Author Topic: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 115002 times)

Offline Jumbeaux

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #1600 on: May 6, 2012, 04:50:56 am »
The result hurts so much because a cup double would have been our only excuse to claim that the season isnt so bad. Without the FA cup, we're just a mid table team that luckily won the mickey mouse cup.

Offline nijartovino

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1601 on: May 6, 2012, 04:55:44 am »
Im sorry but i like my football with a bit of soul.

What do you mean with soul?

Offline eLToRo

• Legacy Fan
  • Living the dream
« Reply #1602 on: May 6, 2012, 05:03:44 am »
At least Downing did something, showed a bit of bottle to win the tackle which set up Carroll's goal.

Thats all he did...

Man of the match v a championship team when we drew 2-2 and won in extra time.No asists no goals in the league after playing praticallt every game.

Played decent v cardiff and everton.Thats it.28 mill for a 18 year old who has played premierleague all his life.Has played for hsi country a lot.And he has been complety shit for us.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1603 on: May 6, 2012, 05:08:28 am »
Why, again why do we persist on playing after we go behind? It's amazing to see when it comes off, but how many times have we not even turned up until we concede? It's a massive problem that we need to address. We could of done these if we played like how we played in the last 30 minutes of the game.   :no :no :no :no
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Wish Matrix

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1604 on: May 6, 2012, 05:23:33 am »
Well, the Manc supporting mates at FB are making noises by the time I woke up. I knew we lost. Fuck this season.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him (Jurgen Klopp) as the next Liverpool manager

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1605 on: May 6, 2012, 05:40:46 am »
I am giving you my opinion, politely.Of course, think whatever you want. do you prefer me to tell " i still feel more proud...", " doesnīt matter what i am with the team..." . for that you have thousands of messages. I come here because I like football and as i said this looks a nice forum. We donīt spend 300 million every summer. Actually the last year we spent quite less than you. Xabi Alonso, Mascherano, Torres...how much did you spend with them?.I donīt think that you need so much money to make a decent team but someone with idea leaving in 2012 and not in 1980.I am not talking about money but about attitude, if you are a big team like juventus, ajax,bayern, milan, madrid, etc you canīt be so conformist.

Welcome mate. You'll find that there's a disconnect between the English league and Spanish league when it comes to giving managers time. Think it's easier to change your 'coach' as a lot of areas of the club is handled by club directors, while here the manager is more responsible. Liverpool tried to change that with Comolli, and may still adopt a similar model.

Anyway, my personal preference is to give a manager reasonable time, and that is definitely more than one season if he's done ok in the first. Don't take it personally if you get criticism for asking why Dalglish is still here, I can understand how your view's shaped that way, but it's a different mentality with Liverpool.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #1606 on: May 6, 2012, 06:09:27 am »
Only just finishing a 12 hour bender to get over this. Absolute crock of shit, it was actually embarrassing.

We wrote off the league for the past two months and for what? Didnt even look like we'd prepared for this match. Again there was no tactics or gameplan. You can't win a cup final by starting playing after 60 minutes.

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
« Reply #1607 on: May 6, 2012, 06:11:21 am »
Good morning. Im just missing someone. The beloved one.

And I miss Ian Rush.
"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Offline Mohammad Shahrul

• Oral Pisser
  • Main Stander
  • Im the Red PHP programmer, huhu!! :-)
    • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petronas_Towers
« Reply #1608 on: May 6, 2012, 06:44:42 am »
Im taking my time to cure from yesterday currently... Its really hurt, deep in heart...
Its not proper for me now to punch the keyboard, writing before the sanity is
presence. Is drinking a tea, waiting my wife to prepare the food and spending
time reading the posts here expresssing the frustration. Ah... Fuck. Its really
hurt and killing the mood, gloomy in the mind. Im sure you all feeling the same,
like you happiness has been taken away... Ah... Fuck, thinking of in future I
even can compose the song, lyrics...

Love, RAWK.

« Last Edit: May 6, 2012, 06:47:08 am by Mohammad Shahrul »
p/s: I just joined RAWK forum, hope can learn something from you all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petronas_Towers

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #1609 on: May 6, 2012, 06:50:26 am »
I am a bit lost with the conversation :), did you think that i was that guy? did i write like him?

They're insinuating that you are not Spanish and that you are in fact a "Manc" i.e. from Manchester and/or (more likely) a supporter of Manchester United.

Pretty much the worst thing you can be called by a Liverpool fan, short of actual profanity.
Ludi Circenses!

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1610 on: May 6, 2012, 07:22:10 am »
Let's be honest about it, currently, the team is coached and managed a tier below the other top level clubs.

We have had games against big clubs like City / Chelsea / Utd mostly in the cups where we have gone in with a predominantly defensive plan initially and succeeded ; it was well-executed. For our main set-up though, the most common one we have used throughout the season...well, this game, again, was a reflection of that. It's simply a level below an effective unit.

Now I don't know many sports, but I do know football and I do know boxing, and at the most basic level, I see them as one and the same. Played / boxed to reasonable levels in both. The things is, in boxing, if you went at your opponent constantly, mainly with the basic movements without any effective combinations, you'll be forced to learn very quickly to adapt and improve your methods due to the amount of time you spend face down on the canvas and pissing blood in the mornings among other things. Unfortunately in football, getting the ball quickly into the final third, and lofting the ball again and again into the box is considered beautiful to watch, when in truth, it's effectiveness that is beautiful imo. This tends to obscure the urgent need for improvement. For a large number of games, that is what we have done this season, our ineffective performances explained away as being beautiful football.

This game had elements of that, in that we totally committed ourselves to attacking after going 2 goals down, around the 60 minute mark, and kept Chelsea penned in for large parts of the game till the  final few minutes, when they broke out and killed off the game. The issue was, when the game was in the balance as a contest, when a well-organised team given an advantage by their coaching could have taken the initiative, dominated - the first 60 minutes - we were distinctly second best. Chelsea found it easy to get their rehearsed patterns of play going, particularly when retaining the ball down the line in the middle third, they found it easy to play through Spearing and Stevie in the centre, the forward runs from Ramires was a potent weapon for a while, unchecked; Drogba was holding up anything that was launched at him. These things, planning for Ramires, planning to counteract their set patterns (something that would have been evident from their previous games) all come under what the coaches / Kenny could have done to give the team an advantage. Playing such a soft centre was also a decision taken pre-game.

There is nothing glorious or great to committing yourself to an all out attack game once you're 2 goals down. There is nothing beautiful about getting forced into a decision, and when we did throw everything into attack, a solid, aerially dominant unit like Chelsea are going to withstand it most times. We scored off a mistake from them, and the only truly penetrative attack we had from those thirty odd minutes was Carroll's header saved by Cech. All the time, with every pass forward, getting defenders and midfielders further forward than they normally do, getting more men into the box / final third, then we normally do in balance, you face the greatest possible risk of a counter. Chelsea, again, were organised in attack to exploit these situations, and Kalou and Drogba could have killed it off in the early surge of our momentum.

Look, the players and their deficiences were evident early on: Downing only started playing before halftime, and did a reasonable job till the end. Not top level, but then again he never was, if he had put in a performance like that for every game this season, he wouldn't be a big worry. Squad player, but not useless waster. As it is, he's probably the worst 'pro' we've had at the club in a while, at his best, competent, but his best is only the semi-final or final of a competition, about 3 or 4 times a season if you're lucky. Fuck that. Henderson wasn't done any favours asked to play wide, but he did what he could. Pepe was poor. All these things are true.

But the biggest issue with putting the team out there, one we've had for the entire season, is how they're set-up to play. Players like Hendo, Enrique, Downing need a good set-up to enable them to contribute more than just their individual quality. Let's not fuck around here, a club with our stadium, with our apparent resources, needs the absolute best from the coaching / management side of things if we're going to stand a chance to compete at the top end - Champions league qualification and league titles. A lot, lot more is required from Kenny, as the man with the ulimate responsibility on this.

Now they have merited the next season, but the biggest improvement if we're to actually improve rather than regress next season will have to come from them rather than the players.

Offline Loo Pan

• Lower Cooker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Heavy Metal Football
« Reply #1611 on: May 6, 2012, 07:24:32 am »
The result hurts so much because a cup double would have been our only excuse to claim that the season isnt so bad. Without the FA cup, we're just a mid table team that luckily won the mickey mouse cup.

Stop listening to cretins who support other teams.

Offline fatlip13

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1612 on: May 6, 2012, 07:30:14 am »
disapointing result yesterday that summed up our season in a lot of ways.
we looked awful for an hour looking lost for ideas of how to play against a chelsea team who were average at best. gave the ball away in midfield, enrique lets in ramires and pepe tries to read a shot AGAIN this season and gets beat by a shot that would normally be a regulation save.
the 2nd goal goes through skrtels' legs.
then on comes carroll and we looked like a different team got a goal and were very close to another,can't honestly give a goal when it is that close.

verdict:
tactically we got it wrong in 1st half and did not change it until the 2nd half, could have threw bellamy up front in 1st half to see if that changed it. in the position we were was it the carroll change or that chelsea settled and we got desperate we will never know as we did not get level.
the players really were poor in general, carroll was our best player and he was on 30 minutes, gerrard, johnson, skrtel and agger were decent. pepe and enrique made mistakes that cost a goal, spearing offers nothing going forward, henderson might not be ready for this level, downing and bellamy never turned up. suarez picked this game to play probably his worst game of the season.

the future of this squad:
pepe has had a poor season by his standards. is this a decline or a blip
the defence has been solid in general, enrique was world class until january but his form tailed off. johnson is injured quite a lot as his replacement kelly. back up centre half needs stregthening as carragher is gone at the top level.
lucas was a big loss. we then lost adam who was our only ball playing midfielder who was no world beater. spearing gives his all but it's not enough. gerrard needs service to create now as has not the legs to drag the team with him. would not miss downing, maxi does not play enough for his wages and kuyt has been a great servant but it is time to let him go. shelvey and henderson are just not ready.
suarez needs help. bellamy runs hot and cold and with his knee problem he does not help building partnerships as he is in and out so much. carroll needs to work on his game and we need to work for his game. i would have bought carroll just not for Ģ35m but thart is not his fault, his lack of effort at times is.
the manager brought silverware and another final but the league form since january was desperate. i think he will get another season but we would need to improve. tactically we set up well but don't change quickly enough if it is not working.

Offline Red Crown

• Kopite
« Reply #1613 on: May 6, 2012, 07:37:26 am »
Chelsea found it easy to get their rehearsed patterns of play going, particularly when retaining the ball down the line in the middle third, they found it easy to play through Spearing and Stevie in the centre, the forward runs from Ramires was a potent weapon for a while, unchecked; Drogba was holding up anything that was launched at him. These things, planning for Ramires, planning to counteract their set patterns (something that would have been evident from their previous games) all come under what the coaches / Kenny could have done to give the team an advantage. Playing such a soft centre was also a decision taken pre-game.

So I wasn't the only one who noticed how often a simple 1-2 would completely by pass our 'midfield' of Spearing and Gerrard then, time and time and again?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1614 on: May 6, 2012, 07:37:51 am »
You know what, for a supposed midfield 'enforcer' Spearo, he flat out didn't want to know when Stevie was getting a bit of bother from their lads. Started with Stevie taking Mata out from the back ; Ramires first had a go back, then Mikel, who was effective and probably finished off Stevie's influence with the foul that got him the yellow. Haven't seen the game again, but I thought Stevie wasn't the same physically after that, carried on sure, had one good run that almost got us the Carroll goal, but didn't feel he was right.

Nothing against the Chelsea lads, they were looking after Mata.

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1615 on: May 6, 2012, 07:43:48 am »
A part of myself is happy that we did not win this cup. As there is a positive that definitely with now there will not be terrible excuses and defense for the whole overall season. Now what we need is a fair and strong evaluation in the summer. We not only need to get the exact causes but the exact solutions, and I am afraid the current management has run out of ideas which is all really their own fault.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1616 on: May 6, 2012, 07:45:20 am »
And I miss Ian Rush.

And I miss Ian Callaghan!
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1617 on: May 6, 2012, 07:46:13 am »
So I wasn't the only one who noticed how often a simple 1-2 would completely by pass our 'midfield' of Spearing and Gerrard then, time and time and again?

Yeah, and also their players supported each other so well on the ball under pressure, that often they made it look effortless retaining it high up the pitch even when we had our fullback and centre back helping out one of the two. Beautiful to watch for a Chelsea fan, terrifying the ease with which it was accomplished for us.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1618 on: May 6, 2012, 07:49:45 am »
A part of myself is happy that we did not win this cup. As there is a positive that definitely with now there will not be terrible excuses and defense for the whole overall season. Now what we need is a fair and strong evaluation in the summer. We not only need to get the exact causes but the exact solutions, and I am afraid the current management has run out of ideas which is all really their own fault.
Yeah right you are happy good lad, the only ones running out of ideas are fans like you,
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1619 on: May 6, 2012, 07:52:02 am »
Yeah right you are happy good lad, the only ones running out of ideas are fans like you,

Clearly, we do not agree with each other on a lot of points. But you are now only a minority here and you can go on to give your blind support like if nothing is wrong.

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1620 on: May 6, 2012, 07:52:45 am »
Gerrard doesn't work hard enough to track runners sprinting towards the box. He only does it like 50% of the time. Someone needs to call him out on this or leave him at CAM.

