Author Topic: Re: John Henry's open letter to fans  (Read 167270 times)

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
Re: Re: John Henry's open letter to fans
« Reply #1400 on: September 7, 2012, 12:10:58 am »
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline The Flying Pig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1401 on: September 7, 2012, 12:16:02 am »
We need a number 9!!! We need A CEO!!!

The latter is just another journo looking for another angle.

What we need is to get the team playing as Rodgers wants them to play and it will take time.

Stop panicking and grow a set FFS!

I am very grateful to you for using your first post to tell us how to support our club.

Many thanks.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2012, 12:19:25 am by The Flying Pig »

I might be in!

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1402 on: September 7, 2012, 12:20:08 am »
next month, some of the others started on Monday

What others mate?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1403 on: September 7, 2012, 12:29:20 am »
All this worry is mainly down to those two things. Quite simple to rectify

Really? Who's on your short list for CEO?

And what no 9s were available that would fit Rodgers system?

Simple?... The answers must be tripping your tongue.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline The Flying Pig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1404 on: September 7, 2012, 12:31:00 am »
This is the reason for me to be positive... football of course..

http://ec.libsyn.com/p/7/4/1/7411bc4c50347983/INTERVIEW_-_RODGERS_TALKS_TO_TAW.m4a?d13a76d516d9dec20c3d276ce028ed5089ab1ce3dae902ea1d01cc813ed4ca5931eb&c_id=4915799

In Rodgers I trust.

Even the best generals struggle when they do not have enough soldiers.

I might be in!

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
Re: John Henry's open letter to fans
« Reply #1405 on: September 7, 2012, 12:44:02 am »
To the best of my knowledge there are 4 in total, I know one definitely started on Monday would rather not say any more than that. What I can say is that these guys are really into the stats and analytical side, some of the top people in the game and they have contacts all over the world. The fact that FSG have brought them in is a really encouraging sign IMO, shows they are committed to the club and investing in the squad going forward. Will be interesting to see who we get in January once these guys get to work

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #1406 on: September 7, 2012, 12:44:07 am »
http://youtu.be/xyGdHRER9aU

I know its probably been posted but here it is again.  This man's mentality is superb, he is perfect for us right now.  Let's stop pointing fingers and feeling sorry for ourselves, let's give it time, keep going and be realistic.  I beg and hope that Rodgers gets the time he needs because if this all falls in to place, I honestly believe we are on to something.

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
« Reply #1407 on: September 7, 2012, 12:50:19 am »

I know its probably been posted but here it is again.  This man's mentality is superb, he is perfect for us right now.  Let's stop pointing fingers and feeling sorry for ourselves, let's give it time, keep going and be realistic.  I beg and hope that Rodgers gets the time he needs because if this all falls in to place, I honestly believe we are on to something.

Hard to argue, a very charismatic figure full of authority and self confidence. I get a Rafa type vibe off him

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1408 on: September 7, 2012, 12:58:13 am »
To the best of my knowledge there are 4 in total, I know one definitely started on Monday would rather not say any more than that. What I can say is that these guys are really into the stats and analytical side, some of the top people in the game and they have contacts all over the world. The fact that FSG have brought them in is a really encouraging sign IMO, shows they are committed to the club and investing in the squad going forward. Will be interesting to see who we get in January once these guys get to work

Think there is only two joining us now

Initially four were meant to be joining us when the news first broke - David Fallows, Barry Hunter, Rob Newman and David Fernandez. The latter two were retained by City supposedly by offering them promotions.

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
« Reply #1409 on: September 7, 2012, 01:00:23 am »
Think there is only two joining us now

There are others not mentioned there who have joined

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1410 on: September 7, 2012, 08:18:20 am »
You are right about the futility of worrying how others perceive us (though I suspect thats easier to do for those who live in the city).

But as someone with family connections to old Boards at the club and old Directors and who's Dad was a family friend of John Smith and others of his ilk, I do know that doing things the right way was important to them, not because of perception, but simply because it was the right thing to do, and the right way to conduct oneself.

Things at the club are nowhere near as bad as during the darkest days of G&H when Smith & co. would have been turning in their graves.  But charges of tapping up, open letters, rival briefings, transfer chaos etc are simply not how things should be done.  The club has many fine traditions and in recent years we have behaved, and continue to behave, in ways that have betrayed those.

