Author Topic: FC Barcelona  (Read 886919 times)

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
Re: FC Barcelona
« Reply #400 on: June 28, 2012, 04:15:59 pm »
Cant see any deals during the window trumping te value of this one. cracking little player and for that price its unbelieveable. How did valencia not tie him up on a longer contract? they are renowned for doing just that, silva, mata, villa etc!

Offline gordonchas

• Jilted John was right.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: June 28, 2012, 05:15:20 pm »
I suppose it depends on who has had the best of it over time. The player was let go by Barcelona so you could say that Valencia had good value from someone they picked up for 5 grand, while Barcelona are paying 14 million for a player they initially developed themselves.

Offline Stevie93

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: June 28, 2012, 05:18:25 pm »
Can't believe I ever thought Enrique should be starting for Spain. His form at the start of the season fooled a lot of people.

I always thought Monreal was better than Enrique, but Alba has taken a step above both of them. Unbelievable engine and technique on him.

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
  • Does anybody wanna buy a country?
« Reply #403 on: July 7, 2012, 09:05:48 pm »
barcastuff ‏@barcastuff
Official: Malian midfielder Seydou Keita (32) has today informed the club that he will not continue at Barcelona next season #fcblive
"My country is the world, and my religion to do good." (Thomas Paine)

Offline Sindri

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #404 on: July 7, 2012, 10:54:16 pm »
barcastuff ‏@barcastuff
Official: Malian midfielder Seydou Keita (32) has today informed the club that he will not continue at Barcelona next season #fcblive
Going to china for a retirement fund? Wouldnt mind him at Liverpool to be honest.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: July 7, 2012, 11:03:46 pm »
Confirmed to China.

Offline Stevie93

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: July 7, 2012, 11:04:10 pm »
Going to china for a retirement fund? Wouldnt mind him at Liverpool to be honest.

If he were 4 years younger.

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #407 on: July 8, 2012, 01:21:07 am »

..... he'd be 28?
Bet 1, Lyon v B Munich...No Hat Trick @ 1.03.
Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fucking Razorlight.

Offline Sindri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: July 8, 2012, 07:39:27 pm »
Still by an upgrade on anything we have in midfield bar Gerrard and Lucas.

Also not about Keita but when did people start thinking players over 30 where untouchables? Plenty of top class players play into there late 30s at the top level. Gary Mac was what, 35 when Houllier signed him.
Sir Giggs and ginger boy are still going at it with the mancs, and both of them are nearer to senior discounts then they are to kindergarden...
Doesnt matter a damn how old players are, if they are good enough and fit enough they should be considered.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #409 on: July 8, 2012, 07:47:17 pm »
Keita is classy and would be a great utility player, for Barca he plays sometimes instead of a number of midfield players, from the defensive midfielder(Busquets) to the more attacking midfielders (Xavi, Iniesta, Thiago). Guardiola used him a lot. He's reliable and classy
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Wait for it!!!

• Unimaginative pisshead!!! +!!
  • Kopite
  • hat, cap, scarf or your banner??
« Reply #410 on: July 8, 2012, 09:09:23 pm »
I am in Barce 23.8 to 28.8.12 Are Barca at home on any of them dates anyone know???
Advices mucho appreciated gracias
Keegan to Smith to Keegan and Newcastle were undressed!!!!!
Wembley Stadium May 1974 - as a 12 year old flared, stack shoed Alsop Comp LFC diehard. The joy!!

Online redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #411 on: July 8, 2012, 09:19:26 pm »
I am in Barce 23.8 to 28.8.12 Are Barca at home on any of them dates anyone know???
Advices mucho appreciated gracias

Barcelona web site says no La liga fixtures out yet.

Friendlies v Hamburg and mancs early August.

You'll have to wait for it !
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline Wait for it!!!

• Kopite
« Reply #412 on: July 8, 2012, 09:26:58 pm »
Cheers mate saw they were playing Thosewhomustnotbenamed in a friendly and had this morbid vision of me me 2 lads and me missus sat with a load of vermin shouting "OLE" every time Barca got the ball!!!!
Wembley Stadium May 1974 - as a 12 year old flared, stack shoed Alsop Comp LFC diehard. The joy!!

