Author Topic: FC Barcelona  (Read 886843 times)

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
Re: FC Barcelona
« Reply #520 on: May 30, 2013, 09:47:22 am »
According to Balague, we are about to sign Luis Alberto from Barca's B-team. He is a 20-year-old Seville player, who was on loan with Barca's B-team for a season. His stats in the Segunda Division this season were pretty impressive, with 11 goals and 18 assists in 37 appearances. It seems that Barca have declined their €4 million option to sign him permanently, but that doesn't means he is not good enough. I have watched some Barca B-team games this season, and I am pretty impressed with what I have seen of Luis Alberto. An additional insight from our friends who are watching Barca's B-team regularly would be appreciated.

Seriously it seems you watch lots of football from all over the world. Is that your profession orelse what do you do for your living?
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline Dani LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #521 on: May 30, 2013, 09:59:18 am »
Seriously it seems you watch lots of football from all over the world. Is that your profession orelse what do you do for your living?

I have recently went into early retirement due to health reasons. Watching football was always my hobby, but now I have even more time to do it. By the way, I used to play the game until the age of 17, but my career was cut short by a major injury (and subsequent surgeries).

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #522 on: May 30, 2013, 10:03:54 am »
I have recently went into early retirement due to health reasons. Watching football was always my hobby, but now I have even more time to do it. By the way, I used to play the game until the age of 17, but my career was cut short by a major injury (and subsequent surgeries).

Hmmm. Feel sorry for you  :(

Offline Dani LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: May 30, 2013, 10:18:36 am »
Hmmm. Feel sorry for you  :(

Thank you, mate. Still, there is a good thing about it. Now I actually have time to spend with my kids.  :)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #524 on: May 30, 2013, 10:23:40 am »
What else is there to do in Macedonia besides watching football?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #525 on: May 30, 2013, 10:24:39 am »
Thank you, mate. Still, there is a good thing about it. Now I actually have time to spend with my kids.  :)
But it looks like you are spending your time watching other kids play ;D

Offline Dani LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: May 30, 2013, 10:33:41 am »
But it looks like you are spending your time watching other kids play ;D

Mate, my kids also love watching and playing the game. I have high hopes for them, especially for the younger one.  :D

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #527 on: May 30, 2013, 10:37:58 am »
Mate, my kids also love watching and playing the game. I have high hopes for them, especially for the younger one.  :D
All the best to them mate. Let them achieve in what you have failed

Offline Dani LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: May 30, 2013, 10:39:42 am »
All the best to them mate. Let them achieve in what you have failed

:thumbup

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: May 30, 2013, 10:43:46 am »

:lmao

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #530 on: May 30, 2013, 11:02:06 am »
Cheeky. Seriously Dani LFC reminds me of him.

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: May 30, 2013, 11:18:04 am »
Does it really matter if it is him? seems to bring lot of information to the table regardless. Anyway what is this lads best attributes ?? would he be pushing for Allen and Henderson spot or Gerrard? can he play in 433? left or right? 

for 4m euros can't be much of loss if he turns out crap in 2/3 years.
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline Dani LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: May 30, 2013, 11:22:28 am »
Anyway what is this lads best attributes ?? would he be pushing for Allen and Henderson spot or Gerrard? can he play in 433? left or right?

From what I have seen of him, he has played as a central attacking midfielder, or as a left sided forward at Barca's B-team. There are certainly people in this thread who have watched him more regularly, so they would probably tell us.

Offline Dani LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: May 30, 2013, 11:54:49 am »
Barcelona's Bojan Krkic linked to Premier League as AC Milan deal played down

By Lucas Brown
Last Updated: May 30, 2013

Bojan Krkic's father has revealed that his son is keen to go to a club where he will play regularly and is unlikely to spend next season with AC Milan.

The 22-year-old forward has been on loan at the San Siro from Barcelona for the past 12 months but the Serie A club are not thought to be keen on arranging a new deal.

Liverpool and Swansea City have been linked with Bojan and his father believes Barca could be tempted to part with the player after signing Neymar.

"I am convinced that Bojan has the quality to play for Barca, but his priority is to go to a team where he will have plenty of playing time," said the player's father, also named Bojan Krkic.

"Milan are happy with his progress, but they do not want to loan him again because they cannot guarantee him minutes.

