Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1934616 times)

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Newcastle United thread - Benitezless
« Reply #14040 on: July 11, 2019, 01:54:38 pm »
I wonder how much the valuation of Newcastle dropped after Rafa's left.

If by "valuation" you mean the price tag Ashley has on the club?  Not a jot.

But the gap between that and what a potential investor would be willing to pay just increased markedly.  And that gap will likely only get bigger with Bruce in charge.

Let's face it, with a £300m plus price tag, plus over £100m in debt to Ashley personally, that club is going nowhere but down.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #14041 on: July 11, 2019, 03:38:42 pm »
And I was reading various ITK tweets that the new owners wanted to let Rafa go so that they could appoint Jose. Imagine dreaming about all of that and ending up with Steve Bruce and a potential relegation. ;D

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #14042 on: July 11, 2019, 03:38:49 pm »
someone check on Black and White Paul
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #14043 on: July 11, 2019, 04:05:16 pm »
Sorry I'd got your posts on that thread confused with someone else.

Thanks for admitting that.

Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14044 on: July 11, 2019, 04:25:10 pm »
Are you missing the point on purpose?

Which previous presidents have stayed at places they own, therefore making money from the government every time they stay there?

It has absolutely nothing to do with staying for free.

Only Trump supporters would think this is okay. (I'm assuming you are not)

I think people want to draw a line under this and keep thread on topic about Newcastle.

Being in America, most Americans don't give a shit where Trump stays. Most can sort out that if Trump never stayed at his own properties, doesn't mean the properties go unused. So he's going to make money on them regardless. If not he will sell those properties to others and make money that way.

I've had similar conversations with those who complained President Obama golfed to much in Hawaii and how much he and his family spent on vacations. It's boring, to me, when extremists on either side harp on things like this.

First, being President is a 24/7/365 job. You never get a day off. You always have daily briefings. You always have access to anyone in the government you need. The President travels with specialized communications to keep him abreast at a moments notice. Even when you're on "vacation", you're really not because the world doesn't stop just because the President wants a holiday.

Anyway, let's just keep the thread about Newcastle. I'm sure there's a thread in a different forum to concern one self with all things American politics.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14045 on: July 11, 2019, 04:30:11 pm »

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14046 on: July 11, 2019, 04:31:13 pm »
Back on topic...Apparently Rafa has said he’s met with the Chairman, President, and general manager at his new Chinese club more in a week than he had in 3 years with those in charge at Newcastle.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14047 on: July 11, 2019, 04:50:03 pm »
the move to China imo doesn't make sense at all. I know the money is good but considering he didn't take certain jobs due to his wife and kids being in Liverpool, this seems totally odd.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14048 on: July 11, 2019, 04:57:05 pm »
the move to China imo doesn't make sense at all. I know the money is good but considering he didn't take certain jobs due to his wife and kids being in Liverpool, this seems totally odd.

The money is sensational

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14049 on: July 11, 2019, 05:17:02 pm »
How about we all just trust Rafa Benitez to know what's best for Rafa Benitez at this moment in time, and stop trying to second guess his reasons and motivations and intentions?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14050 on: July 11, 2019, 05:39:27 pm »
How about we all just trust Rafa Benitez to know what's best for Rafa Benitez at this moment in time, and stop trying to second guess his reasons and motivations and intentions?

I didn't realize discussing Benitez was such an issue?  ???

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14051 on: July 11, 2019, 05:45:04 pm »

His kids are all grown up and at College/Uni now aren't they ?

And he did take jobs outside of the UK.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14052 on: July 11, 2019, 05:58:34 pm »

His kids are all grown up and at College/Uni now aren't they ?

And he did take jobs outside of the UK.

