Author Topic: Suarez gets it spot on  (Read 32700 times)

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
Re: Suarez gets it spot on
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2012, 05:58:59 pm »
Calling Jen! Calling Jen!!  Action stations! Action stations! Calling Jen!!

:lmao
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Rossie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2012, 06:01:25 pm »
I want to hear Dave Whelan's take on this.
;D cheers for that, best laugh I've had all day!
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."  Rafa Benitez, 01/Nov/'10.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2012, 06:02:19 pm »
Russia Today is always stirring the pot.
It wouldn't surprise me if they are just using Luis as a means of having a pop at the FA, after all that grief over the 2018 World Cup voting a while back.

Offline mullerbugs

• Kemlynite
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2012, 06:04:17 pm »
I doubt our PR obsessed owners will be too happy with this,he'll probably get sold for a striker that gives non-controversial friendly interviews.

Thats the point if they'd gotten off their backsides and employed a proper PR team to deal with this we wouldnt have got the globally poor exposure that we recieved. Both Terry and Messi have had similar allegations with none of the repurcussions in fact both stories died a death.
Suarez was an easy target due to his past and yet we allowed it to be handled in such an amateur like fashion.

Offline RedHopper

• Hopping to a mightily lofty position and enjoying the view. If only custom titles could be in proportion to the member's average post length? My, what fun we could have! Imagine the sheer edification to be derived from testing the character limi
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2012, 06:08:20 pm »
oh for god's sake, I only started posting because I saw that title, and I'm afraid that this means he's going to leave. This is a very bad thing to happen. If the FA take action against him again, and you know what they are like, I can see him go. He clearly means what he says and he firmly believes it, so how will he respond to another disciplinary charge?

And I'm not a windup merchant, I just want this to stop. This has been an absolute disaster from beginning to end. This is just one of those situations in life where you can't win. The club recognize that at some point everyone is convinced, and fighting on only makes a bad situation worse. And you can kind of see their point. The best thing is to move on. For better or worse, pretty much everyone at the club has been fired, so it is time to start again with a clean slate.  2011-12 didn't go so well, but 2012-13 is going to be a bright new day. And now this comes up again.

The news should be all about the new manager and what he is going to be doing, but what do you think they'll be talking about instead?

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2012, 06:11:09 pm »
I don't care about that. what's done is done. His responsibility is to liverpool football club, and they have said that it is over. he can talk about it when he retires, or when he is at another club, but he's a professional footballer, and he has a duty to keep his mouth shut, so we can all move on. Nothing he says is going to change anyone's mind. There's no point. it just makes us look bad to keep this going.

We might love Luis for what he does on the pitch, but he has a duty to act in the interests of the club, and he's not doing that. Instead of cheering him on, we should be calling him on it. Are we primarily liverpool fans, or luis suarez fans?

For instance, I wasn't very impressed with the whole handshake business either. The club wanted him to shake evra's hand so everyone could move on, he told the manager he was going to shake his hand, and having done that, he should have tried to force evra to shake his hand. Instead it didn't happen, and king kenny was made look very bad in an interview, and it only made the situation worse. Whatever about the rights and wrongs, his duty as a professional, and as an employee of liverpool football club was to grab evra's hand. He allowed a bad situation to happen.

I will be deeply unimpressed with him if he's trying to engineer a move after all of the support he has received. He owes us the fans who have shown him nothing but unconditional love, and the club who pay him so handsomely and supported him to the hilt.

He was under no obligation to shake Evra's hand.  Personally, i would have done the same thing - in fact I would have made it clear beforehand that I didn't want to shake his hand.

Nothing to suggest that he's trying to do that so you can fuck off with that bullshit.    :wanker

'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline liverpoolfan1

• Kopite
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2012, 06:20:05 pm »
oh for god's sake, I only started posting because I saw that title, and I'm afraid that this means he's going to leave. This is a very bad thing to happen. If the FA take action against him again, and you know what they are like, I can see him go. He clearly means what he says and he firmly believes it, so how will he respond to another disciplinary charge?

And I'm not a windup merchant, I just want this to stop. This has been an absolute disaster from beginning to end. This is just one of those situations in life where you can't win. The club recognize that at some point everyone is convinced, and fighting on only makes a bad situation worse. And you can kind of see their point. The best thing is to move on. For better or worse, pretty much everyone at the club has been fired, so it is time to start again with a clean slate.  2011-12 didn't go so well, but 2012-13 is going to be a bright new day. And now this comes up again.

The news should be all about the new manager and what he is going to be doing, but what do you think they'll be talking about instead?

4 posts in your entire time here and all in this thread. I wonder why?

And are you the one who has been branded a racist? If so then feel free to tell Suarez off for trying to clear his name. Otherwise if you really "just want this to stop" my first suggestion would be to ignore this thread.

:wave
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are."

