Author Topic: Man City 0-1 Liverpool: (Gerrard, pen) Half time........  (Read 122260 times)

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
Re: Man City v Liverpool: Carling Cup SF 1st Leg - Wed 11th Jan
« Reply #840 on: January 10, 2012, 03:39:07 pm »
Ridiculous that a tackle like that can lead to a 4 game ban...not going to complain about it now though!

Let's hope we've been feeding raw meat to big Andy and got him properly fired up for this.

It is ridiculous, but one is never interested in having the rules/interpretation of rules changed in the middle of the season, and given that one has been penalized harshly previously for less (see Jay Spearing).
Ludi Circenses!

Offline WobblyWilly

• Kemlynite
  • Red 'till I'm dead...
« Reply #841 on: January 10, 2012, 03:39:26 pm »
After the 3-0 loss, I for one am very grateful to our new favourite ref, Christopher Foy, ESQ. We will need every bit of advantage we can get, and reading that Yaya and Silver are doubtful...well that sends a welcome shiver down my.....well, let's just say I'm excited. 8)
Success is made the sweeter because of the disappointments -
 - Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish -

Offline liddellpool

• Kopite
  • Tuned to a natural E.
« Reply #842 on: January 10, 2012, 03:39:48 pm »
First ten minutes against United, then second half, their movement was brilliant. Attacking play and ball retention was amazing. But against us the difference was their strength/athleticism. So should be an interesting game, assuming we both play full strength sides.

Really hope to see Bellamy, Gerrard and Carroll...with Maxi on instead of Downing.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #843 on: January 10, 2012, 03:40:09 pm »
Appalling that they didn't rescind it. I would be furious about that - in much the same was a I was furious about the Spearing Red Card.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #844 on: January 10, 2012, 03:40:42 pm »
After the 3-0 loss, I for one am very grateful to our new favourite ref, Christopher Foy, ESQ. We will need every bit of advantage we can get, and reading that Yaya and Silver are doubtful...well that sends a welcome shiver down my.....well, let's just say I'm excited. 8)

Silva is a doubt, Yaya is out at the ACON.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #845 on: January 10, 2012, 03:41:02 pm »
I was thinking about that myself as well as the amount of time he took to leave the pitch. The FA usually chuck in another game suspension for a frivolous appeal as well.
usually do

i remember when Aliadiere was sent off at Anfield against Boro, he threw the girliest slap ever at mascherano and made no contact. it was the lamest attempt at slapping ever. he got a 3 game ban and red card, it was appealed given he never came close to mascherano (contact or hurt wise) and it just got increased to 4
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #846 on: January 10, 2012, 03:41:16 pm »
Sorry for Kompany because I didn't think there was that much in the tackle but good news for us.
Legacy fan

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #847 on: January 10, 2012, 03:41:22 pm »
It should have been rescinded.
Great for us and everything, but it should have been rescinded.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline S7ARZ

• Legacy Fan
  • 25/05/05
« Reply #848 on: January 10, 2012, 03:43:51 pm »
Great news for us, he was their best player against us and I think Carroll now has a golden oppurtunity let's hope he steps up to it

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #849 on: January 10, 2012, 03:46:01 pm »
I'd be really happy if Kenny and Mancini prearranged the pre-match interviews, and that they *both* say that it's a shame that *both* Suarez and Kompany are missing, as they've both been punished by the same organisation for something they didn't do (against the same opponent). Obviously, they'd have to say something more subtle, but as long as they both mentioned both injustices, I'd be happy :).

And, in my dreams, they could both add that this game will be played fairly and with mutual respect, and whatever happens, it will be decided on the pitch, and at the end all players will shake hands, and no one will approach the referee with any false allegations either during or after the game.

Unfortunately, I can't see it happening ;).

Offline Scribble8

• Bad WUM. Nu hållar sin käft, jävla wumjävel......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #850 on: January 10, 2012, 03:46:30 pm »
It's all a conspiracy.

Any human being who played football at least once wouldn't consider that a red card, absolutely ridiculous.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #851 on: January 10, 2012, 03:46:37 pm »
It should have been rescinded.
Great for us and everything, but it should have been rescinded.

