Author Topic: Luis Suarez - FA guilty charge and LFC Statement (*)  (Read 893874 times)

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Luis Suarez - FA guilty charge and LFC Statement (*)
« Reply #7040 on: December 23, 2011, 04:55:59 pm »
I was always, always against it. But it has to happen now. We have to get our club out of England and away from these morons. It's actually embarrasing.

I was against it too thinking about the fans having to travel and the associated costs etc but now, after this, Im starting to change my mind.
Hoping Arne can Slot right in after Klopp

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #7041 on: December 23, 2011, 04:57:33 pm »
So we throw Luis under the bus because people will think bad of us? Sorry but fuck that.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. "

spot on.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7042 on: December 23, 2011, 05:00:00 pm »
I must admit, I feel really bad and embarrassed that I wasn't aware that saying "coloured" was offensive.

Just so I'm clear because I really don't want to cause anyone offense, if you are describing to someone , a man who you saw in town, and referred to them as "black", but not in an offensive way, just a description, is that a no-no?
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7043 on: December 23, 2011, 05:00:39 pm »
I was always, always against it. But it has to happen now. We have to get our club out of England and away from these morons. It's actually embarrasing.

Get out of England just to be with the Mancs all over again?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #7044 on: December 23, 2011, 05:01:17 pm »
Please, please, please STOP listening to Talksport!

This programme goes out of its way every night to be deliberately confrontational, looks for controversy regardless of the subject and the Suarez situation is meat and drink to them.

By listening you are increasing their listener numbers so they can claim to be the country's 'Number 1 sports station.'

leave them to it, ignore them and the idiots who ring in too, they really aren't worth commenting on!

How do you think their listener numbers increase by listening by the way? Do you think they have an exotic device for measuring what station you're listening to? They do their listener numbers by polls I think.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7045 on: December 23, 2011, 05:02:27 pm »
No. If we genuinely believe Luis is innocent we have to go as far as we can to clear his name. I don't give a shit what the fuckwits think, we're not going to lie down and take it any more. Can't wait 'til Luis is cleared, let's see what the bell ends have to say then.

Absolutely spot on, if you were certain that someone who had been convicted of a murder or rape on the word of one person was innocent would you advise them to apologise and hope the sentence was cut.

Liverpool know Luis Suarez is not a racist, the Liverpool players know Luis Suarez is not a racist, Evra doesn't think he is a racist and the FA in their opening remarks accepted Luis Suarez was not a racist so why the hell should Luis Suarez admit to being one just to make it go away.

Something is either morally right or wrong you do not change that just to fit in with someone else's ill educated agenda.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline ClaireW

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • "If I can't dance, it's not my revolution"
« Reply #7046 on: December 23, 2011, 05:02:29 pm »
I must admit, I feel really bad and embarrassed that I wasn't aware that saying "coloured" was offensive.

Just so I'm clear because I really don't want to cause anyone offense, if you are describing to someone , a man who you saw in town, and referred to them as "black", but not in an offensive way, just a description, is that a no-no?

Nope,  to describe someone as a black man or a black woman is spot on.  Calling someone 'you fucking black bastard' isn't.

Offline daveypauly

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7047 on: December 23, 2011, 05:03:16 pm »

Black's fine.  I think 'coloured' is not acceptable now because it suggests a group who are white, then the rest, who are 'coloured'.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #7048 on: December 23, 2011, 05:03:21 pm »
Absolutely spot on, if you were certain that someone who had been convicted of a murder or rape on the word of one person was innocent would you advise them to apologise and hope the sentence was cut.

Liverpool know Luis Suarez is not a racist, the Liverpool players know Luis Suarez is not a racist, Evra doesn't think he is a racist and the FA in their opening remarks accepted Luis Suarez was not a racist so why the hell should Luis Suarez admit to being one just to make it go away.

Something is either morally right or wrong you do not change that just to fit in with someone else's ill educated agenda.

Indeed.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7049 on: December 23, 2011, 05:04:08 pm »
Just one point from me,

It is very important to not make it sound like a conspiracy against "Liverpool" by the FA and how anti they have been to us over the years.

If we aim for the above, we will lose out. Need to be very specify.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7050 on: December 23, 2011, 05:04:09 pm »
Nope,  to describe someone as a black man or a black woman is spot on.  Calling someone 'you fucking black bastard' isn't.

Cheers.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: Media double standards on racism #2134 - The Daily Mail
« Reply #7051 on: December 23, 2011, 05:06:55 pm »
How?