"We have not talked to Barcelona yet because we want to see what Milan say first and because they are tied up with the arrival of Neymar."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8742668/

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: May 30, 2013, 01:18:37 pm »
Abidal been released

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #535 on: May 30, 2013, 04:37:19 pm »
Hope we go nowhere near Bojan.

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #536 on: May 30, 2013, 05:10:52 pm »
Not fussed about Bojan, haven't seen anything to think he'd be an upgrade on Borini
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: May 31, 2013, 06:36:04 am »
Abidal has now been released by Barca. He wanted to stay, but he has to understand Barca and not put Barca in a tough spot. He already did in press conference really saying he wanted to stay. He probably is honest, but on the other hand, Barca paid his multimillion dollar contract and treatment for 2 years that he wasn't playing or barely playing. If he wanted to stay for a low wage, I think it'd be OK, but Barca would be in a weird spot to offer that. It should have come from Abidal.

Extending him again, fully knowing that he will not be a first team player, that he is ageing and that he is not fully fit... too much to ask.

Tito's situation mirrors this really, and again, Barca are in a tough spot. Just like Abidal last summer, Barca cannot release/fire Tito. But he should be man enough to admit that in his condition, back and forth between New York and Barcelona, is not going to end well for neither him nor Barca. But just like Abidal, work is something that is connecting Tito to life, so he is not willing to let it go.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #538 on: May 31, 2013, 12:25:40 pm »
Victor Valdes has announced at a press conference that he's seeing out his contract at Barcelona and 2013/14 will be his last season.

Offline Dani LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: May 31, 2013, 01:20:03 pm »
David Villa considering offers as Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham in for Barca ace

By Joe Mewis
31 May 2013

Barcelona striker David Villa is reportedly weighing up offers from Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham as he looks set for a Premier League move.

According to Spanish website Sport.es, the all-time leading Spain goalscorer has decided his future lies away from the Spanish champions and has decided on a Premier League move.

Arsenal are in the driving seat to land the Barcelona striker who is available for €14million, following their qualification for next season's Champions League.

As we previously revealed, Spurs have been in negotiations with Barca, but their failure to qualify for the Europe's top competition puts them at a disadvantage.

At Anfield, Pepe Reina has been keen to emphasise to his international team-mate that with a new structure in place, Liverpool are again ready to challenge for honours.

Villa is keen to play regular first-team football next season, as he eyes a place in the Spanish team at the World Cup in Brazil.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/david-villa-wanted-arsenal-tottenham-1923865?

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: June 1, 2013, 01:44:20 am »
Victor Valdes has announced at a press conference that he's seeing out his contract at Barcelona and 2013/14 will be his last season.
Valdes said he is exhausted. I think almost every player in Barca squad is exhausted at this point.

It's a shame Barca cannot find a good replacement. Not sure how can he perform at top level if he isn't motivated at Barca any more.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #541 on: June 1, 2013, 10:12:25 am »
Barcelona v Malaga on live tonight.

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: June 1, 2013, 11:08:31 am »
Valdes said he is exhausted. I think almost every player in Barca squad is exhausted at this point.

It's a shame Barca cannot find a good replacement. Not sure how can he perform at top level if he isn't motivated at Barca any more.
Exhausted from doing what? he hardly has to make a save most of times. I can't wait for him to leave Barca lets see if everyone thinks he that good in lower standard team.
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #543 on: June 1, 2013, 12:11:10 pm »
Signing Neymar.....

Are Barça becoming a team of galacticos?

Their success was built from home grown stars and their fallow periods seem to have coincided with just signing stars.

I'm sure they'll still finish in the top two in la liga, but perhaps the essence of their success is diluted now?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #544 on: June 1, 2013, 12:13:48 pm »
Neymar will be the Plan B that Zlatan was supposed to be.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: June 1, 2013, 12:59:35 pm »
Signing Neymar.....

Their success was built from home grown stars and their fallow periods seem to have coincided with just signing stars.

I'm sure they'll still finish in the top two in la liga, but perhaps the essence of their success is diluted now?

Thats a bit of a myth as since 2000 pretty much each summer they have brought in creative/ attacking talent in either a star , a hyped up player of that season or the next big thing....

Overmars, Saviola, Riquelme, Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Henry, Hleb, Villa, Ibra, Afellay, Sanchez & now Neymar.

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: June 1, 2013, 01:13:51 pm »
Signing Neymar.....

