Author Topic: Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel  (Read 103019 times)

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
Re: Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel
« Reply #1720 on: October 1, 2012, 12:59:37 pm »
one thing I would say is its fucking amazing just how obsessed everyone is with this film , it doesn't matter whether you despised it or loved it its being talked about to a massive degree.

In many ways this films a lot like Jedward then....and they made fuck all sense either, they certainly were formed in primordial goo.
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1721 on: October 1, 2012, 01:05:28 pm »
Deleted Scene titles from the upcoming DVD/Blueray release:
00:02:31:16 (ARRIVAL OF THE ENGINEERS) (DELETED SCENE)
00:00:58:05 (T’IS THE SEASON) (DELETED SCENE)
00:00:42:08 (OUR FIRST ALIEN) (DELETED SCENE)
00:00:42:14 (SKIN) (DELETED SCENE)
00:01:22:01 (WE’RE NOT ALONE ANYMORE) (DELETED SCENE)
00:02:57:01 (STRANGE BEDFELLOWS) (DELETED SCENE)
00:01:25:04 (HOLLOWAY HUNGOVER) (DELETED SCENE)
00:00:23:12 (DAVID’S OBJECTIVE) (DELETED SCENE)
00:03:27:07 (JANEK FILLS VICKERS IN) (DELETED SCENE)
00:03:40:12 (A KING HAS HIS REIGN) (DELETED SCENE)
00:02:01:24 (FITFIELD ATTACKS) (DELETED SCENE)
00:04:06:06 (THE ENGINEER SPEAKS) (DELETED SCENE)
00:05:30:04 (FINAL BATTLE) (DELETED SCENE)
00:05:05:19 (PARADISE) (DELETED SCENE)

Are they actually going to be in the film or have you got to watch them seperately from the special features menu?

I've just got the blu-ray version from the usual places but there are no new scenes in it.

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #1722 on: October 1, 2012, 02:08:28 pm »
Are they actually going to be in the film or have you got to watch them seperately from the special features menu?

I've just got the blu-ray version from the usual places but there are no new scenes in it.

seperate to the movie i think, so as a feature off the menu

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1723 on: October 1, 2012, 03:10:36 pm »
one thing I would say is its fucking amazing just how obsessed everyone is with this film , it doesn't matter whether you despised it or loved it its being talked about to a massive degree.

In many ways this films a lot like Jedward then....and they made fuck all sense either, they certainly were formed in primordial goo.

I'm not obsessed with the film just obsessed with winding Andy up about his shite taste in movies.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #1724 on: October 1, 2012, 04:31:37 pm »
I'm not obsessed with the film just obsessed with winding Andy up about his shite taste in movies.

I'm obsessed with the fact that Andy has painted himself into a corner with his irrational love of this movie. Now he has to spin to the ends of time, and every corner of the web, and with every tuppenny sub-David Icke theory to justify the plot of Prometheus.

End of the day, I thought it was okay, quite mediocre with some fantastic visuals. For me, the marketing was out of this world good, some of the best in many years. And that is a factor in the disappointment.

And then when you get to the final product, the logic of the film was atrocious, like a straight-to-video slasher with Val Kilmer running around with people like Ruben Blades. 

Had the film been directed by Len Wiseman who made Total Recall and Underworld, there would have been a flood of 3 star reviews and everyone would have moved on, yawning.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #1725 on: October 1, 2012, 05:03:21 pm »
I'm obsessed with the fact that Andy has painted himself into a corner with his irrational love of this movie. Now he has to spin to the ends of time, and every corner of the web, and with every tuppenny sub-David Icke theory to justify the plot of Prometheus.

End of the day, I thought it was okay, quite mediocre with some fantastic visuals. For me, the marketing was out of this world good, some of the best in many years. And that is a factor in the disappointment.

And then when you get to the final product, the logic of the film was atrocious, like a straight-to-video slasher with Val Kilmer running around with people like Ruben Blades. 

Had the film been directed by Len Wiseman who made Total Recall and Underworld, there would have been a flood of 3 star reviews and everyone would have moved on, yawning.
Eh fuck off Ruben Blades is boss! :P
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1726 on: October 1, 2012, 05:08:52 pm »
I love Ruben Blades as well.

He is boss in Color of Night. He out acts Bruce Willis' penis in fact.
"You stick your dick in a vol-au-vent, it could get chewed off at the root!"

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1727 on: October 1, 2012, 05:13:23 pm »
I love Ruben Blades as well.