As usual Ferguson sealed Kompany's fate in his post match press conference. I really cannot understand how Kompanys has been upheld but Rodwell's was overturned. A cynic might think it was something to do with a players Nationality.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline David H

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #852 on: January 10, 2012, 03:47:16 pm »
It really is fucking disgraceful how that red hasnt been removed

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #853 on: January 10, 2012, 03:47:20 pm »
As usual Ferguson sealed Kompany's fate in his post match press conference. I really cannot understand how Kompanys has been upheld but Rodwell's was overturned. A cynic might think it was something to do with a players Nationality.
very true

rodwells was far worse
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #854 on: January 10, 2012, 03:47:23 pm »
It's all a conspiracy.

Any human being who played football at least once wouldn't consider that a red card, absolutely ridiculous.

Nani certainly didn't.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #855 on: January 10, 2012, 03:48:39 pm »
If Downing converts his chance early in the league match, it's a different ball game. And if you look at the goals, their first one was obviously a mistake by Reina, the second was from a corner and the third was a penalty which was incorrectly awarded.  So if Downing scores we may well have won because it would have been a different match.

But the thing that makes me confident is that no team is going to go there this season and have as much of the ball as we did. We had a lot of possession. Have to make it count this time though. Even if we come away with a 1-1 tie and an away goal I'd be confident going in to 2nd leg at Anfield.
YWNA

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #856 on: January 10, 2012, 03:50:46 pm »
If people think it isn't getting rescinded they are dreaming. He won't be missing our games.
Like I said all along, it was never going to be rescinded whether anyone agrees or not. Everything we like about football is slowly being diluted from our game and people aren't keeping up with it.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #857 on: January 10, 2012, 03:51:12 pm »

It will be a proper miracle if Yaya plays, given the fact that's he's not actually in Manchester or anywhere in Europe for that matter.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #858 on: January 10, 2012, 03:52:10 pm »

Because Rodwell is british and he got sent off for tackling a uruguayan player, even back then before the race shitstorm people were looking to beat suarez to the ground, so the FA overturning rodwells card means more "fans" could now have the opinion that suarez, dived, cheated and got rodwell sent off.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #859 on: January 10, 2012, 03:52:37 pm »
99% of appeals against The FA fail. Not surprised.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #860 on: January 10, 2012, 03:55:03 pm »
Was never a red but I don't have much sympathy for City after Mancini waved an imaginary card to try and get Skrtel sent off. Brilliant news for us as well in terms of our games with them; hope we can take full advantage.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline CognacBut

• BrandyAss
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #861 on: January 10, 2012, 03:59:50 pm »

This. It was the same as the "Suarez dives all over the place " approach.

Said it before and will say it again, Ferguson is a virus to the game.

Offline peterb17

• Click on Bookmarks. Click on Bookmark this page. Arl arses now has an electronic tag.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #862 on: January 10, 2012, 04:03:32 pm »

SPOT ON.....ps on Rodwell a cynic may think its because his manager is in Sir Alcy's circle of influence and friends

Offline my name canged back to tucker?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #863 on: January 10, 2012, 04:03:56 pm »
Was never a red but I don't have much sympathy for City after Mancini waved an imaginary card to try and get Skrtel sent off. Brilliant news for us as well in terms of our games with them; hope we can take full advantage.

i hate seeing anybody wave the imaginary card, but for a manager to do it was just unbelievable, i didnt mind mancini before that incident, now i think he's c*nt

Offline peterb17

• Click on Bookmarks. Click on Bookmark this page. Arl arses now has an electronic tag.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #864 on: January 10, 2012, 04:06:54 pm »
i hate seeing anybody wave the imaginary card, but for a manager to do it was just unbelievable, i didnt mind mancini before that incident, now i think he's c*nt

to be fair he apologised straight away before the interviewer asked him and we all make mistakes.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #865 on: January 10, 2012, 04:09:58 pm »
I was thinking about that myself as well as the amount of time he took to leave the pitch. The FA usually chuck in another game suspension for a frivolous appeal as well.

More to the point how come Wayne Rooney isnt getting done for giving the Man City fans the 'Bird' after the game ?
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Roy of the rovers

• TORY Supporter - proof being he voted for Blair...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #866 on: January 10, 2012, 04:11:35 pm »
to be fair he apologised straight away before the interviewer asked him and we all make mistakes.

Careful mate, sensible views like that and you'll be out of friends in no time  :P

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #867 on: January 10, 2012, 04:13:01 pm »
If Downing converts his chance early in the league match, it's a different ball game. And if you look at the goals, their first one was obviously a mistake by Reina, the second was from a corner and the third was a penalty which was incorrectly awarded.  So if Downing scores we may well have won because it would have been a different match.

