Author Topic: Tottenham Terminate Terrible Tim  (Read 1222406 times)

Offline Stringer123

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Just how good are Spurs?
« Reply #5240 on: August 21, 2013, 06:26:56 pm »
Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 57s

Sky sources: Willian agrees five-year deal with Tottenham #SSN
Smokescreen.

Offline Tarrtarruga

• A friend of Chas 'n' Dave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #5241 on: August 21, 2013, 06:28:10 pm »
If they sign lamela and willian, they are going to have some team for sure!! definitely be favourites for top 4 then if all the players gel! Even without Bale

Out of Liverpool, Arsenal, and Spurs, we're already shortest priced on Betfair for top 4. The team I'd fancy laying for the top four are Utd who you can get at 1.13. Spurs are 23 to win the PL, Liverpool are 30, Arsenal 24...

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5242 on: August 21, 2013, 06:29:35 pm »
Wonder when Bale will go...

How much have they spent now?

Best part of £90 million.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5243 on: August 21, 2013, 06:32:44 pm »
They'll likely stay there and we'll probably won't get a look in again.

Yeah because that's how it works.

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
  • Once a Red Always a Red WE BLEED RED!!
« Reply #5244 on: August 21, 2013, 06:33:23 pm »
Yes, I don't think we should expect 4th at all. We should challenge for 4th and I think we will but don't think we will finish there, even if the teams stayed the same. We need steady progress and a proper challenge will be that, even if we finish 5th or 6th.

Yep. Agree with that.
We all bleed RED!!

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #5245 on: August 21, 2013, 06:34:36 pm »
So assuming Bale is gone.....

Soldado, Defoe, Adebayor

Willian, Lennon, Sigurdsson, Holtby, Chadli

Dembele, Paulinho, Sandro, Capoue

Possiblities, no?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5246 on: August 21, 2013, 06:35:19 pm »
Having a limitless pot of money does nothing for you unless you spend it right. Even if they sell Bale, they have a great squad because they are spending money on good players. It's clear to me that you are the kind that believes in all this one man team nonsense and think that if Bale goes, they want do anything.

I don't believe in one man teams. Same time, I don't care who spurs sign.

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5247 on: August 21, 2013, 06:36:13 pm »

Soldado, Defoe, Adebayor

Possiblities, no?

Townsend too, who looked decent with QPR. They have Kane and Carroll who both play for England U-21's too, but not sure of their quality.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5248 on: August 21, 2013, 06:36:40 pm »
Come on KH I know you don't like them but, surely you can't believe Spurs will never be a success just because they are well...Spurs. Things change in football. We where seen as a bit of a joke by our blue neighbours before Shankly took over and look what happened there. So there is no reason to say Spurs cant have at least a bit of success trophy/title wise in the future.

Maybe, won't be in my lifetime though.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5249 on: August 21, 2013, 06:36:52 pm »
Townsend too, who looked decent with QPR. They have Kane and Carroll who both play for England U-21's too, but not sure of their quality.

Caroll is a good little player, Kane is uselss.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5250 on: August 21, 2013, 06:37:25 pm »

Soldado, Defoe, Adebayor

Possiblities, no?

I'd rather have our strikers and our midfielders.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5251 on: August 21, 2013, 06:37:29 pm »
Out of Liverpool, Arsenal, and Spurs, we're already shortest priced on Betfair for top 4. The team I'd fancy laying for the top four are Utd who you can get at 1.13. Spurs are 23 to win the PL, Liverpool are 30, Arsenal 24...

The amount of times in recent years I've looked at the two teams and thought, I fancy Spurs to beat United here ...and then it pretty much never happens. Can't see you finishing above them this season either, however much we all want them to implode.

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
« Reply #5252 on: August 21, 2013, 06:39:40 pm »
^How many goals in that Midfield? Upfront Defoe and Adebayor hit and miss yes they could end up sneaking alot of 1-0 wins  but that could easily go the other way. They'll probably get 4th but it's going to be almighty close.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5253 on: August 21, 2013, 06:39:47 pm »

What, for finishing outside the top 4?