He is boss in Color of Night. He out acts Bruce Willis' penis in fact.
"You stick your dick in a vol-au-vent, it could get chewed off at the root!"

Do you have a picture of Max Zorin in your avatar?
Continually on 11,420.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1728 on: October 1, 2012, 05:20:34 pm »
Do you have a picture of Max Zorin in your avatar?

yeah man

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1729 on: October 1, 2012, 05:21:42 pm »
Haha, Reuben Blades! Superb.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1730 on: October 1, 2012, 05:25:53 pm »
yeah man

There's a fine line between Max Storin and Max Shreck.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1731 on: October 1, 2012, 05:30:11 pm »
There's a fine line between Max Storin and Max Shreck.

I try not the cross that line, it leads to Tim Burton-ness.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #1732 on: October 1, 2012, 05:56:06 pm »
Oh well,that's saved me dling 13 gigs.Ta. :wave
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1733 on: October 1, 2012, 06:04:29 pm »

Movies?!! Schoolboy error, son.

We're not in the fucking US of A now!

Bloody films. Learn yer English!

;)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1734 on: October 1, 2012, 06:40:42 pm »

All new alternate ending and beginning that you can't even watch with the rest of the film!

Completely false advertising IMO.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #1735 on: October 1, 2012, 06:44:25 pm »
All new alternate ending and beginning that you can't even watch with the rest of the film!

I'm just glad I dled it.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1736 on: October 1, 2012, 07:51:58 pm »

It's all just so unfair :(

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Casablancas

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #1737 on: October 1, 2012, 09:47:51 pm »
I am pretty annoyed that the new footage isn't included in a different cut of the film, as a fan I would have enjoyed it.
Without the sunglasses, Weekend at Bernie's would have been a very dark, strange tale.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1738 on: October 1, 2012, 10:09:51 pm »
I am pretty annoyed that the new footage isn't included in a different cut of the film, as a fan I would have enjoyed it.

You misunderstand your role in all this. You're not an audience to be satisfied. You're a cash cow. There will e a complete version in the 10-disc metal box special edition. In the meantime get your card out and buy what you're told. Ridley needs the cash.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1739 on: October 1, 2012, 10:12:07 pm »
You misunderstand your role in all this. You're not an audience to be satisfied. You're a cash cow. There will e a complete version in the 10-disc metal box special edition. In the meantime get your card out and buy what you're told. Ridley needs the cash.

It comes in this giant head.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1740 on: October 1, 2012, 10:13:27 pm »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1741 on: October 1, 2012, 10:45:14 pm »
Life size?

Oh yes. £125 extra per jar as well. I'm drinking stella and black goo out of mine.

« Last Edit: October 1, 2012, 10:47:20 pm by Andy @ Allerton »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1743 on: October 2, 2012, 03:05:47 am »
I enjoyed it.  And Andy's right. :)

There, that ought to keep this thread going for another 15 or 16 pages.  :lickin

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1745 on: October 2, 2012, 11:15:47 am »

Errr... Gave up after five minutes.

Too complicated for you? :D

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1746 on: October 2, 2012, 12:17:07 pm »
Too complicated for you? :D

Too boring... 28 fucking minutes!... They also seem to have a strange conception of what an 'answer' is.

Q1 - Is Linelof a bad writer? - the 'answer' is that he wasn't the original writer and also wrote Lost. That's not an answer.

Q2 - What is a plot hole? - their answer refers to Wiki which defines a plot hole as amongst other things:

A plot hole, or plothole, is a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot, or constitutes a blatant omission of relevant information regarding the plot. These include such things as unlikely behaviour or actions of characters, illogical or impossible events, events happening for no apparent reason, or statements/events that contradict earlier events in the storyline.

That seems to cover most of Prometheus...

Next few questions are particularly uninteresting... but typical is "How did the archaeologists find the cave paintings in Scotland so easily? - answer starts "for all we know..." then ..."maybe they..." and concludes with "you don't know..." again, that's not an answer.

Next question refers to a viral marketing campaign... I didn't watch it so the answer is irrelevant.

yawn... fast forward...

Q - What was the purpose of the scene where Vickers is revealed to be Weylands daughter? - some rambling bollocks of an answer that makes no sense. She wants him to die but he gets angry when she nuzzles his hand?... Err... you what?... It's cardboard cutout characterisation.

