Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3450917 times)

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #36680 on: December 8, 2019, 01:24:02 pm »
Because it's not his job to condemn every single racist act, and him not condemning every single racist act doesn't mean that he doesn't care about it and it doesn't mean that he hasn't been affected by it. The definition of a "hypocrite" is "someone who says they have particular moral beliefs but behaves in way that shows these are not sincere" and I think that's an appalling way to describe Sterling.

Okay. That's fair.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #36681 on: December 8, 2019, 01:26:56 pm »
No, I don't appreciate people only being interested in combating racism when its to push their own personal image.

It shouldn't be the personal responsibility of Sterling to take on every case of racism in football. That is why we have so-called footballing authorities to deal with these incidents. The fact that they have failed to face up to their responsibilities in that respect, should not be used as a stick to beat Sterling with.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36682 on: December 8, 2019, 01:27:42 pm »
I'll tell you exactly why I dislike Sterling the two faced c*nt so much.

Drug taking while under a professional contract at the club. Being called out by name by the club captain due to his poor attitude. Showing disrespect towards the manager in front of cameras. Engineering his way out of the club with the help of his scumbag agent. That's just off the top of my head. If I sat down and gave it more thought we could probably write a book on it. But the shit stain isn't worth the time.

Top all that off with him attacking one of our own only a few weeks ago for absolutely no reason, you can see where the hatred is coming from. Especially when he starts constantly playing the victim card.

He's a scumbag, always has been and always will be.

I'll give the c*nt shit until the day he retires. If Sterling, his agent and PR team want to call that "sinister", I really couldn't give a fuck.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #36683 on: December 8, 2019, 01:29:37 pm »
I just can’t agree.

Expecting Sterling to condemn each and every racist act in the same way and style risks holding him to a deferent standard to everyone else..  which could of course be racist

I don’t think it’s particularly outrageous to call him out on some pretty obvious hypocrisy on a couple of cases now when his own club has been involved in racist incidents. Maybe that’s the problem with the exposure of footballers now, that his previous quotes on the matter are out there. But you know....they are.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36684 on: December 8, 2019, 01:30:52 pm »
Because it's not his job to condemn every single racist act, and him not condemning every single racist act doesn't mean that he doesn't care about it and it doesn't mean that he hasn't been affected by it. The definition of a "hypocrite" is "someone who says they have particular moral beliefs but behaves in way that shows these are not sincere" and I think that's an appalling way to describe Sterling.
You're absolutely right but I think what got people's backs up was when he leaped to the defence of Bernardo Silva, despite it being bloody obvious the tweet and video were racist, some felt it undermined previous statements and work regarding racism. I'm guessing there was a clash of PR teams and the City one overruled his.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36685 on: December 8, 2019, 01:30:54 pm »
Fucking hell just came in the tread to laugh at these moaning c*nts, turns out it's us and were all fucking sniping at each other
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #36686 on: December 8, 2019, 01:31:16 pm »
I think Raheem should 'retire' from being spokesperson for racism so that the mante could be passed on to somebody else. It should be stated that he only used his platform to try and affect change. We should be more talking about the fact that as we approach 2020 this is still a thing in football grounds, premier league ones at that

I also think some people don't think this issue is as serious as it is.

This is a response in a thread about one of our players winning a PFA Player of the Year award

until Raheem takes up some new social cause.

What do you say about something like that?

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #36687 on: December 8, 2019, 01:32:40 pm »
I just can’t agree.

Expecting Sterling to condemn each and every racist act in the same way and style risks holding him to a deferent standard to everyone else..  which could of course be racist
No ones asking him to do that. Theyre pointing out that when its his own club and team mates doing it,he doesnt appear to be as quick to speak up aboot it as he has done in the past. Funny that

Offline Skrtelonparole

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36688 on: December 8, 2019, 01:34:57 pm »
I just can’t agree.

I agree with you if he was to be treated just like any other player. Thing is, he is not just any other player but someone whom has willingly stepped up to become the spokesperson on the topic. If he wants to retreat from that position, fine - I'm sure the newspapers could go to another player to voice the concerns on racism in the game - surely there are many willing to combat this and take that role. If he wants to retain that privileged position, it is fair to expect him to speak up even if racism comes from his own clubs supporters or players - or he is risked being called out for being selective in his condemnation.
I think that is a fair position?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36689 on: December 8, 2019, 01:45:30 pm »
Fucking hell just came in the tread to laugh at these moaning c*nts, turns out it's us and were all fucking sniping at each other

This.

