Author Topic: Max Payne 3  (Read 11682 times)

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
Max Payne 3
« on: September 16, 2011, 07:46:56 pm »
Been waiting for this for ages now. Finally a trailer and a confirmed release date

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/udF6lgzme-Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/udF6lgzme-Q</a>

Get in

Offline AdY

• Anny Roader
Re: Max Payne 3
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 08:16:10 pm »
Another exciting game! Seems like they're taking it in a different direction, should be interesting.

Offline lfcjake

• Kopite
  • A Fellow Red
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 08:47:35 pm »
Hopefully the cover system isn't as bad as GTA 4 or Red Dead.
Sup bitches?

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 09:14:58 pm »
Is it just me or do those graphics look seriously dated?

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 09:39:02 pm »

Just you?

Look fine to me, Rockstar normally do good graphics that make the fans on your console go like fuck.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 11:42:30 am »
I hate how it's become that if a character is a bad ass he needs shaven hair.

"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline lfcjake

• Kopite
  • A Fellow Red
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 11:36:12 pm »
I hate how it's become that if a character is a bad ass he needs shaven hair.

Don't worry, I think he's only shaved for the Brazil section of the game.

That didn't sound right...
Sup bitches?

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 12:36:09 am »
I hope this will still have those awful/hilarious comic book cut scenes.

That dream level with the floating blood trail and crying baby from the first game is easily the worst level in any game ever.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 08:16:42 am »
That dream level with the floating blood trail and crying baby from the first game is easily the worst level in any game ever.
A bit disturbing, that was.
Compared to what ?
It beats the shit out of Human Revolution, that's for sure !

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 02:49:45 pm »
I hope this will still have those awful/hilarious comic book cut scenes.

I never completed the first game because of that last one. I lost my patience with it, had to mute the TV and never bothered going back to it.

I preferred the wintery New York environment which I associated with Max Payne and would've liked to see the continuity of that. Ah well. The improvement in graphics also means we won't be seeing his wonky, messed up face.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 03:57:16 pm »
Bit of shame that it seems to have lost the noir aspect to the game. Now it just looks like Rockstar have just shoved Max Payne into the GTA 4 engine.

The score doesn't work with the location. Needs to get back to gritty snowing New York. Looks more GTA now than Max Payne.

Offline Megasuperb

• really would look good without that pattern
  • Legacy Fan
  • Diet Water Please
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 04:43:48 pm »
The score doesn't work with the location. Needs to get back to gritty snowing New York. Looks more GTA now than Max Payne.

Don't get people who say this, or they need to take off their rose-tinted specs. Games have moved locations all the time and are still proven successes. Just because we have a bit more sunshine doesn't mean we still won't have bulletime, James Mcaffrey, corridor-shooter through shit apartments filled with junkies, etc etc. It's still Max Payne.

Besides, Rockstar has already beaten New York to death with their other games. I bet they're fucking sick of that place.
Quote from: Mohammad Shahrul
We are going to bully them today. We are a big club. We are Liverpool
for God sake and we are marching to Wembley. The shit club like
Villa is just a sex slave for The Mighty Reds' lust.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 01:32:52 pm »
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1212732p1.html

Interesting interview with the Art director at Rockstar games and a new trailer that came out today.
Max Payne will kick seven asses, yes it will.

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2011, 01:54:14 pm »
That trailer looks great !
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline Megasuperb

• Legacy Fan
  • Diet Water Please
« Reply #14 on: April 2, 2012, 04:31:28 am »
Is anyone following this? Releases next month!  8). Here's a recent trailer on how multiplayer, and more specifically Bullet-time in multiplayer, will work.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/23321/watch-max-payne-3-multiplayer-gameplay-video-part-one.html

Looks amazing.

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 2, 2012, 03:56:10 pm »
Is anyone following this? Releases next month!  8). Here's a recent trailer on how multiplayer, and more specifically Bullet-time in multiplayer, will work.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/23321/watch-max-payne-3-multiplayer-gameplay-video-part-one.html

Looks amazing.

That looks fucking awesome!

Offline MULLENEDWINE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 2, 2012, 04:04:03 pm »
The trailers just make it look brilliant. Can't effing wait.

Multiplayer - I heard a rumour a while back that 'gangs' from GTA 5 multiplayer would be transferable onto the Max Payne multiplayer. Sounds cool.

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 2, 2012, 06:25:34 pm »
I know I'll be in the minority here but I hope it's fuck all like GTA and red dead redemption.

