Author Topic: Financial Fair Play - developments in here  (Read 174064 times)

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
Re: Financial Fair Play - developments in here
« Reply #360 on: April 15, 2014, 11:54:39 am »
The transfer ban being talked about is likely a misunderstanding or mis-statement by the journos. The actual punishment/s possible are UEFA refusing to allow a club to register new players for European competition or reducing the number of players able to be registered for European competition. PSG are already sounding off that they'll take UEFA through the courts, and there's also the possibility that a club such as Arsenal or Everton could take City through UEFA's own appeals procedure if their punishment is seen to be overly lenient.

This sounds a better option than fining mega rich owners.

So, if I understand, the guilty clubs could still sign players for domestic comps but these new players would not be able to be entered onto the European squad list for 2014-15? However the clubs could appeal through the courts but as this would take months the players would not be eligible for next seasons comps.

This would be a deterrent for any future,or present, rich corporation taking over a club and breaking the FFP rules.

How is the PL doing with it's policy of making all clubs "break even" at some future date? It's all gone quiet.

They could apply a similar rule that PL clubs would have no transfer ban but new players couldn't be registered to play until they complied with FFP or whatever rules the PL decide upon.

The guilty clubs could still compete in comps but would be penalised.

We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #361 on: April 15, 2014, 12:12:30 pm »
As things stand, that's correct redtel.

The Premier League rules which just about scraped through the clubs' voting are here.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #362 on: April 24, 2014, 12:01:53 pm »

Michel Platini : 'No clubs to be excluded from Europe for breaching FFP rules'
• Uefa president reveals sanctions to be announced next month
• 'If you are expecting blood and tears you'll be disappointed'

No clubs will be kicked out of European competition next season for breaking financial fair play rules, Uefa president Michel Platini said in an interview on Thursday.

Uefa's financial fair play (FFP) policy, designed to stop clubs spending more than they generate, comes into effect next season with a maximum penalty of exclusion from European competition for those failing to comply.

"In effect, the first decisions will be announced at the start of May," Platini told Le Parisien newspaper in an interview published on its website.

"But if you are expecting blood and tears and you will be disappointed. There will be some tough things but no exclusions from European competition."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/24/michel-platini-uefa-champions-league-ffp?CMP=twt_gu
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline RedRedTom

• Knows how to get you there. Finding his thrills on Denmark Hill
  • Legacy Fan
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria
« Reply #363 on: April 24, 2014, 12:16:14 pm »
*Lack of developments in here.
Luis Garcia... tries his luck........

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #364 on: April 24, 2014, 01:11:50 pm »
Michel Platini : 'No clubs to be excluded from Europe for breaching FFP rules'

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #365 on: April 24, 2014, 01:19:56 pm »
It was never going to happen in the first few years, they will get a small fine and a future warning that they need to improve. If not expect 10 more fines before exclusion
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: April 24, 2014, 01:21:25 pm »
While it is easy to mock FFP for being toothless, it actually isn't that unreasonable that the first year of penalties would not include the ultimate sanctions available to uefa.

If you think about it for a second, clubs would have fought exclusions through the courts probably, whereas they are more likely to accept fines and then next year uefa can turn around and say you accepted your punishments last season, had another year to sort things out and still have not done so and now we will exclude you and the clubs wouldn't really have any grounds to appeal other than demonstrating that they have made significant strides towards becoming compliant with the rules.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #367 on: April 24, 2014, 02:09:12 pm »
Hold on... They are not going to throw the ultra rich clubs out of Europes most lucrative competition?

I'm sure Gazprom, Heineken, Sony etc are devastated about this news.

Offline red-5times-indian

• Main Stander
  • Mario my wayward son....
« Reply #368 on: April 24, 2014, 02:33:25 pm »
Excluding teams from Europe was never fair in my opinion. How can you expect clubs to clear debt/break even while taking out one of their main revenue sources. Maybe some sort of an incoming transfer embargo or increasing home quota players or something like that.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #369 on: April 24, 2014, 02:45:27 pm »
It was never going to happen in the first few years, they will get a small fine and a future warning that they need to improve. If not expect 10 more fines before exclusion

