Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3459423 times)

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #25400 on: March 22, 2019, 08:10:15 pm »
What's your view on the City shout that FFP is trying to stop owners from investing their own money and the conspiracy from the already established big clubs like us? That's why we must not win by points deduction. You'd here forever that we killed the greatest team ever in court and not on the field. It would remind me of the Bitters always complaining that we ended their parade in the 80s cos of our "hooliganism".
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 08:14:22 pm by SteveZissou »
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25401 on: March 22, 2019, 08:16:13 pm »
Whys a point deduction being discussed as if its any sort of possibility for them? :lmao Has something new been revealed or something?

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25402 on: March 22, 2019, 08:22:10 pm »
Good! We should ramp it up further, then.

Thing is, it bothers them because, deep down, they know it's true.

We should remind them of this fact at every opportunity.

Pools money? Everton were the real beneficiary of that. They weren't called the 'Mersey Millionaires' for nothing.

Facts are, Liverpool and United earned their success and their money, and the further success that money helped achieve. Shankly and Busby built these clubs from the ground up and made them what they are. There were no Russian sugar daddies and no countries funding football clubs then. Our clubs were built by the hard graft and the genius of two great men and their philosophies, and players/staff they brought in.

Man City? Well they died when Sheikh Mansour bought their club name and used it to form his own football club as a vanity project. It's a corrupt entity which has cheated itself to every title it has 'won' and all honours should be stripped from them and handed to the nearest challenger who was playing by the rules.  :wave
They literally had some football historian guy posting about some corrupt shit between us and utd from pre ww1 mate. 

Something about paying off the ref then utds own lawyer being on the fa team that investigated and it "all" got swept under the carpet, whatever the "all" was.

They've taken the conspiracy theories to a whole new level in their paranoid state.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #25403 on: March 22, 2019, 08:24:04 pm »
Whys a point deduction being discussed as if its any sort of possibility for them? :lmao Has something new been revealed or something?

Nah just one of those daft hypotheticals which is never going to happen  :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25404 on: March 22, 2019, 08:27:00 pm »

Thing is, it bothers them because, deep down, they know it's true.

We should remind them of this fact at every opportunity.

Pools money? Everton were the real beneficiary of that. They weren't called the 'Mersey Millionaires' for nothing.

Facts are, Liverpool and United earned their success and their money, and the further success that money helped achieve. Shankly and Busby built these clubs from the ground up and made them what they are. There were no Russian sugar daddies and no countries funding football clubs then. Our clubs were built by the hard graft and the genius of two great men and their philosophies, and players/staff they brought in.

Man City? Well they died when Sheikh Mansour bought their club name and used it to form his own football club as a vanity project. It's a corrupt entity which has cheated itself to every title it has 'won' and all honours should be stripped from them and handed to the nearest challenger who was playing by the rules.  :wave

I agree with most of this but we must remember we are no longer owned by the Moores. We also went down that road but we chose the ugly sister first, then we got the pretty sister... though, we didn't get the richest sister.

I know, our pretty girl is playing it by the FFP rules, but it's only cos she's not as rich as the other sister. If she was, she wouldn't be playing the FFP rule game.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #25405 on: March 22, 2019, 08:37:17 pm »
They literally had some football historian guy posting about some corrupt shit between us and utd from pre ww1 mate. 

Something about paying off the ref then utds own lawyer being on the fa team that investigated and it "all" got swept under the carpet, whatever the "all" was.

They've taken the conspiracy theories to a whole new level in their paranoid state.
I'm assuming they're talking about the good Friday scandal in 1915. Basically united were in danger of being relegation, while liverpool were pretty much comfortable in mid table so, with the uncertainty surrounding the war (as in they weren't sure if they'd live much longer) 4 liverpool players and 3 united players agreed to fix the result and united won 2-0.

I don't know what he means when he says it was swept under the rug as the players as they were all given lifetime bans from professional football. All but one of the players involved had their bans overturned after having fought in ww1 but they were still punished so there was no conspiracy. Also, it was 104 years ago so I'm not sure what relevance it holds to our current team (or united's for that matter)

Also, I wasn't paying attention when i clicked on this thread and when I was reading that I genuinely thought I was on the everton thread, that's how bad they've gotten!
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25406 on: March 22, 2019, 08:51:42 pm »
What's your view on the City shout that FFP is trying to stop owners from investing their own money and the conspiracy from the already established big clubs like us? That's why we must not win by points deduction. You'd here forever that we killed the greatest team ever in court and not on the field. It would remind me of the Bitters always complaining that we ended their parade in the 80s cos of our "hooliganism".

FFP is supposed to stop owners with unlimited funds destroying football, not encourage 1 club leagues.