Q - Why isn't Vickers last name "Weyland" - some more utter shite. If it's Weylands who disowns Vickers how did he make her change her name?... The correct answer is this is a poorly telegraphed set up for the lame 'father' line that has no meaning at all.

Q - the male medpod shit? - answer?... not an answer - it's a movie plotpoint and makes no sense.

Yawn... fast fast forward.... and we get to the fucking doozy! I'll put it in bold:

If we share the same DNA with the Engineers, why don't other lifeforms on Earth do the same? Why were there dinosaurs if the Aliens made us?

OK... now wait for the answer... seriously... this is a fucking belter...

As far as we know, people are still looking for the "missing link" between chimps and humans. This is the question the movie is asking you. Is there even a link, or were we created separately?

And there you have it. As I keep pointing out it's anti-science, intelligent-design bullshit.

Missing link? Jesus wept! Are they living in the nineteenth century?...

And at that point I stopped watching...
« Last Edit: October 2, 2012, 12:19:31 pm by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Rushies_Left_Foot

• Main Stander
  • 1977, 1978, 1981, 1984, 2005
'The 2010/11 season was by far the best Lucas has had in a Liverpool shirt and the fans acknowledged this by voting him as the Standard Chartered Player of the Season. Lucas also had the most tackles of any player in any of the top four European leagues for the 10/11 season.'

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1748 on: October 2, 2012, 01:11:44 pm »
I can answer the most sacred and profound question in Prometheus:

Spoiler
The black goo = Jägermeister.
[close]

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1749 on: October 2, 2012, 01:24:42 pm »
Too boring... 28 fucking minutes!... They also seem to have a strange conception of what an 'answer' is.

Q1 - Is Linelof a bad writer? - the 'answer' is that he wasn't the original writer and also wrote Lost. That's not an answer.

Q2 - What is a plot hole? - their answer refers to Wiki which defines a plot hole as amongst other things:

That seems to cover most of Prometheus...

Next few questions are particularly uninteresting... but typical is "How did the archaeologists find the cave paintings in Scotland so easily? - answer starts "for all we know..." then ..."maybe they..." and concludes with "you don't know..." again, that's not an answer.

Next question refers to a viral marketing campaign... I didn't watch it so the answer is irrelevant.

yawn... fast forward...

Q - What was the purpose of the scene where Vickers is revealed to be Weylands daughter? - some rambling bollocks of an answer that makes no sense. She wants him to die but he gets angry when she nuzzles his hand?... Err... you what?... It's cardboard cutout characterisation.

Q - Why isn't Vickers last name "Weyland" - some more utter shite. If it's Weylands who disowns Vickers how did he make her change her name?... The correct answer is this is a poorly telegraphed set up for the lame 'father' line that has no meaning at all.

Q - the male medpod shit? - answer?... not an answer - it's a movie plotpoint and makes no sense.

Yawn... fast fast forward.... and we get to the fucking doozy! I'll put it in bold:

If we share the same DNA with the Engineers, why don't other lifeforms on Earth do the same? Why were there dinosaurs if the Aliens made us?

As far as we know, people are still looking for the "missing link" between chimps and humans. This is the question the movie is asking you. Is there even a link, or were we created separately?

And there you have it. As I keep pointing out it's anti-science, intelligent-design bullshit.

Missing link? Jesus wept! Are they living in the nineteenth century?...

And at that point I stopped watching...

You loved it really I can tell.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1750 on: October 2, 2012, 01:25:43 pm »

Wow.......just......wow.

That video does go to great lengths to explain a lot of the nuances of the film, but come on, you shouldnt have to go and search viral videos and look around on a set up Weyland corp website to find answers or to understand points about a film.

These things should give you extra bits of information that are irrelevant to the film, like what were the weapons called in the Star Wars films, its not relevant to the films plot but its cool to know, you shouldnt have to read all these things just to make sense of a film. I love learning about all the little details about bits and pieces in the background of films that the makers have compiled, but it shouldnt be necessary to have read all of this to understand the plot.

I have this bug with comic book films, you shoulndt have to have read all the comic book backstory to understand the film, it should give you all the information for the film there, and if you want to know more or see the little bits that were borrowed from the comics then you can do.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #1751 on: October 2, 2012, 01:42:26 pm »
You loved it really I can tell.
Andy you can admit you were wrong. Go on try it, no one will think less of you for it. Its liberating, go on, I did it, look...... Its shit!! Woooohooo! I feel so free.

