Author Topic: Brendan Rodgers: An Insight  (Read 178239 times)

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
Re: Brendan Rodgers: An Insight
« Reply #280 on: May 30, 2012, 07:17:12 pm »
with supporters like these , who needs enemies

I think it's the 'supporters' he's having a go at mate.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Lucas DuoFlush

• Legacy Fan
  • Bring Poulsy back!
« Reply #281 on: May 30, 2012, 07:17:19 pm »
FSG have appointed the man they think is the best man for the job. The man who they think will be most successful in the long term for our club. He also happens to be a lot of peoples third choice as manager and seems like a very promising manager in many respects. So us and FSG support him and we see how it goes. It is as simple as that.
"Bos non modo animal, sed etiam mater" Lordanem Henderson

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #282 on: May 30, 2012, 07:17:27 pm »
Will be interesting to see who he brings in as his support staff.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Lord Vader

• Birthday: fourth of May.
  • Anny Roader
  • Sith Master
« Reply #283 on: May 30, 2012, 07:17:33 pm »
i want him sacked, he's not good looking enough to be our manager...........

welcome brendan, i hope your successful enough to last longer than our last managers and treated as LFC managers should be by the supporters. (can you bring your goalie with you as well ;) )

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

Offline GeneticRed

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #284 on: May 30, 2012, 07:17:35 pm »
You saying its on Wikipedia is already on Wikipedia as well!
All our thoughts, past, present anf future are already on Wikipedia!

Offline mechinate

• Anny Roader
« Reply #285 on: May 30, 2012, 07:17:57 pm »
I preferred Swansea's football under Rodgers than Chelsea's under Luís André de Pina Cabral e Villas-Boas.

Good luck Brendan, you might need it but this could be where your career really takes off.

Did you watch Porto under Andres Villa Boas?

And more importantly, can Rodgers attract the same calibre of player as the former?

Offline Rob17

• Legacy Fan
  • The Ultimate Wingman
« Reply #286 on: May 30, 2012, 07:18:00 pm »
Really admiring your restraint Andy.

Shocking small time appointment by owners who are not fit to own our club.

I have no problem with Mr Rodgers and wish him well despite his affiliations with United and fondness for a man who many of us despise, Maureen.

I'll be wearing my Standards Corrupted shirt again...

There was an obvious better qualified candidate but the owners have demonstrated they are not big enough for the job. Really have no idea why there is not more disgust at this appointment and the owners already. This is more of the same ... nothing to see here ... No spending, no stadium, no communication with the fans and no support for Kenny and Luis over the Evra BS.

No doubt I'll get this post deleted and a permanent ban for expressing a heartfelt opinion with no expletives but I suppose RAWK is no longer the place for open honest debate.

Jesus christ get a grip mate, that Standards corrupted shirt was a protest about much deeper issues going on at the club at the time.  I have still got mine in my cupboard but will not be getting it out at the first decision i disagree with.

Give the guy a chance, give him our backing and it could be the start of something special.

Offline mariov77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: May 30, 2012, 07:18:17 pm »

I have no problem with Mr Rodgers and wish him well despite his affiliations with United and fondness for a man who many of us despise, Maureen.

There was an obvious better qualified candidate but the owners have demonstrated they are not big enough for the job. Really have no idea why there is not more disgust at this appointment and the owners already. This is more of the same ... nothing to see here ... No spending, no stadium, no communication with the fans and no support for Kenny and Luis over the Evra BS.

No doubt I'll get this post deleted and a permanent ban for expressing a heartfelt opinion with no expletives but I suppose RAWK is no longer the place for open honest debate.

I am not over the moon about the manager either , if the story is true. But I dont agree with the other comments about other more qualified managers.  I am not sure if you have any other inside information but how do you know what did the "other" managers asked in return.

Luís André de Pina Cabral e Villas-Boas (wow love the auto name) was somebody I would had preferred moving forwards as he has loads more experience but again we dont know what he demanded. Rafa , oh Rafa, I do really like him and I would love for him to be back but at the same time I would like to try something new.  You have some very valid points but we only know a small part of the story (what Whelan is tellng us) so I wont blame the owners , sponsors or anybody yet. 2 years ago we were about to bankrupt so I will be a bit more open for now..
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 07:20:29 pm by mariov77 »
The past was amazing the future looks scary...