Fines. The best way to upset Billionaire Oil Magnates. Every time.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: April 24, 2014, 02:57:02 pm »
Nobodies going to get banned unless they totally take the piss year after year. The two strongest sanctions that i hope they use are not allowing new players to be registered for European competitions and points deductions. I thing if they do those things and are strong then clubs may start to change. If it's just fine's and warnings nobody will take any notice.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: April 24, 2014, 02:58:15 pm »
Fines are never going to be the solution, excluding teams on a first offence would be very harsh, transfer bans are the only other punishment I can think off that would actually effect the oil rich clubs.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #372 on: April 24, 2014, 09:05:13 pm »
All of a sudden he doesn't seem as bothered about kicking clubs out of Europe since PSG and Monaco have been spending above their means. ::)

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #373 on: April 24, 2014, 09:34:51 pm »
FFP is the same mess they get when they try and implement banking regulation. It's like telling a hot chick you're gonna break up with her if she does something. You're gonna keep moving the goal posts so that you don't have to. The best thing Uefa could have done is given the FA's for the respective countries 20 percent of all champions league revenue and told them to put it into cup football.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #374 on: April 24, 2014, 10:44:09 pm »
Hit them on the pitch with bans on player registration in European competitions. Thats the only place they'll hit the deep-pocket clubs

Offline turkish kopite

• Legacy Fan
  • Black&White, Believe&Fight
« Reply #375 on: April 25, 2014, 02:40:54 pm »
I read something about 5th may. It says uefa will announce the banned teams till 5th may. Is it confirmed?
"Waiting for Vodafone Arena to win League Titles"

Offline turkish kopite

• Legacy Fan
  • Black&White, Believe&Fight
« Reply #376 on: April 28, 2014, 11:53:52 am »
informations needed  :( :( :(
"Waiting for Vodafone Arena to win League Titles"

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #377 on: April 28, 2014, 01:17:19 pm »
I read something about 5th may. It says uefa will announce the banned teams till 5th may. Is it confirmed?

Around the 5th, but no fixed date has been given because there's potentially negotiations between clubs in breach and UEFA over sanctions.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline Wiss_LFC

• Wuss_WUM: Diss_missed but won't be ATALL_missed.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: April 28, 2014, 08:24:08 pm »
Uefa offer Manchester City & PSG settlements for alleged breaches of financial fair play #SSN

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
I'll bring out the stats and heat maps if we sign him.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #379 on: April 28, 2014, 08:26:28 pm »
Uefa offer Manchester City & PSG settlements for alleged breaches of financial fair play #SSN

So what are they saying?

Give us some money and you can carry on?

How is that helping to keep a level playing field??

It won't effect them one iota....

Sigh....  They'll only get worse now
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: April 28, 2014, 08:38:35 pm »

Joke. Can other teams take them to court? Read something like that a while back.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: April 28, 2014, 08:47:35 pm »
Joke. Can other teams take them to court? Read something like that a while back.

Other teams can appeal if they think the sanctions are too lenient.

However i think a £50K fine for both should put an end to all this financial doping.  :)
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Wiss_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: April 28, 2014, 08:51:29 pm »
So what are they saying?

Give us some money and you can carry on?

Exactly that by the looks of it, this financial fair play was never going to happen. Uefa don't have the cojones to slap bans on teams..

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: April 28, 2014, 08:52:47 pm »
UEFA and FIFA are just a bunch of old men who love money, so this doesnt surprise me.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: April 28, 2014, 08:58:18 pm »
All of a sudden he doesn't seem as bothered about kicking clubs out of Europe since PSG and Monaco have been spending above their means. ::)
His son has a lucrative job in Qatar.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: April 28, 2014, 09:01:44 pm »
Exactly that by the looks of it, this financial fair play was never going to happen. Uefa don't have the cojones to slap bans on teams..

Says here the settlement could be anything, not just cash

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-city-psg-breach-ffp-rules-183417466--sow.html

Offline Wiss_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: April 28, 2014, 09:06:02 pm »
Says here the settlement could be anything, not just cash

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-city-psg-breach-ffp-rules-183417466--sow.html

It's not just about cash though, why are they even offering settlements to clubs who have clearly broken the rules! They should be banned no questions asked, not ''spend all the money you want, don't worry if you break the rules we will help you out''

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: April 28, 2014, 09:44:48 pm »
Like Platini is going to screw PSG when his son works for them....

