Author Topic: Brendan Rodgers: An Insight  (Read 177992 times)

Offline YnWa99

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Tidy Darts
Re: Brendan Rodgers: An Insight
« Reply #400 on: May 30, 2012, 08:27:19 pm »
No. That if he is failing we remove him early - not as you suggested and give him 5 years to show he can't hack it.

Define failing.  What if we're improving all the time and he goes on to do a bacon-face from year 6 onwards? 
"I think I have said it before, but there is no one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club." King Kenny, 1 Feb '11

Offline What's the procedure Mr Mod?

• A custom title is the bit that may appear around about here...and believe me, you've got off lightly! Likes a bit of Bottom.
  • Kopite
  • #Lucasisboss
« Reply #401 on: May 30, 2012, 08:28:38 pm »
Genius, if he is brilliant then great, we keep him. I am contesting the idiotic logic that we keep him for 5 years if he is failing.

And how did you deduce that?

Define 'failing'...

Damn, beaten to it.
Twitter me: https://twitter.com/#!/BenLetcher

Justice for the 96 - you'll never walk alone.

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
  • He hits them from 40 yards...
« Reply #402 on: May 30, 2012, 08:28:40 pm »

Because the guy hasn't even been officially announced and you're already laying out what should be done if he fails. I don't think I'm going out on a limb to say maybe that's why?  ???
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05
               YNWA

Offline Crazynumber9

• Legacy Fan
  • Be afraid!
« Reply #403 on: May 30, 2012, 08:28:48 pm »
Welcome Brendan, I hope he is ready for the biggest job of his life! I'm not going to pretend I wanted him, no my heart was set on getting Rafa back. However now that he is here, its time to stop the moaning and do what we really should be doing which is supporting the manager and players. This place has turned into the written version of Talksport, where every muppet seems to think their word is gospel.

Rodgers has a lot to prove and learn and I'm sure the guy knows that, what he needs is support. I hope he has been given 2 years at least to mold the team, to get them to play his way which I find very pleasing on the eye. He will make mistakes (so did Kenny and Rafa) but he deserves this chance. I have a good feeling about him and I hope today is the start of a very bright future for Rodgers and Liverpool Football Club.
Proudly an internet terrorist since 2010!

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: May 30, 2012, 08:28:58 pm »
You know since his massive moan-a-thon last week. Andy@Allerton has been making some brilliant  posts of this site. Well in lad. :)

Easily suckered in by his thinly veiled swipes at the whole process then. This season was "one to build on" after Kenny finished 7th after 1.5 years in charge. But new manager means we're now looking at up to 20 years for a title challenge according to old Andy.

He's trolled you well though.

Offline Pheel

• Look into my eyes...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jerzy............Legend
« Reply #405 on: May 30, 2012, 08:29:02 pm »
If the reports are true, Welcome to LFC Brendan. Please do these things. Work hard, really hard, Be inspired by the tradition of our great-club and not hamstrung. See the greats of our past not as a threat, but as a font of knowledge/inspiration/ permission to play.  Love the club/ Remember the 96. Study Shanks/Sir Bob/Kenny/Ged/Roy/Rafa. Make your own moves. Respect and satisfy the directors.. Above all else connect with the fans.  They will carry you when needed, and push you on when appropriate. Show you care you will be loved, Win, you will be beatified.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 08:30:39 pm by pheel »
Better today than yesterday...........
           even better tomorrow.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: May 30, 2012, 08:29:06 pm »
The key question for me is...

Is he part of the LMA?
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline lfcshaunod

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #407 on: May 30, 2012, 08:29:14 pm »
Genius, if he is brilliant than great, we keep him. I am contesting the idiotic logic that we keep him for 5 years if he is failing.

But what for?! What the fuck are you moaning for?!

He has done a brilliant job at Swansea, and he seems to play a lovely style of football. These are the facts.

So why are you creating future scenarios to prematurely cry about?

Villas Boas was an unknown until he started to win things. What gives you the impression Rodgers wont do the same?
I'M NOT NED STARK'S BASTARD!!!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #408 on: May 30, 2012, 08:29:33 pm »
So you'd forgo finding a solution quicker to later, so you don't disturb the sensibilities of neutrals? This kind of logic is not conducive to success.

