Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3334932 times)

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #28760 on: December 9, 2023, 07:59:51 am »
Kids are overrated. I could probably cut down my backlog of video games in half and watch everything on my watchist by spring without the fuckers.

The social pressure of keeping them alive is horrible.

:lmao :lmao
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28761 on: December 9, 2023, 09:59:05 am »
How come there’s no tiered pricing on the Patreon? I’d only want audio which is Ł7 or something on the website but there’s only one tier on patreon which seems to be all the things maybe, unless anyone knows if you can do the website one and get a feed link for pocketcasts - I’m immovable from using that app because I can’t bear not being able to switch devices and keep everything in sync.

Offline dai_bonehead

• Kopite
« Reply #28762 on: December 9, 2023, 12:12:32 pm »
Kids are overrated. I could probably cut down my backlog of video games in half and watch everything on my watchist by spring without the fuckers.

That has made me chuckle.I feel you, mate. I have two kids - one autisic and the other challenging. I know we're supposed to be selfless as parenets in this modern day but sometimes I wonder if my Dad's way of always being elsewhere wasn't always a bad tactic.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28763 on: December 11, 2023, 09:28:39 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaJGa6YSYe0

Brillant review of the Palace game. The free pod after each league is brillant

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #28764 on: December 11, 2023, 12:45:46 pm »
Enjoying the dip into the full repertoire but there's nowhere near enough hours in the week for me to keep up :D and that's with the Aussie Rules on its summer break! I'm already dozens of episode behind on The Rest is History... how do you people keep up with all this podcast content? Are you able to listen while working? If I'm not giving it close to 100% attention then it's a waste of time... I can pod while driving but that's about it. Anyway, thanks for the early Chrissy gift. Always nice to get another Gutter.

I'm the same, I tend to listen while driving but can't when I'm working. I have loads of the history ones and What Football means To Me to catch up on, and even a load of random old AFQs are still sitting in my downloads! And that's just audio - thank God I don't subscribe to video as well!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 12:47:20 pm by grinchgriffin73 »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #28765 on: December 11, 2023, 12:46:35 pm »

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #28766 on: December 11, 2023, 06:51:09 pm »
So what y’all saying is that we should do *less*? 😜
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #28767 on: December 11, 2023, 07:01:01 pm »
So what y’all saying is that we should do *less*? 😜

God no ;D, if anything I'd say do more! Helps with the longer working days, sometimes I'll listen twice.

While we're at it, I think it would be good to interview the guys who run LFCHistory.net. Didn't realise it was essentially a labour of love from two Icelandic fans and now become the official LFC stats site.

Recently they've trawled through every match report (or any available footage) to provide assist stats all the way back to 1963, incredibly impressive as that information isn't really tracked pre PL era.
:D

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28768 on: December 11, 2023, 08:41:03 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaJGa6YSYe0

Brillant review of the Palace game. The free pod after each league is brillant

the 2 sunday Podcasts were quite good and insightful.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #28769 on: December 11, 2023, 08:59:59 pm »
Made the mistake of playing the immediate post match show in the car on Saturday. Had the kids with me and Kev Walsh was on - not a good combo.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #28770 on: December 11, 2023, 09:00:37 pm »
God no ;D, if anything I'd say do more! Helps with the longer working days, sometimes I'll listen twice.

While we're at it, I think it would be good to interview the guys who run LFCHistory.net. Didn't realise it was essentially a labour of love from two Icelandic fans and now become the official LFC stats site.

Recently they've trawled through every match report (or any available footage) to provide assist stats all the way back to 1963, incredibly impressive as that information isn't really tracked pre PL era.

We did do, we know them, we helped them with the book launch maybe 5-6 years ago?
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #28771 on: December 11, 2023, 09:35:29 pm »
A Rawk user called kriss used to work on lfchistory. Maybe still does. It is an incredible labour of love, the sheer quantity of it is mind blowing.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28772 on: December 12, 2023, 12:04:13 am »
Made the mistake of playing the immediate post match show in the car on Saturday. Had the kids with me and Kev Walsh was on - not a good combo.

But he was on fire. Those 2 post match shows were absolute belters. Let 'em all loose !!

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28773 on: December 12, 2023, 12:11:45 am »
But he was on fire. Those 2 post match shows were absolute belters. Let 'em all loose !!

The PMP was good despite the fleeting introduction of Walsh.  Might try the Pink, if I get in the mood for Gibbo slurring his way through a show.   

Neil is good on PMP. But its at its best with Gareth.  Gerrrrin

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #28774 on: December 12, 2023, 12:13:34 am »
We did do, we know them, we helped them with the book launch maybe 5-6 years ago?

Ha fair enough.

My next logical question is, where's the archive at? ;D Been a few times I've wanted to listen to classics and the RSS feed only goes back so far. The cathartic & impromptu post match AFQs during the disaster Covid season were incredible for one.

EDIT -

Nevermind, worked out you can get most of them via the website in some fashion. Though some of the sections aren't available without a Google search. I.e. Agony Aunt or AFQ. Stilllll, it would be good to have them on RSS so they could be downloaded without inspecting the player.

I'll shut up now
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 12:37:58 am by Kashinoda »

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #28775 on: December 14, 2023, 02:18:29 pm »
I thought Fuad left but he's still on loads of shows? Not complaining though I think he's great haha.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #28776 on: December 14, 2023, 02:35:47 pm »
I thought Fuad left but he's still on loads of shows? Not complaining though I think he's great haha.

He's left as an employee but will still contribute. They said as much when everyone left.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #28777 on: December 14, 2023, 02:35:53 pm »

He left, as in he’s no longer employed by them. But he’s on the list of recurring guests still (which is good as you say).

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28778 on: December 14, 2023, 02:38:32 pm »
He left, as in he’s no longer employed by them. But he’s on the list of recurring guests still (which is good as you say).

Thats a shame, a very likeable lad

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #28779 on: December 14, 2023, 02:40:06 pm »
Thats a shame, a very likeable lad

Left of his own accord though! Think he was a big part of the Jurgen doc and has aspirations to do more of that kind of stuff. He was on a What Football Means To Me show talking about it (I think!)

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28780 on: December 14, 2023, 02:45:50 pm »
Left of his own accord though! Think he was a big part of the Jurgen doc and has aspirations to do more of that kind of stuff. He was on a What Football Means To Me show talking about it (I think!)

Its great  that TAW have helped Lizzie, Harriet and hopefully Fuad go onto bigger things

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #28781 on: December 14, 2023, 08:30:56 pm »
He's left as an employee but will still contribute. They said as much when everyone left.
Yeah but most of them don't, lol.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28782 on: December 22, 2023, 06:39:33 pm »
Another absolute belter of an email from Dan Morgan.
Magnificent, Dan.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #28783 on: December 23, 2023, 06:07:01 am »
The discussion on Jones was great. Think it was Ian Ryan who said it's at a point where Jones is either a cross or Barnes, Molby and Dalglish or he's shite and only gets picked because he's from L8.

When the truth is more nuanced. He'll have some fantastic games, but also some where it's not clicking. Which is perfectly fine.

Saying he's fourth on the team sheet is wild though, I would pick him today though

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #28784 on: December 23, 2023, 07:30:28 pm »
Get that arsenal lad on who compared Martinelli with Suarez.

Absolutely shite mate

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #28785 on: December 24, 2023, 07:20:43 am »
Lovely little song song to end the post match pint. Very festive!

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28786 on: December 24, 2023, 01:31:18 pm »
Still waiting for Neil to do a whole show in character as Gary Neville, the impression on a couple of shows last week was hysterical  ;D ;D

"It's quuuuiiiiieeett, Jamie"
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28787 on: December 24, 2023, 01:46:20 pm »
Wasted 100 tokens hoping for some cathartic therapy from Neil on the PMP.

It was such a weak show It had the opposite effect.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28788 on: December 24, 2023, 05:37:04 pm »
Neil, fantastic review email of the Arsenal game. Karl, Neil, Dan and Ben (and anyone else I've missed out) the writing is superb. Happy Christmas to you all and all the lads and lassies on The Wrap. I love your channel, kept company with me now for more than a decade.  8)

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #28789 on: December 25, 2023, 11:25:39 am »
Still waiting for Neil to do a whole show in character as Gary Neville, the impression on a couple of shows last week was hysterical  ;D ;D

"It's quuuuiiiiieeett, Jamie"

I was creasing at that. A full Agony Hour with 'Gary' offering his advice.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline klopptopia

• Anny Roader
« Reply #28790 on: December 27, 2023, 02:22:45 pm »
Do they still do the christmas Quiz? Hoping for some dog walking content for the next couple of weeks and used to love those shows, dont remember one last year but my memory might be failing me..

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #28791 on: December 28, 2023, 12:07:57 am »
Really enjoyed the overview show. Including the spat between Neil and Rob where he suddenly decides he’s changing the entire parameter of the show ;D

Lovely to hear Gareth Roberts again too. 
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Big Bamber

• Having a lovely time, living the best time of his life
  • Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #28792 on: December 29, 2023, 07:56:32 pm »
Really enjoyed the overview show. Including the spat between Neil and Rob where he suddenly decides he’s changing the entire parameter of the show ;D

Lovely to hear Gareth Roberts again too.

He is in particularly good form on the latest Late Challenge pod: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmN8XkjA8ks

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28793 on: December 29, 2023, 10:47:50 pm »
He is in particularly good form on the latest Late Challenge pod: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmN8XkjA8ks
Yes…. I’m up to my podcast limit though… don’t have time for more!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28794 on: December 30, 2023, 08:49:10 pm »

I haven't listened to the most recent one but I think him and Copey have landed on something quite exciting with that podcast - really enjoy listening to them go off on tangents and lose track of time. Very authentic and there ends up being a lot of value in what they end up talking about.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #28795 on: December 30, 2023, 08:50:29 pm »
I was creasing at that. A full Agony Hour with 'Gary' offering his advice.

I reckon Gary is probably more likely to be sending in agony questions.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28796 on: January 2, 2024, 01:27:48 am »
Vintage tonight  :wellin

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #28797 on: January 2, 2024, 04:06:43 am »
Neil :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #28798 on: January 2, 2024, 07:54:27 am »
Neil on fine form last night :)

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28799 on: January 2, 2024, 11:34:52 am »
W