Author Topic: Suarez gets it spot on  (Read 32657 times)

Offline Uruguayan36

• Loose Wires mouthpiece
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Suarez gets it spot on
« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2012, 07:35:46 pm »
You are great Luisito...thanks for scoring against Russia.

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #121 on: May 25, 2012, 07:37:35 pm »
Really? I suppose you'd be quite content for some bloke to defame you, have his lies believed and you branded a racist across the world's media? Luis has the balls not to let this disgusting attempt to destroy his character to simply fester. I fully support his right to fight this injustice as long as he wants to. It's to the Club's credit that they were prepared to support his innocence until FSG panicked and forced those sickly 'apologies'. I wonder how Henry and Wener would have reacted if they were the victims of hidious lies? Get their fat wallets out and fight it through the courts probably. YNWA Luis.

I think he meant that he can't believe that there are liverpool fans still contesting whether he's guilty or not.
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline scouse29

• Legacy Fan
  • Koppite
« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2012, 07:38:20 pm »
I have to be honest and question why he has decided by pass comment on this after all this time.
The Liverpool way!!!

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • non progredi est regredi
« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2012, 07:40:13 pm »
It's not "over" at all

Stop saying that. Ask him. It's not over for him. He's still getting thousands of people calling him racist.

Luis Suarez 100%, I'll support him even after he's left the club. He's been well and truly fcked by a mixture of bad media handling and a witch-hunt.

Well said sir. My thoughts entirely.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2012, 07:41:13 pm »
The last thing FSG want brought up.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Suarez gets it spot on
« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2012, 07:44:13 pm »
I have to be honest and question why he has decided by pass comment on this after all this time.
he was asked a question

Evra reopened the race row last week when he said building up to the handshake was the biggest moment of his life hahshaha
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2012, 07:44:47 pm »
I wonder if Kenny will be talking about his disagreements with the whole thing which he alluded to when it happened now that he's unemployed. He said there was more to the story if I remember rightly and I'd love to hear what he has to say on it.

I'm still behind Suarez 100%.

The last thing FSG want brought up.

Could not give a fuck what they want, unless it's Rafa or Villas Boas.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: May 25, 2012, 07:45:44 pm »

He said long ago that he'd talk about this only after the season was over, because LFC asked him (and Kenny) to take a "no comment" stance while the league was in play.
"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."
~~Ray K, on Luis Suarez (Liverpool 5 - Norwich 1)

Offline scouse29

• Legacy Fan
  • Koppite
« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2012, 07:49:02 pm »
he was asked a question

Evra reopened the race row last week when he said building up to the handshake was the biggest moment of his life hahshaha

That's ok then.  What is wrong with declining to comment?
The Liverpool way!!!

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Suarez gets it spot on
« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2012, 07:51:21 pm »
That's ok then.  What is wrong with declining to comment?

I'm not arsed to be honest mate. It was an interview for a non english newspaper where perhaps he wanted to put his side of the story across to his fellow nationals . Im just saying he didn't just ring up the guardian.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #130 on: May 25, 2012, 07:53:29 pm »
Fucking spot on Luis.

Was defending him in the pub earlier.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #131 on: May 25, 2012, 07:54:54 pm »
No one is arguing about that. The point is this:

Suárez re-opens Evra race row

That's the how the Guardian is leading with the story, not even bothering to look what the normal rags are saying. Do we want to go into next season with this mess still hanging over us? Is it beneficial somehow to Liverpool FC? Is it going to help us at the moment when we are getting a new manager in and rebuilding the back room staff?

The reopening of this issue is the last thing that we need to worry about right now.

I think Suarez has every right to feel aggrieved after the treatment by the Kangaroo court he was subjected to.

I also think he's been remarkably restrained in his responses. I also think that it's a wonder no journalists got decked by fans while the whole thing was going on. Great restraint by everyone against overt Xenophobia, outright bigotry and vastly unfair treatment of the player, the manager, the club and the fans.