Offline Wait for it!!!

• Kopite
« Reply #413 on: July 8, 2012, 09:28:05 pm »
Ha Haaaa just realised your "Wait for it" comment!! Tee and indeed hee!!

Offline BigMarcs

• Would like an R with his Mac...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: July 9, 2012, 03:49:02 am »
Pity Keita left, he is such a good player that could fit in any midfield role Barcelona utilized. He also chipped in with quite a few goals from midfield, if he had been playing full season he would have got in double digits I reckon. I think they'll promote Sergi Roberto or Jonathan Dos Santos from the B team to replace him.
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/bigcreds

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #415 on: July 9, 2012, 11:09:19 am »
Their tactic is generally let their creative players create something and I guess their creative players all reside in the centre of the field so it was all about getting a through ball through in and around the box. Even when they went wide it seemed to only be to try to stretch the game a bit and the instruction of the wide players seemed to be to then give it back to Xavi and co so that they could possibly do something with that extra space. If a through ball on the deck didn't get through then they tried the dinked/chipped pass a lot which would have been so easy for the defenders as it would have been in front of them and never got them turning towards their own goal.

I dunno, maybe stick Messi out wide and tell him and the winger on the other side to really stretch the play and get at the fullback? God knows they have the ability. Maybe float some crosses into the centre rather than drilled, middle to low crosses just to see if they can get Cech off his line a bit? Maybe take some long shots just to give them a bit more to think about because Messi was the only one willing to have a go from a distance and hence a couple of people on him all the time. Maybe having Iniesta or Xavi or Sanchez have a shot may have just been something a bit different?

I don't why but this came to mind when reading the above.

"The other point, surely, is that at least some of the options players need in the attacking phase must be forwards. Both Barcelona against Chelsea and Spain against Italy experienced a number of instances when a player received the ball 30 yards from goal and had only sideways or backwards passes available; what is needed then is players to make runs from deeper to burst beyond the line of the ball. That's precisely how Cesc Fábregas won the penalty against Chelsea and precisely how he scored his goal against Italy.

The introduction of Fernando Torres, meanwhile, while it might not have done much for Spain's harmony, certainly disrupted Italy, not least because it made Daniele De Rossi attempt to defend.

There's an irony there, of course, that it may be better for a proactive side to introduce a player that disrupts its own harmony because of the greater disruption he causes to the harmony of a reactive opponent."

Barca as great as they are or should I say the brand of football they look to play means that the whole team must be working as one, in harmony together for it to work. The problem with that your opponents NOT being in harmony together is just as important and in some situations even more important.
« Last Edit: July 9, 2012, 11:11:09 am by BMW »

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: April 5, 2013, 01:02:23 pm »

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #417 on: April 5, 2013, 01:10:07 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQVvg9heZ08

Christ that's some technique. The one at the end where Alves screws it a bit to Messi's right and makes it look like the simplest thing in the world.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #418 on: April 5, 2013, 11:06:31 pm »
Insane fact:

Xavi Hernandez has been with the Barcelona first squad now for 15 years; he has played 665 official matches. But before Tuesday he had never scored a penalty for the team.
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: April 6, 2013, 12:20:58 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQVvg9heZ08
Wow, what a find :D I wish they continued recording, and uploading.

Offline loozy

• Legacy Fan
  • Phil M's biggest female fan
« Reply #420 on: April 6, 2013, 09:33:39 am »
Apparently they do it every time during warm-up  :o

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #422 on: April 6, 2013, 11:02:14 am »
Apparently they do it every time during warm-up  :o
Ye, I had seen it before.
Just youtube "Messi Alves Warmup".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38s5lXSPRV8
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline loozy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: April 6, 2013, 11:10:47 am »
Ye, I had seen it before.
Just youtube "Messi Alves Warmup".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38s5lXSPRV8

Cheers, that's brilliant to watch :)

Just found this, too: juggling while holding hands in a circle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn-EuZKtJVI

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #424 on: April 6, 2013, 11:18:01 am »
Here is another from February last year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXR2MAdePbs

They just spend a good 10 minutes every warm up passing to each other, long range, short range, whatever.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline loozy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: April 6, 2013, 11:25:11 am »
Here is another from February last year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXR2MAdePbs

They just spend a good 10 minutes every warm up passing to each other, long range, short range, whatever.