Can we go back to taking the piss out of City please?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Larse

• Kopite
« Reply #36690 on: December 8, 2019, 01:46:32 pm »
The club came out with a statement extremely quickly. I am certain that players and staff are under instruction to not talk about it in a public manner - as the wrong wording can easily make the situation worse.

I'm not saying any of them actually would have said anything about it (how can I know?), but that's how situations like this are generally handled by large organisations.

The situation that comes to my mind right now is when our fans smashed their bus. Klopp came out with a 1.5 Minute apology right after the game:
https://youtu.be/ntVBJ4XqXIU

I am aware that most likely the club urged them to not say anything about it but i dont think that if guardiola insisted to say something about it they would have stopped him.

After all it just shows again how bad their club handles those situations/incidents. Allez allez allez, silva and now this. Imo they handled all those really bad (for different reason obviously)

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36691 on: December 8, 2019, 01:48:32 pm »
I agree with you if he was to be treated just like any other player. Thing is, he is not just any other player but someone whom has willingly stepped up to become the spokesperson on the topic. If he wants to retreat from that position, fine - I'm sure the newspapers could go to another player to voice the concerns on racism in the game - surely there are many willing to combat this and take that role. If he wants to retain that privileged position, it is fair to expect him to speak up even if racism comes from his own clubs supporters or players - or he is risked being called out for being selective in his condemnation.

Media appointed spokesman. Rose talks alot about it but I guess nobody cares what he has to say. Though I think he should step back he can't actually announce it, he just has to hope somebody else is chosen.

Our own Gini spoke very well on subject recently. Thank fcuk he is Dutch though

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #36692 on: December 8, 2019, 01:51:05 pm »
I think Raheem should be speaking out about how ethnic and sexual minorities are treated in the Gulf States on construction projects and in society in general respectively, but that's just me. Either he doesn't know or he knows but can't because of the club he's playing for. I'm certain he's against it, but actual bravery would be to speak out on that. Everyone (says) they're against racism in Britain so that's more like "ok, copy, good" to be fair.

I think he genuinely cares about the issue though, I'll grant him that but many people do :wave I just wish he could affect a positive change for the migrant workers and those being prosecuted for who they are in Abu Dhabi too.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2019, 01:52:48 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36693 on: December 8, 2019, 01:53:24 pm »

Come on, its not like hes in office of being spokesperson or minister of racism. It must be tiresome having it in his mind constantly so he can chose to adress it when he feels like it, imo

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36694 on: December 8, 2019, 01:55:27 pm »
No ones asking him to do that. Theyre pointing out that when its his own club and team mates doing it,he doesnt appear to be as quick to speak up aboot it as he has done in the past. Funny that

I made a post like this but yours is more precise so I'll leave it at that.

I don't think there's anything to be gained by discussing this further, and I don't want to come across as racist, pro-Brexit or something similar

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36695 on: December 8, 2019, 01:55:39 pm »
I just can’t agree.

When he has actively decided to comment on racism and not simply comment on it if questioned, it doesn't seem unreasonable for him to speak out when those acts directly concern his own club, it is not about holding him to a different standard so much as holding him to the standard he chose for himself and to imply people are doing so for racist reasons is frankly a fucking despicable accusation.

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36696 on: December 8, 2019, 01:59:18 pm »
When he has actively decided to comment on racism and not simply comment on it if questioned, it doesn't seem unreasonable for him to speak out when those acts directly concern his own club, it is not about holding him to a different standard so much as holding him to the standard he chose for himself and to imply people are doing so for racist reasons is frankly a fucking despicable accusation.

Does he need to speak out though? Man City did an official statement on behalf of the club adressing the issue

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #36697 on: December 8, 2019, 02:02:54 pm »

We don't know what went on at City in the aftermath of that though do we? I think its really harsh to use that as a stick to beat Sterling with when no one knows what happened inside the club itself. It also continues this pathetic procedure of how somehow expecting the players themselves to solve a problem which is outside their remit. They are footballers first of all, its not their responsibility to deal with every racism issue. There are people involved inside of the game getting paid big bucks who should be doing a lot more to deal with this issue, why are they not being questioned on the back of this? Why is it Sterling's problem and not there's? 
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #36698 on: December 8, 2019, 02:09:15 pm »
I made a post like this but yours is more precise so I'll leave it at that.