Offline Tom_B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5254 on: August 21, 2013, 06:41:46 pm »
^How many goals in that Midfield? Upfront Defoe and Adebayor hit and miss yes they could end up sneaking alot of 1-0 wins  but that could easily go the other way. They'll probably get 4th but it's going to be almighty close.

Depends what form the players replicate I guess.

Holtby could score 1 in 5, Sigurdsson 1 in 3, Willian 1 in 4, Chadli 1 in 4 etc if they play as they can. Alternatively they might not.

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5255 on: August 21, 2013, 06:48:14 pm »
Depends what form the players replicate I guess.

Holtby could score 1 in 5, Sigurdsson 1 in 3, Willian 1 in 4, Chadli 1 in 4 etc if they play as they can. Alternatively they might not.
Who in rite mind think this? Holtby hardly play as it is? and Sigurdsson going to be warming bench if you get these two guys in. Willian record is like 20 goals in what 100 plus games? he won't be doing 1in 4 in this league.

That all said i have you as favorites for the 4 spot but this talk of more than that :lmao

I go as far as saying your get 4 comfortable if you don't bottle it.
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5256 on: August 21, 2013, 06:55:54 pm »
Going by RAWK, spurs only player who will get them a decent amount of goals is soldado and even him getting goals is apparently debatable

Everyones always so incredibly average, nothing special etc and yet we can't finish above them. Mind blowing

Offline Tom_B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5257 on: August 21, 2013, 06:56:58 pm »
Who in rite mind think this? Holtby hardly play as it is? and Sigurdsson going to be warming bench if you get these two guys in. Willian record is like 20 goals in what 100 plus games? he won't be doing 1in 4 in this league.

That all said i have you as favorites for the 4 spot but this talk of more than that :lmao

I go as far as saying your get 4 comfortable if you don't bottle it.

Erm, I'm not a Spurs fan.

My point is, that to question the goals that will be scored is silly, as it depends what form the players replicate. It is like looking at ours based on last season and assuming they won't score many.

Stuff about Willian like "he won't be doing 1in 4 in this league" is just bizarre.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 06:58:54 pm by Tom_B »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5258 on: August 21, 2013, 06:57:19 pm »
Going by RAWK, spurs only player who will get them a decent amount of goals is soldado and even him getting goals is apparently debatable

Everyones always so incredibly average, nothing special etc and yet we can't finish above them. Mind blowing

So shall we write the season off and moan and whinge about how we can never finish above them?

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5259 on: August 21, 2013, 06:57:24 pm »
Yeah because that's how it works.
Yeah, sorry for not burying my head in sand.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5260 on: August 21, 2013, 07:00:47 pm »
So shall we write the season off and moan and whinge about how we can never finish above them?

No not atall, we should simply not underestimate every team in the league bar one or two, its the same shit every season then people wonder why they end up disappointed. Everyones soooo inferior and our squads a match for this that and the other team but they somehow miraculously finish above us

The same people are probably the ones who get offended when our team is underrated by opposition fans or we are labelled shit

Offline Pinky_Bieber

• shit fan whose IQ is unlikely to be exceeding 59
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5261 on: August 21, 2013, 07:06:21 pm »
How on earth do you work that one out? They're miles ahead of us in terms of quality and squad depth.

at what position they have more quality than us?

give me Sturridge over Soldado any day of the week, Aspas over Defoe,Suarez over Adebayour...Coutinho over Willian, Toure-Agger over whatever they have...Johnson-Cissokho over Walker-Rose

lets just hope they sell Bale,and they'll be below us in terms of quality
YNWA

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #5262 on: August 21, 2013, 07:08:54 pm »
I can't help but wonder, what would happen in Real cools off on Bale?...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5263 on: August 21, 2013, 07:11:24 pm »