The above is 3 separate accounts from 3 separate sources albeit through the same shithole of a paper. A paper which has always existed solely to make money by writing what your average nobhead wants to read. Plus I've got no affiliation whatsoever with that paper so if anything I'd be a bit put off if they weren't being hypocritical fuckers, it just confirms what I think of them. It's not 'worse' because for me they're behaving exactly to script.

What has gone on in here however from some Liverpool supporters is thinly-veiled racism hiding behind a defence of Suarez. To the point where it's not even about the issue at hand, more about people pretending that they thought it's still ok to say xxxxxxx because they always called Dave that when they were kids and he didn't seem to mind. It's fucking embarrassing and I just hope any outsiders don't take it as representative of the club or the city as a whole.

You were alluding to people being racist in the other thread. Are you accusing me and the other people discussing what was acceptable 'back in the day' and what is acceptable now of being racists? If you are - come out with it.

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7052 on: December 23, 2011, 05:07:10 pm »
How do you think their listener numbers increase by listening by the way? Do you think they have an exotic device for measuring what station you're listening to? They do their listener numbers by polls I think.

An exotic device?  Sounds interesting, but no, I don't think that. :)  I think most do polls or in some cases longer term diaries.

Either way, I would rather be able to answer, when asked if I listen to TS, a resounding NO.
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline Chindits

• It's important to me
  • Legacy Fan
  • L4 Scal-Qaeda Cyber Terrorist Cell
    • ccTwitter
« Reply #7053 on: December 23, 2011, 05:07:20 pm »
I've had enough of this wowdy webel sniggewing behaviour from the FA.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7054 on: December 23, 2011, 05:08:31 pm »
Dunno if this has been posted yet, but this is the best, most even-handed article I've read on the situation so far. It'd do us all some good to start moving a bit further toward the middle, I think. Loved the club's statement, but I thought the shirts should have had Suarez and "Kick Racism Out" printed on them.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7055 on: December 23, 2011, 05:10:25 pm »

People say that "coloured" it is offensive, but what about the NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People), a black civil rights organisation who happily refer to themselves as coloured.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7056 on: December 23, 2011, 05:10:58 pm »
but I thought the shirts should have had Suarez and "Kick Racism Out" printed on them.

Then we could have watched as the media jump on the "Liverpool want Suarez out" bandwagon ::)

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #7057 on: December 23, 2011, 05:10:59 pm »

Great post that Andy,

We are a proud people and accept anyone and everyone who embrace the city and its people, cross one of us though and we fight alongside each other.  That is the same for Liverpool Football Club, a club whose history and 'being' are firmly entrenched in its working class rooots.
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #7058 on: December 23, 2011, 05:11:19 pm »
some dickhead scouse prick licking Durhams arse live on air....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7059 on: December 23, 2011, 05:11:45 pm »
The big problem for me is that the conversation between the two players took place in Spanish. Therefore if Suarez asked Evra ''Por Que negrito?'' how can we take a word that is not used in our culture or dialect and decide it is racist? If the word is not racist in Uruguay or the Spanish language what gives us the right to decide it is in England?

In the context of the conversation it has no racial meaning.

Had the conversation between the two players been in English it would be a different matter.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #7060 on: December 23, 2011, 05:13:37 pm »

The Daily Mail, along with the S*n, Express and Daily Star, are responsible for creating a climate of hostility towards ethnic minorities and immigrants in Britain, through a constant deliberate narrative of exaggeration, demonisation, stereotyping, caricature and paranoia.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #7061 on: December 23, 2011, 05:13:48 pm »
some dickhead scouse prick licking Durhams arse live on air....

They are coming out with some real shite.

Blaming the club for the shite Collymore is getting because they are saying Liverpool fans think anything goes now.

Having another go at Glen.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #7062 on: December 23, 2011, 05:14:15 pm »
Nothing unexpected given the treatment of Rafa before!

The total immorality of the press coverage yesterday for Terry was the lowest point yet, god knows we have the worst standards in the press association at the moment, there are a few decent hacks but they are drowned out by the cock sucking sycophants who write this shite!

These days I only trust Reuters even  BBC has been infected since their Salford move!
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline marko35s

• Kopite
« Reply #7063 on: December 23, 2011, 05:14:26 pm »
You've got to be joking. So you're defending the F.A against one of our players on a trumped up charge in collaboration with man united.
 Yes I must be on the wrong website.
Is it possible to go to school and still be this stupid?

