Michu behind will be a tough one to contain.

Hopefully Shelvey gets some time on the pitch and hopefully we win! although i am predicting a 1-1 draw

I'd go for

Reina
Wisdom Agger Skrtel
Johnson Allen Sahin Enrique
Gerrard
Suarez Sterling

would expect a team like this myself. not been this optimistic about a game since 1st game of the season against west brom, think we could win it 2-0 and dominate the game. having said that, i'm now thinking that dagger's going to get sent off and we're going to give away 2 pens.

anyways... think suarez and sterling's pace will cause havoc in the swansea defense. they seem decent against the bigger more physical strikers but aren't too confident tackling on the deck. would love to see a 2 on 2 with suarez + sterling against williams and flores

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #161 on: November 25, 2012, 01:16:11 am »
Probably going to be a nothing game this with a dodgy 1-0 win to someone.

That someone will be Swansea you'd think. We're all over the shop. If Gerrard plays in the midfield then you already know we're going to have absolutely no shape. And he is going to start. So Swansea - a well organised controlling team against a team with zero shape?

Um. I wonder who would win that encounter? Sad thing is it's just basic stuff. Keep the ball. Keep your shape. Play to your strengths and gameplan and control the game. Easy shite.

I'm just hoping that Gerrards' relentless lack of position, contol, tracking back and giving the ball away can be countered by the other side of his game and he'll bang in a 45 yard screamer to fucking shut me up.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: November 25, 2012, 01:27:39 am »
Difficult match. Swannies have only lost once at home this season. Just recently they drew with Chelsea. Would be glad if we won by 1-0.

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: November 25, 2012, 01:33:03 am »

That someone will be Swansea you'd think. We're all over the shop. If Gerrard plays in the midfield then you already know we're going to have absolutely no shape. And he is going to start. So Swansea - a well organised controlling team against a team with zero shape?

Um. I wonder who would win that encounter? Sad thing is it's just basic stuff. Keep the ball. Keep your shape. Play to your strengths and gameplan and control the game. Easy shite.

I'm just hoping that Gerrards' relentless lack of position, contol, tracking back and giving the ball away can be countered by the other side of his game and he'll bang in a 45 yard screamer to fucking shut me up.
Yeah he's really the reason we haven't been beaten in 7-8 games now isn't he.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: November 25, 2012, 01:34:50 am »

Do teams who are 'all over the shop' usually go 7 league games unbeaten?
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #165 on: November 25, 2012, 01:35:21 am »
Yeah he's really the reason we haven't been beaten in 7-8 games now isn't he.
That's a lovely statistic, but we're still 12th in the league, out of the Carling Cup, and making a balls of Europe.

Offline Nin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: November 25, 2012, 01:40:49 am »
That's a lovely statistic, but we're still 12th in the league, out of the Carling Cup, and making a balls of Europe.

Win tomorrow and we're only 2 points behind Arsenal. And hardly making a "balls" of Europe when we can still qualify.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #167 on: November 25, 2012, 01:41:08 am »

Chill out and enjoy the season.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #168 on: November 25, 2012, 01:45:10 am »
This fixture is Swansea's new cup final. This is the one their fans want to win more than any other right now. They genuinely think they're better than us.

If you'd been in a coma for three years and woke up and heard that sentence you'd wonder what the fuck was going on
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: November 25, 2012, 01:51:18 am »
Win tomorrow and we're only 2 points behind Arsenal. And hardly making a "balls" of Europe when we can still qualify.
Let's win so.

Leading twice, in a game to qualify us, at home, on a European night, against also rans from the Swiss Super League, and not winning, is making a balls of things.

Offline Mens rea

• Honi soit qui mal y pense
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #170 on: November 25, 2012, 01:52:58 am »
Noone saying we've got the edge here since BR knows Swansea inside out?

Oh yeah, that's right, they already embarrassed us at Anfield.  Shit, that's frightening when you think about it like that!!

I really feel this is an important match for us.  The ship has been steadied somewhat, a bit of PL form has finally resulted, but we need a win really bad.  Too many draws.  A draw wouldn't be the worst result in the world until you consider how W to D ratio already (brutal). 

A win is so important to get our season going.  A bit shit that i'm saying that at the end of November but it is what it is.  Hope im not saying it in December.....

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #171 on: November 25, 2012, 02:03:06 am »
Chill out and enjoy the season.

:D

I'm enjoying lots of it. Usually in the pub before the game and the pub after the game :)

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #172 on: November 25, 2012, 02:05:47 am »
Let's win so.

Leading twice, in a game to qualify us, at home, on a European night, against also rans from the Swiss Super League, and not winning, is making a balls of things.

They weren't also rans though were they, they're a good team. And its not like we had all the big guns out

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: November 25, 2012, 02:06:46 am »
Noone saying we've got the edge here since BR knows Swansea inside out?

That works both ways.

Swansea players know BR's style inside out.
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: November 25, 2012, 02:12:32 am »
They weren't also rans though were they, they're a good team. And its not like we had all the big guns out

We had enough guns out there to put them away, with a bullet or two, to spare.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #175 on: November 25, 2012, 02:32:54 am »
We had enough guns out there to put them away, with a bullet or two, to spare.