Swapping your fucking manager every fucking five minutes is certainly not conducive to success.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Red Crown

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #409 on: May 30, 2012, 08:29:59 pm »
Good luck to him, he'll need it.  And while we're at it good luck to us too I guess.

Offline Red Crown

• Kopite
« Reply #410 on: May 30, 2012, 08:30:39 pm »
Swapping your fucking manager every fucking five minutes is certainly not conducive to success.

Real Madrid and Chelsea say hi.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #411 on: May 30, 2012, 08:31:18 pm »
Easily suckered in by his thinly veiled swipes at the whole process then. This season was "one to build on" after Kenny finished 7th after 1.5 years in charge. But new manager means we're now looking at up to 20 years for a title challenge according to old Andy.

He's trolled you well though.

It might take that long. It's taken 20 years so far. Clubs around us are investing more heavily and have more funds.

If we want to compete then it's going to be a long haul unless things change.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #412 on: May 30, 2012, 08:31:20 pm »
You expect too much. I'd reign your hopes in otherwise you are going to have a pretty unhappy season.

Chelsea are recruiting a new manager and will spend big this season. Manchester City will break the bank again. Spurs will recruit. Even Arsenal are bying and if reports are to be believed then Manchester United will be spending megabucks to catch up again.

On top of that you've got other ambitious clubs floating around the midtable and up mark.

We can't compete with the experience of the mangers in place (Except Chelsea who will be bringing a big name in) and we will be nowhere near competing with any of the major spending clubs - I'd guess our whole budget will be dwarfed by one or two signings from those clubs.

Then you've got more upheaveal at the club - all the sackings will take their toll. There is no way that a few months is going to be enough for everyone new to instantly gel and everything to fall into place. It won't happen. The manager will take time to settle. The players that stay will take time to settle. New signings will take time to settle and the Director of Football and all the other appointments will take a few seasons to work well together.

I'd say that three years should be where we are looking for early signs of us moving forward. Four years and we should be nearly there and five years we should be thinking about challenging for the top four spots. After that, depending on how many managers we go through and how the business side performs maybe anything from five to twenty years to try and have a tilt at the title.

We're in it for the long run now. We've started again. That takes time. Lots of time.

I cannot really disagree with what you say and it quite possibly may come to pass. It all depends on the owners and their patience. I know fans will turn on the manager but when will the owners cave in, we have to see. The time taken to get competitive again depends on how much money the owners put in, how many players we can retain and in the end how well the manager integrates the old with the new.
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline Ikki.Fenikkusu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #413 on: May 30, 2012, 08:31:35 pm »
Because the guy hasn't even been officially announced and you're already laying out what should be done if he fails. I don't think I'm going out on a limb to say maybe that's why?  ???

Maybe I should have provided the quote instead of generally aiming my criticism somewhere. Here is the post I am really responding to, and the kind of logic I have absolutely no time for.

This man if he's appointed should be in the job five years come what may. Good. Bad. Indifferent. Give the lad a chance and give the lad time.

LFC is not about giving Brendan Rodgers a chance, over 5 years, to do what he does, other than to succeed. It isn't about Brendan Rodgers improving his managerial credentials. It is about LFC improving, winning, and challenging for titles again.

But keeping him for 5 years, even if he is a failure is? Unbelievable.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 08:33:06 pm by Ikki.Fenikkusu »

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: May 30, 2012, 08:31:37 pm »
Define 'failing'...

Damn, beaten to it.

Should be given the same amount of time as Kenny had. If there's no improvement at the end of next season, get rid. We might as well, given that it appears we're becoming a club that sacks its manager on a whim.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #415 on: May 30, 2012, 08:31:37 pm »
gutted kenny went.....wanted Rafa.....but nevermind we got Brendan.......

fuck it, im in.......come on you red men

Offline tinkertailor

• ...Beggarman. Thief!
  • Kopite
« Reply #416 on: May 30, 2012, 08:32:16 pm »

Roman Abramovic and the Spanish taxpayer say hello, and where's all our money gone.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #417 on: May 30, 2012, 08:32:20 pm »

Read Madrid. Unlimited funds.

Chelsea. Unlimited funds.

I did say this earlier in the thread.

LFC. Not unlimited funds.

It's not hard.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #418 on: May 30, 2012, 08:33:28 pm »
Maybe I should have provided the quote instead of generally aiming my criticism somewhere. Here is the post I am really responding to, and the kind of logic I have absolutely no time for.