They have an incredibly strong team but a very strange financial situation

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5264 on: August 21, 2013, 07:15:20 pm »

give me Sturridge over Soldado any day of the week, Aspas over Defoe,Suarez over Adebayour...Coutinho over Willian, Toure-Agger over whatever they have...Johnson-Cissokho over Walker-Rose

As a team, they have one hell of a squad. Villa-Boas knows what he is doing and he is bringing in players that fit whatever he wants to. Pointless individually comparing players. Individual players do not win trophies, teams do.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline TheRevanchist

• Reports back to Red Cafe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan
« Reply #5265 on: August 21, 2013, 07:21:26 pm »

Soldado has scored 80 goals in last 3 seasons, 30 more than Sturridge in his entire career. I can't see how anyone can say that Sturridge is better than Soldado. He can be in long term, but at the moment I don't think that it is even close.

And Vertonghen has been arguably the best central defender in EPL last season. Toure has been reserve of Lescott who then lost his position. Cissokho wasn't that good for Valencia. Some strange evaluation by you there.
“Ah, yes, ‘Reapers’. The immortal race of sentient starships allegedly waiting in dark space. We have dismissed this claim.”

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5266 on: August 21, 2013, 07:24:55 pm »
Erm, I'm not a Spurs fan.

My point is, that to question the goals that will be scored is silly, as it depends what form the players replicate. It is like looking at ours based on last season and assuming they won't score many.

Stuff about Willian like "he won't be doing 1in 4 in this league" is just bizarre.
Not really? its like Downing stats yet people would let you believe that he can score more and more yet funny enough 10 season in league he only scored once over 10/12 goals in season.

I can bet my life on it Willian wont be doing 1 in 4 he will be good for them though.
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5267 on: August 21, 2013, 07:25:54 pm »
They are gonna win their first 11 games like they did in the 90's aren't they?
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Pinky_Bieber

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5268 on: August 21, 2013, 07:26:42 pm »
As a team, they have one hell of a squad. Villa-Boas knows what he is doing and he is bringing in players that fit whatever he wants to. Pointless individually comparing players. Individual players do not win trophies, teams do.

we have great team as well mate...stronger than them
YNWA

Offline Tom_B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5269 on: August 21, 2013, 07:27:12 pm »
Not really? its like Downing stats yet people would let you believe that he can score more and more yet funny enough 10 season in league he only scored once over 10/12 goals in season.

I can bet my life on it Willian wont be doing 1 in 4 he will be good for them though.

It's all relative though mate. Coutinho's best season was about 1 in 3 and that was a one-off. Overall he is about a 1 in 7 guy, but we'd expect a little more than that wouldn't we?

Offline Not too Xabi

• for Rachel!
  • Main Stander
« Reply #5270 on: August 21, 2013, 07:31:04 pm »

Then they better cross absolutely everything that they manage to qualify for the CL, for both financial and footballing reasons.
"Winning trophies has made me put on weight"  - Rafa Benitez

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5271 on: August 21, 2013, 07:34:27 pm »
Soldado has scored 80 goals in last 3 seasons, 30 more than Sturridge in his entire career. I can't see how anyone can say that Sturridge is better than Soldado. He can be in long term, but at the moment I don't think that it is even close.

Aye, in Spain.

Would he be the first striker who has excelled in Spain to flop in England? Soldado, just like Willian, Chadli, Paulinho, Capoue and Lamela, is an unknown quantity in the Premiership. That's more than half a team.

The expectation that every single signing is successful and the loss of Bale isn't felt is at the absolute best fanciful.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Tom_B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5272 on: August 21, 2013, 07:34:39 pm »
Then they better cross absolutely everything that they manage to qualify for the CL, for both financial and footballing reasons.

Again though, I imagine they would sell some players, but it wouldn't be anything like a Lees United situation due to the financial clout of their owners.

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5273 on: August 21, 2013, 07:34:56 pm »
we have great team as well mate...stronger than them

Yes that's true we do. I wouldn't say that stronger than them though more to close on par with them.
We all bleed RED!!

