Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3450931 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #36560 on: December 8, 2019, 01:07:44 am »
What the City fan did was abhorrent but it shouldn't be about tribal colours. There should be no place in our society for that kind of thing. It shouldn't be about point scoring between fans but about zero tolerance.   
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36561 on: December 8, 2019, 01:13:18 am »
GOD i dislike this club.. and their fans..

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #36562 on: December 8, 2019, 01:23:22 am »
so weird racism in football, which is the only thing i know you can go almost anywhere in the world and see a bunch of kids with a ball and just join in. The single most inclusive thing there is, pretty much.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #36563 on: December 8, 2019, 01:46:46 am »
Whatever Sterling did or didn't do during or after yesterday's derby isn't the reason why people should think he's a hypocrite. That's just a red herring. He's shown it plenty already, like his absolute volte-face over Bernardo, as well as what a horrible, aggressive, childish bad loser he is. Showed his true colours both in the game against us and the canteen incident with Gomez. He's an absolute two-faced, hypocritical twat in the image of his manager.

Brilliant player for sure, but why so many Liverpool fans think they're showing how reasonable they are by jumping to his defence I'll never know. Gobshite of a fella.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2019, 01:54:19 am by decosabute »

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36564 on: December 8, 2019, 01:51:50 am »
Sterling did the second worst dive of the season (after his one in the CL) in that game too, oddly seems to have gone unmentioned.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36565 on: December 8, 2019, 02:20:29 am »
Somebody is getting sacked.

Kier Group plc
‏Verified account @kiergroup
4h4 hours ago

We’re aware of a video circulating on social media. We take allegations and instances of racism very seriously and are currently investigating potential links between the individual involved and Kier.

https://twitter.com/kiergroup/status/1203438845309718528
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #36566 on: December 8, 2019, 02:29:11 am »
What the City fan did was abhorrent but it shouldn't be about tribal colours. There should be no place in our society for that kind of thing. It shouldn't be about point scoring between fans but about zero tolerance.   

This.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #36567 on: December 8, 2019, 02:30:26 am »
Racist scumbags

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #36568 on: December 8, 2019, 02:44:27 am »
Whatever Sterling did or didn't do during or after yesterday's derby isn't the reason why people should think he's a hypocrite. That's just a red herring. He's shown it plenty already, like his absolute volte-face over Bernardo, as well as what a horrible, aggressive, childish bad loser he is. Showed his true colours both in the game against us and the canteen incident with Gomez. He's an absolute two-faced, hypocritical twat in the image of his manager.

Brilliant player for sure, but why so many Liverpool fans think they're showing how reasonable they are by jumping to his defence I'll never know. Gobshite of a fella.

This. I for one cannot stand him. And as a person of colour I don’t think he speaks for any of us. Everything he does is aggressively PR-driven. He has a well-honed image after having spent thousands, perhaps millions covering up his history of domestic violence. And as far as I’m concerned he still hasn’t apologised properly for scratching up Joe’s face.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #36569 on: December 8, 2019, 02:48:33 am »
Aguero's absence is the one that really hurts them.
He was insanely good in their winning run last year.

When you suddenly no longer can bank on a goal machine every game then either one of your other players has to step up (Jesus, Sterling,  KDB) with a goal or two OR you have to ensure you don't let in anything at the other end.

In this match, Jesus missed a relatively straightforward header, and a few half chances were missed, a few runs never made into the right areas ... small margins.

Laporte, Aguero, both missing = a little less sharp at both ends of the pitch, and when the match is on a razor's edge, sometimes they lose
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #36570 on: December 8, 2019, 02:51:20 am »
Which is why I am not counting our chickens yet.
I would not put it past City with Aguero and Laporte to do a repeat of last years crazy winning run.

We just need to make the most of what we already have and make sure we keep grinding out the results.

"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #36571 on: December 8, 2019, 03:05:20 am »
I would not put it past City with Aguero and Laporte to do a repeat of last years crazy winning run.

We just need to make the most of what we already have and make sure we keep grinding out the results.
Agreed.

