Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3452103 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #28360 on: May 15, 2019, 07:45:23 pm »
a giant flag with the amnesty international logo would suffice, or a banner of their players celebrating on the bodies of slaves...

Celebrating a win whilst riding on the backs of slaves would make an excellent banner.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #28361 on: May 15, 2019, 07:52:27 pm »
Nearly right ;)

Remember in one of the fanzines around the early 90's there was a list of "acceptable" songs, had to be done as the anti united stuff was getting belted out a lot no matter who we were playing, especially at away games, would often hear "we're not playing man united" whenever a bunch of bad wools started "who the fuck are man united"

Cheers feller, always wondered when that 'only sing about them when we're playing them' rule came in, cos we didn't do it much back in the day, but we certainly did it.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #28362 on: May 15, 2019, 08:00:40 pm »
A song about their owners would be nice...

A song about their owners would do nothing. It would be seen as tit for tat by the vast majority. A banner may have more impact but doubt it's likely to be picked up by the mainstream media who have a vested interest in protecting the Premier League's reputation.

Beating them home and away next season would probably be more impactful on many levels. That's how we hurt them. That's how we shut them up.

Win the CL next season and use this anger to fuel our title bid next season. Everyone at the club should use it. Starting at the Community Shield if we get to play them. When they rock up at Anfield next season in the league it should be the most hostile atmosphere they've ever faced. Without anyone crossing the line, it should make the CL QF in 2018 look like a visit to Craven Cottage.

Beat them on the pitch and sing songs about our players, our manager and our history.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28363 on: May 15, 2019, 08:02:10 pm »
Fuck singing about them. That’s what they want. Just ignore them like the irrelevance that they are.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28364 on: May 15, 2019, 08:10:37 pm »
Fuck singing about them. That’s what they want. Just ignore them like the irrelevance that they are.

Desperate to have their name attached to a CL final.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #28366 on: May 15, 2019, 08:31:21 pm »
Absolutely.  Also, could you imagine if we started getting a reputation as ‘the club who have a rivalry with Manchester City’?  No thank you.  Leave well alone, they can do their thing on their own.

Online Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28367 on: May 15, 2019, 08:31:48 pm »
Well said David Conn in the Guardian

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28368 on: May 15, 2019, 08:37:11 pm »
According to SSN, the F.A. are saying no action will be taken, as the video breaks no rules.

Bringing the game into disrepute is their usual favourite line with this sort of thing isn't it?  Only this time not?  Because it's City and they're frightened of their financial clout or too close to the FA summer holidays and they don't want to piss about with such an awkward issue?

Bemused to say the least.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28369 on: May 15, 2019, 08:43:58 pm »
Bringing the game into disrepute is their usual favourite line with this sort of thing isn't it?  Only this time not?  Because it's City and they're frightened of their financial clout or too close to the FA summer holidays and they don't want to piss about with such an awkward issue?

Bemused to say the least.

Makes you wonder if they could get away with a Hillsborough song (not that any footballer would do that I guess).

Didn't Bielsa get a hefty fine for spying, but didn't break any rules?

I don't recognise any players in that video!

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #28370 on: May 15, 2019, 08:48:04 pm »

Who are Manchester City?
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline PaisleyPrint

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28372 on: May 15, 2019, 08:56:52 pm »
Makes you wonder if they could get away with a Hillsborough song (not that any footballer would do that I guess).

Didn't Bielsa get a hefty fine for spying, but didn't break any rules?

I don't recognise any players in that video!

Just don't get how with so many in the media there is little or no consideration of the fact that these are professional players singing about fans getting battered on the streets - now whether that is about Sean Cox directly or a reference to unprovoked attacks on Liverpool fans in Kiev or of any other fans at any time or place, the players and staff trivialising such acts and taking delight in them is morally reprehensible and totally unacceptable.

But it's about Liverpool fans so that's alright then innit.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28373 on: May 15, 2019, 08:58:20 pm »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28374 on: May 15, 2019, 08:58:36 pm »
Well said David Conn in the Guardian
Yep, indeed.