It stinks
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #388 on: April 28, 2014, 10:43:19 pm »
Cynicism's really understandable, but I think this is already having the desired impact upon clubs. eg Chelsea had to sell Mata to fund Matic and before that Sturridge was sold to us to help their FFP finances out. Who did City reinforce with over January? How many of their current squad are going to need to be moved on for them to squeeze through next year? UEFA are trumpeting losses across European football have almost halved from their peak which is clearly not going to be without effects.

It's not news that no-one will be banned first time round, nor that City are in breach. But how would City get on if any new signings for this summer can't be registered for CL football until they are in compliance? Is there a cascading effect if their CL money is withheld from them but they're still expected to be in compliance without it (a 'fine')? All sorts of fun questions ahead depending on the sanctions which get imposed.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 12:04:33 am by Zeb »

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #389 on: April 28, 2014, 11:57:50 pm »
From the FootballLaw blog, among the PSG sanctions proposed are a limit on transfer market activities (not a ban, but an unspecified limit) and a reduction of the CL panel from 25 players to 20.
Points deduction from CL pool also being considered but not among the proposed sanctions.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #390 on: April 29, 2014, 12:07:28 am »
From the FootballLaw blog, among the PSG sanctions proposed are a limit on transfer market activities (not a ban, but an unspecified limit) and a reduction of the CL panel from 25 players to 20.
Points deduction from CL pool also being considered but not among the proposed sanctions.

Was just trying to find the L'Equipe piece on it. But having to reach a genuine break even by 2015/16, with an implied 'or else', is horrific for PSG. They only got somewhere close with the dubious sponsorship deal with QTA. This is a bit more than 100k Euro fines. Of course PSG are taking the piss to an absurd level, but if these sanctions are true then UEFA are absolutely confident they've got the backing at European level to see off any challenges from the sanctioned clubs.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #391 on: April 29, 2014, 12:20:10 am »
They should start all teams who have breached rules on -3 points.

Or play their home games in front of the away fans only.

Or only be able to register a maximum of 18 players for the competition they are in.

Has to be non financial, otherwise it's all a load of bollocks.

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: April 29, 2014, 12:24:57 am »
UEFA's grand plan:

royhendo

« Reply #393 on: April 29, 2014, 06:47:42 am »
Could be the thread of the summer this.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: April 29, 2014, 06:49:05 am »
So, the twitter word is this;

PSG will be told to break even by 2016
There will be restrictions on buying players (who knows what)
They will be limited to 20 players rather than 25 in CL squad
They must reduce personnel costs.

Whether the sanctions will be one, some or all of these remains to be seen.

To be honest, I'm certain that if the sanctions are severe, then they will be challenged in court and overturned on some silly technicality.

This from @footballLaw a chap called Daniel Geey who's a prominent football lawyer (it seems)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 06:51:07 am by Tepid Water »
W

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #395 on: April 29, 2014, 08:39:32 am »
Herbert in the Indie is claiming that City have failed over selling image rights and intellectual property to themselves. That's actually a huge blow for City because their great wheeze for finding a way round the regulations was to use the other teams they own to funnel money back into City, in fact on the back of it they were all full of optimism about how they'd break even and make profits etc etc etc. Just to put that £46m into perspective, in a good year under FSG and holding very tight control of our wage bill we see around £40m in net cash leave the club in transfer fees.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: April 29, 2014, 08:45:14 am »
Herbert in the Indie is claiming that City have failed over selling image rights and intellectual property to themselves. That's actually a huge blow for City because their great wheeze for finding a way round the regulations was to use the other teams they own to funnel money back into City, in fact on the back of it they were all full of optimism about how they'd break even and make profits etc etc etc. Just to put that £46m into perspective, in a good year under FSG and holding very tight control of our wage bill we see around £40m in net cash leave the club in transfer fees.

Did they get away with their owners buying a few thousand spare tickets for their home games against WBA and Sunderland?  :P
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #397 on: April 29, 2014, 10:02:54 am »
Did they get away with their owners buying a few thousand spare tickets for their home games against WBA and Sunderland?  :P

Probably one to ask someone who thinks/thought that?  :P Even if true, and outside of people's imaginations it doesn't seem to be, it's change down the back of the sofa in comparison to what they are in breach for.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 10:05:04 am by Zeb »

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #398 on: April 29, 2014, 11:07:25 am »
Just deduct 1 point from this seasons premierleague

Seems fair ;)

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe