Author Topic: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 114839 times)

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
Re: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #1480 on: May 6, 2012, 01:10:51 am »
No mate. The game's changed. It's now hyped beyond all reason. It's not the sport of the working class anymore. It's the opium of the masses and a global media entertainment business. If they'd just started out both Shankly and Ferguson would be sacked now. The thing is, the actual game and the time it takes to build a dominant football club/team hasn't changed. It's a society thing. But this is an after match thread, not a debate on today's demands and expectations.

Agree with that, Everything NOW culture.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #1481 on: May 6, 2012, 01:11:25 am »

I feel strangely serene. Feels like a bad season was put out of its misery today. Relief, in a way, after a miserable result.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1482 on: May 6, 2012, 01:12:06 am »
Yes, you're wrong. 4 points away is a title challenge. Think you made your mind up as anti Rafa early on. Don't know why to be honest.

Out of Souness, Evans, Houllier, Rafa, Roy and Kenny, maybe as someone who has been quite anti Rafa you can explain to me and everyone else that list and coming 4pnts behind and running it to the wire. Because as you said, winning is everything and 2nd = 18th to you.

Are you on crack ya beano?  Someone commented on our league titles or lack of and I pointed out this can be traced back 22 yrs, simply because we haven't won any.  I never mentioned Rafa or any other manager.

How the fuck you can now take from that that I am 'anti Rafa' and 2nd = 18th?  WTF planet are you on?  I don't have to explain fuck all to you or anyone else.

I'm off to bed.  By the way, the mods have obviously got the measure of you before now with a fairly apt sig under your username.

Offline mat106

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1483 on: May 6, 2012, 01:13:06 am »
No mate. The game's changed. It's now hyped beyond all reason. It's not the sport of the working class anymore. It's the opium of the masses and a global media entertainment business. If they'd just started out both Shankly and Ferguson would be sacked now. The thing is, the actual game and the time it takes to build a dominant football club/team hasn't changed. It's a society thing. But this is an after match thread, not a debate on today's demands and expectations.

Well said!!! Just a reflection of something happening on a grander scale.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1484 on: May 6, 2012, 01:14:03 am »
True but by the same standards Roy Hodgson should have been given more time and the fans clamour for him to be given the boot should not have been heeded. Sometimes the fans are right.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline redrave

• Main Stander
  • I asked for a table and they bought me a lampshade
« Reply #1485 on: May 6, 2012, 01:14:29 am »
Just got home. Feeling very mixed emotions really. The first half was just humiliating - no second half could gloss over that. Why humiliating? Because it displayed to the world what Liverpool Football Club has become, who we have become: cowards like Jordan Henderson (who can sort of be excused by age) and Stewart Downing (who definitely can't) who play the easy ball at every opportunity, or most unforgiveably, simply go missing and don't look for the ball at all. And yet, after Carroll came on it was great. I really really felt we were going to do it. I was having so much fun, there was an inevitably about it. Sadly it didn't quite happen. But was the second half that much better? Our attacking play was still so predictable and easy for Chelsea to deal with: ball out wide, overlap, shitty cross that gets cut out for a corner or throw. I think that's the biggest problem we have for next season - other clubs know what they're going to get from us and know how to nullify it. But the germs of a top side are there. And we DO have the right manager. Absolutely the man to take us back to the top.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #1486 on: May 6, 2012, 01:15:06 am »
I feel strangely serene. Feels like a bad season was put out of its misery today. Relief, in a way, after a miserable result.

In a strange way, I did have the same feeling. It faded about a half an hour though. Just feeling what might've been now. The more I think about it the more I think Chelsea were there for the taking today.
For large parts of the match, they were poor and the sad thing about it is that that's all they needed to be.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #1487 on: May 6, 2012, 01:15:18 am »

I feel the same, it's odd really I thought it  would feel must worse
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1488 on: May 6, 2012, 01:16:41 am »

I know what you mean, ive not been well at all of late and put it down to that mostly.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #1489 on: May 6, 2012, 01:16:55 am »
You're spot on as usual, mate. But you're wasting your time trying to preach to whoppers who start off playing Football manager with Liverpool and switch the game off after a few defeats.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1490 on: May 6, 2012, 01:18:13 am »
Given what happened in those 5 years you are lucky we are not Portsmouth, how about you take your own advice and use some logic.

Not arsed with you, you're a fucking ostrich. Everything is rosey in the land of GS.

Offline mat106

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1491 on: May 6, 2012, 01:19:04 am »
Same here! Relieved this season is over and done with!

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1492 on: May 6, 2012, 01:23:03 am »
It faded about a half an hour though. Just feeling what might've been now. The more I think about it the more I think Chelsea were there for the taking today.

That way lies madness mate.

I only made peace with Athens recently.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1493 on: May 6, 2012, 01:23:35 am »

I'm exactly the same. Actually felt worse after we were beaten by West Ham 3-1 at the end of last season. After the whistle was blown today, my feelings just subsided and that was that. The season's been appalling - this is just another bollocks result to add to the tally.

It shouldn't be like this.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1494 on: May 6, 2012, 01:24:28 am »
You're spot on as usual, mate. But you're wasting your time trying to preach to whoppers who start off playing Football manager with Liverpool and switch the game off after a few defeats.
He is (in part) but can we be a little less condescending towards younger fans? Alienating young fans is not going to help the club.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Jig.

• Kopite
  • Dark was the night, cold was the ground
« Reply #1495 on: May 6, 2012, 01:24:39 am »

With nothing to lose, you can't lose at all.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1496 on: May 6, 2012, 01:25:05 am »
True but by the same standards Roy Hodgson should have been given more time and the fans clamour for him to be given the boot should not have been heeded. Sometimes the fans are right.
No. Not having a go, but catch on.... Hodgson should have never been here. Fan's ridiculous demands and expectations helped get the man the job. For that, we are still suffering and Hodgson's retirment fund went up by some part of 50 million that was wasted on him and a few drawings of some space ship that was going to land in L4.

Honestly, not having a dig. Just catch on... we support. That's it. We don't dictate club policy or pick and choose managers... end of.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1497 on: May 6, 2012, 01:25:37 am »
It shouldn't be like this.

You're right, it shouldn't.

Its been a strange, soul-sapping season.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1498 on: May 6, 2012, 01:26:22 am »
He is (in part) but can we be a little less condescending towards younger fans? Alienating young fans is not going to help the club.
I know a lot of younger fans who get us mate. They get us more than a lot of the older fans as well. So I don't know where you get that I'm giving the young ones a dig..

Offline nijartovino

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1499 on: May 6, 2012, 01:26:29 am »
So...this is my first post, hello to everybody.I am spanish, I am not a big fan but Liverpool is my favourite team in Premier League.I think that many people started to follow English football thanks to Liverpool some years ago. some questions... when are you going to fire Kenny Dalglish? I donīt want to be rude but i donīt see him too much future (not always the great players are great managers). Why donīt you bring Benitez back? well, actually i donīt know very well what is the general opinion about that but...at least with him you had big names in the team, being a serious team in Europe. I think that he is desperate to come back :D, regards!

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1500 on: May 6, 2012, 01:26:40 am »
[img]http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3kn4mSOzM1rucppno1_500.jpg[/

[img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3kn4mSOzM1rucppno2_1280.jpg[

[img]http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3kn4mSOzM1rucppno3_1280.jpgmg]

Let it go.

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1501 on: May 6, 2012, 01:28:21 am »
So...this is my first post, hello to everybody.I am spanish, I am not a big fan but Liverpool is my favourite team in Premier League.I think that many people started to follow English football thanks to Liverpool some years ago. some questions... when are you going to fire Kenny Dalglish? I donīt want to be rude but i donīt see him too much future (not always the great players are great managers). Why donīt you bring Benitez back? well, actually i donīt know very well what is the general opinion about that but...at least with him you had big names in the team, being a serious team in Europe. I think that he is desperate to come back :D, regards!

Tick, tock, tick, tock...

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #1502 on: May 6, 2012, 01:28:47 am »
Funnily enough, I don't feel particularly "spoilt" right now.

Me neither mate...but then I realise I've seen us win 30+ major trophies in my lifetime...and I don't really qualify for the auld arse thread yet. I was just commenting on a very negative post, but then again we've just lost a cup final so I'm not exactly high as a kite meself. But if people want to throw in the towel, they're supporting the wrong club.

Just prefer this kind of attitude...

Suarez is there, Lucas will be back and Andy looked immense, adding a pure quality winger on par with Valencia or Nani, a deep lying midfielder to partner Lucas like Javi Martinez and a poacher of some kind and we will be headed back to Champs League.
 We may not be that far off but again the correct decisions need to be made this summer.

...but each to his own eh.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1503 on: May 6, 2012, 01:29:13 am »
Lad, I don't give a fuck about age... if you're daft, you're daft, regardless of how many candles are on yer cake. But, most people do learn a bit, evein if it's only patience, with the passing of time.

So, tip... stop harping on about managers we want. We got our way the last 2 times. Now you want to go for a hat trick. Fuck that. I'll wait and see what happens and in the mean time I'll support the fella doing his best for us.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1504 on: May 6, 2012, 01:30:33 am »
Ola El Manco.

Offline RedLeader

• Main Stander
« Reply #1505 on: May 6, 2012, 01:30:58 am »
Was curious myself.
Mate sent this too me.

Yeah, looks over the line, and what everyone is missing, is that the angle of the shot is not directly in line with the deadball line either.

IF it was it would be even further over the line.

However, all it will do is aide the call for Vid Tech to be introduced.
Because it is of little help to us now..

Offline mat106

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1506 on: May 6, 2012, 01:31:24 am »

Piss poor effort :wave

Offline RuncornRed25

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1507 on: May 6, 2012, 01:31:34 am »

erm where is this from? any old blert on twitter or beyond could have just made that lol

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1508 on: May 6, 2012, 01:32:02 am »

Offline nijartovino

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1509 on: May 6, 2012, 01:34:11 am »
who is el manco?

Offline dernaroy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1510 on: May 6, 2012, 01:37:01 am »
erm where is this from? any old blert on twitter or beyond could have just made that lol

That's from ITV, people keep going on about it but what people seem to have missed is that they then showed a shot straight after that that showed that the whole of the ball wasn't over the whole of the line. What we are seeing there is that the whole of the ball is past the whole of the crossbar, not the same thing as the goalline. I paused it and took a picture on my phone, might try and get it up here.
i admireyour optimism but if you honestly believe we will finish even in the top 6 this year , then you my friend (im at pains to say this ) are deluded.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1511 on: May 6, 2012, 01:37:12 am »
I know a lot of younger fans who get us mate. They get us more than a lot of the older fans as well. So I don't know where you get that I'm giving the young ones a dig..
It is the Football Manager playing trope, I find it a throwaway comment, that does not add anything to any debate frankly. If we stayed true to the old ways, Hodgson would not have been sacked (he may of course never have been appointed in the first place).

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1512 on: May 6, 2012, 01:38:37 am »
who is el manco?

A strange, mythical creature. Some say it has six fingers, maintains incestuous relationships with its family members, and listens to the Happy Mondays.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1513 on: May 6, 2012, 01:39:55 am »
Haha...   :D
About as Spanish as Betties hot pot mate

Offline RedLeader

• Main Stander
« Reply #1514 on: May 6, 2012, 01:40:00 am »
Roy Hodgson should have been given more time and the fans clamour for him to be given the boot should not have been heeded. Sometimes the fans are right.

Disagree...

Hodgson was an embarrassment as a manager of a Great Footballing Club.
How Hodgson & Dalglish can be viewed in the same light is incredible, really.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #1515 on: May 6, 2012, 01:40:24 am »
Like a Spanish Gary Neville

Offline -RedTilDead-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1516 on: May 6, 2012, 01:40:53 am »
That's from ITV, people keep going on about it but what people seem to have missed is that they then showed a shot straight after that that showed that the whole of the ball wasn't over the whole of the line. What we are seeing there is that the whole of the ball is past the whole of the crossbar, not the same thing as the goalline. I paused it and took a picture on my phone, might try and get it up here.

If anything the position of the crossbar is slightly away from the pitch and goal-line, therefore if the ball is over the crossbar then it is definitely over the line.  However it doesn't really matter as we didn't play well enough to win.
"I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are." - Homer Simpson

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #1517 on: May 6, 2012, 01:41:46 am »
Disagree...

Hodgson was an embarrassment as a manager of a Great Footballing Club.
How Hodgson & Dalglish can be viewed in the same light is incredible, really.

Is spot on. The fact that there mentioned in the same sentence is a cause for great concern. That's my opinion, anyway.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1518 on: May 6, 2012, 01:42:18 am »
Hodgson may of course never have been appointed in the first place).
Hurrah!

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #1519 on: May 6, 2012, 01:42:46 am »
That big Geordie looked pretty good. He changed the game like Barca couldn't.