Fair comment.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Carlos: Very Kickable

• Pompous Twat. Scourge of Pinko Liberalism. Attitude to Cyan Conservatism is unclear. Lives in a Monochrome world and is baffled by colours.
  • Legacy Fan
  • As Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus would say...
« Reply #1411 on: September 7, 2012, 08:22:18 am »
Why is that funny?

Just the way it was written was like an absurdist comedy.
I know you struggle with reading comprehension Carlitos, but do try to pay attention

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1412 on: September 7, 2012, 08:29:24 am »
Just the way it was written was like an absurdist comedy.

Fair enough. Just worries me that some people seem to be revelling in our fucked-up-ness.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #1413 on: September 7, 2012, 01:03:34 pm »
oops

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1414 on: September 7, 2012, 04:56:15 pm »
It is fairly obvious the people let down were us and Rodgers, the blame should never be diverted to Rodgers, for the sake of saving this FSG fuck up.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Red Cez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stop Fucking Moaning!!!!
« Reply #1415 on: September 7, 2012, 05:06:16 pm »
Quick question which hopefully someone on here can answer:

A few on here have placed the blame for our various fuck ups over the last two years at the feet of Kenny, Comolli, Rodgers and Ayre (among others). This begs a question: what exactly are FSG's responsibilities? By that I mean by what measures can we judge FSG's competence?
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

Oscar Wilde

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1416 on: September 7, 2012, 05:11:18 pm »

A few on here have placed the blame for our various fuck ups over the last two years at the feet of Kenny, Comolli, Rodgers and Ayre (among others). This begs a question: what exactly are FSG's responsibilities? By that I mean by what measures can we judge FSG's competence?

Well the buck stops at the top as a U.S. fella once said, they are excellent not me guv types from my point of view, not as bad as the last lot (who could be if that was the yardstick to work from) but not competent either!
« Last Edit: September 7, 2012, 09:57:32 pm by geoffstrong »
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1417 on: September 7, 2012, 05:19:07 pm »

Without going into them, if individual fuckups are, or were, the fault of those mentioned or others - FSG are responsible for learning from them and preventing them. A business which consistently employs people who make poor decisions loses money or even goes bust. A football club declines. That's FSG's responsibility - stop making, or permitting, repeated and avoidable mistakes.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1418 on: September 7, 2012, 05:20:14 pm »

On who they trusted. And in hindsight they shouldn't have trusted Kenny and Comolli, but it was us fans who pushed for Kenny so hardly their fault. However, I think they could have supported Rodgers a lot more as he is their man. Overall I think they've been average, not terrible though like some say. We should have had a decision on the stadium by now, they should have invested some of their own money and they've made a few mistakes aswell like this time last week. But on the plus side we needed to stop paying high wages to players who offer fuck all, and taking to account we have no champions league money it hasn't been all bad.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #1419 on: September 7, 2012, 05:24:04 pm »
It's no secret that we shouldn't have left it until deadline to find the striker we wanted. That right there is a big disconnect between FSG and whoever this ensemble is for finding and approving targets. The market could be very reasonable on deadline day, or completely unreasonable. So why take that risk? And the risk is further glorified after having sent Carroll on loan. On what? The back of a promise, or 'hope'. The club should never have allowed itself to be in that position.

Not stumping up the cash for Dempsey, whether it was 1 million more, or 3 million was the wrong decision, and here's why. It seems as if he was our only remaining outlet to get another forward in, so if we had decided that, we should have just paid the difference. I know it's easy to say we shouldn't be held to ransom by other Premier League clubs just because we're Liverpool. But look at the situation we were in. We're only talking about a few million, not 10 million, and if Dempsey was the only available option and we still had a chance to get him, we should have sanctioned it. I know Dempsey isn't the savior to all our problems, but he is definitely someone who could have taken the burden off Suarez and Borini. We have now essentially jeopardized our season. Henry said "Our ambitions do not lie in cementing a mid-table place with expensive, short-term quick fixes that will only contribute for a couple of years", but by not making this particular short term fix, we could have cemented ourselves in to mid table anyway. Therefore, why not take the risk on Dempsey regardless.

Also, the higher the position in the league, the more money we get paid out. If we can't make short term fixes, then we can at least think about the extra revenue that potentially could have been generated by having more goals in the team.

Depending on how you read the letter, it can also be construed as essentially accepting that this season is another transitional season, and we will be no closer to the top 4. So what are the expectations now? We're facing a struggle now for 4 months. How can we expect to be competitive? Rodgers is putting a positive spin on it, but he's probably deeply upset.