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #288 on: May 30, 2012, 07:18:53 pm »
Will be interesting to see who he brings in as his support staff.
Yep. That should be interesting.

Offline Ikki.Fenikkusu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #289 on: May 30, 2012, 07:19:27 pm »
I want Rodgers to be a success, a great one. But I doubt it. If it doesn't work out he won't get the criticism, the owners will. And rightly. They have been negligent in their conduct in getting a manager - disgracefully so.

I am greatly underwhelmed and think we are taking far too many risks for a club with our ambition.

Offline koptician

• Legacy Fan
  • Hail to the King!
« Reply #290 on: May 30, 2012, 07:19:57 pm »
I will give him all the backing possible, I think he will need it and for sure he is the last person to blame.

I just cannot take this overall mood on how we somehow HAD to go for this option as there was no other possiblity, 4th out of reach anyway and stuff like that.

It would have been possible to get CL football back within the next two seasons with a manager like Rafa or van Gaal together with three top signings. Together with the name and the reputation of them both it would have been possible to attract three top additions by convincing them with the Liverpool way.

I will be curious of the goals of NESV being announcend at the beginning of next seaon. If the call out top 4 then I honestly wonder who is advising them. Having a lot of fun, I suppose..

Sums up my feelings to a T

Offline hansen6

• RAWK Scientific Officer, 1687-1905
  • Legacy Fan
  • Must post more
« Reply #291 on: May 30, 2012, 07:20:28 pm »
Swansea play great football and I think it's a good appointment, let's see how he gets on.

Offline cammier

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #292 on: May 30, 2012, 07:21:15 pm »
Very encouraging to read that the majority are behind our new manager. Now let us look forward to whatever the new season holds for us and get behind Brendan and whoever else turns up. Let us put the Rafa and Kenny years to bed, both great servants of the club but now time to look forward and not backwards. I have a nice warm feeling that we will be seeing some smooth football being played at Anfield next season rather than the cross-pitch passing without penetration of late. YNWA

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
« Reply #293 on: May 30, 2012, 07:22:09 pm »
From all the names being bandied about and some of the 'minefield' managers like LMA arse kissing bastards to shithouses like O'Neill, Mourinho and the like - I think this is a decent appointment. Always comes across well from what I've read. Seems to have his head screwed on. Likes his teams to play football and a bit of a blank page waiting to be written.

I can't see why anyone would have it in for the lad - he's made so few ripples that it wouldn't make sense. I'd rather have someone like this than someone like Martinez with his LMA/Ferguson/Sky/Media arse kissing.

From what I've read - he's his own man and does his own thing.

That's the way I'm thinking. FSG - clean slate. New business - Clean slate. New Director of football and back stage men - Clean state and new Manager - clean slate.

History is there to be written. Let's just hope he gets time to do his stuff. The most important now for FSG is not to turn into a fucking revolving door shower of c*nts. We NEED stability. We've started again. So let's fucking start again.

This man if he's appointed should be in the job five years come what may. Good. Bad. Indifferent. Give the lad a chance and give the lad time.

I'm well behind BR.  Could be a class act and a massive success at LFC.  But this 5 year thing ain't going to happen mate.  The Terms of reference are Champions League football.  After the departure of the King, surely the owners can't have made that any clearer to everybody concerned?

We are Liverpool.  We should be in the Champions League.  Fook me we own it!  lol

That's where the money is and that is where we have to be.  Despite some of us declaring last season that finishing 8th didn't matter......it clearly did!  ;)

Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Offline TLW 84

• Kopite
« Reply #294 on: May 30, 2012, 07:23:15 pm »
"Seemed". And speak for yourself.
So you knew all about Rafa Benitez and his history when we were linked with him did you?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #295 on: May 30, 2012, 07:23:24 pm »

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #296 on: May 30, 2012, 07:23:40 pm »

You cannot be serious!
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline GeneticRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #297 on: May 30, 2012, 07:23:57 pm »
Some really bad dicks on this site these days, there really is. If things don't fit their opinion then they can't help but have a good moan, as if they're all qualified experts on how to run, and who to employ to help run an entire football club from the senior squad downwards.

I'm happy with Rodgers' appointment, and I'll be even more enthused if Van Gaal comes on board too. Add Segura to the mix as well and we could have a very promising management structure going forward. But then again, what would I know? I'm not fit to run a football club, a bit like FSG, according to some of the gloomy dicks on here

Welcome Brendan. I'm sure you'll be a success here
Fascinating choice of insults.

Offline CLOCKSPEED

• his processor is underclocked
  • Kopite
« Reply #298 on: May 30, 2012, 07:24:40 pm »
When you have owners willing to spend and some of the players we have, top four is very achievable.

When you have Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Bellamy, Suarez etc - top four is a very achieveable aim!

Take your points but Chelsea finished 6th and have bought Hazard and Marin. City excellent squad couple of loopers but can turf them out and by the best available. Utd money making machine . Arsenal the same. for me they are the top four for next 4-5 years. Just saying give Rodgers time bring players from the lower divisions/reserves in enjoy our football for 2-3 years and play good football. My guess the target this year was top four and the whole club suffered due to us striving towards this goal. Kenny knew he was out if we did not make it and I believe it showed in our standard of play post January and the chances we missed. Too much was asked of Kenny too quick but I think he knew he was on a hiding to nothing and the way Arsenal started last year we had a chink of hope quite simply VP started to fire for them something which we did not have. Anyway I digress back to Brendan all the best son by the sounds of it on here you are going to need it.

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: May 30, 2012, 07:24:57 pm »

i want him sacked, he's not good looking enough to be our manager...........

Sir Bob Paisley should never have had a look-in then...

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #300 on: May 30, 2012, 07:25:25 pm »
I want Rodgers to be a success, a great one. But I doubt it. If it doesn't work out he won't get the criticism, the owners will. And rightly. They have been negligent in their conduct in getting a manager - disgracefully so.

I am greatly underwhelmed and think we are taking far too many risks for a club with our ambition.

How?
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #301 on: May 30, 2012, 07:25:28 pm »
So you knew all about Rafa Benitez and his history when we were linked with him did you?
Yes.

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
  • He hits them from 40 yards...
« Reply #302 on: May 30, 2012, 07:25:49 pm »
This quote from our new manager excites me: "I like teams to control and dominate the ball, so the players are hungry for the ball. You'll see in some of our exercises this morning, a lot of our work is around the transition and getting the ball back very quickly. Because I believe if you give a bad player time, he can play. If you give a good player time, he can kill you. So our emphasis is based around our positioning both with and without the ball. And for us, when we press well, we pass well."

Arguably we have more "good players" at Liverpool than he did at Swansea. Will be interesting to see how his philosophy translates.
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05
               YNWA

Offline smj86

• Sad Wanker
  • Main Stander
« Reply #303 on: May 30, 2012, 07:26:30 pm »
Sir Brendan Rodgers in 10 years time anyone? This could be a stroke of genius. He's learnt the game from the right people and despite his young age, hes had alot of experience in management. If Mourinho trusted him then i trust him
“When they start talking and talking about us, it shows they are worried about playing Liverpool,”

Rafael Benitez

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #304 on: May 30, 2012, 07:27:14 pm »

Quite a few of us did, considering his sides had torn us to shreds twice competitively, and he had won La Liga with Valencia.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: May 30, 2012, 07:27:20 pm »
If this appointment is authenticated, I hope van Gaal is just a rumour. I don't think BR needs a bonkers megalomaniac DoF.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #306 on: May 30, 2012, 07:27:42 pm »
You know since his massive moan-a-thon last week. Andy@Allerton has been making some brilliant  posts of this site. Well in lad. :)

Offline Danny_

• Amnesiac_
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: May 30, 2012, 07:27:50 pm »
I am totally agains this appointment and fear for our future but if it is confirmed, then he's our guy and we have to support and give him a chance.  I hope he proves us all wrong.  This is a big risk, some might say a really stupid one when we have a proven candidate with a track record of spending money extremely wisely, something crucial for our future success.  Nonetheless, who knows.  Rodgers might turn out to be the next Shankly although I wouldn't be putting my money on it.