Offline Red Scouse

• Anny Roader
  • Stop making sense.
« Reply #7064 on: December 23, 2011, 05:15:40 pm »

Good post. Hits the nail on the head.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #7065 on: December 23, 2011, 05:16:07 pm »
Then we could have watched as the media jump on the "Liverpool want Suarez out" bandwagon ::)

Was just about to post that.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #7066 on: December 23, 2011, 05:16:46 pm »
Well that's just the tip of the iceberg with what's wrong with so-called fans giving out shit to people like Stan Collymore on twitter, isn't it? Now we're all guilty by association. We're all bigots, racists, and uneducated fucking morons in the eyes of complete idiots like Adrian Durham and his cronies on TalkSport.

There's so much wrong with this entire situation I've just completely lost track now. It's a clusterfuck.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Cre_mCr_cker

• Green A_my!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7067 on: December 23, 2011, 05:17:15 pm »
This Durham prick talking like Glen should grace him with his reasons for supporting Luis, why should he? Fuck you, he can support who he wants and doesn't have to tell some prick at talkshite why.
This is a Liverpool forum. We are not talking about Demba Ba's cock.

My feet are wet but my cups are bone dry! Everything's comin' up Milhouse!

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7068 on: December 23, 2011, 05:17:41 pm »
The big problem for me is that the conversation between the two players took place in Spanish. Therefore if Suarez asked Evra ''Por Que negrito?'' how can we take a word that is not used in our culture or dialect and decide it is racist? If the word is not racist in Uruguay or the Spanish language what gives us the right to decide it is in England?

In the context of the conversation it has no racial meaning.

Had the conversation between the two players been in English it would be a different matter.

Come on people - how many times has this been posted?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7069 on: December 23, 2011, 05:19:22 pm »
Here's a suggestion - as far as I'm aware, Suarez didn't use the term 'coloured' towards Evra so there's really no need to keep picking over what can and can't be said.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline ClaireW

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • "If I can't dance, it's not my revolution"
« Reply #7070 on: December 23, 2011, 05:20:15 pm »
People say that "coloured" it is offensive, but what about the NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People), a black civil rights organisation who happily refer to themselves as coloured.

Primarily in America there is wide use of 'people of colour' to describe people who are not white, but it's not used in the UK.  Collectively we widen our term to BAME - Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic'.

Plus it's around 100 years old as an organisation and from what I know the name has been that for decades (if not since it's inception)

Edit: Here's some info, if you are interested http://www.naacp.org/pages/naacp-history

And as Alan has pointed out, this is way off topic now.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 05:25:09 pm by ClaireW »

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #7071 on: December 23, 2011, 05:20:56 pm »
This Durham prick talking like Glen should grace him with his reasons for supporting Luis, why should he? Fuck you, he can support who he wants and doesn't have to tell some prick at talkshite why.

Strange they keep having a go at Glen.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #7072 on: December 23, 2011, 05:21:23 pm »

Glen Johnson's black mate. He's got to give his reasons to the world, because he's black. You can't have a black man supporting someone who has made reference to someone elses skin colour. It's racist. A black man should know better.

Glen Johnson has to justify himself to them because of his skin colour. Suarez is the racist one.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7073 on: December 23, 2011, 05:22:04 pm »
Is it possible to go to school and still be this stupid?
I tell you what - either I'm stupid or you're a manc

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #7074 on: December 23, 2011, 05:23:03 pm »

May have something to do with Glen stating on Twitter that he genuinely didn't know who Adrian Durham was........the ginger gobshite obviously has a tender ego

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #7075 on: December 23, 2011, 05:23:50 pm »
Stupidly went to have a peep at the Suarez thread on Bluemoon. Horrible.

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #7076 on: December 23, 2011, 05:23:50 pm »
I really can't work this one out. Surely they must be wondering why he's so supportive, even thinking 'Maybe the FA have got it wrong', but no - same knuckleheaded rubbish designed to provoke a reaction from anybody they can get to.
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7077 on: December 23, 2011, 05:23:50 pm »
I've shook my head so much in the last few days I'm afraid it might actually fall off at some point over christmas.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7078 on: December 23, 2011, 05:24:42 pm »
Come on people - how many times has this been posted?

I wouldn't know because I haven't read every page of the thread but if it is a repeat of a lot of posts then feel free to delete it. After all that is why your are a mod no?

Offline Dr Manhattan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7079 on: December 23, 2011, 05:24:50 pm »
I tell you what - either I'm stupid or you're a manc

It's the first option.