Author Topic: Man City 0-1 Liverpool: (Gerrard, pen) Half time........  (Read 122219 times)

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
Re: Man City v Liverpool: Carling Cup SF 1st Leg - Wed 11th Jan
« Reply #880 on: January 10, 2012, 04:42:12 pm »
This. It was the same as the "Suarez dives all over the place " approach.

Said it before and will say it again, Ferguson is a virus to the game.

I think the problem is more to do with the powers-that-be being taken in and agreeing with him all the time instead of growing a fucking back-bone.  Wouldn't matter what he said if they did that!
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #881 on: January 10, 2012, 04:43:07 pm »
I think we need a sense of perspective here.  Yes, Kompany missing is a BIG loss for Man City, he's a beast of a player and has performed superbly this season... BUT they have a good squad with a lot of depth and can bring players in that would get in to over half the teams in the Premiership.

We have struggled this season against worse teams than the side City are likely to field tomorrow!

Anyone who saw how they performed with only 10 men on the pitch in the 2nd half against United will see that they have a lot of quality, and they can cause a lot of promblems, so let's not get carried away...

I said before the Kompany incident, before it was rumoured Silva/Balotelli/Dzeko would be missing that I would take a (score) draw tomorrow and that hasn't changed at all.

No harm in being confident, but we should still respect them.

Offline forrest1980

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #882 on: January 10, 2012, 04:44:17 pm »
I think we need a sense of perspective here.  Yes, Kompany missing is a BIG loss for Man City, he's a beast of a player and has performed superbly this season... BUT they have a good squad with a lot of depth and can bring players in that would get in to over half the teams in the Premiership.

We have struggled this season against worse teams than the side City are likely to field tomorrow!

Anyone who saw how they performed with only 10 men on the pitch in the 2nd half against United will see that they have a lot of quality, and they can cause a lot of promblems, so let's not get carried away...

I said before the Kompany incident, before it was rumoured Silva/Balotelli/Dzeko would be missing that I would take a (score) draw tomorrow and that hasn't changed at all.

No harm in being confident, but we should still respect them.

Agreed....saved me from writing almost the exact same thing  ;D
"If you can't support us when we lose or draw , don't support us when we win" - Bill Shankly.......the best quote the great man ever said.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #883 on: January 10, 2012, 04:52:21 pm »
99% of appeals against The FA fail. Not surprised.

I am looking forward to seeing the report from the Independent Regulatory Commission. It will be interesting to the see the composition of the commission, how it came to it's judgement and the detailed reasons for doing so. Or does something tell me the FA carefully hand pick the decisions it wishes to release in an effort to pander to the media's current agenda.

If only Sepp Blatter had commented on the tackle.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #884 on: January 10, 2012, 04:53:33 pm »
99% of appeals against The FA fail. Not surprised.

It's like a little autocratic country within the UK.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline finchy1972

• Legacy Fan
  • Here's a story of a poor boy
« Reply #885 on: January 10, 2012, 04:55:12 pm »
I had a nasty gash at the weekend i havent recovered yet
You need to get yourself down to the std clinic.
Whatever we are , we are , whatever we will be is yet to be written .

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
« Reply #886 on: January 10, 2012, 05:04:44 pm »
Kompany got 4 games for (3) for red and 1 for 2nd red of Season

Do they not add another for losing the appeal?
Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #887 on: January 10, 2012, 05:05:27 pm »
If people think it isn't getting rescinded they are dreaming. He won't be missing our games.
Whooops.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline S7ARZ

• Legacy Fan
  • 25/05/05
« Reply #888 on: January 10, 2012, 05:07:00 pm »

I think it's 3 match ban for your first red and if you appeal no extra games added
and then for 2nd red if you appeal then you risk 4th match ban

Offline adlad

• Kopite
« Reply #889 on: January 10, 2012, 05:11:28 pm »
Just seen Kompany's red card challenge. Terrible decision by the ref, and even more terrible from the FA to dismiss the appeal. It's quite clear that their decisions are not ruled by common sense or fairness.

It does help us that one of their best players will be out, but even with their full strength team I'm confident we would get a good result here. The staff and players will have learnt from our mistakes in the league there and with Gerrard back we stand a good chance. I also believe the goals against Oldham for Carroll and Downing will give them both a confidence boost, and hopefully we should see much better form from them both in the near future - perhaps starting with this game?