It's unfortunate that MCFC do not feel burdened with shame or embarrassment. On occasions like this it would take great leadership to rebuke the prima-donnas that provide the fuel of clubs avarice for success, but they don't have any. Not a single person at that club will denounce that display of professional perniciousness.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #28375 on: May 15, 2019, 09:01:27 pm »
I know abar mancs being trampy shitehawks, but this lot are fucking wankers for doing that. No quarter given when we play this show of shite next season.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #28376 on: May 15, 2019, 09:02:26 pm »
Was Sterling singing the song? I haven't watched the video and don't intend to.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28377 on: May 15, 2019, 09:04:45 pm »
Was Sterling singing the song? I haven't watched the video and don't intend to.

Difficult to see who was singing the song to be honest. Like it was filmed using a potato.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28378 on: May 15, 2019, 09:41:27 pm »
THIS is how they choose to celebrate winning the league?! Not with a song about Guardiola, no songs about their journey to the title, nothing about City's past successes, nope, just a song about Liverpool fans being beaten up and Mo Salah getting injured. I find their obsession with Liverpool utterly bizarre, we seem to have really got into their heads somewhere down the line. I guess we are the stick by which they measure their own relevance and they're coming up short. That said, if anyone should have that kind of seething resentment and bitterness it should be us, shouldn't it? We're the ones who are missing out on our biggest dreams because of their financial cheating. All the while our manager and our players are nothing but dignified about it and our fans wouldn't even dream of singing about them.

But if there's one thing this season has taught me above all else it's how glad I am that I support Liverpool. From the way we conduct our business off the field, to the lads we have playing for us every week, to our supporter culture, we are just miles better than any other club in this country. No wonder they fucking hate us!
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #28379 on: May 15, 2019, 09:53:33 pm »
Well I just hope that our club sends a complaint to the FA and tells them that they are completely incompetent. Every article I have read is disgusted by the song but yet the FA see absolutely nothing wrong.

City have made a complete laughing stock of their club by defending the indefensible.

They are a classless bunch of assholes who, rather than acknowledging a worthy competitor who pushed them right to the end, they feel that it is ok to come out with childish songs.

I thought that the Sun was the piss of the earth but now they have been replaced by classless City.

The true sign of a champion is somebody who appreciates the strength of the opposition.

Well done City. Such a scummy club.
#JFT97

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28380 on: May 15, 2019, 09:56:28 pm »
Why would anyone expect FA to do anything, they're hypocrites who have never had any balls. But god forbid anyone should criticise one of their precious referees!

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28381 on: May 15, 2019, 09:57:58 pm »
Bluemoon aside, name a chant they have that isn’t about another club. Even their chant for Aguero is a dig at United. You can give them all the money in the world, they still have a small time mentality. It’s in their DNA.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #28382 on: May 15, 2019, 10:00:34 pm »
Why would anyone expect FA to do anything, they're hypocrites who have never had any balls. But god forbid anyone should criticise one of their precious referees!

They have basically undone all the progress that has been made. I thought that we had seen the end of offensive songs but now they have basically said that anything goes again.

Put them in the same category as The Sun and City.
#JFT97

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #28383 on: May 15, 2019, 10:26:09 pm »
Our first competitive game of the season could be against this shower for the Community shield.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28384 on: May 15, 2019, 10:33:41 pm »
A song about their owners would be nice...

Its essential I feel.

A clever song that points out their financial cheating and the human rights abuses of the murderous régime that props them up would be great. They're a PR vehicle of a regime that's responsible for the murder and starvation of thousands in Yemen along with the horrors in their own country.

Nothing can damage them more. They can sing lies and fantasy about Liverpool all they want but the truth hurts so much more on every level. PR my arse.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28385 on: May 15, 2019, 10:38:59 pm »
Celebrating a win whilst riding on the backs of slaves would make an excellent banner.
Yep, Lush has summed it up there.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #28386 on: May 15, 2019, 10:40:51 pm »
Scum

That word is frowned upon on RAWK I’m well aware

But it fits in nicely for people who sing this. Now their players and staff are at it, thinking they were in the confines of anonymity

What a disease of a club. Spearheaded by slave owners

The enemy of football but thanked by the country for keeping us from the title. People do busy with their hate for us they can’t see their game being ripped away from them.

If anything City should thank us for distracting the nation from what they’re doing
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #28387 on: May 15, 2019, 10:42:20 pm »
Yep, indeed.