I've yet to finish a GTA or red dead as although they look graphically sublime and have decent stories I find the action gameplay gets very boring very quickly.

Drive/ride to a location, get shot at, duck behind cover, pop up, shoot, duck, pop up, shooting run after someone, duck, etc etc.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 2, 2012, 06:33:29 pm »
I resent this game because it's delaying the release of GTA 5.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 2, 2012, 06:42:20 pm »
Drive/ride to a location, get shot at, duck behind cover, pop up, shoot, duck, pop up, shooting run after someone, duck, etc etc.

You have a good point.
They should really look into what made original Max Payne such a great game.
Every bullet counts situations, squeezing the last drop of bullet time and close, gritty, almost tactical gunfighting. It should remain like it, because it still is in many ways near perfect, it required skill, practice and finding yourself in new situations was exciting and genuinely great.

Offline Megasuperb

• Legacy Fan
  • Diet Water Please
« Reply #20 on: April 2, 2012, 09:41:07 pm »
Their development cycles are competely unrelated as both games are being worked on by separate teams
and divisions.

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #21 on: April 2, 2012, 09:54:07 pm »

I'm exactly the same.

Their development cycles are competely unrelated as both games are being worked on by separate teams
and divisions.

Yeah both are  made from the same company and they are completely different divisions however when they get released is planned before hand and by someone else. A different department. Probably a department with the word marketing in it. I'm just guessing. Either way, both teams make each of the two games; MP3 & GTA5, but they've already been told when they are to release the first trailer, when to release the second and all that crap. It's not as black&white as this, I mean none of it is definite.

They probably did plan this though, release the GTA5 trailer, get the ball rolling on MP3 in regards to everything promotion wise, put all the work into that and people are still thinking about GTA and now this game.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2012, 09:55:38 pm by Surprise me. »

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 3, 2012, 11:09:04 am »
Is this one of those series were it's beneficial to play the earlier games? I'll probably end up getting #3 because I'll give anything Rockstar a go, but I've no idea if it's worth playing 1 and 2 first.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #23 on: April 3, 2012, 11:23:55 am »
Is this one of those series were it's beneficial to play the earlier games? I'll probably end up getting #3 because I'll give anything Rockstar a go, but I've no idea if it's worth playing 1 and 2 first.

Yep. Not only just to catch up with everything but also to play 2 fucking quality games.

Does anyone know if there's a demo available on the PS3 store?
« Last Edit: April 3, 2012, 11:25:55 am by Matt8Pie »
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 3, 2012, 11:30:20 am »
Yep. Not only just to catch up with everything but also to play 2 fucking quality games.

Does anyone know if there's a demo available on the PS3 store?

Demo probably won't be out till next month.

Offline Megasuperb

• Legacy Fan
  • Diet Water Please
« Reply #25 on: April 4, 2012, 10:50:16 pm »
I'm exactly the same.

Yeah both are  made from the same company and they are completely different divisions however when they get released is planned before hand and by someone else. A different department. Probably a department with the word marketing in it. I'm just guessing. Either way, both teams make each of the two games; MP3 & GTA5, but they've already been told when they are to release the first trailer, when to release the second and all that crap. It's not as black&white as this, I mean none of it is definite.

They probably did plan this though, release the GTA5 trailer, get the ball rolling on MP3 in regards to everything promotion wise, put all the work into that and people are still thinking about GTA and now this game.

Fair enough then, I guess I just don't personally mind it. I enjoy Max Payne more than I do GTA.

As mentioned, very much yes. You'll most likely be lost on a huge narrative of MP3 if you miss out on the other ones. Play them anyway, they're really great.

I replayed MP1 a few months back. I'm surprised at how well it has aged despite being nearly an 11 yr old game. The dream sequences still slightly disturb me, and I remember how badly I reacted to it when I first played them as a 12 yr old ;D . Took me some mental strength to keep playing after that.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2012, 11:01:35 pm by Megasuperb »

Offline Megasuperb

• Legacy Fan
  • Diet Water Please
« Reply #26 on: April 7, 2012, 03:00:55 am »
Max Payne 3 PC buyers, system requirements (kinda) were put on Steam.