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #890 on: January 10, 2012, 05:12:55 pm »
I think it's 3 match ban for your first red and if you appeal no extra games added
and then for 2nd red if you appeal then you risk 4th match ban
No it's an automatic 4 match ban because it's his 2nd red of the season. An extra game gets added to the 4 if the FA feel they don't have valid grounds to appeal or something. I think anyway ;D
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline hwieniawski

• Kopite
Man City v Liverpool: Carling Cup SF 1st Leg - Wed 11th Jan
« Reply #891 on: January 10, 2012, 05:17:07 pm »
The thing about Mancini is that he has a superb squad and he's don't a very good job so far, surprisingly good in fact when you look at his record in Italy. The only time he won anything of importance was after Inter had Juve sent to serie B and Milan docked points. Despite having arguably the best squad in Italy for years, Inter never won anything. Now maybe he's improved as a manager, but I don't think he has a winning mentality. That said, his players are so damn good it almost doesn't matter
juve e liverpool amici per sempre

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #892 on: January 10, 2012, 05:24:05 pm »
Losing Kompany will only be to our advantage if we show a bit of conviction in front of goal and take our chances for a change.

Offline hitnrock

• Kopite
  • Rafa's Red And White Kop
« Reply #893 on: January 10, 2012, 05:25:04 pm »
The thing about Mancini is that he has a superb squad and he's don't a very good job so far, surprisingly good in fact when you look at his record in Italy. The only time he won anything of importance was after Inter had Juve sent to serie B and Milan docked points. Despite having arguably the best squad in Italy for years, Inter never won anything. Now maybe he's improved as a manager, but I don't think he has a winning mentality. That said, his players are so damn good it almost doesn't matter
you're kidding right??
He won serie A four to five times..
Waiting for Gerrard is like waiting for Goku.
Only a few moments remaining until Goku arrives.
Next week:

Goku is almost there, can he stop the ginyu force?
Next week:

Goku is about to arrive, is he up to the challenge?

;)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #894 on: January 10, 2012, 05:27:16 pm »
you're kidding right??
Three times in a row. In all those referenced years.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #895 on: January 10, 2012, 05:32:54 pm »
Good news about Kompany getting 4 matches (even if it was a yellow at most), it deffo makes their defence weaker esp since they will be missing the Toure bros. Great chance for us to sneak an away win here, as long as we do not repeat the mistakes of last week. I'd settle for a draw and leave us to finish it at Anfield though.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #896 on: January 10, 2012, 05:34:24 pm »
A little part of me has died this season.

We have tackles like Cabaye on spearing going unpunished, Kompanys tackle is a straight red and a fantastic player is given an eight game ban with the threat of a life ban for something he PROBABLY said?

Glad my old man can't see the game we loved reduced to this FArce

Offline hwieniawski

• Kopite
Man City v Liverpool: Carling Cup SF 1st Leg - Wed 11th Jan
« Reply #897 on: January 10, 2012, 05:39:30 pm »
you're kidding right??

He had no serious competition in those years. Check his record pre-calciopoli, both in the CL and in Serie A.
Anyway sorry for the detour ;)
juve e liverpool amici per sempre

You'll Never Walk Alone

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #898 on: January 10, 2012, 05:46:30 pm »
Losing Kompany will only be to our advantage if we show a bit of conviction in front of goal and take our chances for a change.

Looking at it from afar Kompany does appear to be the organiser at the back and seems to add a calmness to their defence the way Agger does for us. As you say it's up to us to take advantage of that and also the amount of running City had to do on Sunday.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #899 on: January 10, 2012, 05:46:35 pm »
A little part of me has died this season.

We have tackles like Cabaye on spearing going unpunished, Kompanys tackle is a straight red and a fantastic player is given an eight game ban with the threat of a life ban for something he PROBABLY said?

Glad my old man can't see the game we loved reduced to this FArce
so true

frank lampards foul against adam hammill as well not being a red yet joey bartons "headbutt" was a straight red

the whole game is turning into a non contact sport.

imagine if norman hunter,billy bremner or our own tommy smith had been playing now,fuck me theyd only play about 6 games a season.

glad kompany is out of the game but was very harsh decision by the (corupt)FA

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #900 on: January 10, 2012, 06:05:19 pm »
Just seen Kompany's red card challenge. Terrible decision by the ref, and even more terrible from the FA to dismiss the appeal. It's quite clear that their decisions are not ruled by common sense or fairness.

