Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3450924 times)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #36720 on: December 8, 2019, 05:34:51 pm »
How many left backs do they need? They have about three already don't they?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #36721 on: December 8, 2019, 05:41:20 pm »
Wtf?

The thing about stuff like that is that he doesn't really give a toss about those migrant workers he just wants to point score.

Similar situation. When Paris was hit by terrorists and people were saying #prayforparis a 'rival' hashtag popped up saying #prayforkenya. This was a terrorist attack that had happened at least a year before the paris attacks, but people were trying to highlight the differences in media coverage. These same people likely didn't say a word when it first happened though

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #36722 on: December 8, 2019, 05:41:20 pm »

They're all shit though. Hilarious
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #36723 on: December 8, 2019, 05:43:38 pm »
Top post that.

It's a shit post that actually sounds racist itself
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #36724 on: December 8, 2019, 05:45:14 pm »
The thing about stuff like that is that he doesn't really give a toss about those migrant workers he just wants to point score.

Similar situation. When Paris was hit by terrorists and people were saying #prayforparis a 'rival' hashtag popped up saying #prayforkenya. This was a terrorist attack that had happened at least a year before the paris attacks, but people were trying to highlight the differences in media coverage. These same people likely didn't say a word when it first happened though

Yeah I just read his other post he actually sounds like the racist
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36725 on: December 8, 2019, 05:45:52 pm »
They're all shit though. Hilarious

Oh, that's true enough ;D

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #36726 on: December 8, 2019, 05:46:22 pm »
They’ve spent £210m on full backs in the last 30 months...

And it still isn’t enough.

Let that factoid sink in...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36727 on: December 8, 2019, 05:47:57 pm »

Up against £8m for ours who are essential undroppable components of our team.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36728 on: December 8, 2019, 05:48:42 pm »
There was so much cry arsing when they signed Cancelo. People need to realise that City dont do good full backs.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36729 on: December 8, 2019, 05:49:21 pm »

Guardiola certainly does seem to have a huge fullback fetish.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36730 on: December 8, 2019, 05:49:25 pm »
Yeah I just read his other post he actually sounds like the racist

I'm not comfortable dropping the R bomb because that's a big word but I have to call it out when I think someone is being disingenuous and I think the post about the migrant workers was that

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36731 on: December 8, 2019, 05:50:02 pm »

I don't even know where to begin with that :lmao
basically ‘we are screwed because we did dumb shit like spend £50m on an Instagram celeb at left back’

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36732 on: December 8, 2019, 06:01:48 pm »

I don't even know where to begin with that :lmao

The Cartel Cubs?

What is that, some Mexican Baseball team?

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36733 on: December 8, 2019, 06:09:12 pm »
How come Pep doesn't play Phil "the most talented player I have ever seen" Foden more?

Silva's legs just don't suit games like this.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36734 on: December 8, 2019, 06:27:34 pm »
But...but...throwing a pint glass at a heavily fortified bus is much more serious than racism.
In retrospect the bus survived Anfield considerably better than the team it was carrying that night.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #36735 on: December 8, 2019, 06:29:43 pm »
Guardiola certainly does seem to have a huge fullback fetish.

In that case he should sign Like Shaw.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36736 on: December 8, 2019, 06:31:51 pm »
Poor put upon Pip, whatever will he do!?, he's basically a full back nonce, he's this "visionary" manager yet he couldn't see the need to have 4 CBs.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #36737 on: December 8, 2019, 06:39:20 pm »
Said it far too many times now - you can take the trampy family out of skid row, but you can't take skid row out of the trampy family.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #36738 on: December 8, 2019, 06:46:27 pm »
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #36739 on: December 8, 2019, 07:05:12 pm »
They don't know how to lose with grace any more.