Anyone counting their chickens this early in the season needs their head testing, regardless of the lead we currently have. An awful lot of things can change. Personally, I think last season's run needed to finally get their noses in front took a hell of a lot out of them, so I can't see them repeating it, but anything is possible. With that in mind, I won't be getting in any way giddy for a few months yet.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36572 on: December 8, 2019, 03:42:33 am »
Just seen a City fan call this "As bad as Liverpool fans chucking things at the coach"   :butt
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36573 on: December 8, 2019, 03:48:09 am »
Now do us a favour vs. Leicester, you racist entitled c*nts!
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36574 on: December 8, 2019, 03:59:02 am »
City v.s. Leicester is the only ever match I will be supporting City. Just can't believe I will be supporting City though.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2019, 04:02:51 am by him_15 »
Believer

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36575 on: December 8, 2019, 04:41:32 am »
They're all kicking off about VAR, what actually happened to make them think this way? A blatant foul on Rashford was... given?!

I fucking hate them, their fans are the worst in the country by a country mile.

mirrors their owners i guess. they think they could buy and get away with everything.

Think the loss of Kompany this season is huge mentally. And Laporte being injured long term is not helping things. Jesus is good but no Aguero. Otamendi not the best choice at CB but still i think could do a better job than any CM/DM put there.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36576 on: December 8, 2019, 04:47:35 am »
Just seen a City fan call this "As bad as Liverpool fans chucking things at the coach"   :butt

The thing that gets washed over is that a racist idiot making monkey gestures is facing a lifetime ban from people engaged in mass genocide.  Yet he's the source of most outrage.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36577 on: December 8, 2019, 04:55:44 am »
On a lighter note we've broken city. Broken their fanbase, broken their team and broken their manager. Infinite blood money, diving allegations, ridiculous instagram celebrations after beating a woeful Burnley, Sterlings nonsense "chipping away" interview and bringing up busgate for no reason, and what was our reply? Nothing just keep our heads down and continue a relentless winning streak. We've treated their nonsense with a complete lack of interest and its killing them.

Good times.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36578 on: December 8, 2019, 05:44:06 am »
Can't wait for these racist dirtbags to do us a favour by beating Leicester at home.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #36579 on: December 8, 2019, 06:31:06 am »
Felt sick wanting Utd to win this one; spent half the time reasoning with myself that it was better for us, then going the other way and hoping City would come back from 0-2 down and crush them, and then telling myself not to be so fucking stupid, and on  and on. Proper gollum-on-the-way-to-Mordor situation.

Kind of stressful this. By comparison watching our games is a breeze. No stress at all, just anticipation.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Gutzon Borglum

• Kopite
« Reply #36580 on: December 8, 2019, 06:36:12 am »
City aren't going to be able to come close to putting another winning run like they managed last season in their current state, United and Newcastle were carving them open, that shouldn't happen to a side looking to post 90+ points to win a league title.

Laporte will be back in a couple months, but he will take some time to get back to his best after a really serious injury you'd think, until then they just aren't the same side without him in defense and Fernandinho in the #6.

They're out of the title race for me, no way they get through the next month's fixtures without dropping more points either.

Leicester is our only rival at this point, and if we can go to the King Power and win on Boxing Day, they'll be too far behind to have a hope in hell of catching us either.

But anyway, its gonna take a miracle for City to sort themselves out enough to make any significant ground back up on us any time soon.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36581 on: December 8, 2019, 07:40:18 am »
Well said, Al.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #36582 on: December 8, 2019, 07:43:58 am »
The blokes in the pub drinking pints of water crack me up.
 ;D
When you’ve been out sniffing bins all day sometimes you just want a nice glass of water I guess.
4.4 millions views and not a comment in sight. Fishy...
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36583 on: December 8, 2019, 08:54:29 am »
Just dawned on me city are closer in the table to the worst arsenal team in decades, sitting in 10th, than us.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36584 on: December 8, 2019, 09:02:02 am »
As Merson said last night after our game - I could have sworn he was going to start crying having to say it, even if City go on an amazing run, they still need us to drop 15 points and maybe nearer to 20. Seeing as we have dropped 19 points since August 2018, that is a huge ask.

