Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3336663 times)

Offline Leivashire

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #27920 on: February 25, 2023, 08:43:58 pm »
In case people haven’t seen, Robbo and Copey have a new podcast together called The Late Challenge where the talk about pretty much anything. Bit of news, bit of football, bit of crisp chat and a fair bit more.

Assuming it isn't affiliated with TAW with other guest appearing?

Offline Big Bamber

• Having a lovely time, living the best time of his life
  • Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #27921 on: February 25, 2023, 11:30:39 pm »
In case people haven’t seen, Robbo and Copey have a new podcast together called The Late Challenge where the talk about pretty much anything. Bit of news, bit of football, bit of crisp chat and a fair bit more.

Yes it is good. Refreshing, and great to hear the lads again, especially Robbo.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #27922 on: February 26, 2023, 12:07:52 am »
Assuming it isn't affiliated with TAW with other guest appearing?

No, totally independent (and different) to TAW.

Just Robbo and Cope chatting sh!t. It's good. :)
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #27923 on: February 26, 2023, 12:19:36 am »
Love paying £10 a month to listen to someone say they've been out all day getting pissed and didn't give a fuck about the match. Top quality content there.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline WoodenHanger

• Ursine Wanger.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #27924 on: February 26, 2023, 12:26:12 am »
Love paying £10 a month to listen to someone say they've been out all day getting pissed and didn't give a fuck about the match. Top quality content there.

Post match show was fucking atrocious. Close to unsubscribing felt the content has been on a constant downward spiral ever since Robbo left. Same tired contributors just trotting out the same stuff. Neil relentlessly forcing his agendas on people. The review is the same people every week. Used to love TAW but I've completely falled out of love with it recently.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #27925 on: February 26, 2023, 12:27:31 am »

:(
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #27926 on: February 26, 2023, 01:05:06 pm »
Post match show was fucking atrocious. Close to unsubscribing felt the content has been on a constant downward spiral ever since Robbo left. Same tired contributors just trotting out the same stuff. Neil relentlessly forcing his agendas on people. The review is the same people every week. Used to love TAW but I've completely falled out of love with it recently.
I like the lads a lot but it's poor when they are charging quite a bit of money for it, feels like a lot of the contributors are there because they are mates not because of what they have to offer. Don't agree with your point on Neil i must say, I think he's the best thing about TAW personally. It's Kev Walsh that I struggle to see the point of the most.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 01:22:43 pm by koptommy93 »

Offline Leivashire

• Main Stander
« Reply #27927 on: February 26, 2023, 02:01:45 pm »
I like the lads a lot but it's poor when they are charging quite a bit of money for it, feels like a lot of the contributors are there because they are mates not because of what they have to offer. Don't agree with your point on Neil i must say, I think he's the best thing about TAW personally. It's Kev Walsh that I struggle to see the point of the most.

Neil is one of the best in the business, I could see him and/or Gutmann anchoring any radio or television show! Pink is a difficult one after a nothing game I don't know what to really expect? But I broadly agree on some contributors don't offer too much, but perhaps other subscribers are fans who knows different strokes.

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #27928 on: February 26, 2023, 02:14:26 pm »
Neil is one of the best in the business, I could see him and/or Gutmann anchoring any radio or television show! Pink is a difficult one after a nothing game I don't know what to really expect? But I broadly agree on some contributors don't offer too much, but perhaps other subscribers are fans who knows different strokes.
Totally understand the difficulty but when someone says on the Post Match Pint that they've been out drinking all day and don't care about the game I think it's fair to ask what you're actually paying for.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27929 on: February 26, 2023, 03:02:49 pm »
Totally understand the difficulty but when someone says on the Post Match Pint that they've been out drinking all day and don't care about the game I think it's fair to ask what you're actually paying for.

I don’t see what the issue is with someone being out drinking all day when Liverpool are playing on a Saturday night.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27930 on: February 26, 2023, 03:06:57 pm »
I don’t see what the issue is with someone being out drinking all day when Liverpool are playing on a Saturday night.

Nothing unless you are going into work.  If you are too pissed to do a podcast, then dont
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27931 on: February 26, 2023, 03:09:00 pm »

Yeah I agree, its gone very downhill5.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27932 on: February 26, 2023, 04:16:28 pm »
Nothing unless you are going into work.  If you are too pissed to do a podcast, then dont

I disagree. Let the post-match show be as authentic as possible in my opinion.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #27933 on: February 26, 2023, 04:43:11 pm »

Bet you're fun at a party

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27934 on: February 26, 2023, 04:50:51 pm »
Bet you're fun at a party
you're right on that one, I am fun at parties

Offline PaulD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Some things are more important .......
« Reply #27935 on: February 26, 2023, 07:11:15 pm »

Good times, bad times maybe ugly times - it's a magnificent 'product' - let it roll

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27936 on: February 26, 2023, 07:37:56 pm »
It’s mad the way people come on here and constantly name check and slag off individuals. It’s fan media and these people give up their time to do shows after the game. By and large they do a decent job.

It’s meant to show an authentic fan experience and a lot of people will have gone out on the ale all day yesterday and had a good time and then the match got in the way. That’s literally what happened with me and I had to move boozers to watch the match and in all honestly couldn’t be arsed. I did decide to watch it and largely feel I wish I hadn’t.

So ye, when someone says similar on a podcast I can pretty much agree.

I don’t know what people expect, really. It’s not fucking Monday night football, and it’s far better than them arsenal morons or that united gimp who sits in front of a green screen. It’s also what TAW have been doing consistently pretty much since they started.

Offline ljycb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27937 on: February 26, 2023, 07:57:18 pm »
It’s mad the way people come on here and constantly name check and slag off individuals. It’s fan media and these people give up their time to do shows after the game. By and large they do a decent job.

It’s meant to show an authentic fan experience and a lot of people will have gone out on the ale all day yesterday and had a good time and then the match got in the way. That’s literally what happened with me and I had to move boozers to watch the match and in all honestly couldn’t be arsed. I did decide to watch it and largely feel I wish I hadn’t.

I don’t know what people expect, really. It’s not fucking Monday night football, and it’s far better than them arsenal morons or that united gimp who sits in front of a green screen. It’s also what TAW have been doing consistently pretty much since they started.

Exactly right.

Offline Big Bamber

• Having a lovely time, living the best time of his life
  • Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #27938 on: February 26, 2023, 09:17:36 pm »

Defence of content is both ‘being authentic, being like your ‘regular supporter’- boozed up and irrational, on match day or post match’ and ‘calm, dispassionate, and ‘rational’, no mad shouts etc.’. Maybe it’s convenient. Maybe it reflects reality. It is what it is.

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #27939 on: February 27, 2023, 08:41:29 am »

No issue with not being arsed, but if you cba maybe don't go on a show to talk about the game that other people are having to pay to listen to/watch.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27940 on: February 27, 2023, 12:56:20 pm »
No issue with not being arsed, but if you cba maybe don't go on a show to talk about the game that other people are having to pay to listen to/watch.

I'm not Craig or Neil or a part of TAW but I like The Pink precisely because it's raw, spur of the moment, often alcohol fuelled, at times very funny and of course at times it's "the drunken twat blowing off at you in the bar after the game". That's what it says on the tin. Gibbo is prime Pink. Man that guy has produced dome fantastic moments after all kinds of results. Roll on "The Pink". The serious analysis comes later.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #27941 on: February 27, 2023, 02:52:18 pm »
Is the 'not being arsed' thing just a comedic crutch for getting through this very rough patch the team is experiencing? I can see how people don't love it but I think it's just a way of expressing frustration. He obviously really does care.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #27942 on: February 27, 2023, 04:00:52 pm »

I thought the Post Match show (the audio Pink) was fine.

However, I do think TAW has a potential issue with contributors. Or at least from my perspective.

I will preface this by saying that some of the TAW contributors generally do think outside the box and/or evolve their opinions as time goes on. I thinK Neil Atkinson is prime for this and is easily the main reason I still subscribe. Guttman is similar in that he has something interesting to say.

I feel with lots of the other contributors (and I won't name names) they are either peddling the same or similar rhetoric to what they have done before. It gets quite boring, quite quickly.  I also think that when the conversation is a broader, more intellectual discussion about Liverpool, football politics, governing bodies etc.. a number of the contributors don't have the intellect, depth of knowledge or experience to challenge Neil on occasions. It feels like he's dragging the conversation along on occasions because others are struggling to have the depth of knowledge to contribute (potentially fair if they have full-time jobs and life outside of TAW).