Guess you don't watch Barca much they buy star every season no different to Real(just Real buy 1,2,3 stars)

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: June 1, 2013, 05:20:28 pm »
Exhausted from doing what? he hardly has to make a save most of times. I can't wait for him to leave Barca lets see if everyone thinks he that good in lower standard team.
Mental exhaustion does not correlate with the amount of work you do. After you win everything, you naturally cannot push yourself much. It becomes a bit of a routine.

Don't know, even in my own job, after finishing a big project, it's very difficult to start the next one. I can go weeks not doing much.

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: June 1, 2013, 05:37:34 pm »
Mental exhaustion does not correlate with the amount of work you do. After you win everything, you naturally cannot push yourself much. It becomes a bit of a routine.

Don't know, even in my own job, after finishing a big project, it's very difficult to start the next one. I can go weeks not doing much.
That's fair point but reality is he will regret leaving.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: June 1, 2013, 06:02:12 pm »
Guess you don't watch Barca much they buy star every season no different to Real(just Real buy 1,2,3 stars)
But the core of their team that has broken records has been homegrown.

They've never quite gone for real type players.

I think I'm trying to say that they've lost their way somewhat!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #550 on: June 1, 2013, 06:05:05 pm »
Woof, that was a pass and a half from Iniesta. ;D

Good goal Villa.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: June 1, 2013, 06:07:18 pm »
See, told you they were finished ;D
« Last Edit: June 1, 2013, 06:15:15 pm by Tepid water »
W

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #552 on: June 1, 2013, 06:10:55 pm »
Incredible pass for that goal.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: June 1, 2013, 06:14:58 pm »
They're just playing like this to humiliate me now.

Bastards.
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: June 1, 2013, 06:17:05 pm »
A flukey third just to nail their point home.

:(
W

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #555 on: June 1, 2013, 06:18:00 pm »
Exhausted from doing what?

Probably the expectation of having to continually win and be better than the previous season. Perhaps, also he sees this as a good time to leave. Most of the Spanish players on the Barcelona team have been playing non-stop for the past 4+ years going deep into continental, domestic and international competitions. You have to wonder how much longer Barcelona can sustain success. Graham Hunter's book on Barcelona notes that Xavi suffers from long-term Achilles problems with no rest. Puyol is injured more now than he actually plays.

Online thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #556 on: June 1, 2013, 06:27:22 pm »
Probably the expectation of having to continually win and be better than the previous season. Perhaps, also he sees this as a good time to leave. Most of the Spanish players on the Barcelona team have been playing non-stop for the past 4+ years going deep into continental, domestic and international competitions. You have to wonder how much longer Barcelona can sustain success. Graham Hunter's book on Barcelona notes that Xavi suffers from long-term Achilles problems with no rest. Puyol is injured more now than he actually plays.

I has taken a toll on them, no doubt about that. And I think the German national team will take advantage of it like Bayern did this year.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: June 1, 2013, 06:27:23 pm »
But the core of their team that has broken records has been homegrown.

They've never quite gone for real type players.

I think I'm trying to say that they've lost their way somewhat!
Really?

On top of my head, they have bought Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Larrson, Motta, Marquez, Edmilson, Belleti, Sylvinho, Thuram, Zambrotta, Keita, Henry, Yaya, Abidal, Hleb, Maxwell, Adriano, Ibrahimovic, Mascherano, Villa, Sanchez, Song, and Pinto.

Not mentioning Pique, Cesc and Alba who were all sold then rebought again.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: June 1, 2013, 06:30:30 pm »
Really?

On top of my head, they have bought Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Larrson, Motta, Marquez, Edmilson, Belleti, Sylvinho, Thuram, Zambrotta, Keita, Henry, Yaya, Abidal, Hleb, Maxwell, Adriano, Ibrahimovic, Mascherano, Villa, Sanchez, Song, and Pinto.

Ok my argument is hideously flawed.

But, they've not gone out and bought the likes of zidane, Ronaldo (either), kaka etc.

Their signing are usually (a bit) more of a prospect than a bonefide superstar.

Neymar seems a bit of a change to that policy.
W

Online thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #559 on: June 1, 2013, 06:36:23 pm »
Really?

Yes but they haven't really played together in one team at the same time, have they? I think having a proper system, playing style and adherence to it has helped them more than the individual players or stars. And of course, having Messi in the team helps as well. ;D