I don't think there's anything to be gained by discussing this further, and I don't want to come across as racist, pro-Brexit or something similar
Too late ;D ;)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #36699 on: December 8, 2019, 02:11:11 pm »
As far as I can see nobody is expecting him to speak out at every racist act but when he was stood 3 meters away you'd imagine he'd have said something?

Nobody saw the racist incident live did they? The bit when the other City players went over was when the lighters were thrown at Fred I think? Seemed like no one reacted to it at the time, not even the United player(s) on the receiving end.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36700 on: December 8, 2019, 02:15:46 pm »
Too late ;D ;)

:D

Well I'm Indian, so we already had Brexit about 70 years ago

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #36701 on: December 8, 2019, 02:20:39 pm »

When you are in a contract talk with your own club, it is no wonder that racism champion has chosen to stay silent.

Hypocrite to the extreme

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #36702 on: December 8, 2019, 02:28:02 pm »

Well I'm Indian, so we already had Brexit about 70 years ago
Cant say that nowadays,Its native american now mate or Indigenous peoples of the Americas  :wave

Just kiddin ;)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36703 on: December 8, 2019, 02:29:39 pm »
Cant say that nowadays,Its native american now mate or Indigenous peoples of the Americas  :wave

Just kiddin ;)

Lets play Cowboys and Indigenous Peoples of the Americas just doesn't sound right
Jurgen YNWA

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #36704 on: December 8, 2019, 02:33:07 pm »
City're shite

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #36705 on: December 8, 2019, 02:39:27 pm »
Lets play Bos taurus Cowboys GenderNeutral and Indigenous Peoples of the Americas just doesn't sound right

Offline Fernando_Torres_Was_Good

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #36706 on: December 8, 2019, 02:46:37 pm »
Most vile set of fans in the league. And that's a league that includes Chelsea, so that's really saying something.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #36707 on: December 8, 2019, 02:48:56 pm »
They absolutely hate us don’t they. It’s great.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #36708 on: December 8, 2019, 02:54:53 pm »
They absolutely hate us don’t they. It’s great.

I find it hilarious

I was working in Manchester in 2012 and had loads of nights out there. I'd meet City fans and strike up a genial relationship, happy to meet em, them lovely and nice about us. More than once I'd get talking, find out they're City and we would end up laughing together about the Red Mancs

The past few years it's gotten toxic. Suppose the owners have been toxic for ages, but now entitlement and hatred has crept in.

I'd say I miss that era of City compared to now... But I don't have to go to Manchester anymore, and with the City fans so rabid and nasty I think I timed that right  ;D

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #36709 on: December 8, 2019, 03:04:22 pm »
I find it hilarious

I was working in Manchester in 2012 and had loads of nights out there. I'd meet City fans and strike up a genial relationship, happy to meet em, them lovely and nice about us. More than once I'd get talking, find out they're City and we would end up laughing together about the Red Mancs

The past few years it's gotten toxic. Suppose the owners have been toxic for ages, but now entitlement and hatred has crept in.

I'd say I miss that era of City compared to now... But I don't have to go to Manchester anymore, and with the City fans so rabid and nasty I think I timed that right  ;D

I watched Chelsea v City in Manchester last season where Chelsea ended up winning. These City fans heard mine and my mates accents and asked if we were Red or Blue. We said Red (we weren’t giving it bifters or anything) and they all start looking at each other and then back at us trying to look all hard.

We found it fucking hilarious watching a firm of Paul Weller looking scruffs trying to psyche us out when we were just enjoying a pint. Proper loons.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #36710 on: December 8, 2019, 03:22:21 pm »
Saw a screenshot of an illiterate rant he posted about “asians”, the guy is just a scumbag and deserves everything that’s coming his way. Hope his missus leaves him and takes the kid.
Yep, seen that mate, fucking Brexit gobshite, hope he does get fucked off by his mrs but I would imagine his mrs is probably of the same mindset.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #36711 on: December 8, 2019, 03:24:18 pm »
I find it hilarious

Agree completely. Used to have a “my enemy’s enemy” type of thing with them. Now suddenly they churn out all the Heysel, victims and all the other shite that United fans probably did 10 years ago that back then they did t seem to give a shit about. Funny how that’s now all started up now we have the nerve to be challenging them.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36712 on: December 8, 2019, 05:04:02 pm »
Indeed. There's no reason for a mob mentality over one idiot. I also happen to believe in second chances, so lifetime blanket bans to appease Twitter mobs is definitely not something I'm down with. We have no idea whether that guy will have turned his life upside down in 10-15 years time.

