Author Topic: Max Payne 3  (Read 11681 times)

Offline Quaid

• Thinks clinical is cretinous. Takes one to know one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Max Payne 3
« Reply #160 on: May 7, 2013, 10:35:27 pm »
Started playing this again at the weekend. If the gun mechanics in GTA V are anything like this, they'll have finally nailed the shooting IMO.
“By definition, you have to live until you die. Better to make that life as complete and enjoyable an experience as possible, in case death is shite, which I suspect it will be.”

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #161 on: May 8, 2013, 09:46:07 am »
Yeah I have to admit it takes a little while to get used to when playing other games, but it is a brilliant game.  I got it for 800 points on Xbox Live so looking forward to getting into it properly again.

I managed about half the game before selling it to fund something else on PS3.

Offline Quaid

• Thinks clinical is cretinous. Takes one to know one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: May 9, 2013, 04:35:49 pm »
Yeah it is a decent game. Max's dialogue does drag on a bit but most of the time I don't mind his dark, cynical view of the world.

Think there's aspects of Max Payne that R* can integrate into GTA V, like the shooting mechanics which are brilliant and the slow-mo when your about to die during important missions. The cover system is OK, but needs a lot of work, I feel moving from cover to cover often leaves you exposed as you can't crouch probably once in cover. Still though, just playing this excites me for GTA V cause if R* do draw in the good parts of Max Payne then it could arguably be one of the greatest games ever, because the shooting will at last be on a par with the driving (I quite liked the driving in GTA IV personally!). And no doubt they'll nail the environment, story, characters etc. as they always do.
“By definition, you have to live until you die. Better to make that life as complete and enjoyable an experience as possible, in case death is shite, which I suspect it will be.”

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #163 on: January 30, 2014, 03:05:55 pm »
Got this for £5 today in the Litherland Tesco, not played any of the Max Payne games before but bought it because it was Rockstar and because it was £5.

Any good?
Legacy fan

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: January 30, 2014, 03:48:50 pm »
I thought it was alright. Not as good as the first 2, but definitely worth 5 quid.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #165 on: January 30, 2014, 03:52:16 pm »
At least you'll get loads of cut-scenes for your money... ;)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: April 6, 2022, 11:01:12 pm »
Max Payne 1 and 2 Remakes have been announced by Remedy.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: April 7, 2022, 04:59:32 am »
Max Payne 1 and 2 Remakes have been announced by Remedy.
I've never been able to get more than a few hours into the original, but I remember liking MP2 on the PS2. Looking forward to this.

I have MP3 on Steam after it was given out for free ages ago but never got around to playing it.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #168 on: April 7, 2022, 06:23:45 am »
The originals are on the Xbox store if anyone's interested
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #169 on: April 7, 2022, 02:27:53 pm »
That baby level will be great in full, glorious UHD
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #170 on: April 10, 2022, 09:17:15 am »
That baby level will be great in full, glorious UHD
Took me so much time to get that level right. Trippy af. Was almost done with the game by the time I got through it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 01:23:31 pm by Lallanaisgonenow. Bobby next. »
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #171 on: April 12, 2022, 08:20:58 am »
I loved the originals.

Played Max Payne on PC (I had nothing special) and loved it. The story, the art direction it was just a great game.

I don’t know if anyone remembers or if this game introduced it but it had a level scaling so if you were doing well the enemies became harder and there would be more of them. 

Also the bullet time stuff was revolutionary too.

I used to love putting on god mode and just blasting through the game over and over it was so satisfying. And because of this level scaling you’d have rooms completely full of baddies, you got to just mow them all down haha.  I loved the creepy crackdens and running into the crackheads. Listening to the goons talking shit about you before you entered the room and took them apart.

Max Payne 2 introduced me to playing this type of game on console.  I had a ps2 but used it mainly for fifa/driving games. I asked for it for Christmas and got it bought for me on ps2. Took me ages running around that hospital at the start just getting used to moving and aiming.

Again what a brilliant game Max Payne 2 was. Not as fond memories for me as the first but amazing all the same.

I cannot wait to play these again. I saw a post of mine up there about Max Payne 3 and never completed it, I hope that’s included too

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: April 12, 2022, 08:29:15 am »
I always had Max Payne 2 as the best but I haven’t played them for years.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: April 12, 2022, 09:46:59 am »
Loved both 1 and 2, never played MP3.
I'll definitely buy this once it's out - if only for a ten minute bullet time nostalgia.
It was a game like no other when it came out, story, gameplay, presentation.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: April 12, 2022, 11:40:52 am »
Remember playing these way back when, blown my mind. Max Payne 3 is brilliant as well, recently replayed that through Xbox Back Compat and it really holds up well. Can't wait to go back and replay 1&2 again, hope they get a proper remaster

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #175 on: April 13, 2022, 09:09:13 am »
Can't wait to go back and replay 1&2 again, hope they get a proper remaster

Seems a proper full on remake. Remedy are building it from scratch in their Northlight engine with Rockstar covering the cost, giving it a AAA budget

Also they're apparently not developing it for the last gen Xbox / PS4. So no catering to ageing machines