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1621 on: May 6, 2012, 07:54:53 am »
Was gutted yesterday, absolutely gutted.

Really poor display in the first half. Spearing, Enrique and Reina at fault for the first goal but with it going in so early I thought that it'd spur us on to go right back at them. 50 minutes later and another goal down we decided to try and have a go!! :(

The second half was better, Carroll showed great composure and a touch of skill to make room for himself to score. Really pleased for him, I hope he plays the last 2 games now and continues this form. Unlucky with the header too, with hindsight you say he should have headed it down and it's a definite goal, but in reality you just have to say Cech made a terrific save unfortunately.

There were too many people not trying (or not trying hard enough) which was inexcusable for an hour. Not sure what we were doing, if I'm honest. I don't even want these last 2 games at the moment, I'd rather that was the traditional end of the season and we got on with the chopping & changing now (quick edit: of playing staff only...!!!)... So disappointed :(
« Last Edit: May 6, 2012, 07:56:40 am by hollger »

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #1622 on: May 6, 2012, 07:56:22 am »
For me the goal was in - and 2-2 would take it to extra time. Not saying we would've won, or even deserved to; but we deserved our shot.

The whole of the ball didn't cross the line imo.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1623 on: May 6, 2012, 08:00:32 am »
Clearly, we do not agree with each other on a lot of points. But you are now only a minority here and you can go on to give your blind support like if nothing is wrong.
Really think you will need a recount when the dust settles we are not a club who a revolving door policy over managers, nobody said nothing is wrong however you are just some negative poster on a forum so what power do you think you hold around here with your boring constant negative posts! Laughable arrogance fella!

Offline Red Crown

• Kopite
« Reply #1624 on: May 6, 2012, 08:01:25 am »

I understand what you're expressing mate, but I can never be even slightly happy losing a cup.  Not having a go at you by the way.

Offline mat106

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1625 on: May 6, 2012, 08:01:53 am »
I am giving you my opinion, politely.Of course, think whatever you want. do you prefer me to tell " i still feel more proud...", " doesnīt matter what i am with the team..." . for that you have thousands of messages. I come here because I like football and as i said this looks a nice forum. We donīt spend 300 million every summer. Actually the last year we spent quite less than you. Xabi Alonso, Mascherano, Torres...how much did you spend with them?.I donīt think that you need so much money to make a decent team but someone with idea leaving in 2012 and not in 1980.I am not talking about money but about attitude, if you are a big team like juventus, ajax,bayern, milan, madrid, etc you canīt be so conformist.

For a Spaniard and come to think of it for a manc your spelling and sentence structure are impeccable!

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1626 on: May 6, 2012, 08:02:55 am »
I'd like to think that Liverpool fans who are 'happy' (even a little bit) after a loss to Chelsea in a cup final are a minority.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #1627 on: May 6, 2012, 08:03:33 am »
Disappointing.

My take on the match.....

The lineup i wasn't too surprised with...knew we were gonna stack the midfield, the idea to keep things secure and the longer the match went on the strongr we'd become as we are a less fatigued team. well the 2nd part was right!

But again a mistake cost us.....firstly with Enrique and then poor keeping by Reina. So the initial tactis go out the windown and its time to break them down...Their second goal was quite well taken i thought....maybe Spearing let (Lampard i think?) shimmy past him way too easily....but the pass and goal we could do little about....

We pressured well without creatng clear-cut chances.....then came Caroll and we looked more potent in attack. His goal was AMAZINGLY taken. fantastic composure and a great strike.....his header which should have easily been a gola after some brilliant build up play should have taken us into extra time....but it wasn't to be.....

Overall, we didn't deserve to lose the game. Even though we played badly in the first hour or so....they didnt play much better. It should have been a draw, but they made the most of their chances. we didn't. simple.

NOW....in terms of player performances.....i thought Gerrard was our man of the match. He did cover alot of ground however, and i thought he should have been closer to Suarez more....so in the end Luis was left pretty isolated, and had a very quiet game by his standards....

The defence did their job.....Enrique barring his mistake done ok. Spearing will no doubt be slated, but he wasn't terrible....he was worse against Fulham. Same can be said for Henderson although he did try to impose himself in our attack more, to no effect.

Downing was poor. Shouldn't have played as long as he did...for the umteenth time this season.

Bellamy was too quiet/didnt impose himself on the game.

Carroll did well when he came on, as did Kuyt....they looked like they wanted to win the game and weren't scared of the occasion. Sadly too many of our players didn't have that same attitude.

