Author Topic: Suarez gets it spot on  (Read 32653 times)

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Suarez gets it spot on
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2012, 04:25:38 pm »
:thumbup

Enjoyed reading that. Just the kind of reaction I like. He can have the entire world against him, but still won't hide. He will even grow stronger. He will improve.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline gorgepir

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2012, 04:26:01 pm »
Why bring this up again? Seriously what is the point?

To clear his name? He was found guilty of using racial language, we don't agree with it but that's how it is. Liverpool's name has been taken through the mud for the last year, all the way around the world, do we really want it to continue? Our reputation is more important than Suarez and I'm afraid this is doing more damage to the club than he is worth to us.

BS. He was found "probably" guilty. Why do you make up accusations? Don't misquote the ruling.

Offline redjohnnw

• Anny Roader
  • sos 6135 ynwa
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2012, 04:28:29 pm »
Perhaps the Guardian should have let it lie. If they ask a question he will no doubt reply and with no club PR  - we are a bit rudderless at the moment, everyones been sacked and the new ones aren't in place yet) you can't blame him for telling the truth. I wonder if this was part of a longer interview and they chose to highlight this one angle?
"Never wrestle with pigs. You get dirty, and besides, the pigs like it".

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2012, 04:29:56 pm »
Some clueless people here honestly.

He's been branded as a racist after basically no evidence at all. Would you want to keep quiet about something you feel so strongly about? This lad has been branded as a fucking racist and you want him to bend over and just take it. Clueless.

The reputation of himself certainly does come over his club, he can leave Liverpool but the stain of 'racist' is a permanent taint on him.

Offline zjim

• Kopite
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2012, 04:31:15 pm »
Yes its good that he's defending himself and showing how the system was flawed, but at the same time bringing it up again will only bring us more drama that we dont need.  The media doesnt care about the facts, they dont care that Suarez is past the incident, and they dont care about the lack of evidence.  What the media cares about is that the FA found Suarez guilty, because of this they're just gonna copy and paste random headlines saying that the racist is still trying to defend himself. Then in turn everybody with a newspaper and internet access will only read these headlines and will feel justified in calling suarez a racist again. great.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2012, 04:32:09 pm »

To clear his name? He was found guilty of using racial language, we don't agree with it but that's how it is. Liverpool's name has been taken through the mud for the last year, all the way around the world, do we really want it to continue? Our reputation is more important than Suarez and I'm afraid this is doing more damage to the club than he is worth to us.

When you say why bring this up, who exactly are you referring to ?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2012, 04:34:47 pm »
Luis has got it spot on.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline RedHopper

• Hopping to a mightily lofty position and enjoying the view. If only custom titles could be in proportion to the member's average post length? My, what fun we could have! Imagine the sheer edification to be derived from testing the character limi
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2012, 04:36:07 pm »
The PFA owed Suarez impartial support and the FA owed him a fair hearing, neither happened so he's more than entitled to speak freely IMHO.  He's been badly let down by the powers that be in this country for the sake of political (football politics that is) expediency to score points against Blatter.

I don't care about that. what's done is done. His responsibility is to liverpool football club, and they have said that it is over. he can talk about it when he retires, or when he is at another club, but he's a professional footballer, and he has a duty to keep his mouth shut, so we can all move on. Nothing he says is going to change anyone's mind. There's no point. it just makes us look bad to keep this going.

We might love Luis for what he does on the pitch, but he has a duty to act in the interests of the club, and he's not doing that. Instead of cheering him on, we should be calling him on it. Are we primarily liverpool fans, or luis suarez fans?

For instance, I wasn't very impressed with the whole handshake business either. The club wanted him to shake evra's hand so everyone could move on, he told the manager he was going to shake his hand, and having done that, he should have tried to force evra to shake his hand. Instead it didn't happen, and king kenny was made look very bad in an interview, and it only made the situation worse. Whatever about the rights and wrongs, his duty as a professional, and as an employee of liverpool football club was to grab evra's hand. He allowed a bad situation to happen.

I will be deeply unimpressed with him if he's trying to engineer a move after all of the support he has received. He owes us the fans who have shown him nothing but unconditional love, and the club who pay him so handsomely and supported him to the hilt.

Offline Brook

• Main Stander
  • If only Tonton Zola were a Red...
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2012, 04:37:53 pm »
spot on.

He felt wronged and he has every right to speak out to defend himself and his family.
And especially if he did so in a respectful and non-controversial way

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2012, 04:38:11 pm »
The press will jump on this again in anti suarez manner showing them up for what they are and proving this statement by Luis. I hate the media in this country we are so tied up and led on by them. I aint even bought a paper since the EVRA/MUFC LIE. bin em

Every fan in this country knows the FA are a bunch of bigot dinosaur starch collars trying to act like government, just everyone took their stance because it was anti liverpool this time around

Offline masterbaker

• kneads a good rise.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2012, 04:39:07 pm »
he was stitched up so fuck the FA

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2012, 04:41:14 pm »
Love Luis hate FA.