Robbie Williams!!!  ;D

edit: now I know what to look out for when I am in the Nou Camp next year  ;D

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #426 on: April 6, 2013, 11:29:55 am »
I love training videos. One touch piggy in the middle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeAaLynePvI

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: April 6, 2013, 11:32:48 am »
I'd just love to play on the astro turf or something with a couple of Barcelona players or any players at this level just to really see how good they are, if you think about it too hard your head nearly explodes thinking about how good these players must be.

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #428 on: May 2, 2013, 04:17:53 pm »
Dear Cesc, ok..

Technically superb, tactically aware and mentally tough. Skillful beyond his years and technically tactful in a tactically technical kind of way. I believe that, ok, you maybe be a barca boy ok but if you were part of the group here at this world renowned institution, I believe that we could tactically and technically rule the world!

What say you?

Regards,
B Rod!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #429 on: May 2, 2013, 08:04:14 pm »
I've said it for ages, they need to look at buying a CB to replace Puyol and another to provide competition for Pique. Instead of looking to convert central midfielders into centre-backs, they should have been looking for Puyol's successor the minute they got rid of Chygrinsky. I'd also argue that you've had the same nucleus of players (Valdes, Messi, Puyol, Pique, Xavi, Iniesta) playing non-stop in international, continental and domestic tournaments for the past 3-4 years running. They must be knackered. Sid Lowe had a great piece in The Guardian today in which he noted the Barcelona players admitted they found it extremely difficult to compete physically with Bayern and that they will look to add height and strength in the summer. I don't really see this as being the end of an era, but perhaps Barcelona might evolve their approach, which has resulted in several players over the past few years (Ibrahimovic, Chygrinsky etc) being dumped in a costly manner, as they didn't automatically sync with the homegrown players. It's not like they've not had physically tough players before (Keita, Toure, Puyol etc), it's mainly that they haven't bothered to replace them after letting many of these players exit.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #430 on: May 2, 2013, 08:19:37 pm »
I'd also argue that you've had the same nucleus of players (Valdes, Messi, Puyol, Pique, Xavi, Iniesta) playing non-stop in international, continental and domestic tournaments for the past 3-4 years running. They must be knackered. Sid Lowe had a great piece in The Guardian today in which he noted the Barcelona players admitted they found it extremely difficult to compete physically with Bayern and that they will look to add height and strength in the summer.

I'd also like to know how fit they are mentally. I mean, we're talking about a team that has basically won everything that's there to win (including some of the Spanish players who have won European Championships and a World Cup). A team that has been hearing for one or two years that they're unbeatable and that they're the best team ever. Those are things that have to get to the players one day or another. If I remember correctly something similar happened under Rijkaard when the Ronaldinho-team had basically won everything and he started spending more time going out than on the training pitch and the team on the whole got worse...

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #431 on: May 2, 2013, 08:21:51 pm »
They've even got the FC bit in the wrong place. They're getting it all wrong now.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: May 3, 2013, 12:33:23 am »
I'd also like to know how fit they are mentally. I mean, we're talking about a team that has basically won everything that's there to win (including some of the Spanish players who have won European Championships and a World Cup). A team that has been hearing for one or two years that they're unbeatable and that they're the best team ever. Those are things that have to get to the players one day or another. If I remember correctly something similar happened under Rijkaard when the Ronaldinho-team had basically won everything and he started spending more time going out than on the training pitch and the team on the whole got worse...
This is, I am afraid the case. And not because Xavi and Iniesta started partying hard, no, but just regular daily life events became bigger. Barca players are marrying, having kids, and these are becoming the events for them that excite them. When did I last see excited, hungry Barca? Barca with motivation, fire in the belly? Well, I would say only once this season - vs Milan at home.