It gets glossed over though how City have basically took the piss to even get in the situation they are in. £400 million sponsorship deal in 2011 with Etihad, doubling the world record. Now they turnover £500 million, with £232 million in commercial revenue and a turnover to wage ratio of 52%??

https://annualreport2018.mancity.com/our-business.html
Jurgen YNWA

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25407 on: March 22, 2019, 09:03:52 pm »
I'm assuming they're talking about the good Friday scandal in 1915. Basically united were in danger of being relegation, while liverpool were pretty much comfortable in mid table so, with the uncertainty surrounding the war (as in they weren't sure if they'd live much longer) 4 liverpool players and 3 united players agreed to fix the result and united won 2-0.

I don't know what he means when he says it was swept under the rug as the players as they were all given lifetime bans from professional football. All but one of the players involved had their bans overturned after having fought in ww1 but they were still punished so there was no conspiracy. Also, it was 104 years ago so I'm not sure what relevance it holds to our current team (or united's for that matter)

Also, I wasn't paying attention when i clicked on this thread and when I was reading that I genuinely thought I was on the everton thread, that's how bad they've gotten!
It possibly is that mate but yes quite, they've gone full bitter mode and we all know that that should never happen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #25408 on: March 22, 2019, 09:25:13 pm »
It possibly is that mate but yes quite, they've gone full bitter mode and we all know that that should never happen.

I also thought it must have been the match-fixing to help out United that they were referring to. I can't think what else it could be.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #25409 on: March 22, 2019, 09:35:52 pm »
nope, too many greasy palms for that to happen, everyone puts their head in the sand and hopes for it all to blow over

There's not much fans could do about it either.

If and when they get a free pass over all this, it would be up to clubs in the PL to refuse playing against them.
Otherwise there will be nothing done about it.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25410 on: March 22, 2019, 09:46:22 pm »

I'd say the same as what rob1966 said. It's one thing if a club grows organically and becomes a giant, but Abu Dhabi are simply cheating the rules and purchasing titles and ruining the game. It's only right that clubs who became established legitimately cry foul when you get the likes of Abu Dhabi, PSG and Chelsea inflating transfer prices to utterly obscene levels simply because they can. These 'clubs' can afford to stockpile talent just to keep them out of the clutches of other competing clubs. I recall Chelsea getting accused of that when they were throwing the money around.

City are like that guy in your street, on the dole and with no visible means of support but drives around in a flash car, has wads of cash on him and acts like Billy Big Bollocks. He's dodgy, and everyone knows he's dodgy. People who actually work for a living, yet struggle to get on will rightly be pissed with that guy. That's City in a nutshell. Their wealth is dodgy. They aren't spending what they are earning. If they were, then fair play to them, but they aren't.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 10:13:00 pm by Sons of pioneerS »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #25411 on: March 22, 2019, 09:52:01 pm »
City is Vanilla Ice

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25412 on: March 22, 2019, 10:11:50 pm »
I agree with most of this but we must remember we are no longer owned by the Moores. We also went down that road but we chose the ugly sister first, then we got the pretty sister... though, we didn't get the richest sister.

I know, our pretty girl is playing it by the FFP rules, but it's only cos she's not as rich as the other sister. If she was, she wouldn't be playing the FFP rule game.

And if so, other clubs would have every right to kick up a stink over it.

Thing is, Liverpool grew in a proper, organic way. Our wealth was earned and reinvested.

I have no issue whatsoever with the likes of Abu Dhabi investing in City's ground. They can use their wealth to build a 100,000 seater if they like. They can build the biggest and best academy in the world and nurture emerging talent, and that's all good. They can build the best scouting network in the world if they like too. Invest in the area of Manchester their ground is in. That's great. But the club itself using unearned wealth, skewing the transfer market and being able to cherry-pick the worlds best players with unearned wealth is just not on. If this goes unchecked, we will have just a very few clubs in Europe becoming centres for mercenaries and purchasing the trophies and titles and destroying genuine competition.

If Abu Dhabi gifted City the very best of every conceivable facility and built them organically into the biggest club in the world then that would be fine by me as a fan of the game. If they demolished the established order in a legitimate way, then all fair play to them. No one complained when Forest came up from Div2 then won the League, two European Cups, four League Cups and one European Super cup with a great side. They won titles, they didn't purchase them.

Surely there has to be certain safeguards in the sport to protect its integrity. If those safeguards are abused, by City, us or anyone else I think clubs playing by the rules, either by choice or necessity, are well within their rights to cry foul and expect proper action to be taken. Otherwise, basically, money will have corrupted and ruined the game and its integrity beyond repair.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 10:18:53 pm by Sons of pioneerS »

Offline SteveZissou

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25413 on: March 22, 2019, 10:19:56 pm »

City are like that guy in your street, on the dole and with no visible means of support but drives around in a flash car, has wads of cash on him and acts like Billy Big Bollocks. He's dodgy, and everyone knows he's dodgy. People who actually work for a living, yet struggle to get on will rightly be pissed with that guy. That's City in a nutshell. Their wealth is dodgy. They aren't spending what they are earning. If they were, then fair play to them, but they aren't.