Compared to the red shown to Jay Spearing, Kompany's was "nailed on". Two feet off the ground, scissors-like movement at the end. Don't have a problem with it.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline Dermot

• Rent this renovated space for just £3.99/month. Price includes neon backlighting.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #901 on: January 10, 2012, 06:06:25 pm »
As a football fan, I'm disappointed. As a Liverpool fan, I'm bloody delighted.
The cheek of that mon, deserves a shlap

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #902 on: January 10, 2012, 06:12:44 pm »

They only add another if it is judged that they had no chance of winning the appeal(something that is clear as daylight a red card and is then appealed). The appeal for Kompany's was obviously understandable. Glad hes missing both our games as hes a terrific player but its not right. Maybe by the letter of the law the likes of his and Spearing's tackle should be reds but the letter of the law should be fucked off so. The game is gone too soft, will be a no contact sport in ten years at this rate. Nani, that fucking whining crying diving c*nt doesn't even complain about the tackle. You know something is clearly a good tackle if that moaning twat doesn't even give out about it.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #903 on: January 10, 2012, 06:13:48 pm »
Compared to the red shown to Jay Spearing, Kompany's was "nailed on". Two feet off the ground, scissors-like movement at the end. Don't have a problem with it.
Neither should be a red.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #904 on: January 10, 2012, 06:17:41 pm »
Take a draw now.

They have players that can score from anywhere.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #905 on: January 10, 2012, 06:24:46 pm »
Kompany, Yaya Toure, Kolo Toure, Silva, Dzeko, Balotelli all apparently missing this.

Really need to get a draw to take back to Anfield.

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #906 on: January 10, 2012, 06:29:51 pm »
good chance of liverpool going to wembley when you look at the players that city are missing

draw will be a good result on wednesday

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #907 on: January 10, 2012, 06:31:35 pm »
A draw would be good, even a 2-1 loss wouldn't be as much of a disaster but a win would be fucking fantastic. I'd be very very confident of beating them at Anfield.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #908 on: January 10, 2012, 06:32:26 pm »
Kompany, Yaya Toure, Kolo Toure, Silva, Dzeko, Balotelli all apparently missing this.

Hart, Zabaleta, Richards, Lescott, Clichy, De Jong, Milner, Barry, Milner, Nasri, Aguero - Probably their best 11 if your info is correct although expect Balotelli to be back. Can see us snatching a draw at the very least and then hopefully finishing the job at Anfield. I'm sure we'll comfortably still be in it come the 2nd leg.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #909 on: January 10, 2012, 06:34:13 pm »

I think we'll win, that's nearly all there key players in every area missing.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline fivein05

• Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #2
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #910 on: January 10, 2012, 06:36:47 pm »
Would take a draw now....but I think they may just shade it tomorrow, but we will demolish them in the home leg. Tasty.
One poster on this site is going to let me down this season! Don't let it be you!

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #911 on: January 10, 2012, 06:36:57 pm »
Wasnt bothered if that ban was lifted or not.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #912 on: January 10, 2012, 06:37:05 pm »
At the very least we need a 2-1 loss. We need an away goal. Think we can beat them if all those players are out though.

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #913 on: January 10, 2012, 06:38:14 pm »
As long as our defense is solid we should go for the win. Last time we looked so toothless and just passed the ball around for the whole game. We need to be more attacking.

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #914 on: January 10, 2012, 06:38:20 pm »
Take a draw now.

They have players that can score from anywhere.
i wouldnt.

i wouldnt take a draw before any game,i want to win every game and expect to win every game

(i do think it will be a draw though ;))

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #915 on: January 10, 2012, 06:42:06 pm »
I had a nasty gash at the weekend i havent recovered yet

Isnt that how that lying git described our Luis' sister

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #916 on: January 10, 2012, 06:43:05 pm »
Excuse my ignorance but does the away goal rule come into play here ?
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #917 on: January 10, 2012, 06:44:35 pm »
Excuse my ignorance but does the away goal rule come into play here ?

Only if the scores are still level after extra time in the second leg (I think)
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #918 on: January 10, 2012, 06:46:39 pm »
Only if the scores are still level after extra time in the second leg (I think)

OK Cheers mate.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #919 on: January 10, 2012, 06:47:15 pm »
OK Cheers mate.

We'd better get two or three - just in case. ;)
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.