Author Topic: Preview: Chelsea v Liverpool - Sunday 11th November 16:00  (Read 81608 times)

Offline gazza1976

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
Re: Preview: Chelsea v Liverpool - Sunday 11th November 16:00
« Reply #200 on: November 9, 2012, 08:58:18 pm »
lets just kick some cockney ass
JFT96 Y.N.W.A

Offline Thog

• Seeking oral advice. Hibernates outside of the transfer windows.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: November 9, 2012, 09:07:40 pm »
I sincerely hope Reina is back for this. I don't rate Jones very highly at all.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #202 on: November 9, 2012, 09:20:49 pm »
I sincerely hope Reina is back for this. I don't rate Jones very highly at all.

I hope he is back too, but think you are being hard on Jones. I am not his biggest fan but he has surprised me recently, made some good saves, come for crosses, ok he made it easy the other day coming off his line but I think he has done well.

Reina can improve the build up through his the distribution from the back, lets hope he has got all of those dodgy short passes out of his system.

Offline Paulinjo

• Shoulda gone to Specsavers
  • Main Stander
« Reply #203 on: November 9, 2012, 09:22:11 pm »
My guess we are gonna miss Lucas in this game big time! Not expecting a win.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #204 on: November 9, 2012, 10:15:17 pm »
Let's twat these! 
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #205 on: November 9, 2012, 10:26:22 pm »
November 11 is my anniversary and I'll be watching the game with the missus. I want a present, Brendan! Three points will do.  ;)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #206 on: November 9, 2012, 10:29:23 pm »

2 -2

Suarez brace, Hazard and Mata for them.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #207 on: November 9, 2012, 10:43:39 pm »
That was a wonderful read, Le Jake. Many thanks.

I'm not as negative about this as some are based on the few first of pages. Torres we can deal with more than comfortably, but it's Mata, Oscar and Hazard that really worry me. If they were to score, you imagine those three would be right in the thick of it as they have been for most of the season.

Having said that, I think we have a team that is good enough to go and get something from this match. They should be well rested, so that can't be used as an excuse. If Brendan gets his tactics right like Kenny did in the corresponding fixture last season, I believe we can come away with at least a draw.

However, lose this and serious questions have to be asked I think, and not least of Rodgers' management. I'm just not buying some of the excuses that have been thrown out time and time again every time we fail to impress.

Offline stardorman

• Very gullible, please avoid showing him photoshops
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • working in a coal mine, going down, down, down..
« Reply #208 on: November 9, 2012, 10:48:36 pm »
Really lookin forward to this.. if the backline is correct and we have Johnson
back at RB, then happy days. Would love a sneaky 1nil Suarez

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #209 on: November 9, 2012, 10:53:50 pm »
My big worry about this game is that we seem (to my eyes) to be most vulnerable just where they are strongest.

I wrote about zone 14 http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=287630 when discussing our attacking patterns of play.  However, Chelsea have three players who are excellent at expoiting the space beyween midfield and defence in Mata Hazard and Oscar.  On top of this, they have a player in Torres who can thrive on space in behind, which we tend to offer in abundance.

This season, our defending at transition (when we lose the ball) has been exposed a fair few times.  We can't afford to let our midfield get taken out of the game by one pass, particularly if one of those three are the recipients of the ball.  If they get many opportunities to run at our defence, with the threat of Torres in behind, it could be a long 90 minutes.

Offline us_col

• Anny Roader
« Reply #210 on: November 9, 2012, 11:27:32 pm »
Here's to Agger putting his elbow in Torres' face again!

Offline JLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: November 9, 2012, 11:54:05 pm »
Here's to Agger putting his elbow in Torres' face again!

Still feel incredibly pissed off about Torres leaving. Anyway it's about us not him. Hope the rest for all our key players pays dividends on Sunday and we've got more than enough quality in the team to get all three points. If the lads play to there potential and we are clinical then don't see why we cannot win this?

Suarez as been on fire all season s far...Lets twat these plastic twats!

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: November 9, 2012, 11:54:46 pm »
hope terry comes back so we can have more of this!

http://t.co/FjR8njJN

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #213 on: November 10, 2012, 12:11:11 am »
If Rodgers starts with the same team that he started against Everton and Newcastle, we'll lose no doubt.