I like that example.

Offline Perham

• Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #25414 on: March 22, 2019, 11:28:41 pm »
It's a really strange argument in my opinion and it really annoys me when they talk about the "already established big clubs" as if there's nothing anyone else can do about them. They speak as if we were established and then straight away started winning trophies, when that couldn't be further from the truth.

Before Shankly, we were a division 2 team who were struggling to gain promotion and he transformed the club in to the club they are today. The reason we were so successful in the 70s and 80s was because of what he did to grow the club from a mediocre lower league club in to a European powerhouse. We weren't established as a massive club who won title after title- we earnt our success through the genius and hard work of Shankly when he first came to the club. The same goes for United under Busby as well. Neither club would have won what they won if it weren't for the commitment of two of the greatest managers in the game and their players. The same can be said about clubs like Arsenal etc.

As has been mentioned, there have been teams such as Nottingham forest who've achieved success and upset the bigger clubs and they did that properly without throwing tonnes of cash in to the team. No one was complaining then because they played by the rules and they were applauded from working their way up from obscurity. However, it's easy to forget that the likes of Liverpool and united also came from obscurity and that's why the men who made those clubs what they've become have been rightly applauded.

All of this is in stark contrast to how man city have gotten their success. Rather than build a great team fairly due to good management, they were bought out by billionaires from a country with a questionable human rights record and corruption. If there's one thing I've always looked for in all things in life, its authenticity and there's nothing authentic about that club. Basically, I could never stand feeling like my club's entire success was due to financial doping and cheating of FFP because it wouldn't really feel like so supporting a football club as I'd know that the club with many traditions and history (and yes they do have some) has become some faceless advert for Abu Dhabi. Everything about their club has been bought and it's really sad that that can bring success in football.

It makes me so happy that we achieved our recent success in the right way because if we were bought out like them, all the trophies in the world would mean nothing as I wouldn't be supporting Liverpool- I'd be supporting a repulsive and faceless brand. I genuinely don't think I'd be able to support Liverpool if they became that plastic as I'd feel like I'd lost my team. Our club at the moment have managed to achieve success while maintaining the core elements that make our club so special and that's really important to me. I'd rather see us win nothing than become like them but I'm so glad that doing things the right way has brought us a great team as well.

Some may say that times have changed since the days of Shankly and that clubs rising their way up and become great teams is a thing of the past so the only way for smaller clubs to compete with the big teams is to spend loads of money. While I agree that it has become harder in the premier league era now that the gap is rising between the elite clubs and the rest, I still believe it can be done. Tottenham are a good example of this (I know they've not won anything but they have a strong squad and have become competitive at the top of the table). They've spent very little money but have promoted youth like Harry Kane and bought hidden gems such as Dele Alli on the cheap. Their squad was built on a relatively low budget compared to the rest of the top 6 but they built a really good team.

Overall, when man city fans talk about how difficult it would be to compete with the top teams without spending loads of money, they don't realise that it's supposed to be hard. It wasn't easy for Shankly in his early days at Liverpool, nor for Busby at united. Becoming a big club should take a lot of effort, and that's why there aren't many of them. They've bought their success but they've payed the price for it as every trophy they win is now meaningless and plastic. They could win the quadruple this season and it wouldn't even mean anything. That's what happens when you cheat your way to the top and nothing this team achieves should be applauded as it was won by financial doping. I'm glad we've kept our club.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25415 on: March 22, 2019, 11:40:14 pm »
Would add how spurs have done this last decade, could easily have had a decade like villa and Newcastle but through hard work, good management they’ve got themselves to a very good situation, and even though they’re owned by a very rich man in joe Lewis he hasn’t spunked loads of money at it, and if they did win a league title it’d be infinitely more satisfying than how city has done it

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25416 on: March 23, 2019, 12:51:54 am »
Overall, when man city fans talk about how difficult it would be to compete with the top teams without spending loads of money, they don't realise that it's supposed to be hard. It wasn't easy for Shankly in his early days at Liverpool, nor for Busby at united. Becoming a big club should take a lot of effort, and that's why there aren't many of them. They've bought their success but they've payed the price for it as every trophy they win is now meaningless and plastic. They could win the quadruple this season and it wouldn't even mean anything. That's what happens when you cheat your way to the top and nothing this team achieves should be applauded as it was won by financial doping. I'm glad we've kept our club.