OS: Windows 7 32/64 Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 32/64 Service Pack 2, Windows XP 32/64 Service Pack 3
Processor: Intel Dual Core 2.4 GHZ -  i7 3930K 6 Core  x 3.06 GHZ / AMD Dual Core 2.6 GHZ - FX8150 8 Core x 3.6 GHZ
RAM: 2GB - 16GB
Hard Disk Space: 35GB
Video Card: NVIDIA® 8600 GT 512MB VRAM – NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680 2GB VRAM / Radeon HD 3400 512MB VRAM - Radeon HD 7970 3GB VRAM
Sound Card: 100% Direct X 9.0 compatible – Direct X 9.0 compatible supporting Dolby Digital Live
Notes: Please refer to your hardware manufacturer and www.rockstargames.com/support for current compatibility information. Some system components such as mobile chipsets, integrated, and AGP graphics cards may be incompatible. Unlisted specifications may not be supported by publisher.

... did you see what I saw? Holeee-shit.

Offline mig

• Legacy Fan
  • Bringing back better days
« Reply #27 on: April 7, 2012, 06:55:49 am »
35gb? Wtf?

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 7, 2012, 11:01:21 am »
Anyone surprised? Rockstar's talents are not among making efficient PC games. GTA 4 was a mess.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 7, 2012, 11:03:52 am »
and divisions.
They won't release GTA 5 anywhere near Max Payne 3 to maximise sales but I doubt the 2 games would affect each others sales.

Offline Megasuperb

• Legacy Fan
  • Diet Water Please
« Reply #30 on: April 7, 2012, 06:53:19 pm »
Steam has removed the system reqs now, probably rightly so as it was a typo / error. There's no way a linear shooter could be bigger in size than GTAIV and LA Noire combined. No way.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 7, 2012, 07:51:17 pm »
They won't release GTA 5 anywhere near Max Payne 3 to maximise sales but I doubt the 2 games would affect each others sales.

If GTA V came out within the a month or so of any game it would affect sales. GTA V is miles off though, so it makes little difference either way.

I'm keeping an eye on this. I loved the first game and although this seems to be taking a different tack the combination of Rockstar and the character could do well. I'll await reviews.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline mig

• Legacy Fan
  • Bringing back better days
« Reply #32 on: April 8, 2012, 12:16:27 pm »
Cautiously waiting for this one. Really enjoyed the first 2 games but I'm curious to see if it'll "feel" the same. The whole neo-noir thing made the series for me.

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: April 8, 2012, 12:53:54 pm »
If GTA V came out within the a month or so of any game it would affect sales. GTA V is miles off though, so it makes little difference either way.

I'm keeping an eye on this. I loved the first game and although this seems to be taking a different tack the combination of Rockstar and the character could do well. I'll await reviews.
Obviously a month difference would affect sales but there are rumours of it not coming out for another year yet. I think an appropriate release date would be before Christmas. But enough about GTA 5 this isn't the right thread.

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2012, 03:11:51 pm »
I hope it's going to be brilliant. It looks very promising. I didn't like LA Noire. And Red Dead Redemption wasn't released for PC, unfortunately. Is this the 1st Max Payne game Rockstar did, or did they make 2 as well ?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2012, 03:15:05 pm »
Just noticed that Rockstar have released an iPhone port of the original Max Payne game. looks amazing. But at 1GB I'll haveto wait til I get home to download it

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2012, 03:24:35 pm »
I hope it's going to be brilliant. It looks very promising. I didn't like LA Noire. And Red Dead Redemption wasn't released for PC, unfortunately. Is this the 1st Max Payne game Rockstar did, or did they make 2 as well ?

No, this will be the first game they've made themselves, although they've done ports in the past to consoles for the previous games

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2012, 03:44:40 pm »
You missed out. It's worth buying a console for that game alone.

Offline Megasuperb

• Legacy Fan
  • Diet Water Please
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2012, 06:05:59 pm »
I think I'm in a very small minority when I thought RDR was pretty overrated.  :-\

And this is indeed the first Max Payne that Rockstar have made themselves, the past two were made by Remedy. The first were ports from Rockstar and the second was published by Rockstar.

Remedy have said that they're really happy with the way Max Payne 3 is going, and if that's the case it's good enough for me.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kTwgBrUK4ng?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kTwgBrUK4ng?fs=1</a>

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2012, 07:32:12 pm »
You missed out. It's worth buying a console for that game alone.
Actually, the thought has crossed my mind.
But I really don't know, is it such a good game ?
I've heard such bad things about games like Skyrim, Fallout 3+NV and RAGE on the consoles.
And I wouldn't know what to get and how to make the right choice.
Do I have to look at the best graphical abilities or to the games released for it ?