LFC is not about giving Brendan Rodgers a chance, over 5 years, to do what he does, other than to succeed. It isn't about Brendan Rodgers improving his managerial credentials. It is about LFC improving, winning, and challenging for titles again.

But keeping him for 5 years, even if he is a failure is? Unbelievable.

If we swap our next manager within a season or two then there is no way we'll be challenging for anything ever.

Offline YnWa99

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Tidy Darts
« Reply #419 on: May 30, 2012, 08:34:14 pm »
Should be given the same amount of time as Kenny had. If there's no improvement at the end of next season, get rid. We might as well, given that it appears we're becoming a club that sacks its manager on a whim.

End of next season as in end of 2012/13?  One season in the job?
"I think I have said it before, but there is no one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club." King Kenny, 1 Feb '11

Offline koppite118

• Main Stander
« Reply #420 on: May 30, 2012, 08:35:14 pm »
Welcome to Anfield Brendan - a new era and a fresh start !!!!!

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: May 30, 2012, 08:35:40 pm »

Especially when you don't have the finances to ditch players and buy a whole new set every 18 months!

Look how many millions City spent on players that Mancini didn't want when he replaced Hughes. So then not only did they spent another huge amount of Mancini's players but had to give players they'd spent millions on away on loan. We know how expensive that it by our own experience with Aquaman.

On our budget we're going to have to build a side over time to compete with the teams at the top. We can't just buy our way up the league in a season or two. So lets give Rodgers the time and support to build something and then judge if its strong enough after its built.

Tika-Taka at Anfield and we aren't even playing Barca. Interesting times ahead.  :)
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: May 30, 2012, 08:36:01 pm »
Absolutely made up with him to be honest.

Great for a youth development because theres a couple of lads down there; that are perfect for his style of play (Suso/Adorjan).

Word of caution though, we can't expect tiki taka football straight away, we just haven't got the first team players for it, yet!

Welcome Brendan.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: May 30, 2012, 08:36:06 pm »
You expect too much. I'd reign your hopes in otherwise you are going to have a pretty unhappy season.

Chelsea are recruiting a new manager and will spend big this season. Manchester City will break the bank again. Spurs will recruit. Even Arsenal are bying and if reports are to be believed then Manchester United will be spending megabucks to catch up again.

On top of that you've got other ambitious clubs floating around the midtable and up mark.

We can't compete with the experience of the mangers in place (Except Chelsea who will be bringing a big name in) and we will be nowhere near competing with any of the major spending clubs - I'd guess our whole budget will be dwarfed by one or two signings from those clubs.

Then you've got more upheaveal at the club - all the sackings will take their toll. There is no way that a few months is going to be enough for everyone new to instantly gel and everything to fall into place. It won't happen. The manager will take time to settle. The players that stay will take time to settle. New signings will take time to settle and the Director of Football and all the other appointments will take a few seasons to work well together.

I'd say that three years should be where we are looking for early signs of us moving forward. Four years and we should be nearly there and five years we should be thinking about challenging for the top four spots. After that, depending on how many managers we go through and how the business side performs maybe anything from five to twenty years to try and have a tilt at the title.

We're in it for the long run now. We've started again. That takes time. Lots of time.

We should really be challenging for top 4 from the off. At least getting much closer than we have been lately.

Given the teams around us, it's not realistic to set a 'get 4th or your sacked' ultimatum but it definitely shouldn't take 5 years to get back there to be honest.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Ikki.Fenikkusu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #424 on: May 30, 2012, 08:36:09 pm »
If we swap our next manager within a season or two then there is no way we'll be challenging for anything ever.

Brendan Rodgers has not earned the right to fail two consecutive seasons and to get a third to prove if he can hack it. You've said give him 5?!?!

If the alternatives are giving him 5 years to fail, and him failing badly in 6 months, I'd rather the latter so that we can move on quickly without wasting our time and risking our health. That is what I am saying, and I am disputing your illogical and unreasonable assumptions on what will garner success.

Offline Red Crown

• Kopite
« Reply #425 on: May 30, 2012, 08:36:29 pm »
Read Madrid. Unlimited funds.

Chelsea. Unlimited funds.

I did say this earlier in the thread.

LFC. Not unlimited funds.

It's not hard.

So if it's a question of funds; what purpose does your (erroneous) generalisation serve then?