But the thing that makes me confident is that no team is going to go there this season and have as much of the ball as we did. We had a lot of possession. Have to make it count this time though. Even if we come away with a 1-1 tie and an away goal I'd be confident going in to 2nd leg at Anfield.

think the possession stat is a bit misleading. Once they were 2-0 up they sat back and let us have the ball knowing we would struggle to break them down. Still, we did have some nice build up play against them in the early stages, we just need to be more incisive in and around the box..
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #868 on: January 10, 2012, 04:15:38 pm »
So their most likely back line going to be: Richards - Lescott - Savic  - Clichy?

Online KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #869 on: January 10, 2012, 04:15:49 pm »
More to the point how come Wayne Rooney isnt getting done for giving the Man City fans the 'Bird' after the game ?

are there any press pictures of the incident?

i know there were pictures after he got the third goal and he put his hand to his ear, well two fingers to his ear, to be more precise.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #870 on: January 10, 2012, 04:16:34 pm »
Just becouse they have a few players out doesn't mean it's a bad team by any means. If we're overly confident and take the game to them we might end up with our pants down. Just look at their home record in the league, they haven't lost a point and usually win by 3 goals. If we play with caution and take our chances we can go home with a draw. Of course a win would be amazing but I'd rather take a draw than see an attacking approach backfire.

*Takes coat before "we can beat anyone you negative ****" begins*
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #871 on: January 10, 2012, 04:17:35 pm »
Posted this in the Appeals thread to but seems to have more people agreeing with it in here!

I mentioned this in another thread yesterday but United always seem to drive the agenda in cases like this. Yesterday Ferguson spoke to defend Rooney's reaction saying that it was a definite red card. He says it with conviction and everyone laps it up. At the same time, both Rooney and Ferdinand also tweet to say how it was a definite red card/dangerous tackle etc. End result seems to be that this was in fact a certain red card and it's not worth even commenting otherwise.

Offline my name canged back to tucker?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #872 on: January 10, 2012, 04:18:22 pm »

fair enough, didnt know that as i turned the tv off as soon as the whistle went for full time,

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #873 on: January 10, 2012, 04:22:24 pm »

Yeah that is fair enough and more than Rooney did or whiskey nose who said it 'wasn't unacceptable' for Rooney to do that...but I still don't like Mancini; I think he's arrogant when he hasn't proved anything yet. City may well win the league but in the CL they failed badly though group or not with the money they've spent and the quality of their squad they should have got through their group at least. Also don't like how he's constantly saying his squad isn't big enough; all managers would kill to bring the likes of Nasri, Balotelli or Adam Johnson off the bench.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #874 on: January 10, 2012, 04:33:11 pm »
they appeal to UEFA bout Rooneys kick on a player but yet will not over turn a blatant mistake...fucking hypocrites

Offline Stevie93

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #875 on: January 10, 2012, 04:34:30 pm »
So their most likely back line going to be: Richards - Lescott - Savic  - Clichy?

Yep. Which is still a better defence than most teams in the league. Whatever team City put out, it's gonna be tough. I'd take a draw right now.

Offline Stevo79

• Kopite
« Reply #876 on: January 10, 2012, 04:36:19 pm »
It will be interesting to see if Savic has recovered from the nasty gash he got on Sunday. I've read that Mancini is considering playing Rekik, who is a 17 year old defender. However, it would be more likely that Richards moved to cb with Zabaleta at rb which is also good for us as Richards is not nearly as effective there.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #877 on: January 10, 2012, 04:37:00 pm »

Yaya is very doubtful seeing as he's on another continent.  ;D

As for Long John, I'm not sure, but David might be available.  ;)
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #878 on: January 10, 2012, 04:39:13 pm »
It will be interesting to see if Savic has recovered from the nasty gash he got on Sunday. I've read that Mancini is considering playing Rekik, who is a 17 year old defender. However, it would be more likely that Richards moved to cb with Zabaleta at rb which is also good for us as Richards is not nearly as effective there.

really hope that happens. Richards' positioning and reading of the game at centre-back is shocking. He can often get away with it at full-back because he has the pace to recover from a poor position and a centre-back covering for him, but at centre-back his flaws are exposed. Having said that, Savic played on in that game despite the cut, so would imagine he will be fit for the game tomorrow.
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #879 on: January 10, 2012, 04:40:17 pm »

I had a nasty gash at the weekend i havent recovered yet