Offline Pinky_Bieber

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5274 on: August 21, 2013, 07:36:18 pm »

And Vertonghen has been arguably the best central defender in EPL last season. Toure has been reserve of Lescott who then lost his position. Cissokho wasn't that good for Valencia. Some strange evaluation by you there.

A.Madrid signed Villa who scored more goals probably than Soldado and Sturridge together,but that doesnt mean they will win the league

Kolo 103 apps for ManCity, Lescott 133apps 

YNWA

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5275 on: August 21, 2013, 07:40:44 pm »
They're miles ahead of us in terms of quality and squad depth.

how do you workout they have way better squad depth than us? aside from goalkeepers, and maybe out wide, i don't see it.

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5276 on: August 21, 2013, 07:43:24 pm »
They are not miles ahead of us but they are heading in the right direction at a very fast pace.
We all bleed RED!!

Offline TheRevanchist

• Reports back to Red Cafe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan
« Reply #5277 on: August 21, 2013, 07:45:25 pm »
Aye, in Spain.

Would he be the first striker who has excelled in Spain to flop in England? Soldado, just like Willian, Chadli, Paulinho, Capoue and Lamela, is an unknown quantity in the Premiership. That's more than half a team.

The expectation that every single signing is successful and the loss of Bale isn't felt is at the absolute best fanciful.

Spanish players didn't do that bad adapting the English football. Silva, Mata, Michu, Cazorla etc adapted brilliantly and very soon in EPL.

I don't think that all of them will be successful signings but Soldado is a very safe signing. He is really quality. I don't know about Paulinho, he impressed me on Confederations but national games aren't the best way to judge players. Lamela will be successful wherever he goes. I would say that he'll have a similar impact to Hazard last season. Chadli, Paulinho, Capoue and Willain could fail but I doubt that this will happen on Soldado's and Lamela's case.

A.Madrid signed Villa who scored more goals probably than Soldado and Sturridge together,but that doesnt mean they will win the league

Kolo 103 apps for ManCity, Lescott 133apps

In last few seasons Soldado scored more goals than Villa. He won't ever be as good as Villa was on 2005-2009 but he is a really good players and for the last 3 seasons has been after Falcao the best player in Spain outside of big two.

Toure was titular at City in the first two seasons but then lost his place to Lescott who then lost it to Nastasic. If I was a Liverpool fan I wouldn't be comfortable going into the new season with these central defenders. Agger is quality but I have my doubts about others.
“Ah, yes, ‘Reapers’. The immortal race of sentient starships allegedly waiting in dark space. We have dismissed this claim.”

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5278 on: August 21, 2013, 07:46:14 pm »
Not afraid of these.
We'll finish ahead of them.

Fuck Spurs, we're gonna win the fucking league for fucks sake.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline faisfais

• Kopite
« Reply #5279 on: August 21, 2013, 07:48:12 pm »

Then we will see AVB trying to design a new system by incorporating all the new signings (who were probably assured during signing as starters), while trying to fit in Bale. It could end one of three ways: (1) They all integrate well and they move towards the top 4 comfortably, (2) They take some initial time to integrate but develop into a cohesive unit towards the end of the season and make a strong push for Top 4, or (3) They take some initial time to integrate, but fickle fans (fueled by media) asks for an "English" manager and they fire AVB, Bale leaves in December, and Spurs have a fire-sale to keep functioning beyond next May.

AVB has learnt from his experiences in Chelsea and will unlikely make the same mistakes (as demonstrated by his handling of the goalkeeping situation last year). The second and third scenarios are remote.

At this point of the season, I think Liverpool are ahead of Spurs because they already have a game-plan, and the personnel to implement it. The squad depth is not as important this year because Spurs have Europa League and we do not. If Suarez is able to integrate into the pre-season mood of pass & move football then we are on the way of substantially improving our points total from last year while not breaking the bank.

Given the fact that Liverpool almost ceased to exist a few short years ago, the club under Brnedan Rodgers is doing quite well both on and off the field. Brendan Rodgers needs to finish in Top 5 to keep his job, while Spurs have gambled on Top 4 or bust.