Offline Yabazza

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2012, 04:46:55 pm »

2) If asked the question better to address it than be seen to evade it. I'm sure he did not ring Russia Today to offer his thoughts

He answered it directly without any controversial remarks that I can see.

Fair dues to him.
May contain irony.

Offline RedHopper

• Hopping to a mightily lofty position and enjoying the view. If only custom titles could be in proportion to the member's average post length? My, what fun we could have! Imagine the sheer edification to be derived from testing the character limi
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2012, 04:47:46 pm »
1) Nothing he has said brings the game into disrepute
2) If asked the question better to address it than be seen to evade it. I'm sure he did not ring Russia Today to offer his thoughts

He answered it directly without any controversial remarks that I can see.

Fair dues to him.

1. ah come on, he questions the partiality of the committee, and says it was almost as though they had to get a liverpool player. You might agree with him, but it's not us that is in charge of charging people. Accusing the FA's system of 'justice' of being biased against you is as quick a way to get charged as any.

2. a footballer can make it very clear to the interviewer that certain things are off topics. "I don't want to talk about the past, I only want to focus on my future at Liverpool" would have been a much better answer. If a footballer doesn't want to talk about something, they don't talk about it.

He has to understand, that everyone's mind is already made up. Those who believe him believe him. Those who don't believe him, don't. It's in the interests of everyone that this is forgotten about as quickly as possible.  It's the policy of the club, and whatever he believes, he should follow it.

And you might not think that there are no controversial remarks in there, but I'm sure that there are plenty of others that would disagree with you.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 04:50:02 pm by RedHopper »

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2012, 04:49:34 pm »

Bullshit.

Where has its name been dragged into the mud?

England? That country where they are already biased against LFC?
France? Where they know Evra is a piece of shit?
Western Europe? Where they admire Suarez while openly mocking British media and the FA?
South America? Where people know more about Uruguay than the British media will ever care to know?
The USA? Where there is a large Latin American community? (see South America above)
FIFA? Where Blatter is about to take away the British privileged VP seat?

Pfft.
"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."
~~Ray K, on Luis Suarez (Liverpool 5 - Norwich 1)

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2012, 04:50:24 pm »
Good response. Fully understand that he wants to say what has probably been eating at him since january. And he said it well.

YNWA Luis.

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2012, 04:50:56 pm »
Still angers me how fucked the whole situation was, and I'm sorry but Suarez did not come out tainted.  Patrice Evra and the FA are the ones who should be ashamed, they're the ones who should hate to shine a light on their broken, corrupt and biased system.

Fuck the FA, Fuck Evra and Fuck any and all who would cast judgement on a man based on a newspaper headline.  I've had long discussions with people over Suarez, from friends to family members to people I barely know, and they are ALWAYS under the impression he admitted to it, or it must have been true because he was found guilty, or the papers wouldn't be allowed to print outright lies.

This shitstorm taught me a lot about LFC and Liverpool itself.  We face a fight each and every day just to be treated fairly, to be treated equally, and a lot of people in this hellhole of a country love nothing more than bringing the boot down at every opportunity.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 05:02:26 pm by Cid »

Offline dorsetgill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2012, 04:51:09 pm »
Ynwa Luis

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2012, 04:57:00 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/EnjkeIhCUDQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/EnjkeIhCUDQ</a>
"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."
~~Ray K, on Luis Suarez (Liverpool 5 - Norwich 1)

Offline Nut/ella

• do!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2012, 05:00:09 pm »
I hope he repays the faith we've shown in him with more years of service.

.....and as for the sister shagging lurkers from redcafe, hey what's up? :wave

Offline Mark_kopite90

• Anny Roader
  • Justice!
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2012, 05:01:54 pm »
Can't see why he brought it up really, but then again he was probly asked.
But well said Luis, never thought you were guilty for one second. Wether the truth will really ever come out who knows, probly won't. But what goes around comes around.

Offline Yabazza

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2012, 05:02:07 pm »
One would be hard pressed to find a bigger kunt in the league than Patrice Evra.

Yea I can definitely smell a septic wum or two
May contain irony.

Offline Virna

• Anny Roader
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2012, 05:05:51 pm »
If he really was guilty, he had stayed quiet, but he's not.
I think it's healthy for him and for the club he can speak calmly of an issue that has frustrated him for so long.
Also if he has been asked about it and he doesn't respond, then the media will say that he "has something to hide" and bla bla.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2012, 05:06:29 pm »
I don't care about that. what's done is done. His responsibility is to liverpool football club, and they have said that it is over. he can talk about it when he retires, or when he is at another club, but he's a professional footballer, and he has a duty to keep his mouth shut, so we can all move on. Nothing he says is going to change anyone's mind. There's no point. it just makes us look bad to keep this going.

We might love Luis for what he does on the pitch, but he has a duty to act in the interests of the club, and he's not doing that. Instead of cheering him on, we should be calling him on it. Are we primarily liverpool fans, or luis suarez fans?