Season over.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #1628 on: May 6, 2012, 08:04:14 am »
Everytime we've played at Wembley this season we've been our worst enemy. Unfortunately for us though our luck ran out yesterday.

Offline mat106

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1629 on: May 6, 2012, 08:05:12 am »

I get what you're  saying in that hopefully alarm bells will ring and the right evaluations will lead to the much needed responses, but I can never ever be happy to lose.

Offline liverpooll

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1630 on: May 6, 2012, 08:06:04 am »
Everytime we've played at Wembley this season we've been our worst enemy. Unfortunately for us though our luck ran out yesterday.

This, we pretty much hoped for penalties and miracles once again after going a goal down.

Offline tomster

• Main Stander
  • Fans don't boo nobodies
« Reply #1631 on: May 6, 2012, 08:06:13 am »
My arse smells as bad as I feel  :(

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1632 on: May 6, 2012, 08:20:24 am »
I'll be interested in next seasons excuses, when an already poor squad gets stretched by Gavin to start on August 11th.
Sorry answered my own question, 'Well the season started so early.were knackered. The fault for that lies square with the squad and the manager

Facts are Carling cup and what could be 10th in the league is.simply unacceptable

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1633 on: May 6, 2012, 08:23:42 am »
I'll be interested in next seasons excuses, when an already poor squad gets stretched by Gavin to start on August 11th.
Sorry answered my own question, 'Well the season started so early.were knackered. The fault for that lies square with the squad and the manager

Facts are Carling cup and what could be 10th in the league is.simply unacceptable

Who's Gavin?  ;)
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1634 on: May 6, 2012, 08:28:39 am »
Roy Keane's observation that we play like a 5-a-side team, in that we lack movement, hit the mark for me. At one time use to call for more of it, thinking it would lead to Barcelona style football, I was wrong and I think Keane is spot on. We looked very static yesterday.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1635 on: May 6, 2012, 08:39:36 am »
Roy Keane's observation that we play like a 5-a-side team, in that we lack movement, hit the mark for me. At one time use to call for more of it, thinking it would lead to Barcelona style football, I was wrong and I think Keane is spot on. We looked very static yesterday.

He is right that we lack movement, but I don't get the 5-a-side reference, our 5-a-side team are always on the move!

However the point is correct, players receive the ball and look up and see a lot of static teammates standing still and not looking to move forwards. It is frustrating. Also I tear my hair out at the lack of willingness of our attacking players to drive forward with the ball. Something Stevie is of course excellent at, but I guess was instructed not to do as he sat deep a lot of the time and tried to play raking passes. But Henderson and Downing need to grow some balls in that respect. I don't understand what our tactics are in this regard, what is the brief? How are we meant to be playing?

Suarez was incredibly isolated until Andy came on.

The ball was never over the line and anyone claiming otherwise is clutching at straws. But I was pleased for Carroll to score a belter of a goal, his desire and workrate were superb.

Sadly, there were a few out there that are not good enough to be starting- Spearing and Downing I think should be shown the door in the summer. Henderson should be relegated to a squad player rather than a regular starter at this point. We need more quality in midfield.

Also Enrique goes from the sublime to the ridiculous, I thought he had a shocker yesterday.

Offline **Glenn**

• Kopite
    • My twitter
« Reply #1636 on: May 6, 2012, 08:40:23 am »
It hurts in the morning.

Offline gandalf50

• Kopite
  • Named "Most Naive poster on Rawk" by L666kop
« Reply #1637 on: May 6, 2012, 08:42:07 am »
I'd like to think that Liverpool fans who are 'happy' (even a little bit) after a loss to Chelsea in a cup final are a minority.
That's the problem with yesterday. These two teams have probably met more than anyone else over the past 6 years (to the detriment of both and benefit to the mancs). But our lads always fought for everything against them. Yesterday we looked like a league one team against them and the lack of fight was sad.
There really isn't.  I think a lot of us, even our own have started doubting it. It's time to rise up. And take what is rightfully ours. It's a big mountain, but what is the point in achieving something, which everyone can?

Fate has given us a mountain too big. We have to rise. We have to believe.

fowler9_god

Offline rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #1638 on: May 6, 2012, 08:46:35 am »
Up, 300 miles from home, feeling shit and really really fucked off.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1639 on: May 6, 2012, 08:58:37 am »
That's the problem with yesterday. These two teams have probably met more than anyone else over the past 6 years (to the detriment of both and benefit to the mancs). But our lads always fought for everything against them. Yesterday we looked like a league one team against them and the lack of fight was sad.
The last half an hour was stirring. But I'm bemused by how we played the first hour