:P
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1752 on: October 2, 2012, 02:47:13 pm »
Andy you can admit you were wrong. Go on try it, no one will think less of you for it. Its liberating, go on, I did it, look...... Its shit!! Woooohooo! I feel so free.

:P

No sorry. I've got it on order and I'll be watching it again several times when it arrives at my house.

"Prometheus Month" with repeat showings galore! Muwahahahah!

Offline Aido LFC

• Thanks Aldo. Messy arse!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #1753 on: October 2, 2012, 06:31:58 pm »
Spoiler
Don't know why this has only come to me now and i'm not sure whether somebody has mentioned it before but do you think the reason they created life on earth so that they could test their weapons on us? Maybe one of the reasons the engineer was heading to earth? We were their guinea pigs to test on.
[close]
« Last Edit: October 2, 2012, 06:33:59 pm by Aido LFC »
The only thing I can see that I have infringed is animal porn - but that was just for amusement - didn't know it was illegal?

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1754 on: October 2, 2012, 06:41:41 pm »
Spoiler
Don't know why this has only come to me now and i'm not sure whether somebody has mentioned it before but do you think the reason they created life on earth so that they could test their weapons on us? Maybe one of the reasons the engineer was heading to earth? We were their guinea pigs to test on.
[close]

I think you're making the mistake of assuming the characters in this movie have any kind of consistent motivation. Their motivation could be whatever you want it to be but ultimately why worry about it? The writers and director didn't.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #1755 on: October 2, 2012, 06:44:24 pm »
Lindelhof is an idiot, in case you didn't know.

But I enjoyed this movie, and can't wait to watch it again.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #1757 on: October 2, 2012, 07:27:50 pm »
It will take more than some funky extras/deleted scenes to recover that piece of shite.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #1758 on: October 2, 2012, 08:06:51 pm »
At 27 minutes and 3 seconds in the video:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GpEx7pdp2-Q?start=1623" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/GpEx7pdp2-Q?start=1623</a>

Interesting reads:

http://whatculture.com/film/prometheus-5-things-we-want-to-see-in-a-sequel.php
First lines:
Ridley Scott’s long anticipated Alien prequel Prometheus recently exploded onto our cinema screens and has already won plaudits for its mind-altering meld of breathtaking visuals, wonderfully rendered alien landscapes and awesomely conceived action sequences...

^^ See what I meant earlier about "The Emperor's New Clothes"?

A point on these universally-acclaimed genius visuals: yes, the 'alien' landscapes do look stunningly beautiful. That's mainly because Iceland...

...has stunningly beautiful landscapes, naturally. Absolutely top marks on the choice of ext. filming locations, yes yes yes, but I can't in all honestly say I was gobsmacked by most of the alien decor once we got indoors. A lot of it I found pretty nondescript actually; the Engineer head sculpture is the big impressive set piece, and I'd already seen that pasted everywhere months before the film was released. I'm not arguing that it doesn't look sumptuous, I just didn't find much there to inspire genuine awe, in fact I didn't see anything strikingly original at all really.
Each of the Alien films tried something different visually - the original goes without saying, that film birthed Giger's biomechanical Xenomorph universe, as well as the grubby, lived-in blue-collar human workplace, and just bowled everyone over with its novel vision, its unfettered artistic creativity; Aliens brought a cleaner, more sterile military feel, with futuristic barracks and colony research facilities; Alien3 gave us a grotty, industrial, labyrinthine prison setting (everything's filmed in a reddish-brown tint, rusting); Jeunet did his own OTT grotesque cartoon shite. Prometheus was not particularly ambitious in its aesthetic approach, if you ask me - but then, it's not an Alien film, is it ::)

"awesomely conceived action sequences"  :-X

Everyone needs to eventually admit to themselves that this film, just as a film, is pretty throwaway toss. You can still love it - knock yourself out - but it's toss. Like 2011's The Thing premakequel, it doesn't actually need to exist - it brings little of any worth to the table (and before anyone starts, I don't think this is quite as pointless and crap as that was). It just needs to be asked once again; why not work hard on a good script, satisfactorily filled-out characters, a fascinating new take on this already well-established universe, before committing such a project to film and milking the moolah? Why wait so long without at least striving for perfection and just failing, when the time comes to actually put it all together? I guess we'll never know.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #1759 on: October 2, 2012, 08:57:31 pm »
I have the Alien Quadrilogy and love all of those films, my favourite being Aliens. My question is, as a big fan of these films, and sci-fi in general, do I buy this film? I've seen very mixed views on here, so not sure what to do.