A society with empathy punishes wrongdoers but lets people get a chance to change for the better. I think lifetime bans are rather scary unless you're the guy who went down and beat Jack Grealish up. In the end, he needs to be investigated, handed a fair trial and once he's served his criminal penalty (which I think should be a fine for obscenity) I think he should be able to apply sometime around 2030 to attend City games again and being evaluated by club staff what risk he'd pose at that time. The only people who win with blanket lifetime bans are the racists themselves because:

a) you don't encourage people who've done wrong to change because they've nothing to lose now.
b) you give those people a victim complex.
c) several players have said something racist and were able to play again within two months. They can just say "do the clubs really care about this when it's their players"?
d) Man City's owner is responsible for a country that is prosecuting women for being raped, jailing LGBT people and don't let non-Arab workers become citizens (in effect a very racist and sexist government). Anyone who thinks Man City's owners genuinely care about combatting racism and bigotry should look at Abu Dhabi's human rights record.

If you want an automatic lifetime ban for this individual with no chance of any improvement, you should also want it for Jonjo Shelvey for example.

I think people should calm down instead of running around panicked like headless chickens. Let the police and Man City handle what has happened and let's hope that person who in full daylight did a monkey gesture to another human being, gets help to become a better person, because something clearly isn't right with him at this moment in time. Either way you slice it I don't think that person is in a good place and probably needs help more than anything else. He's got terrible views, but many people have them, it's just that those who actually go over the edge like that have something that lets it go.

What I mean by this is, in 2010, one of the most odious parties in British history (the BNP) received 1.9 % of the vote. That's roughly 1 in 50, which is unbelieveably high. Every 50th voter you met that year were down with them. That's 1,000 people in a 50 k stadium, yet there were no such instances in the stadiums I can recall that year. People keep their bad views to themselves.

Racist behaviour is horrible and of course must be called out all the time but we can't go overboard and pretend that it's not around in all places and throw a mentally ill person to the lions when he needs psychiatric help. At the least it's not spread out into whole sections of grandstands unlike Italy or Eastern Europe and that does show that Britain has come a long way.

Just my two cents. Don't shoot me for it  :wave Obviously I condemn racism, it goes without saying. I might have a different approach at tackling it than what's going on in the UK right now. Lifetime stadium bans are unthinkable in Sweden.

Top post that.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #36713 on: December 8, 2019, 05:20:39 pm »

I don't even know where to begin with that :lmao

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #36714 on: December 8, 2019, 05:24:48 pm »
It's been - understandably - brushed over in light of the racism, but the amount of objects being thrown was unacceptable too.

I've seen city fans saying "it happens at derbies" same with those morons doing the airplane gesture

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36715 on: December 8, 2019, 05:25:49 pm »
It is astonishing that they simply refuse to understand that spending money the club hasn’t earned is cheating. They’ll bend and twist into incredible shapes to avoid this simple truth.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36716 on: December 8, 2019, 05:27:34 pm »
They do love lobbing stuff, had things thrown at us there before in the away end, think Ferdinand got his face split open by a coin there a while back too didn't he?

Still, not as bad as some c*nt throwing a beer can at a window.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #36717 on: December 8, 2019, 05:29:16 pm »
Woah. If you actually read the thread, pretty much everyone in it is hoping the dickhead is banned for life and they are absolutely against racists and shithouses.

After their mods have gone through and removed posts to the contrary

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #36718 on: December 8, 2019, 05:33:38 pm »

I don't even know where to begin with that :lmao
;D

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #36719 on: December 8, 2019, 05:33:56 pm »
I think Raheem should be speaking out about how ethnic and sexual minorities are treated in the Gulf States on construction projects and in society in general respectively, but that's just me. Either he doesn't know or he knows but can't because of the club he's playing for. I'm certain he's against it, but actual bravery would be to speak out on that. Everyone (says) they're against racism in Britain so that's more like "ok, copy, good" to be fair.

I think he genuinely cares about the issue though, I'll grant him that but many people do :wave I just wish he could affect a positive change for the migrant workers and those being prosecuted for who they are in Abu Dhabi too.

Wtf?
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.