I'm aware of that, but it's why he preferred to go back to England [Newcastle] as he kept traveling back and forth whilst in Italy and Spain

At least that's what I thought was the case.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14053 on: July 11, 2019, 08:48:05 pm »
Back on topic...Apparently Rafa has said he’s met with the Chairman, President, and general manager at his new Chinese club more in a week than he had in 3 years with those in charge at Newcastle.
Well when you have a Chinese meeting, you're usually hungry for another one just hours later.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #14054 on: July 11, 2019, 08:48:51 pm »
Well when you have a Chinese meeting, you're usually hungry for another one just hours later.

:lmao

Laughed way more than I should have

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14055 on: July 11, 2019, 09:32:22 pm »
Brucie will have them rocking, we might even our first game of the season for once.

Have you become so traumatised by supporting Arsenal these days, that you can't even write the word 'win' any more?

;)
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14056 on: July 11, 2019, 09:48:01 pm »

:wellin

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #14057 on: July 12, 2019, 12:34:40 am »

Better looking than Samie.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #14058 on: July 12, 2019, 06:32:52 am »
And I was reading various ITK tweets that the new owners wanted to let Rafa go so that they could appoint Jose. Imagine dreaming about all of that and ending up with Steve Bruce and a potential relegation. ;D
Poor Geordie bastards.  %^&ing Steve Bruce. Even Allardyce turned them down.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14059 on: July 12, 2019, 07:09:36 am »
Just imagining the type of lumberjacks Brucie will buy for that team.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14060 on: July 12, 2019, 07:15:26 am »
It'll be good to be able to give "He's got a big fat head" and "Head like a beachball" an airing again

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #14061 on: July 12, 2019, 07:43:52 am »
Well played  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14062 on: July 12, 2019, 08:35:37 am »
Just imagining the type of lumberjacks Brucie will buy for that team.

In his defence he did sign Harry Maguire and Andy Robertson at Hull.

However, he is overtly fond of a cart horse.
Justice for the 96!

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14063 on: July 12, 2019, 08:47:15 am »
English Media - 'HOW DARE RAFA LEAVE ENGLAND! HE HASN'T GONE TO CHINA FOR A PROJECT!'

Yes the money is fantastic. But the utter dismissal of China as any sort of project is snobbery at it's finest.

You don't have to be in England in order to be part of a project.

Have the media ever considered that his 'project' is to raise the profile of the Chinese game? Nope.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #14064 on: July 12, 2019, 09:11:00 am »
Fat Sam thankfully holding out for the United job.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14065 on: July 12, 2019, 09:27:07 am »
Fat Sam thankfully holding out for the United job.
would be a strong hand to steady the ship when Ole crashes at the wheel

should be able to steer a squad of that calibre to 40 points and keep them up

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14066 on: July 12, 2019, 11:08:19 am »
Yes the money is fantastic. But the utter dismissal of China as any sort of project is snobbery at it's finest.

Have the media ever considered that his 'project' is to raise the profile of the Chinese game? Nope.

I doubt that will be Rafa's idea of the project, it will be to improve the team he is going to in both the short and longer term, any profile raising will be incidental to the football itself.

Hopefully his new owner and club will fully buy into his ideas as it will be a shame if he ends up going there and they don't back him to do all that he can for them.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #14067 on: July 12, 2019, 11:11:57 am »
Rafa has been quite available throughout his career since he came to prominence, he's moved clubs so many times. Villa fans thought their club was too big for him, and he lasted barely 6 months at Inter and Real with their shit fans. Suddenly he gets an massive financial offer elsewhere and people/media/establishment think he should stick around? Lmaooo. It is economical impotence.

Heartbreakingly one of the most under appreciated managers in the game.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14068 on: July 12, 2019, 11:20:33 am »
English Media - 'HOW DARE RAFA LEAVE ENGLAND! HE HASN'T GONE TO CHINA FOR A PROJECT!'

I am not arsed about England or English media, or that he left Newcastle, he's a top manager, and there are lot of clubs in Europe in where he could have put himself into a position to win trophies and get back to European football.