It does amuse me that quite a few people are sucking up to those Journalists that disgraced themselves in this affair. I've seen a few "Oh. Him. He's a good lad him." and carrying on as if nothing had happened. Like they can say all that shite and we'd somehow all forget about it. I'm as fucking furious today about some of the shite the shithouse cowards in the Times, Sky, the Mirror, the Guardian and others came out with. Fucking bastards all and it's pretty disgraceful that some of our goldfish like fans have already take a turn around their little bowls and forgotten about it all already. Sickening.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #132 on: May 25, 2012, 08:01:24 pm »
I think Suarez has every right to feel aggrieved after the treatment by the Kangaroo court he was subjected to.

I also think he's been remarkably restrained in his responses. I also think that it's a wonder no journalists got decked by fans while the whole thing was going on. Great restraint by everyone against overt Xenophobia, outright bigotry and vastly unfair treatment of the player, the manager, the club and the fans.

It does amuse me that quite a few people are sucking up to those Journalists that disgraced themselves in this affair. I've seen a few "Oh. Him. He's a good lad him." and carrying on as if nothing had happened. Like they can say all that shite and we'd somehow all forget about it. I'm as fucking furious today about some of the shite the shithouse cowards in the Times, Sky, the Mirror, the Guardian and others came out with. Fucking bastards all and it's pretty disgraceful that some of our goldfish like fans have already take a turn around their little bowls and forgotten about it all already. Sickening.

Is right (for once :P) Andy.
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2012, 08:11:38 pm »
Is right (for once :P) Andy.
Why wouldn't the club take it to the CAS or take legal action for damages, I'd never know...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #134 on: May 25, 2012, 08:12:16 pm »
Why wouldn't the club take it to the CAS or take legal action for damages, I'd never know...

The image of the Club.

Suarez was a scapegoat.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: May 25, 2012, 08:12:56 pm »
The image of the Club.

Suarez was a scapegoat.
And the club wasn't dragged through the mud?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #136 on: May 25, 2012, 08:14:52 pm »
And the club wasn't dragged through the mud?

It was but the media twisted it all.

If Ferguson wore a t shirt it would not have been dealt with in the same way.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #137 on: May 25, 2012, 08:15:01 pm »

You and me both.

Offline greeny01

• Anny Roader
  • Number One is Carragher....
« Reply #138 on: May 25, 2012, 08:16:09 pm »
Nothing wrong with his comments at all in my opinion, was asked a question and gave an honest and restrained answer.  He was hung out to dry by the media and the fa and it leaves a very bitter taste, which you can't expect him to forget. Gone up in my estimation for this, good lad Luis...YNWA

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #139 on: May 25, 2012, 08:18:13 pm »

When I read about it - you can get ejected from your league and banned for competing in any Football competition ever again if you legally challenge your FA.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline greeny01

• Anny Roader
  • Number One is Carragher....
« Reply #140 on: May 25, 2012, 08:20:13 pm »
When I read about it - you can get ejected from your league and banned for competing in any Football competition ever again if you legally challenge your FA.

And that there is what is wrong with the FA...Put themselves above the law...Our way, or no way...Stinks to high heaven

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: May 25, 2012, 08:20:49 pm »
I think that's scaremongering, Andy. There are many cases in which domestic FAs decisions have been overturned and, moreover, both FIFA and UEFA recognize the decisions of the CAS. Both are above the English FA in the hierarchy.

Offline Shaun101

• Didn't take up his ticket for the Screen Sports Super Cup
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Where did I leave it?
« Reply #142 on: May 25, 2012, 08:28:27 pm »
Was right behind him then and I'm right behind him now.

A complete stitch up.

This x 10

Offline Acaustiq

• Statistically the biggest dick waver and has quotes to prove it. Bitter revisionist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Finally, Danone Actimel cured him.
« Reply #143 on: May 25, 2012, 08:29:27 pm »

1. You can only go to CAS if both parties agree.

2. Football clubs and players can't sue the FA, they're extra judicial, a state within a state.
When your Mum used to pick you up from school and you'd run out and be like 'Mummy I got 9/10 in the spelling test today', would she go 'phenomenal, son'.