For instance, I wasn't very impressed with the whole handshake business either. The club wanted him to shake evra's hand so everyone could move on, he told the manager he was going to shake his hand, and having done that, he should have tried to force evra to shake his hand. Instead it didn't happen, and king kenny was made look very bad in an interview, and it only made the situation worse. Whatever about the rights and wrongs, his duty as a professional, and as an employee of liverpool football club was to grab evra's hand. He allowed a bad situation to happen.

I will be deeply unimpressed with him if he's trying to engineer a move after all of the support he has received. He owes us the fans who have shown him nothing but unconditional love, and the club who pay him so handsomely and supported him to the hilt.

Thats utter bollocks. If you get branded a racist without evidence would you keep your gob shut? No. His responsibility is to himself and his family first and LFC second. He has a right to self defence and the right of free speech to defend himself.

Personally I'd have been happier if he twatted Evra rather than just refused the handshake. I dont give two hoots what anyone thinks of LFC who doesnt support the club. Fuck them and the FA. Roll over and let fergie rub yer belly.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline mokum11

• Main Stander
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2012, 05:07:42 pm »
You can't not take FA seriously, their whole investigation is based on facts without prove if they are true.
Next to that I can remember a lad named Terry against QPR who, did the same where Suarez has been accused off.
But where is Terry's punishment and why wait after the euros to make an statement about the research.
It has to do that Terry is an Englishman and Suarez not.

Offline Mark_kopite90

• Anny Roader
  • Justice!
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2012, 05:07:44 pm »

The sister fuckers from Salford that pretend to be from Manchester, but really they are cockney.

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2012, 05:07:59 pm »
fair play luis lad
YNWA - JFT97

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2012, 05:10:40 pm »

"Found guilty" suggests that there was evidence. There wasn't. Only one mans word against another. "Found guilty" Suggests that he was tried in a fair and just manner. He wasn't. Three men with various agendas decided something not supported by a scrap of evidence. "Found guilty" suggests that a process was followed. It wasn't. They just locked themselves away, coached their only witness and then used that coaching to unfairly decide a load of shite.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2012, 05:12:28 pm »
He wants to stand up because he strongly belived that he was wronged by FA and media. How do you think he wants his daighter to see him someday? A racist? Or a coward? As far as I am concerned he should speak about it at all time until he get an apology from FA. He'zsnot going to get it you say? Good, make a fussabout it until at least you know your daughter understand that you are not what they say you arel Good for you, Luiz. Stand up foor yourself while others may crumble under it.
If FSG think it is not good, they should sell

LFC. :no
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2012, 05:14:43 pm »

If you dont care about that then why are you here posting exclusively on this topic ?
You really expect him to grab someone's hand to force a handshake ? (tecnically assault)
This unconditional love you talk about is severly lacking in your ONLY post on the subject so how does he owe you anything?
Why are you here ?

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2012, 05:15:03 pm »
Well in, Luisito!  :thumbup :thumbup
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Virna

• Anny Roader
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2012, 05:19:12 pm »

He has been accused of racism, himself, not the club.
He is a man who can talk about what he wants when he wants.

And besides that, I think it's good for the club he talks about it without having to hide anything, freely.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 05:21:15 pm by Virna »

Offline Saul Goodman

• Superfluous apostrophe's are us
  • Legacy Fan
  • Better call Saul!
    • Better Call Saul.
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2012, 05:26:50 pm »
Starts against Russia in 15 minutes for anyone interested.

Online jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2012, 05:29:47 pm »
He is right.  Hasn't said much wrong.  Of course the less belligerent would say that he probably shouldn't have restarted this issue and while I tend to agree with that view point, I don't think Suarez is wrong here.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline mullerbugs

• Kemlynite
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2012, 05:31:56 pm »
Meanwhile John Terry seems to have been enjoying himself recently with little hassle or mention of a pending racism charge....

Offline KUNGFUDANCER

• boring wum who thinks La Liga is on a par with the Scottish Premier League... clueless too... don't bother arguing with me because it will just make your head hurt...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2012, 05:41:27 pm »

Offline Red Crown

• Kopite
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2012, 05:41:32 pm »
I want to hear Dave Whelan's take on this.

Genuine lol from me when reading that!

:lmao

Offline PAC-MAN

• 'Hanging on the telephone - you're our number one'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2012, 05:46:49 pm »
I want to hear Dave Whelan's take on this.

now thats funny hahaha
Can't stand the left-wing lunatics

Offline MikaelLFC

• King of the Stream
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wir glauben, Jürgen
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2012, 05:48:27 pm »
As the title says, Suárez got it spot on. Loads of shite has been said about him without any evidence what so ever.

YNWA Luis.

Offline Outer Mongolian Red

• Rafa ran over my dog. Then shot it. Fact
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2012, 05:56:14 pm »
I doubt our PR obsessed owners will be too happy with this,he'll probably get sold for a striker that gives non-controversial friendly interviews.