Ultimately if the financial aspect of it I understand. But raising the profile of the Chinese game? I don't think a manager can help do that, it would have to be a global star that would need make such a move to get more awareness to that league. Right now all it's known for is huge paydays for players and maangers

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14069 on: July 12, 2019, 11:21:03 am »
I mean the thing with China is it is basically a shop window, being paid mega books for the privilege of making yourself available.

No suitable jobs around in Europe, but if one comes up do you think Rafa being in China will stop people from approaching him? Never stopped Pellegrini being approached by West Ham.

I can see Rafa taking charge of Arsenal in the next 2 years. That's my wild guess

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14070 on: July 12, 2019, 11:26:44 am »
Did Villa fans really think their club was too big for Rafa? Or just a few internet twats?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14071 on: July 12, 2019, 11:38:38 am »
I mean the thing with China is it is basically a shop window, being paid mega books for the privilege of making yourself available.

No suitable jobs around in Europe, but if one comes up do you think Rafa being in China will stop people from approaching him? Never stopped Pellegrini being approached by West Ham.

I can see Rafa taking charge of Arsenal in the next 2 years. That's my wild guess

No suitable big clubs are available but there are plenty of other European clubs that could use Benitez

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14072 on: July 12, 2019, 12:06:05 pm »
No suitable big clubs are available but there are plenty of other European clubs that could use Benitez

Did any of those clubs actively approach him though?

Beyond the salary and the chance to live in a new country, he's presumably only agreed to go there because they are willing to buy into his idea of a project, giving him funds for shorter term improvements and allowing longer term improvements to come from both coaching and any input he has on things like the youth setup.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #14073 on: July 12, 2019, 12:23:51 pm »
Some of the conversation in here could probably do with being split off into a separate discussion...Rafa-chat and discussion about Newcastle United quickly becoming quite separate things.

Offline Dick_Emre

• Kopite
#PardewForEngland

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #14075 on: July 13, 2019, 12:22:21 pm »
Local journo actually "gets it"...

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/first-rafa-perez-now-bruce-16576752

To be fair, he’s right that Leicester City aren’t an elite CL club but even without the freak PL win they’re still far more successful than Newcastle in even not so recent times. They’ve won the Intertoto Cup in sixty years. That’s it. They’re not a big club, they’ve got a big stadium and that’s literally it.

And yeah, Ashley has blitzed them this summer. Shocker eh? Twelve years he’s been in charge. You treat it with absolute indifference then again, you can’t really be surprised. You want him gone then do what’s nevessary and don’t stop until he’s gone. Don’t chant ‘we want Ashley out’ sometimes at games and expect it to do anything.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Dick_Emre

• Kopite
« Reply #14076 on: July 13, 2019, 04:52:05 pm »
To be fair, he’s right that Leicester City aren’t an elite CL club but even without the freak PL win they’re still far more successful than Newcastle in even not so recent times. They’ve won the Intertoto Cup in sixty years. That’s it. They’re not a big club, they’ve got a big stadium and that’s literally it.

And yeah, Ashley has blitzed them this summer. Shocker eh? Twelve years he’s been in charge. You treat it with absolute indifference then again, you can’t really be surprised. You want him gone then do what’s nevessary and don’t stop until he’s gone. Don’t chant ‘we want Ashley out’ sometimes at games and expect it to do anything.

I boycotted 'em after the Keegan debacle, mate.
(Psssst , NUFC have finished as high as Liverpool ever have in the Premier League! ;D)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 04:54:29 pm by Dick_Emre »
#PardewForEngland

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14077 on: July 13, 2019, 05:03:31 pm »
I boycotted 'em after the Keegan debacle, mate.
(Psssst , NUFC have finished as high as Liverpool ever have in the Premier League! ;D)

And you’ve won the Intertoto Cup more often  :'(
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Dick_Emre

• Kopite
« Reply #14078 on: July 13, 2019, 05:53:48 pm »
And you’ve won the Intertoto Cup more often  :'(

Eeee, you mackems... :D
#PardewForEngland

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14079 on: July 13, 2019, 06:48:18 pm »
Eeee, you mackems... :D

In about a year  ;)