Cos if she did she's a stupid fuck.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #144 on: May 25, 2012, 08:33:30 pm »
I think that's scaremongering, Andy. There are many cases in which domestic FAs decisions have been overturned and, moreover, both FIFA and UEFA recognize the decisions of the CAS. Both are above the English FA in the hierarchy.

Nope I definately read about it.

I'm talking about legal challenges (Civil Actions) - not appealing decisions within their frameworks.

Offline RedMarko

• Master arsonist and goat hater
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • TW42 now!!
« Reply #145 on: May 25, 2012, 08:37:40 pm »
1. ah come on, he questions the partiality of the committee, and says it was almost as though they had to get a liverpool player. You might agree with him, but it's not us that is in charge of charging people. Accusing the FA's system of 'justice' of being biased against you is as quick a way to get charged as any.

2. a footballer can make it very clear to the interviewer that certain things are off topics. "I don't want to talk about the past, I only want to focus on my future at Liverpool" would have been a much better answer. If a footballer doesn't want to talk about something, they don't talk about it.

He has to understand, that everyone's mind is already made up. Those who believe him believe him. Those who don't believe him, don't. It's in the interests of everyone that this is forgotten about as quickly as possible.  It's the policy of the club, and whatever he believes, he should follow it.

And you might not think that there are no controversial remarks in there, but I'm sure that there are plenty of others that would disagree with you.

Not going to argue with you mate (plenty on here doing that already ;) ), but I prefer a player to speak his mind than keep quiet out of fear of consequences from the FA. As for the idea he's questioning the system - if he and others don't it won't be changed.

The FA would be mad to do anything about an interview off in Russia.

If Suarez wants to talk about what he feels is an injustice I'll loan him a PA system.

I'm also not sure that an injustice should be forgotten about/swept under the carpet. Personal choice is to shout about it to try and ensure it doesn't happen again!

Offline gorgepir

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: May 25, 2012, 08:37:48 pm »
I wonder were the outrage is for Messi using the same word and saying it was due to the cultural differences in South America?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #147 on: May 25, 2012, 08:41:16 pm »
Not going to argue with you mate (plenty on here doing that already ;) ), but I prefer a player to speak his mind than keep quiet out of fear of consequences from the FA. As for the idea he's questioning the system - if he and others don't it won't be changed.

If Suarez wants to talk about what he feels is an injustice I'll loan him a PA system.

I'm also not sure that an injustice should be forgotten about/swept under the carpet. Personal choice is to shout about it to try and ensure it doesn't happen again!

Totally agree. That decision should be haunting the FA in 100 years time. It was a fucking disgrace when it was made. It's a disgrace now and it'll be a fucking disgrace in years to come. They showed themselves up for exactly what they are.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: May 25, 2012, 08:41:51 pm »
Nope I definately read about it.

I'm talking about legal challenges (Civil Actions) - not appealing decisions within their frameworks.

Ah, thanks. The civil actions may lead to that, it makes sense.

1. You can only go to CAS if both parties agree.

This, as I understand it, is a general misconception. The CAS has two functions - mediation and arbitration. ANY individual or representative that's related to sports can refer a case to the CAS. Then they can intervene with mediation. A written agreement between the two parties is only necessary when the matter goes for arbitration (e.g., to court).

But it's irrelevant now anyway, because we accepted the FA's decision. I was just implying that there were other alternatives.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: May 25, 2012, 08:45:49 pm »
Wonder if FSG will tell Martinez to sell him?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Channo

• Main Stander
« Reply #150 on: May 25, 2012, 08:51:52 pm »
If Suarez personally took the FA to CAS, surely there could be no repurcussions for the club?