If Neil ever left then I think I'd be done with TAW. That's on the strength of his contribution rather than a reflection of all the other contributors
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #27943 on: February 27, 2023, 04:52:17 pm »
I'm not Craig or Neil or a part of TAW but I like The Pink precisely because it's raw, spur of the moment, often alcohol fuelled, at times very funny and of course at times it's "the drunken twat blowing off at you in the bar after the game". That's what it says on the tin. Gibbo is prime Pink. Man that guy has produced dome fantastic moments after all kinds of results. Roll on "The Pink". The serious analysis comes later.

My fave post match shows were after Dortmund and Barca. On both a lot of alcohol had been consumed
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27944 on: March 1, 2023, 11:58:25 am »
Good "warm up" show. Very interesting chats.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27945 on: March 1, 2023, 02:29:24 pm »
Lads and lasses of TAW, any chance you could clip the intro titles to the Talking Reds videos uploaded to the app?

It was 4 minutes today which is pretty annoying to have to skip 15 seconds at a time until someone finally starts talking.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #27946 on: March 2, 2023, 07:03:28 am »
The player ratings and the ref’s twitching semi on had me laughing again ;D been a while.

Offline craiglfc7

• Main Stander
    • My twitter
« Reply #27947 on: March 2, 2023, 12:04:02 pm »
Lads and lasses of TAW, any chance you could clip the intro titles to the Talking Reds videos uploaded to the app?

It was 4 minutes today which is pretty annoying to have to skip 15 seconds at a time until someone finally starts talking.

Hi mate, yes sorry should have been done! We will sort for next one.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27948 on: March 5, 2023, 09:19:49 pm »
Eagerly awaiting an all time great pink

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #27949 on: March 5, 2023, 09:27:19 pm »
It’s come through on Apple’s podcast app.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27950 on: March 5, 2023, 09:30:43 pm »
It’s down for me as if I haven’t got a sub. Appreciate lots of celebrating to be done but is this a general thing

Same for me!

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27951 on: March 6, 2023, 04:01:04 pm »
Obviously Gibbos got other priorities 😂 https://twitter.com/andrew_m_swift/status/1632460380961161216/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1632460380961161216&currentTweetUser=andrew_m_swift
Not sure that link works but I think you were linking to this

https://twitter.com/andrew_m_swift/status/1632460380961161216?s=20

I was in the Glenbuck after the game and the atmosphere was amazing.  This chant was repeated quite a few times, including the Gibbo-led 10 minutes  ;D

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #27952 on: March 7, 2023, 10:08:42 am »
Neil on the free show saying they bought Weghorst just so that he could get high stuff off shelves for Lisandro Martinez in Carrington had me falling around laughing  ;D
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online klopptopia

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27953 on: March 7, 2023, 11:19:40 am »
There was also something on a show about Martinez looking like he was wearing keks/trousers, wonderful stuff.

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #27954 on: March 7, 2023, 11:35:29 am »
And that 5 foot 9 was just what he used in his Tinder profile.... ;D

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27955 on: March 8, 2023, 10:48:46 am »
:D I'd never watched Martinez play before but he is just a comedy goldmine and the review team nailed it beautifully

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27956 on: March 8, 2023, 10:51:06 am »
Loved all the coverage this week. Can we just win 7-0 every week please?

Yours sincerely
Fairweather Fan

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #27957 on: March 10, 2023, 10:18:08 pm »
Neil has the most fantastic way with words, we all know that.

But I don’t think he’s ever been on finer form than in his dismissal of Spurs on the Friday show.

Brutal, yet utterly correct..!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27958 on: March 10, 2023, 10:24:49 pm »
Neil has a great way with words unless one of those words is Bajčetić. 😁 I think I’ve heard about a dozen different pronounciations from him. So as a native speaker let me breat it down for you Neil.

Bye - Che - Teach

Easy. 👋

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27959 on: March 14, 2023, 09:27:08 am »
I'm a bit late with saying this, but I think The Lost Tapes has been a great new show. Love this way of looking at the past and bigger stories framed in a time snapshot. Also appreciate the research that Dan Morgan seems to have put in before the episodes. More of this please.

Think yer man from the Echo doing the financial stuff (can never remember his name, sorry) has been great too - really knowledgeable and well-spoken. Excellent addition.

Free show yesterday was superb and therapeutic after Saturday's shitshow. Blundell, Lizzie Doyle and Gutmann is an excellent lineup to go with Neil. All of them thoughtful, whilst willing to be critical.