Bill Shankly

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2012, 06:21:13 pm »

Understand mate, but personally I think he has every right to defend himself, particularly given barely a day goes by without some reference to racism and Suarez (e.g. "Joey Barton only assaulted something and got 12 whole games, whereas Suarez committed a much worse crime"). I think it's grossly unfair to expect him to just grin and bear it.

Offline East of Anfield

• Kopite
  • Singaporean Red
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2012, 06:22:07 pm »

Bet when this thred gets lock or forgotten,we won't see him/her posting ever again

Offline petecolonia

• Anny Roader
  • Left of the Sinking Ship
    • Northern Independence Party
« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2012, 06:28:22 pm »
Can't believe all the Liverpool fans who still can't see that this should be a non-issue
Bunch of centrist wetwipes - Watching Britain sink into obscurity.

Keir Starmer will tank hard. Alan X says I'm a bore, but at least I don't mod forums. That's just sad.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2012, 06:29:03 pm »
Well said Luis,
bollocks

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2012, 06:33:44 pm »
I'm interested to hear why people think he was stitched up or totally innocent and convicted without any proof. Suarez did admit to using the word negro to Evra, a slur that we commonly accept as being racist when used in a heated confrontation or fight, which the two were certainly locked in at the time.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2012, 06:34:13 pm »
Well in Luis, perfectly entitled to air his side of events. Fuck Patrice Evra, fuck the F.A.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2012, 06:35:54 pm »
Can't believe all the Liverpool fans who still can't see that this should be a non-issue

I think Suarez would like nothing else... for the world to accept that there was no racist intent anywhere, whatsoever, in any way, at all.

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2012, 06:36:54 pm »
I'm interested to hear why people think he was stitched up or totally innocent and convicted without any proof. Suarez did admit to using the word negro to Evra, a slur that we commonly accept as being racist when used in a heated confrontation or fight, which the two were certainly locked in at the time.

::)
"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."
~~Ray K, on Luis Suarez (Liverpool 5 - Norwich 1)

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2012, 06:38:51 pm »
I think Suarez would like nothing else... for the world to accept that there was no racist intent anywhere, whatsoever, in any way, at all.
I don't think he is a racist, and I don't think anyone does barring that tabloid that ran the sensationalist "racist" headline. He admitted to using an insult that easily be taken to be racist in the circumstances though, that's pretty open and shut to me.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2012, 06:39:00 pm »

English vs Spanish mate. If by "we" you mean English speakers, then maybe. When a frenchman is talking to someone in poor Spanish, and the Spanish speaker says something else in Spanish, you can't judge the Spanish words by what they mean in English. Makes no sense. Enough circumstantial evidence to backup that Suarez would not have any intent also.

Anyway, thread risks going off rails if this particular aspect of the discussion continues. For now let's try to keep it to Suarez' right to protest his innocence (or alternatively, the club's right to silence him).

Offline CANADAlglish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2012, 06:45:49 pm »
Was right behind him then and I'm right behind him now.

A complete stitch up.

too right.
get in Luis.

Offline Garcepticon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2012, 06:46:31 pm »
Why bring this up again? Seriously what is the point?

Suarez needs to let this drop.

Offline Pendzo

• Kopite
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2012, 06:46:40 pm »
Was right behind him then and I'm right behind him now.

A complete stitch up.

100%.

Fucking well in Luis. YNWA.

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2012, 06:47:12 pm »
While I agree with everything he has said, I really don't think he should be giving an interview like this.  That war is over and the only people that will get hurt if this can of worms re-opens are Suarez and LFC.

It's the kind of thing that belongs in a memoir after you retire.

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2012, 06:47:36 pm »
"Found guilty" suggests that there was evidence. There wasn't. Only one mans word against another. "Found guilty" Suggests that he was tried in a fair and just manner. He wasn't. Three men with various agendas decided something not supported by a scrap of evidence. "Found guilty" suggests that a process was followed. It wasn't. They just locked themselves away, coached their only witness and then used that coaching to unfairly decide a load of shite.

No one is arguing about that. The point is this:

Suárez re-opens Evra race row

That's the how the Guardian is leading with the story, not even bothering to look what the normal rags are saying. Do we want to go into next season with this mess still hanging over us? Is it beneficial somehow to Liverpool FC? Is it going to help us at the moment when we are getting a new manager in and rebuilding the back room staff?

The reopening of this issue is the last thing that we need to worry about right now.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2012, 06:48:19 pm »
what about the whole 'i kicked you because you're black, i dont talk to blacks' bit, you know the bit that the language experts said was bizarre and the only evidence is mr evra (despite not mentioning this after speaking to the ref) and a bizarre interpretation of a video clip where you cannot see what either man is saying

and if memory serves me right you'll find the language experts also said suarez's version wasnt racist and the more plausible of the two accounts, but 3 english people know far more than people who have a knowledge of the language

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2012, 06:51:57 pm »
What a player.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: May 25, 2012, 06:52:38 pm »
He should have just said "Evra's a c*nt." No court in the land would convict.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Acaustiq

• Statistically the biggest dick waver and has quotes to prove it. Bitter revisionist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Finally, Danone Actimel cured him.
« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2012, 06:55:12 pm »

The FA failed to establish mens rea which is what the whole notion of racism hinges on, indeed before the hearing began they decided that contra to the law the rule in question derives from (public order act of 1986) they wouldn't need to establish intent at all; and they'd just throw out hundreds of years worth of judicial precedent because they can.
When your Mum used to pick you up from school and you'd run out and be like 'Mummy I got 9/10 in the spelling test today', would she go 'phenomenal, son'.