That was sickening, that poor coach was shattered and had to undergo major surgery to replace a broken window. The poor thing is still in therapy now and is unable to drive down narrow streets.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #36585 on: December 8, 2019, 09:12:38 am »
Nail struck firmly on head.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #36586 on: December 8, 2019, 09:13:10 am »
this was going around twitter last night in DM's

Man City are currently on 32 points. To finish with 90 points they would need 58 points from the remaining 22 games. that would mean winning 19 games and drawing 1. for Liverpool to finish on 90 points we need 44 from 22 games meaning winning 14 and drawing 2. For Liverpool to finish on 90 we need a massive drop off. basically we are winning the League and I am not sleeping until may....

;D :wave

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36587 on: December 8, 2019, 09:17:58 am »
Blue Moon forum is a cesspit of hatred towards us as they're desperate for a rivalry.  I stopped reading it these days.  They're a disgrace.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #36588 on: December 8, 2019, 09:21:21 am »

Even if they were to win every single game between now and the end of the season they would still need us to drop 15 points

Which isn't going to happen. The league is as good as won
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #36589 on: December 8, 2019, 09:21:42 am »
Blue Moon forum is a cesspit of hatred towards us as they're desperate for a rivalry.  I stopped reading it these days.  They're a disgrace.

As been said they make GOT look rational, City will never be our true rivals, that's United & always will be, City are like Chelsea 10-15 years ago, when Chelsea tried to create some rivalry after those Champions League epics.
#Sausages

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36590 on: December 8, 2019, 09:23:40 am »
this was going around twitter last night in DM's

Man City are currently on 32 points. To finish with 90 points they would need 58 points from the remaining 22 games. that would mean winning 19 games and drawing 1. for Liverpool to finish on 90 points we need 44 from 22 games meaning winning 14 and drawing 2. For Liverpool to finish on 90 we need a massive drop off. basically we are winning the League and I am not sleeping until may....

;D :wave

Nothing more satisfying than a massive drop off.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36591 on: December 8, 2019, 09:25:15 am »
Even if they were to win every single game between now and the end of the season they would still need us to drop 15 points

Which isn't going to happen. The league is as good as won

Its as if some people either don't look at the league table or haven't been paying attention for the last 2 years.

Not counting chickens or anything, but barring a huge injury crisis, we are not going to collapse.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #36592 on: December 8, 2019, 09:26:29 am »
Add this to throwing objects and racially abusing rival players..

https://mobile.twitter.com/whatmjtweeted/status/1203388419310858240
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #36593 on: December 8, 2019, 09:29:27 am »

Yes and we need to keep a sense of perspective. One fan out of how many?

We had one making monkey gestures a couple of years ago so let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #36594 on: December 8, 2019, 09:31:42 am »
Nothing more satisfying than a massive drop off.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #36595 on: December 8, 2019, 09:32:11 am »
Somebody is getting sacked.

https://twitter.com/kiergroup/status/1203438845309718528
The thing I can`t get my head around is the situation he carried out this idiotic insult. He`s obviously an intelligent man (to a certain degree) as he`s a manager for a large firm and he does THAT right by the touchline knowing the game is being filmed live to the world.

He`ll get sacked, lose the ability to provide for his family, banned from football and his life is destroyed.

Idiots be idiots I suppose  ;D

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #36596 on: December 8, 2019, 09:34:10 am »
Add this to throwing objects and racially abusing rival players..

https://mobile.twitter.com/whatmjtweeted/status/1203388419310858240
Its ok. Bernardo Silva said it was his mate and their best mates an Aeroplane

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #36597 on: December 8, 2019, 09:37:32 am »
City v.s. Leicester is the only ever match I will be supporting City. Just can't believe I will be supporting City though.
I understand why you say this, but to be honest I'll be supporting Leicester.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #36598 on: December 8, 2019, 09:37:36 am »
The thing I can`t get my head around is the situation he carried out this idiotic insult. He`s obviously an intelligent man (to a certain degree) as he`s a manager for a large firm and he does THAT right by the touchline knowing the game is being filmed live to the world.

He`ll get sacked, lose the ability to provide for his family, banned from football and his life is destroyed.

Idiots be idiots I suppose  ;D
With great power comes great responsibility

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36599 on: December 8, 2019, 09:38:34 am »
Yes and we need to keep a sense of perspective. One fan out of how many?

We had one making monkey gestures a couple of years ago so let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

City fans are a breed of scum apart, they still throw Munich about as a way of referring to Utd fans - they call them The Munichs - and they still sing Munich songs in pubs.
Jurgen YNWA