I'm still backing FSG, because I genuinely believe they want to succeed here. However, the most worrying thing isn't that Carroll left without a replacement coming in, or that Dempsey didn't come in, but the fact that we put ourselves in a precarious position where our entire season was on the verge of being jeopardized. For a club like Liverpool, that should never happen.
YWNA

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1420 on: September 7, 2012, 05:40:55 pm »
Are people seeing this as something bigger than just missing out on a target?  I am just not seeing it that way.  Every year we miss out on one target or another for a number of reasons similar to what we saw on deadline day.  Key targets at that.  In fact this happens to many clubs not just Liverpool.  This has been going on for a number of years; pre-FSG; pre-G&H; pre-Moores even.  Why is this somehow a new thing that signals the sky is falling.  Sure its not ideal but let the club address it internally.

Of course this is bigger than missing out on a target. And it is bigger than losing to Arsenal. If you read what concerns the people are voicing it is becoming pretty clear that they see a bigger problem than "missing out on Clint Dempsey". The main problem for me, is the overall state this club is in. When FSG took over everyone was going on about how clever business-men they are, but to be honest, I haven't seen that yet. Quite on the contrary: they have been slow to react, haven't managed to put a decent structure in place (both in the footballing department and in the club itself) and it just seems we're going down the same route as we were before under G&H and with Moores&Parry. What was going on this transfer-window (trying to strengthen our weakest area in the squad on the final day, missing out on the target, not having a suitable replacement) was right out of Parry's book of fucking up.

We have gotten rid of four attacking players this summer. While I agree that some of them probably needed to be moved on because of their wages (but let's not forget that Kuyt and Bellamy signed their contracts with FSG in charge), we completely failed to replace them and are seriously lacking options in the final third. There is no way we couldn't have adressed that problem earlier in the summer, because we let the players go pretty early as well (except for Carroll, but with him it was pretty clear from the start that he's not in Rodgers' plans). What makes that even worse is that I'd imagine Rodgers would have talked to Henry about what he plans to do with the squad when he had his interview. So why did it take us to the final day of the window to adress the missing-striker issue let alone having more options on the wings? That's what makes no sense to me. People are saying we cannot spend money we don't have. I support that feeling. How do you manage to stay competitive while not spending shitloads of money? By being smart. And that's certainly something we haven't been. And that's worrying.

Offline Wazza dazza

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1421 on: September 7, 2012, 06:09:21 pm »
Good to see Henry talking to fans but he should have given the manager 6million and trusted his judgement on Dempsey.
We should stop leaving it till the last day to sign players we always get stung.
I hope we can rise from the ashes and take our right full place at the top again by building from the bottom up the right way.Building a solid foundation.
No more mistakes,our owners have to be sharp now.

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1422 on: September 7, 2012, 06:38:59 pm »

I do completely back him but it's hard to be positive right now.  They got rid of Kenny and looking back I can understand it.. I'll never agree with it but at least I see the reasons why and they're football reasons for good or bad.

I got behind Rodgers because they wanted him. I got behind belt tightening and wage decreases because we all know we needed to make the money count.

Part of this whole revolution was the idea that the owners were completely behind Rodgers, that it was a solid, functional unit finally... They destroyed that within the space of 1 window by denying their man a player who would have cost just over a quarter of a downing.

You can't make the new man pay for the perceived errors of the old and that's what they've done. He won't trust them in the same way any more, and nor should we. For all the talk and the media spin what happened was simple, fsg decided they preferred that money in their pocket instead of the pitch.

Offline Coady

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #1423 on: September 7, 2012, 07:41:42 pm »
TONY EVANS, FOOTBALL EDITOR _Here is Tony's take of events.

It is now a week since the great Liverpool deadline day fiasco. Yet again, infighting and absurdity reign in L4. Take down ‘This is Anfield.’ Replace with ‘This is chaos.’ The worst thing is that it was so easily avoidable.

Until January, Brendan Rodgers will have to cope with only two seasoned strikers, Luis Suarez and Fabio Borini. Neither looks like a 20-goals-a-season man. Andy Carroll was sent to West Ham United with the belief that Clint Dempsey would sign. It didn’t happen so Liverpool are very light up front. Unless, that is, a free agent can be found.

The names that have been bandied round make Dempsey, at 29, look like a whippersnapper. Michael Owen, Emile Heskey and Alessandro Del Piero were all suggested as stopgaps. That they struggled to find clubs was for a reason. The angst at Anfield was mirrored by mirth elsewhere.