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: May 25, 2012, 08:54:43 pm »
If Suarez personally took the FA to CAS, surely there could be no repurcussions for the club?
not officially

Offline RedSoc

• Main Stander
« Reply #152 on: May 25, 2012, 08:56:45 pm »
I wonder if Kenny will be talking about his disagreements with the whole thing which he alluded to when it happened now that he's unemployed. He said there was more to the story if I remember rightly and I'd love to hear what he has to say on it.

I'm still behind Suarez 100%.

Could not give a fuck what they want, unless it's Rafa or Villas Boas.

Bang on. Where were these oiks when the whole thing blew up?

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: May 25, 2012, 08:58:09 pm »
Wonder if FSG will tell Martinez to sell him?

It'd be commercial suicide.

Also I hate the fact people seem to be portraying Martinez as a walkover for FSG. He's young and hasn't managed a huge club - doesn't mean he's a sycophantic Hodgsonite.

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: May 25, 2012, 09:03:19 pm »

Pretty sure Keane got a ban for comments in his book (seem to recall for deliberately going after someone as a revenge for a previous game). So there is a precedent there which I'm sure the FA will use.

I can see Suarez is annoyed as he considers himself not guilty but it's a risky strategy to bring this up again. First the FA might do something, secondly FSG might do something and thirdly it's not going to stop opposition fans from chanting at it, far from it.

Offline Carolina Red

• Kopite
« Reply #155 on: May 25, 2012, 09:06:14 pm »
I think Suarez was railroaded. I believe him, and having spent a good amount of time in Argentina and Uruguay, I am familiar with the linguistic twists at issue. What happened to him was totally unfair. Unfortunately, life is not fair.

The best thing Suarez can do to rehabilitate his reputation on this issue:

1) when asked, say "I think it was a big misunderstanding, but I want to put it behind me and move forward. Next question."

2) do some volunteer work for one of the five zillion anti-racism groups out there.

3) score shitloads of spectacular goals and lead Liverpool back up table  :)

Offline CRAZY HORSE EMLYN

• Lives for twats
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: May 25, 2012, 09:11:04 pm »
I think Suarez was railroaded. I believe him, and having spent a good amount of time in Argentina and Uruguay, I am familiar with the linguistic twists at issue. What happened to him was totally unfair. Unfortunately, life is not fair.

1) when asked, say "I think it was a big misunderstanding, but I want to put it behind me and move forward. Next question."

2) do some volunteer work for one of the five zillion anti-racism groups out there.

I'm going to do that THIS thing. THIS.

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: May 25, 2012, 09:22:00 pm »

I'm made up he has spoken out and put it so calmly. I am sick to the back teeth of putting people straight who say "but he was proved to be a racist". These are people who are from all walks of life and have just seen press reports so take it as gospel. He is tarnished now and nothing will change that now. I just wish it had or still could go to court. Evra is a proven liar (more than once) but this wasn't allowed to be brought up. I will still keep defending Suarez as I firmly believe he is not a racist and he should have the right to defend himself.

Offline peelyon

• strangefruit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #158 on: May 25, 2012, 09:27:03 pm »

1 and 3 yes, 2 no.  He has already done plenty of work BEFORE the whole Evra issue.  He shouldnt need to justify himself at ALL.  The fact that it would all backfire in his face and be twisted by the media is another thing.  Pointless pretending to pander to anyone anyway.  He has already said he is calm about the whole thing.

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: May 25, 2012, 09:30:29 pm »
Due to the FA's decision, the media's vilification of Suarez, and the reaction of the useful idiots that seem to inhabit every other ground in England, I have stopped supporting England permanently, don't tune into Sky, don't read newspapers, don't watch the news, and no longer have any respect for any other club in the league. I also lost a HUGE amount of respect for my so-called mates over this, the fucking turncoats.

Fuck the FA, fuck the fucking liar Evra, fuck Ferguson the fucking politician, fuck Manchester United, fuck the league, and fuck the media.