Offline Red Ste1970

• Kemlynite
  • Stevie Heighway- I was named after him
« Reply #308 on: May 30, 2012, 07:28:07 pm »
You saying its on Wikipedia is already on Wikipedia as well!
Ha Ha looks like it doesnt it..... ::)

Offline Thé_Ḓárk_P̌áşşéngér

• RAWK Revolutionary.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Guns don't kill people, chimps do!
« Reply #309 on: May 30, 2012, 07:28:44 pm »
If he's our new manager then he has my full backing, although I'm still very undecided as to whether it's a good appointment or not.
“Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.”

Offline Skrtelonparole

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: May 30, 2012, 07:28:58 pm »
Would have loved to see Rafa finish what he started, but will back Rodgers all the way!

Welcome to Liverpool!!

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: May 30, 2012, 07:29:11 pm »
I'm well behind BR. 

Hasn't officially signed yet and he's had his name shortened to two letters. If you're not going to give him a good hip hop name like BD-Rogesy, grant him the moniker  The BRaboy. Will he become BRaman? Coming to a theatre near you in May 2013. 
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 07:34:37 pm by surfer »

Offline flying pig

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop '
« Reply #312 on: May 30, 2012, 07:29:19 pm »
Really excited by this appointment. Not sure if I'll be able to contain myself if we also appoint Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal and promote Segura. Onwards and upwards, and for the naysayers - keep the faith.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #313 on: May 30, 2012, 07:29:24 pm »
He was my first choice. Said to some friends before Kenny was sacked that Rodgers would be the next Liverpool manager. Wish I'd put some bloody money on it.

Pleased. Think he's the right choice.

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
  • He hits them from 40 yards...
« Reply #314 on: May 30, 2012, 07:29:36 pm »
If this appointment is authenticated, I hope van Gaal is just a rumour. I don't think BR needs a bonkers megalomaniac DoF.

But they have a relationship, no? Could be worth a shout. He studied under the bloke.
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05
               YNWA

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: May 30, 2012, 07:31:38 pm »

what use is ambition if you're not willing to take chances?

Offline Bouncer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • "It's not my ego, it's my responsibility" Benitez
« Reply #316 on: May 30, 2012, 07:31:41 pm »
Jesus christ get a grip mate, that Standards corrupted shirt was a protest about much deeper issues going on at the club at the time.  I have still got mine in my cupboard but will not be g
You cannot be serious!
etting it out at the first decision i disagree with.

Damn right ...
You cannot be serious!
Give the guy a chance, give him our backing and it could be the start of something special.

Damn right I will be wearing it ... Ask SOS about communications ... Pollyanna !
Gatusso says that Liverpool play too many long balls?

I don’t think he watches many Liverpool games, the same way I don’t watch many Milan games. (Rafa)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #317 on: May 30, 2012, 07:31:51 pm »
Hasn't officially signed yet and he's had his name sbortened to two letters. If you're not going to give him a good hip hop name like BD-Rogesy, grant him the moniker  The BRaboy. Will he become BRaman? Coming to a theatre near you in May 2013. 

Buck!

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #318 on: May 30, 2012, 07:32:01 pm »
Like Roy, he'll be given a chance. Unlike Roy, I actually have high hopes.

Welcome Brendad and best of luck, you've filling the King's boots, no pressure. Your first move, hijack Swansea's move for Gylfi Sigurðsson... or is this already a done deal?

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: May 30, 2012, 07:33:08 pm »
But they have a relationship, no? Could be worth a shout. He studied under the bloke.

he has studied his methods hasn't he?
Rodgers would probably be pinching himself to be working with Van Gaal.
there could be the potential for a really good team there.