Most of the supporters’ anger has been aimed at Fenway Sports Group. There is a presumption that the American owners did not want to spend money, leaving Rodgers short of manpower and firepower. The sad truth is different. Even FSG’s fiercest critics can seethat it was not simply a money problem. Liverpool entered September with unspent cash in the transfer kitty. It will be a long four months before that war chest can be invested in players.

How did this happen? Who is to blame? It is hard to point the finger at an individual. This was c**k-up by committee.

Once Rodgers was appointed in early summer, it was always going to be a window of transition. Dirk Kuyt, Maxi Rodriguez and Craig Bellamy all left the club, their fading talents making it sensible to move them on. But with them left goals. It was crucial to add more.

Rodgers, like all managers, wanted to reshape the squad in his own image. It is only right that he feels that way. He will take responsibility for results and should build around players he trusts. Even so, it was a big mistake to signal to the rest of football that Andy Carroll was surplus to requirements.

Across the game, Liverpool have developed a reputation for buying high, selling low and overpaying players. It predates FSG and is one of the big issues they need to address. Yet everyone knew the Ł35-million striker had no value to his new manager. It did not place the club in a position of strength in a marketplace where any sign of weakness will cost you millions.

There were others that Rodgers did not want: Charlie Adam, Jordan Henderson and Joe Cole among them. It’s hard to blame him. Adam and Henderson, along with Stewart Downing, were last summer’s signings. Their main contribution was helping to get Kenny Dalglish the sack. Cole was bought by an overexcited and inexperienced executive during the tail end of the Gillett and Hicks era and is likely to cost the club more than Ł25 million over the four years of his contract. It would be easier for a huckster to sell the Brooklyn Bridge than to shift Cole.

FSG have struggled to come to terms with football – as John W. Henry, the principal owner, admitted to fans in his letter this week. Yet FSG have always had a clear vision about what sort of business they would like to do in the transfer market. They are keen on young players with potential resale value. This clarity of thought from Boston has been obscured by poor choices in employing the men to implement it. Damien Comolli overpaid for even the young players he bought. Eventually he was found out. But FSG believes it was the person, rather than the policy, that was flawed. It’s hard to disagree.

The owners were less keen on Dempsey than the manager. They struggled to accept that the only significant goalscoring target of the summer was the Fulham man. There must be, they believed, younger strikers out there with potential to grow. They also knew that Carroll could not be allowed to leave before he was replaced by at least one forward. Rodgers and Ian Ayre, the managing director, were expressly told that this situation should not happen.

Which makes the last-week meltdown even more shocking. Rodgers looked to have won his battle when a deal was agreed with Fulham for Dempsey with Henderson going the other way. It would have been against everything that "Moneyball" logic stands for – an Ł18 million youngster traded for an ageing striker - but it was sanctioned. It fell apart when Henderson refused to go to London.

Then everything collapsed. It looked like Daniel Sturridge was heading for Anfield on an initial loan with a clause to buy after a season. It was a bigger financial commitment than the Dempsey deal. As the transfer neared completion, Carroll went to West Ham. Then, at the last moment, Rodgers vetoed the move. One day was left in the window.

Dempsey appeared to be the only option. Unfortunately, Tottenham Hotspur made a bigger bid and Liverpool were left with egg on their face. The owners were even more flabbergasted when Rodgers was quoted as saying that the Carroll deal was “99.9 per cent finance”. It looked like Boston had forced the loan through. The fanbase went into uproar.

Rodgers, like all managers, was desperate to get his man. However, he was clearly working to a different agenda to FSG. This is the biggest worry for Liverpool in the future. The lines of communication failed.

Which brings everything back to FSG’s biggest mistake. The owners cannot run the club – never mind a transfer window – from Boston. The need for strong leadership at Anfield is shown more starkly with every crisis that occurs. Ayre is not chief executive material. As football administrators go, he is a pygmy, even in an area that has few giants. He should have been the bridge between owners and manager. So why did everyone drown last week?
Henry’s response was the letter. The things that stood out from it were the acceptance that FSG have made mistakes in their two years of ownership and the emphasis on the long-term health of the club.

Football is a tough business. Lots of things about it do not make sense – especially to someone with a background in American sport. The game here can be ugly and it encourages dishonesty and duplicity. In the States, there are entirely different ethical problems for owners but dealings are much more transparent.

FSG have not been hands-on enough. They know that. They need a greater presence on Merseyside, or employ someone they trust to make the ownership work properly. There are signs that they recognise this. Tom Werner, the chairman, was at the Premier League meeting yesterday and is one of the driving forces in trying to bring an extra level of Financial Fair Play to the top flight. Werner has allies in Manchester United and Arsenal – in matters of football politics, it is better to be on the same side as United than against them, as the Suarez incident showed.

Werner’s involvement - and he was forthright in exchanges with clubs like Manchester City, who are against wide-ranging regulation - backed up Henry’s assertion in his letter that FSG are at Anfield for the long run. Rumours have circulated that the Americans are looking for a buyer for Liverpool and that the cost-cutting of the summer was trimming the fat for a sale. There is no evidence for this and Henry, in particular, is desperate to make a success of the club.

If that is to happen, the disconnect between owners and manager needs to be fixed – and quickly. Rodgers is FSG’s appointment and they will back him to the hilt. However, even more than cash, the manager needs someone in the boardroom with the ability to convince Boston to go with his judgement. Equally, Anfield needs someone with the status to say no to the manager when Rodgers wants too much. Henry knows this. They need to find the right man. Yesterday. Anfield has drifted for too long.

Henry and FSG are not going anywhere. They will only spend in a manner they believe to be wise and this is no bad thing. The letter, quite rightly, claimed the club is healthier now than when they arrived.

They will be prudent. The manager had better get used to it, the fans too. They won’t be pumping huge amounts of cash in but, unlike Hicks and Gillett or the Glazers, they will not take massive amounts out. They should be held to account for their mistakes but last week was about wider issues.
The learning phase is over. The next months require action and progression. With strong leadership, comedy and chaos will be a thing of the past. It is time for action and for Henry to prove the letter was not just words.
"When you hear the noise of the Bill Shankly boys,
We'll be coming down the road"

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1424 on: September 7, 2012, 08:22:08 pm »
I think Evans' take is probably akin to what most logical fans have thought has taken place. Friday was a cock-up with many people responsible and possibly a bucket load of naivety being shown by a few key parties . What I find truly interesting about his piece though is that he's spent a significant amount of time moaning about the ownership and transfer this summer, yet in this article he doesn't seem so hysterical or overly critical about their actions.

Additionally, I've always thought Ayre was a potential source for a lot of the info relayed by the various Times journalists who write about Liverpool. Thus with the frequent calls for a CEO, could it be that Ayre isn't happy or knows he's not wholly suited for this position and knows he would be better off conducting his usual duties in commercial activities and sponsorships? Yet, at the same time wouldn't want to lose his current title and status?

« Last Edit: September 7, 2012, 08:30:52 pm by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1425 on: September 7, 2012, 08:28:50 pm »
Evans is spot on although a little shallow. It´s quite clear who were the men behind the Joe Cole signing. Still not popular to go for the truth behind it.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #1426 on: September 8, 2012, 12:55:02 am »
That's odd, based on his tweeting I always thought Tony was dismissive of FSG. It almost comes off as if he's covering for them there.

He's right though, break the bank and get whoever it takes to be the middle man.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1427 on: September 8, 2012, 03:43:34 am »
That's odd, based on his tweeting I always thought Tony was dismissive of FSG. It almost comes off as if he's covering for them there.

He's right though, break the bank and get whoever it takes to be the middle man.

Not sure what you mean by covering for them. I think he's pretty much on the money.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #1428 on: September 8, 2012, 05:15:51 am »
Not sure what you mean by covering for them. I think he's pretty much on the money.

Sorry, worded it poorly. I meant that it seemed like he was suspicious of them earlier in the year, now he's alleviating some of the blame where before he was looking to apportion it.

Basically I was expecting him to pile on the owners and he didn't.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Jumbeaux

• Main Stander
« Reply #1429 on: September 8, 2012, 05:33:11 am »
Hope our season doesn't turn into what Boston Red Sox is going through right now. After getting rid of a few star players, they couldn't buy a win. Liverpool would be relegated with that kind of form.

Offline kapil08

• Kopite
« Reply #1430 on: September 8, 2012, 06:05:27 am »
Again, for the love of God, you do not let Carroll leave without sorting out a replacement. 

YEAH! WE'RE GOING TO MISS HIS 4 ODD GOALS SOO MUCH!!!!

::)
"If Bob Paisley had been on the continent or in America, in whatever capacity or field he worked, and achieved what he achieved, I think he’d be rated higher than the President, the Lord Mayor, the King or the Queen or whatever"

Ron Atkinson

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1431 on: September 8, 2012, 07:05:54 am »
Sorry, worded it poorly. I meant that it seemed like he was suspicious of them earlier in the year, now he's alleviating some of the blame where before he was looking to apportion it.

Basically I was expecting him to pile on the owners and he didn't.

Ok got you. True I was expecting that from Tony as well. I think it's an interesting and balanced piece.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #1432 on: September 8, 2012, 07:33:16 am »
YEAH! WE'RE GOING TO MISS HIS 4 ODD GOALS SOO MUCH!!!!

::)

Missing the point completely.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline ShibbyLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #1433 on: September 8, 2012, 07:50:41 am »
Not stumping up the cash for Dempsey, whether it was 1 million more, or 3 million was the wrong decision, and here's why. It seems as if he was our only remaining outlet to get another forward in, so if we had decided that, we should have just paid the difference.

Using that logic, since Carroll was our only remaining outlet to get a forward in, we were right to pay 35 million to make it happen.

Offline kapil08

• Kopite
« Reply #1434 on: September 8, 2012, 08:26:03 am »
Missing the point completely.

Not really. There isnt anything to 'replace'.
"If Bob Paisley had been on the continent or in America, in whatever capacity or field he worked, and achieved what he achieved, I think he’d be rated higher than the President, the Lord Mayor, the King or the Queen or whatever"

Ron Atkinson

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1435 on: September 8, 2012, 10:55:58 am »

TONY EVANS, FOOTBALL EDITOR _Here is Tony's take of events.

It is now a week since the great Liverpool deadline day fiasco. Yet again, infighting and absurdity reign in L4. Take down ‘This is Anfield.’ Replace with ‘This is chaos.’ The worst thing is that it was so easily avoidable.

Tony Evans taking a week to tell us what we already know and again adds sensational bullshit which has no substance. Some one show me where in the rest of his article, which has been covered for 8 days anyway now, he substantiates that there is "infighting".

If there is "infighting" in LFC, give us details Tony.

Will he be pulled on it - will he fuck, nobody, including the lads at TAW will pull him. We all know it was  cock-up, but that word needs substantiating.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1436 on: September 8, 2012, 11:02:54 am »
Tony Evans taking a week to tell us what we already know and again adds sensational bullshit which has no substance. Some one show me where in the rest of his article, which has been covered for 8 days anyway now, he substantiates that there is "infighting".

If there is "infighting" in LFC, give us details Tony.

Will he be pulled on it - will he fuck, nobody, including the lads at TAW will pull him. We all know it was  cock-up, but that word needs substantiating.

To be fair djphal hinted at the same thing - infighting within the club.

* Sorry Djphal if I got that wrong but that how one of your recent posts came accross to me*

Offline macca921

• Barney's best mate, often seen drinking and laughing together, occasionally they hold hands.
  • Main Stander
  • blue bitter twisted bastards
« Reply #1437 on: September 8, 2012, 11:08:04 am »
Just back home from holiday cannot believe the last weeks events at our great club

I have just one request of mr Henry and mr Werner

If you have any idea what it means to follow our great club

I urge you to reconsider allowing the TV SHOW  to be aired

Our great club is already a fount of fun to the rest of the country

With events of last few years and the transfer debacle

To show this fly on the wall programme now at this point in our history

Will have NO benefit at all to our club

All that will happen as a result of showing this fly on the wall stuff will be that this club

Will become a laughing stock and the butt of endless jibes and jokes

don't
Let
This
Happen

This will harm my great club so much and I urge you to put it on hold there will be no positives

Over to you John and tom

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
« Reply #1438 on: September 8, 2012, 01:00:01 pm »
Just back home from holiday cannot believe the last weeks events at our great club

All that will happen as a result of showing this fly on the wall stuff will be that this club

don't
Let
This
Happen

This will harm my great club so much and I urge you to put it on hold there will be no positives

Over to you John and tom

Agree they couldn't have made this doc at a worse time (or maybe they could) but it all depends on how it is edited and directed. The club are obviously using it as a tool to make the club look better, otherwise what's the point? I guess the angle you're coming from is that they've fucked up a, b and c so far so there is a chance they'll do it with this as well. Either way I suppose the press will be all over it trying to find an angle to give some negative spin wherever they can. I guess my worry is how can you make the sacking of a legend, losing a cup final and fucking up big time on deadline day look good?

Offline willy_banjo

• It's his personal choice of instrument. Solo performer too.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1439 on: September 8, 2012, 01:02:56 pm »

don't
Let
This
Happen

Over to you John and tom

I agree. It will be the end of the world if they show this documentary.