There are issues with physical conditions of the team. But mentality isn't there either. Tito himself doesn't seem motivated either, I cannot understand how can he stand there with no emotion at all. And it makes me mad to read his interviews. 3-0 and 4-0 with current Barca squad is a sackable offense, and he manages to make things worse with his interviews. Fucks me off no end.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #433 on: May 3, 2013, 12:39:47 am »
Tito himself doesn't seem motivated either, I cannot understand how can he stand there with no emotion at all. And it makes me mad to read his interviews. 3-0 and 4-0 with current Barca squad is a sackable offense, and he manages to make things worse with his interviews. Fucks me off no end.

To be fair, he's had bigger issues going on than football in recent months (i.e cancer treatment)

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: May 3, 2013, 12:48:50 am »
To be fair, he's had bigger issues going on than football in recent months (i.e cancer treatment)
Well, this is the only reason he hasn't been sacked. It won't be popular to do so, either.

But let's remember that Rijkaard got kicked out pretty quickly when it was clear that the team was on the downhill. If things don't change next season, and I doubt they will, without a major reorganization, Tito will be gone. It seems harsh to leave him out of job with cancer, but I wish he accepted to be an assistant manager.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #435 on: May 3, 2013, 02:03:25 am »
Think the whole crisis thing is a huge exaggeration - their transfer dealings have been ridiculous in that they haven't brought in the centre backs they've desperately needed for a few seasons now, and they've let a lot of the team's steel go with the likes of Toure and Keita but bring in a few defenders, move Mascher back to midfield and bring in a world class attacker like Neymar or Suarez, who would be top of my list if I were Barca (god forbid though) and I'll have them as favourites to win it all again.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #436 on: May 3, 2013, 10:52:07 am »
As a casual observer I would put the recent 'demise' down to:

Villa and Sanchez have generally flopped, becoming over relient on Messi to score the goals
There is no decent cover for Puyol or Pique
Alves doesnt look anywhere near the player he was 2 years ago

Lastly, and most importantly, not getting tested enough on a regular basis in La liga (made worse by the financial greed of Barca and RM) was going to have an impact sooner or later. You cant expect a team to keep beating teams without getting out of 3rd gear on a weekend to then instantly jump to 5th geat on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Sooner or later that was going to catch up with them.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: May 4, 2013, 06:07:00 am »
As a casual observer I would put the recent 'demise' down to:

Villa and Sanchez have generally flopped, becoming over relient on Messi to score the goals
There is no decent cover for Puyol or Pique
Alves doesnt look anywhere near the player he was 2 years ago

Lastly, and most importantly, not getting tested enough on a regular basis in La liga (made worse by the financial greed of Barca and RM) was going to have an impact sooner or later. You cant expect a team to keep beating teams without getting out of 3rd gear on a weekend to then instantly jump to 5th geat on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Sooner or later that was going to catch up with them.
Cannot argue with that. For the longest time, I thought the lack of competition in La Liga every week will hurt Barca at some point. It just has to. A strong competition from Real Madrid and relatively strong teams kept Barca going, but this season, there's no competition even from Real Madrid.

Consequently, after December, Barca's form went downhill very quickly. Lack of competition, lack of coach, playing with no motivation but winning on 4-5th gear thanks to Messi being driven enough...

La Liga needs competition badly. The best years of La Liga, with 3 teams in semis etc., were when Depor, Valencia, Real Madrid and Barca etc. were all extremely strong. Right now, Barca has to motivate themselves every week, and you cannot keep doing that year after year. There's no push from anywhere, from opponents or the coaches.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: May 4, 2013, 04:19:07 pm »
I just read an interesting statistics. In 247 games with Barcelona, Guardiola never lost a game by more than 2 goals. This looks impressive after back-to-back 4-0 and 3-0 losses.

Offline StrikingMidfield

• Legacy Fan
  • A red and green heart
« Reply #439 on: May 4, 2013, 04:29:48 pm »
I'm not totally sure if I'm buying into the "end of the Barcelona era" thing quite yet. They got smacked by Bayern of course, but any team on the planet would get a new one ripped for them against Bayern right now. However Barcelona is just one of those teams that just seem like they'll always be around the top. Might not be winning titles non-stop, but will always be contesting every title they are eligible for.

However a two or so year drought from Barcelona sure wouldn't hurt world football. I'd say it might be good if they weren't around for a few years.
Liverpool FC - Seattle Sounders FC