Did you watch the match? Better finishing they could have had a hatful

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #176 on: November 25, 2012, 02:33:18 am »
Not feeling too confident about this. I think Swansea will edge it.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #177 on: November 25, 2012, 02:37:01 am »

It's become a cliché to say those things about Gerrard. 2 ou 3 games aside, he's been adapting really well to the system, while playing out of position and in a midfield that, by no fault of his own, is a complete mess, which is often proved when he's not playing and the mess lingers on
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: November 25, 2012, 02:38:39 am »

Can't imagine too many in the Swiss Super League, looking at playing Young Boys, as a daunting task.

Maybe they're just a European monster, that unleashes itself in the Europa League.

Anyway, however we dress it up, a draw against them at Anfield is a desperate result.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: November 25, 2012, 02:40:47 am »
Andy you have become a right moany twat lately, chill out will ya

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: November 25, 2012, 02:46:08 am »

Errr, so could we. More than them.

Offline Zelnaga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: November 25, 2012, 02:48:31 am »
When was the last time we had back to back wins in the league? Heres hoping wed get a win off Swansea. Drawing isnt going to help us much in the race, with Arsenal, Spurs and Everton dropping points.

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: November 25, 2012, 02:51:17 am »
Not sure how they'll play this being that they're at home. They're incredibly dangerous on the break, and we like to play high up, leaving us susceptible. We badly need to convert our pressure into goals early on for this one. Can't see us keeping a clean sheet.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #183 on: November 25, 2012, 02:58:17 am »
Come on guys lets win the game, yeah go reds!

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: November 25, 2012, 03:10:06 am »
So that's all Gerrard's fault, as Andy was implying?

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: November 25, 2012, 03:11:45 am »
So that's all Gerrard's fault, as Andy was implying?
No, but throwing around such a statistic, isn't much of a defence.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: November 25, 2012, 03:15:16 am »
This fixture is Swansea's new cup final. This is the one their fans want to win more than any other right now. They genuinely think they're better than us.
Both the league table and respective performances overall actually give that idea a great deal of credence.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
Preview Swansea City v Liverpool - Sun 25th November 1.30pm
« Reply #187 on: November 25, 2012, 03:18:23 am »
Both the league table and respective performances overall actually give that idea a great deal of credence.

Fucking behave, mate.

Offline MasterGlenJo

• Kemlynite
  • It's a conspiracy!
« Reply #188 on: November 25, 2012, 03:20:01 am »
Fucking behave, mate.

Behave? we aren't as good as we once was even in 2009, not even close. Once our fans stop living in denial, the better this place will be
Andre Wisdom is boss

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: November 25, 2012, 03:20:35 am »
Fucking behave, mate.

Why? It's true.

It shouldn't be the case, but at the moment, it is.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #190 on: November 25, 2012, 03:28:43 am »

Fuck that though. We've beaten teams better than us before. I'd rather be positive before the game.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #191 on: November 25, 2012, 03:39:59 am »
We need to win this. That '7 game unbeaten' statistic means shit if we're drawing all our matches.

I'm excited about our back four. It'll most likely be Johnson, Skrtel, Agger and Enrique which is supposed to be our best back four, isn't it? Have we played them all in a back four at the same time this season?

I just hope Suarez takes Ashley Williams to the cleaners. Fuck it, I'm starting to hate Swansea City more and more by the day, whereas a year ago I didn't even acknowledge their existence.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: November 25, 2012, 03:53:41 am »
Why? It's true.

It shouldn't be the case, but at the moment, it is.

Yeah ok, 1 point above us, but Swansea are miles better than us.  ::)

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: November 25, 2012, 03:54:27 am »
The reality is we're 12 games into a 38 game season

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: November 25, 2012, 03:56:03 am »
Who says they are miles better?

The reality is we're 12 games into a 38 game season
Had enough of this bollocks last season.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: November 25, 2012, 03:56:45 am »
Had enough of this bollocks last season.

That's a bit of a weird comment considering we were well in touch of the top 4 in January. We fell off drastically towards the nether end of the season, after a defeat by Arsenal IIRC

I'm sick of all this negative, reactionary bollocks because of a tough start in a 38 game season. One in which we'd be 2 points behind Everton had we not been robbed. One in which an individual mistake threw a win away against the champions. Half the bellends were probably going on about how we should be copying Newcastle in the summer because they're such a good side. Guess where they are now? Below us.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 04:09:14 am by Bakez0151 »

Offline EFoley1991

• Kopite
« Reply #196 on: November 25, 2012, 03:57:04 am »
Swansea are better than liverpool ?

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #197 on: November 25, 2012, 04:00:22 am »
By that logic, West Brom are better than Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton, Newcastle. Not to mention us.

Offline Cybertom

• Legacy Fan
  • Rodgers will lead us back to glory.
« Reply #198 on: November 25, 2012, 04:01:28 am »

Who said anything about miles better? Swansea fans think they have a better team than ours and right now, we have little defence than our inflated opinions on the potential of our squad.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: November 25, 2012, 04:04:37 am »
That's a bit of a weird comment considering we were well in touch of the top 4 in January. We fell off drastically towards the nether end of the season, after a defeat by Arsenal IIRC
Not weird at all.

"We'll get top 4, still X amount of games left"

"We'll get top 4, still Y amount of games left"