He fixed his mistakes in the second half of both games, so hopefully he'll have learned something, like starting with the right team in the first place. I fully expect Gerrard to play deep again, with Sahin in front of him. Positions in which both players are wasted. Shelvey will come on for Sahin if that is the case. Hopefully Johnson will be back for Wisdom because the lad is starting to have a bit of a shocker after starting so well. I'd also prefer Assaidi to come on instead of Downing at some point.

I really, really hope he doesn't start with the team that has had two utterly dreadful first halves in our last two Premier League games.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: November 10, 2012, 12:32:32 am »
I fully expect Gerrard to play deep again, with Sahin in front of him. Positions in which both players are wasted.

Do you honestly want Sahin tracking Hazard, Mata and Oscar? He moves like a tractor. Really is terrible at getting back. I'd much rather Gerrard there myself. Look at his performance last season where he was man marking Silva. He's top notch in the big games.

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #215 on: November 10, 2012, 12:47:52 am »
Do you honestly want Sahin tracking Hazard, Mata and Oscar? He moves like a tractor. Really is terrible at getting back. I'd much rather Gerrard there myself. Look at his performance last season where he was man marking Silva. He's top notch in the big games.

In that case, wouldn't you have Shelvey in for Sahin straight from the beginning?

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: November 10, 2012, 12:49:24 am »
In that case, wouldn't you have Shelvey in for Sahin straight from the beginning?

He's just as bad, except he's also a danger of getting sent off. Wish we had Lucas fit, would make things a lot more simple.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #217 on: November 10, 2012, 12:52:05 am »
I would love it. Love it if we twatted these.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #218 on: November 10, 2012, 12:53:49 am »
My big worry about this game is that we seem (to my eyes) to be most vulnerable just where they are strongest.

I wrote about zone 14 http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=287630 when discussing our attacking patterns of play.  However, Chelsea have three players who are excellent at expoiting the space beyween midfield and defence in Mata Hazard and Oscar.  On top of this, they have a player in Torres who can thrive on space in behind, which we tend to offer in abundance.

This season, our defending at transition (when we lose the ball) has been exposed a fair few times.  We can't afford to let our midfield get taken out of the game by one pass, particularly if one of those three are the recipients of the ball.  If they get many opportunities to run at our defence, with the threat of Torres in behind, it could be a long 90 minutes.

Good points. As you can see below, the general formation that Chelsea has been using, according to their average positions, is quite narrow in the front, with width coming from the fullbacks. The lack of attacking width, though, is offset by the fact that they are dominant in Zone 14, from a numerical perspective. They are looking to aggressively push forward, play the ball in this area of the field, and release Torres. The second danger, though, is that Moses is very good at breaking beyond the line from this zone too, so they are not only good at using Zone 14 to pass through and from, but they are also capable of damaging runs from Zone 14 into the box. For me, this is why it would be advisable to play a back 3, because the zones are going to be flooded with players, and if we play the high line/split centrebacks, any pace in between them will cause major problems. The wingbacks won't have much to worry about in terms of being double-teamed, so it would basically come down to who can possess better in the midfield three. Mikel does a good anchoring job in front of the back four, but Oscar and Ramires are the dangers, and if we don't get to grips with them, and if we aren't getting any joy up front in terms of shots, it would be a very tricky game to get out of.

Better looking than Samie.

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #219 on: November 10, 2012, 12:58:53 am »
He's just as bad, except he's also a danger of getting sent off. Wish we had Lucas fit, would make things a lot more simple.

Just because he's been sent off against the Mancs (which was contentious at best) doesn't mean he's prone to be sent off every match.

To me, he just has more influence in games than Sahin has thus far and warrants a starting place more so than him. Going back to your original point, I'd feel much more comfortable with Shelvey tracking Hazard, Mata, and Oscar than Sahin doing it. Which would mean a more advanced Gerrard.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: November 10, 2012, 01:02:52 am »
Good points. As you can see below, the general formation that Chelsea has been using, according to their average positions, is quite narrow in the front, with width coming from the fullbacks. The lack of attacking width, though, is offset by the fact that they are dominant in Zone 14, from a numerical perspective. They are looking to aggressively push forward, play the ball in this area of the field, and release Torres. The second danger, though, is that Moses is very good at breaking beyond the line from this zone too, so they are not only good at using Zone 14 to pass through and from, but they are also capable of damaging runs from Zone 14 into the box. For me, this is why it would be advisable to play a back 3, because the zones are going to be flooded with players, and if we play the high line/split centrebacks, any pace in between them will cause major problems. The wingbacks won't have much to worry about in terms of being double-teamed, so it would basically come down to who can possess better in the midfield three. Mikel does a good anchoring job in front of the back four, but Oscar and Ramires are the dangers, and if we don't get to grips with them, and if we aren't getting any joy up front in terms of shots, it would be a very tricky game to get out of.