Never had a problem with City fans before the Pep era to be honest even when they were winning titles and cups, but they seem to have taken on his 'spoilt brat, the world is against us' persona.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36740 on: December 8, 2019, 07:14:45 pm »
basically ‘we are screwed because we did dumb shit like spend £50m on an Instagram celeb at left back’

Crying because they can't just outspend everybody and pay the best players in the world a million a week.  As usual just want to throw money at the problem as a quick fix rather than approach it from a constructive tactical perspective.

I really think our result at Villa broke something in their psyche this season.  They were on the verge of getting within three points of us, with the chance to top the table on GD with a win at Anfield.  Now they're 14 fecking points behind us.  That's an insane collapse.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline idontknow

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36741 on: December 8, 2019, 07:29:46 pm »
I understand why you say this, but to be honest I'll be supporting Leicester.
Me too. Confident we will beat Leicester ourselves, but would like to see Rodgers beat City. Don't mind the teeth either, really, anymore.  ;D
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36742 on: December 8, 2019, 07:41:17 pm »
Me too. Confident we will beat Leicester ourselves, but would like to see Rodgers beat City. Don't mind the teeth either, really, anymore.  ;D
a draw would be the best imo.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #36743 on: December 8, 2019, 07:41:33 pm »
How come Pep doesn't play Phil "the most talented player I have ever seen" Foden more?

Silva's legs just don't suit games like this.

Maybe Foden is to Cardiola what Phil ‘the next Duncan Edwards’ was to Ferguson
Believer

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #36744 on: December 8, 2019, 07:54:12 pm »
In that case he should sign Like Shaw.
;D  Shaw warming up last night.  Looked like a mascot in a padded suit

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #36745 on: December 8, 2019, 07:56:03 pm »
Personally , some of the praise Guardiloa gave Foden early last year in particular I found over the top and underserving.  Correct me if I'm wrong but he is the only local lad/academy graduate they have in the squad and Pep plays on that, he leads him and the fans along, sure he is a decent player and will improve but its a convienient reference point for Pep to plug as if he is not just spunking squillions on foreign players.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline idontknow

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36746 on: December 8, 2019, 08:03:49 pm »
a draw would be the best imo.
This most likely would be the best result for us. Watching City crumble is undoubtedly good fun though.  :)

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36747 on: December 8, 2019, 08:04:56 pm »
Personally , some of the praise Guardiloa gave Foden early last year in particular I found over the top and underserving.  Correct me if I'm wrong but he is the only local lad/academy graduate they have in the squad and Pep plays on that, he leads him and the fans along, sure he is a decent player and will improve but its a convienient reference point for Pep to plug as if he is not just spunking squillions on foreign players.

When I hear his name I always think of one of these below, reminds me of the annual traction engine rally they have at Llandudno.
 :-X

Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36748 on: December 8, 2019, 08:34:16 pm »
:lmao

Alright mate, carry on slagging off the black fella.

Such a sad reply.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #36749 on: December 8, 2019, 08:47:38 pm »
YNWA

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #36750 on: December 8, 2019, 09:03:16 pm »
When I hear his name I always think of one of these below, reminds me of the annual traction engine rally they have at Llandudno.
 :-X

So like a more modern version of a cart horse?  Yep, seems about right from why I’ve seen of him.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #36751 on: December 8, 2019, 09:35:38 pm »
They do love lobbing stuff, had things thrown at us there before in the away end, think Ferdinand got his face split open by a coin there a while back too didn't he?

Still, not as bad as some c*nt throwing a beer can at a window.
A Liverpool fan lost an eye after being hit by a coin thrown by an Abu Dhabi 'fan' at the Emptyhad a few seasons ago. Throwing things were all City were good at before Abu Dhabi bought their name. Anyone who ever stood on the away side of the Kippax fence will testify to that.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36752 on: December 8, 2019, 09:50:04 pm »
A Liverpool fan lost an eye after being hit by a coin thrown by an Abu Dhabi 'fan' at the Emptyhad a few seasons ago. Throwing things were all City were good at before Abu Dhabi bought their name. Anyone who ever stood on the away side of the Kippax fence will testify to that.