It's unfortunate that MCFC do not feel burdened with shame or embarrassment. On occasions like this it would take great leadership to rebuke the prima-donnas that provide the fuel of clubs avarice for success, but they don't have any. Not a single person at that club will denounce that display of professional perniciousness.

City as a club and a set of fans are a joke. The consistent denial of any wrong doing, ever. The backdrop of decades of inferiority (or ‘Everton syndrome’) as the shit club in Manchester, the fact we are all just jealous of those perfect, virtuous, humane owners of theirs. It’s all an agenda, let’s boo at the champions league anthem, and be outraged by some rival fans shaking up their players. That’ll show them.

Just another example, in a long line, reflecting how small time their fanbase (and players) are. The soulless, illgained glory is there for all to see.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28388 on: May 15, 2019, 10:42:51 pm »
A slave driving club. That’s all they are. Scum players, scum fans, scum club. End of.

And I’m surprised we would have thought any different. This is a club that also sang about Munich and Matt Busby on his ‘deathbed’. No doubt, our fans have been culpable of singing the same.

But for the players to do so and pretty much officially sanction the shite their fans have been singing? Well... what more do you expect from a club that is built on blood money?

I should have seen this a long long time ago.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 10:45:43 pm by mattD »

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #28389 on: May 15, 2019, 10:44:59 pm »
Only really getting onto this .

All I can say thank fuck Spurs knocked them out.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28390 on: May 15, 2019, 10:50:44 pm »
Our first competitive game of the season could be against this shower for the Community shield.
The super computer that throws out the random fixtures will definitely have us playing them in the run in.But if we do play them in the community shield it would be nice to put a marker down for the upcoming season.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28391 on: May 15, 2019, 10:51:24 pm »
Difficult to see who was singing the song to be honest. Like it was filmed using a potato.

Why was rooney there?  :o

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #28392 on: May 15, 2019, 10:52:55 pm »
Meaning.

Us playing them in Madrid would've been pwopper naughty .

Anyway.   

Fuck them .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #28393 on: May 15, 2019, 10:55:00 pm »
Pity is far worse than anger. Not reacting is far worse for them than reacting

Let them chant about Hillsborough. We (and now the majority of all football fans) know the truth. We live in a post inquest world where those attempts fall flat at the first hurdle. It makes them look even worse.

Let them chant about Sean Cox. We sold more tickets to a friendly match supporting his recovery than they sell to a FA cup semi final.

Their chants are unacceptable. But the world sees them for what they are. A plastic club that deserve pitying. They are as worthless and as irrelevant as they were before they got their money

Fuck off
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #28394 on: May 15, 2019, 10:55:15 pm »
I haven't read the whole thread as I cant be arsed .

Has anyone brought up what United sang about in Moscow in 2008 ?

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28395 on: May 15, 2019, 10:55:49 pm »
It's the equivalent of a young Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson burning £20 notes in front of a homeless person.

They do it because they can. They do it because they're rich. They do it because nobody will touch them for it.

Don't even think they deserve a thread anymore. There's nothing about them worth discussing.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #28396 on: May 15, 2019, 10:59:23 pm »
If it is not about Sean Cox and Hillsborough then what is it about? That is a question they will not be able to answer. 

It is obviously about Sean Cox and Hillsborough.

Will be interesting when these arseholes come to Liverpool next time around and any of their players exist in the UK.

Liverpool fans everywhere. One suspects that laughing at people being nearly killled and 96 people being actually killed might actually come back on them for some reason.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #28397 on: May 15, 2019, 11:24:07 pm »
I haven't read the whole thread as I cant be arsed .

Has anyone brought up what United sang about in Moscow in 2008 ?
Yes, it was mentioned earlier in the thread.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #28398 on: May 15, 2019, 11:41:06 pm »
How in gods name did that get out. Why in your hour of glory do you rip on your greatest rival that season. What a hideous song to sing. City’s statement on this is self serving, pathetic and lacking in class or understanding of the offense which it caused. Should Liverpool issue a statement or just ignore it?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28399 on: May 15, 2019, 11:42:45 pm »
How in gods name did that get out. Why in your hour of glory do you rip on your greatest rival that season. What a hideous song to sing. City’s statement on this is self serving, pathetic and lacking in class or understanding of the offense which it caused. Should Liverpool issue a statement or just ignore it?

We have bigger Spurs fish to fry.