Agree with the rest of it, but from what I've seen, Mikel does a poor job of protecting his own "zone 14". He's often caught on the wrong side of players in that area and he's not very aware of what's around him. I think we have to look to take advantage of this with Suarez dropping in there and (hopefully although I don't expect it) Gerrard pushing on.

I'll be surprised if it's not a high scoring game as I'm not sure either defence will get a great deal of protection.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: November 10, 2012, 01:06:28 am »
Just because he's been sent off against the Mancs (which was contentious at best) doesn't mean he's prone to be sent off every match.

To me, he just has more influence in games than Sahin has thus far and warrants a starting place more so than him. Going back to your original point, I'd feel much more comfortable with Shelvey tracking Hazard, Mata, and Oscar than Sahin doing it. Which would mean a more advanced Gerrard.

Look at the Chelsea game at the end of last season, he should have been sent off in that as well. He has an issue with his tackling which I don't think anyone can deny. So for that reason I wouldn't trust him in a big game.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #222 on: November 10, 2012, 01:08:53 am »

Wait, what? Shelvey warrants a start against Chelsea, having played the entire match vs Anzhi AND having been terrible in the second half, over Sahin?

And you're saying you prefer Shelvey tracking Hazard, Mata and Oscar than Sahin?

We must exist in two different realities, mate!
Ludi Circenses!

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #223 on: November 10, 2012, 01:11:52 am »
Really hope David Luiz plays, Suarez will run rings around him, if Assaidi starts, him and Sterling stand a chance to torment the fuck out of him, start well, get a goal, get Luiz/Ivanovic on a yellow. Control the game. If we can do that on their home ground, those knobhead fans will start to get restless, Chelsea will start to get frustrated, and then we test their organization. I'm not worried, Howard Webb should be on our side for this one.

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #224 on: November 10, 2012, 01:17:00 am »
Wait, what? Shelvey warrants a start against Chelsea, having played the entire match vs Anzhi AND having been terrible in the second half, over Sahin?

And you're saying you prefer Shelvey tracking Hazard, Mata and Oscar than Sahin?

Funny, I seem to remember reading on here that Shelvey was head and shoulders above anyone in class in the first half against Anzhi.

But what has Sahin done to warrant a place in the team? He hasn't been substituted in the last four Premier League games running for no reason either. He seems to go missing a lot.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #225 on: November 10, 2012, 01:20:10 am »

Funny, I seem to remember reading on here that Shelvey was head and shoulders above anyone in class in the first half against Anzhi.

But what has Sahin done to warrant a place in the team? He hasn't been substituted in the last four Premier League games running for no reason either. He seems to go missing a lot.

I'd have Henderson in the team before either of them. I wouldn't trust Shelvey or Sahin to defend my piggy bank.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #226 on: November 10, 2012, 01:31:49 am »
Without being cocky, there is absolutely no reason why we can't get something here. They have a very good side no doubt, and I'd be suprised if they didn't get a goal. But for fuck sake they aren't unbeatable. Go there with a nice gameplan, attack them and we can get something. Personally I fancy us to win 3-1.

I fucking love the feeling of beating this farse of a club.

Offline lancashirelad

• Main Stander
  • Red til dead
    • Knighthood for Kenny Dalglish
« Reply #227 on: November 10, 2012, 02:35:38 am »
Jesus fuckin christ first match thread i've seen where virtually everyone has completely given up. What a load of fannies, we havent become a championhip team overnight because we lost a game and Chelsea arent some elite squad of footballing gods capable of casting aside any challengers with a flick of the wrist

Their defence is shite, worse than ours and their only striker is just as shite. If we work hard and have a good day at the office then we'll be grand
Bloody well said Mate. Here Here
I would like to live in Manchester, England. The transition between watching Manchester United and death would be unnoticeable.
PLEASE SIGN KNIGHTHOOD FOR KENNY http://www.change.org/petitions/recognition-for-services-to-liverpool-fc 8000 AND COUNTING

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: November 10, 2012, 02:46:08 am »
There's going to be space because they are quite the attacking team at the moment.  If we can keep possession and exploit some of the weakness in that back 4, we have a chance.  Suarez, like always, will be pivotal to our attack.