But you guys don't seem to understand. Throwing coins, water bottles, or lighters at players with no protection is not a big deal. It's just part of the banter.

What IS the biggest deal is when a couple of, admitted, idiots throw some bottles at a bus. The Man City players who were housed and enclosed in this enormous metal contraption could have been killed maimed for life badly injured upset! 

After all, Kevin De Brunye almost quit football because of it:
https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/it-happens-de-bruyne-not-bothered-hostile-anfield-welcome

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #36753 on: December 8, 2019, 09:56:41 pm »
^
Abu Dhabi could explode a tactical nuclear device at Anfield and their 'fans' would still insist the bus 'attack' was worse. ::)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #36754 on: December 8, 2019, 10:24:54 pm »

Mate of mine got hit by a golf ball there, got hit by a meat pie once as well, the pie was rock hard and did more damage than the golf ball, come to think of it the pie incident may have been on the kop, things are a bit hazy but the golf ball deffo happened at maine road ;D

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #36755 on: December 8, 2019, 11:09:31 pm »
Mate of mine got hit by a golf ball there, got hit by a meat pie once as well, the pie was rock hard and did more damage than the golf ball, come to think of it the pie incident may have been on the kop, things are a bit hazy but the golf ball deffo happened at maine road ;D

And I bet the c*nts never shouted 'Fore' neither
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #36756 on: December 8, 2019, 11:13:13 pm »
The whole racism thing at the City game is lamentable but not unexpected. It's endemic of not just racist views among a small but vocal minority of fans, but also of a general strain of petulance and spoilt brattish-ness among the City fanbase. For the first time in 3 years they are not blowing everyone away on the pitch, picking up all the domestic trophies. They don't look solid enough at the back or prolific enough up front to get their hands on that highly coveted Champions League cup. And if results don't improve in the league (especially if things keep going well for United), they could be battling for 4th place with Chelsea and Man U in about 12 weeks time.

The ones outing themselves as "racists" are exhibiting the typical behaviour of the childhood bully who suddenly feels insecure and finds it hard not being top dog anymore. Overt and violent racism is nothing more than  a lazy, puerile way for people to voice their displeasure with their own personal circumstances and society in general. The immigrant, the outsider or the person who is obviously of a different race is an easy scapegoat, an easy target on which to project their own sense of inadequacy. 

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #36757 on: December 8, 2019, 11:15:47 pm »
The whole racism thing at the City game is lamentable but not unexpected. It's endemic of not just racist views among a small but vocal minority of fans, but also of a general strain of petulance and spoilt brattish-ness among the City fanbase. For the first time in 3 years they are not blowing everyone away on the pitch, picking up all the domestic trophies. They don't look solid enough at the back or prolific enough up front to get their hands on that highly coveted Champions League cup. And if results don't improve in the league (especially if things keep going well for United), they could be battling for 4th place with Chelsea and Man U in about 12 weeks time.

The ones outing themselves as "racists" are exhibiting the typical behaviour of the childhood bully who suddenly feels insecure and finds it hard not being top dog anymore. Overt and violent racism is nothing more than  a lazy, puerile way for people to voice their displeasure with their own personal circumstances and society in general. The immigrant, the outsider or the person who is obviously of a different race is an easy scapegoat, an easy target on which to project their own sense of inadequacy. 

Exactly!

Keyword "spoilt".
They are suddenly in a situatiuon where everything is not rolling their way.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36758 on: December 8, 2019, 11:38:49 pm »
I love this repetitive 606 caller “Gary” - he’s a tin foil sporting zoomer of the highest order.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #36759 on: December 8, 2019, 11:56:47 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50707809

Pep's clearly been smoking too much of the wacky baccy...... he's gone and put us, Barca, Juve AND Man U in the same bracket!

He's also said that they are struggling to compete with the big teams (!).

Reverse psychology? Mind games on another level?

I'm not a fan of City (obviously), but they are arguably in the top 5 teams in world footy right now.

That defeat to Utd has certainly dislodged a few of his brain cells.