Cos if she did she's a stupid fuck.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2012, 06:58:18 pm »
It's not "over" at all

Stop saying that. Ask him. It's not over for him. He's still getting thousands of people calling him racist.

Luis Suarez 100%, I'll support him even after he's left the club. He's been well and truly fcked by a mixture of bad media handling and a witch-hunt.

Offline aliverbirduponmychest

• Kopite
  • A team that plays total football.
« Reply #107 on: May 25, 2012, 06:59:34 pm »
Hi guys. Long time lurker, first time poster.

When I read that article, my heart sank. Whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation, it was an immensely damaging incident for Liverpool FC, and I would have thought that the most important thing was to put it in the past, and move on as quickly as possible. yesterday's headlines being tomorrow's chip wrappings, etc. As far as I know, this is official club policy. Whatever you think about what happened, the FA are going to look as those quotes as an accusation of bias, and they are almost certainly going to charge him with bringing the game into disrepute. I'm afraid that the next thing that we will hear from him will be that he has been hounded out of english football, and he'll be off to another club.

Even if that isn't his intent, bringing this up now is just bad for the club, and gives more fuel to what was a very bad story. He is a grown man, and receives a large salary from liverpool, who have stood by him through thick and thin. He owes the club a certain responsibility, and He is putting his own interests ahead of the club. As fans, I'm not sure that we should be so keen to applaud this. This interview is not a good thing. only bad things can come of it.
Fuck off knobhead. He felt  and still feels as we all did that he had been wronged. Fuck off back to long time lurking.
SoS membership number 4158
JFT 96

Offline Uruguayan36

• Loose Wires mouthpiece
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2012, 07:04:11 pm »
Luisito just scored against Russia...

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: May 25, 2012, 07:06:49 pm »
Luisito just scored against Russia...

:scarf :scarf :scarf

He does pretty well for Uruguay eh

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2012, 07:07:59 pm »

In English maybe, but the conversation wasn't.

He admitted using the word, he didn't admit to racism.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2012, 07:11:56 pm »

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2012, 07:12:45 pm »

Read the full report (I am presuming you haven't done so already).

Triangulate further by reading this:

http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/threads/289785-Professor-in-Hispanic-Studies-dissects-the-FA%E2%80%99s-Suarez-report

"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2012, 07:12:46 pm »
No one is arguing about that. The point is this:

Suárez re-opens Evra race row

That's the how the Guardian is leading with the story, not even bothering to look what the normal rags are saying. Do we want to go into next season with this mess still hanging over us? Is it beneficial somehow to Liverpool FC? Is it going to help us at the moment when we are getting a new manager in and rebuilding the back room staff?

The reopening of this issue is the last thing that we need to worry about right now.
think you'll find evra reopened the issue last week

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 07:20:17 pm by kcbworth »

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: May 25, 2012, 07:17:24 pm »
Which was further fleshed out at http://thetroublewithfootball.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/analysis-of-suarez-fa-via-crowdsourcing.html

... and finally, don't believe everything you read in the papers. ;)
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

Offline Xabi_Lad

• Main Stander
« Reply #116 on: May 25, 2012, 07:22:32 pm »
Evra was talking about this again just last week. Why can't Luis make his feelings known. Suarez is bang on anyway and every red needs to back him.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #117 on: May 25, 2012, 07:25:33 pm »
Nice one Luis you legend in the making.......we took it rarr up the shitbox over this and in retrospect we shouldnt have accepted it and should have have appealed the dirty bent decision. Ultimately it was the King who suffered and I'll never forgive the incompetent c*nts at the FA for that
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline aliverbirduponmychest

• Kopite
  • A team that plays total football.
« Reply #118 on: May 25, 2012, 07:25:39 pm »

Manc
SoS membership number 4158
JFT 96

Offline Sevo

• Happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy joy.
  • Kopite
« Reply #119 on: May 25, 2012, 07:31:48 pm »

Really? I suppose you'd be quite content for some bloke to defame you, have his lies believed and you branded a racist across the world's media? Luis has the balls not to let this disgusting attempt to destroy his character to simply fester. I fully support his right to fight this injustice as long as he wants to. It's to the Club's credit that they were prepared to support his innocence until FSG panicked and forced those sickly 'apologies'. I wonder how Henry and Wener would have reacted if they were the victims of hidious lies? Get their fat wallets out and fight it through the courts probably. YNWA Luis.