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: November 10, 2012, 04:40:48 am »

Need Allen and possibly Gerrard to work their butts off defending that space. I reckon Suso should start in place of Sahin centrally and that may cause Chelsea some problems. The problem is: who plays on the right flank?

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #230 on: November 10, 2012, 06:45:47 am »

So, did you watch the match vs Anzhi away or not?

What Sahin did that may make him more eligible to play vs CFC than Shelvey is that he rested back in Liverpool while Shelvey played the full 90+ mins vs Anzhi. Plus, he's a darn good player.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: November 10, 2012, 07:18:04 am »
Looking forward to this. Apart from the attacking trio of Mata, Hazard & Oscar, who I feel can be bullied out the game quite easilly if we get on top of them early without allowing them to settle. The rest of their team really aren't that special for me. The defence is there to be got at, Luiz and Cahill then the fullbacks Bertrand & Ivanonic, you joking? Suarez and Sterling will have a field day against that. Midfield 'battle' is easily winnable too. Feeling quite positive now with Glen back and fully rested XI. I know that's not the most cognitive opinion and well thought out but I'm knackered after me night shift.. will sleep on it.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 07:21:01 am by Bunter »

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #232 on: November 10, 2012, 07:29:44 am »
Looking forward to this. Apart from the attacking trio of Mata, Hazard & Oscar, who I feel can be bullied out the game quite easilly if we get on top of them early without allowing them to settle. The rest of their team really aren't that special for me. The defence is there to be got at, Luiz and Cahill then the fullbacks Bertrand & Ivanonic, you joking? Suarez and Sterling will have a field day against that. Midfield 'battle' is easily winnable too. Feeling quite positive now with Glen back and fully rested XI. I know that's not the most cognitive opinion and well thought out but I'm knackered after me night shift.. will sleep on it.

Yeah, I think Glen Johnson can make a difference. Obviously defensively he is far more solid than what people make it out to be. But he's just a pure footballer, attacking vise he gives us another dimension.
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #233 on: November 10, 2012, 07:34:06 am »
Come on Redmen!
Fully rested team must have a chance here!
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline givemekaliber

• Official Gimp to the Transfer Forum!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leather Bottle - Halewood
« Reply #234 on: November 10, 2012, 07:49:38 am »
2-1 Suarez first goal
If we push on straight away like against Newcastle - we will do well. I personally don't rate Luiz at all. If Terry starts (doubtful) I'd fancy Suarez to tear Luiz a new arsehole. Cahill however is proving he can cope in a much better team and seems to be doing well.
Tommy Smith is better looking than Sophia Loren

Suarez is an utter lunatic

Smoke bombs/grenades/pyros/giros are necessary

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: November 10, 2012, 08:08:21 am »
Hard to see how we can win or even get a point off this game. Poor form + Chelsea are good at home. We are definitely very much the underdogs and have to defeat the huge odds if we are to get anything. Plus, we just cannot continue with our same squad selection which really has not been working totally.

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #236 on: November 10, 2012, 08:24:39 am »
Hard to see how we can win or even get a point off this game. Poor form + Chelsea are good at home. We are definitely very much the underdogs and have to defeat the huge odds if we are to get anything. Plus, we just cannot continue with our same squad selection which really has not been working totally.

"huge odds" wtf we're not Accrington Stanley visiting in the league cup, theres just as much a chance of us getting something out of this than any other league game

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #237 on: November 10, 2012, 08:33:35 am »
"huge odds" wtf we're not Accrington Stanley visiting in the league cup, theres just as much a chance of us getting something out of this than any other league game

So home matches against Southampton and Reading are just as difficult as Chelsea away?  We're in trouble then.

::)

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #238 on: November 10, 2012, 08:37:49 am »
I wish it were huge odds.  I've got 50 on us to win!
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline Earl of Dingleberry

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: November 10, 2012, 08:40:53 am »
play the ball in this area of the field, and release Torres.

They could just kick the ball into the stands, same result.