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
« Reply #426 on: May 30, 2012, 08:36:36 pm »

Really?  Chelsea did alright with two managers this season!

;D
Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: May 30, 2012, 08:37:47 pm »
good to have an Irishman back in the job, the first since 1896!

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
  • He hits them from 40 yards...
« Reply #428 on: May 30, 2012, 08:39:43 pm »
Brendan Rodgers has not earned the right to fail two consecutive seasons and to get a third to prove if he can hack it. You've said give him 5?!?!

If the alternatives are giving him 5 years to fail, and him failing badly in 6 months, I'd rather the latter so that we can move on quickly without wasting our time and risking our health. That is what I am saying, and I am disputing your illogical and unreasonable assumptions on what will garner success.

6 months? I bet the Mancs wish they ditched Whiskey Nose after his horrendous start to life at Old Crappard.
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05
               YNWA

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #429 on: May 30, 2012, 08:40:02 pm »
carra must be shitting himself at the thought of not being able to do this anymore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUSpjZEhNU8

Offline PowderKeg

• Main Stander
« Reply #430 on: May 30, 2012, 08:40:14 pm »
Er. OK. Well Welcome to Liverpool FC whoever you are.

Honestly know nothing at all about the man. Not who he's played for or anything about him.

Time to Google our new manager I guess.

The fact you claim to follow football and don't know who he is says it all.

Welcome to LFC Brendan Rodgers...Some of us will definitely support you

Offline lfcshaunod

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #431 on: May 30, 2012, 08:40:24 pm »

Instead of looking at it as five years to fail, you could look at it as five years to massively succeed.

Depends if your a moaning bastard or not I guess.

United gave Ferguson time. They have turned out alright.
I'M NOT NED STARK'S BASTARD!!!

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Brendan Rodgers: An Insight
« Reply #432 on: May 30, 2012, 08:41:30 pm »

Two wrongs make a right?
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: May 30, 2012, 08:41:52 pm »

Isn't it better for the sacking of Kenny to be a one off. Why does it have to set a precedent? A precedent none of us want. Because Kenny was treated slightly harshly, Liverpool football club should treat every manager harshly otherwise it wouldn't be fair. What kind of attitude is that?
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: May 30, 2012, 08:42:06 pm »
quite happy with Brenden

Was a little dissapointed it wasn't Rafa. And how Kenny wasn't given more time.( if lucas hadn't got injured, we would have been challenging for 4th)
but seems like a good appointment to get us back to pass and move football

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #435 on: May 30, 2012, 08:42:15 pm »
So the big question is then, has he got the bollocks to drop Carra?
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Ikki.Fenikkusu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #436 on: May 30, 2012, 08:42:50 pm »
6 months? I bet the Mancs wish they ditched Whiskey Nose after his horrendous start to life at Old Crappard.

In the beginning I was unsure if I was framing the discussion properly, now I think you have reading comprehension problems. The Ferguson allusion is not apt because you are talking about an end where the manager was a success. Andy is talking about a scenario where we keep him for 5 years, despite not succeeding. Get it?

So if you have two realities with the same outcome - the manager fails - why, in the hell, would you want to wait 5 years before changing him if you could change him in 6 months? It is a nonsensical comparison - no logical person thinking of the club's success would pick the former over the latter.

Instead of looking at it as five years to fail, you could look at it as five years to massively succeed.

Depends if your a moaning bastard or not I guess.

United gave Ferguson time. They have turned out alright.

See the above.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: May 30, 2012, 08:43:46 pm »
Isn't it better for the sacking of Kenny to be a one off. Why does it have to set a precedent? A precedent none of us want. Because Kenny was treated slightly harshly, Liverpool football club should treat every manager harshly otherwise it wouldn't be fair. What kind of attitude is that?

Well if Rodgers achieves less than Kenny did this season, do you really think he should stay on as manager?

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
« Reply #438 on: May 30, 2012, 08:43:47 pm »

Its beyond belief we are using Rodgers with the word ''failure'' before he has even taken the job...unreal.

Offline Ikki.Fenikkusu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #439 on: May 30, 2012, 08:45:13 pm »
Its beyond belief we are using Rodgers with the word ''failure'' before he has even taken the job...unreal.

Learn to read the rest of the discussion before commenting, thanks. You stop wasting your time and mine.