The thing is that most fans of other sides probably would not mind if rich owners used their money as a shortcut to catch up with more established sides, they could do it over a few seasons and at worst take a fine in the process, but then they would be on a similar level and from that point should be using the club's actual income to support the squad and not continue to get ever larger sums of money from their owner. An approach like that would increase competition in the long run rather than the current idiocy.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25417 on: March 23, 2019, 11:09:59 am »
It would be unimaginable and you’d get all sorts of vile comments about scousers, nailed on

I see why people wouldn’t want it that way but I was born in 1992 and never seen a league title win so I think I’d take anything at the moment - even make a pact with the devil

We already made a pact with the devil 45 mins into a Champions League Final in 2005.

I think we've paid the price for said pact 10x over since.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25418 on: March 23, 2019, 11:59:13 am »
I'd say the same as what rob1966 said. It's one thing if a club grows organically and becomes a giant, but Abu Dhabi are simply cheating the rules and purchasing titles and ruining the game. It's only right that clubs who became established legitimately cry foul when you get the likes of Abu Dhabi, PSG and Chelsea inflating transfer prices to utterly obscene levels simply because they can. These 'clubs' can afford to stockpile talent just to keep them out of the clutches of other competing clubs. I recall Chelsea getting accused of that when they were throwing the money around.

I checked our commercial income, £154 million vs Citys £232 mill. Utter bollocks that they make £70m a year more than us. They certainly don't do it from merchandise sales or tours of the ground and museum (ha) so where does it come from? Is it coming from the commercial deals where they undercut the other clubs to keep our incomes lower?

Been told numerous times by Utd fans that City fans are about as bitter as you can get and have always been that way. The only stick they ever had to beat Utd with was the fact that Maine Road is in Manchester and Old Trafford is actually outside the City and is in Trafford (its not in Salford as a lot seem to think)

Oh, one thing my Missus has started getting pissed off about, City are suddenly being mentioned in soaps, thats grinding her gears ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Perham

• Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #25419 on: March 23, 2019, 12:16:33 pm »
Been told numerous times by Utd fans that City fans are about as bitter as you can get and have always been that way. The only stick they ever had to beat Utd with was the fact that Maine Road is in Manchester and Old Trafford is actually outside the City and is in Trafford (its not in Salford as a lot seem to think)
I guess it's the same people from the original fanbase who are still going to games- I can't see Evertonians becoming less bitter even if they started winning things.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #25420 on: March 23, 2019, 12:19:10 pm »
No I'd take it over not winning it, but ideally I'd rather do it without it. Would just save having to listen to the shite from others (not that that matters, but would just get old quickly).

Why would you care? I'd literally mention it everytime I mentioned us winning the league.

WIN. WIN. WIN.

Imagine Mancs and Bluenoses :D
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25421 on: March 23, 2019, 12:42:31 pm »

Oh, one thing my Missus has started getting pissed off about, City are suddenly being mentioned in soaps, thats grinding her gears ;D

Nothing more embarrassing than your noisy neighbours getting more mentions in the soaps.

A sure sign of your demise that.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25422 on: March 23, 2019, 12:52:00 pm »

Nothing more embarrassing than your noisy neighbours getting more mentions in the soaps.

A sure sign of your demise that.

Especially in Corrie :lmao
Jurgen YNWA

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25423 on: March 23, 2019, 04:06:37 pm »
Especially in Corrie :lmao
[emoji106]

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25424 on: March 23, 2019, 04:56:13 pm »

Man City? Well they died when Sheikh Mansour bought their name and used it to form his own football club as a vanity project. It's a corrupt entity which has cheated itself to every title it has 'won' and all honours should be stripped from them and handed to the nearest challenger who was playing by the rules.  :wave

Yes, we should ramp it up. Starting by no longer referring to them as a club. They are part of a franchise, they’re just the Manchester branch of City Football, the Starbucks of football.

What a soulless existence. Imagine supporting a particular McNasties outlet?

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25425 on: March 23, 2019, 05:15:03 pm »
Yes, we should ramp it up. Starting by no longer referring to them as a club. They are part of a franchise, they’re just the Manchester branch of City Football, the Starbucks of football.

:thumbup

I think I'll just call them Abu Dhabi or Abu Dhabi Franchise from now on.

Man City ceased to exist when Abu Dhabi bought their name and location off them.

Online In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25426 on: March 23, 2019, 05:29:17 pm »

Which other clubs do they own beside New York, Sydney and Man. City?
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25427 on: March 23, 2019, 05:32:03 pm »
Which other clubs do they own beside New York, Sydney and Man. City?

Manchester City F.C. (100%)
New York City FC (80%)
Melbourne City FC (100%)
Yokohama F. Marinos (20%)
Club Atlético Torque (100%)
Girona FC (44.3%)
Sichuan Jiuniu F.C.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25428 on: March 23, 2019, 05:35:34 pm »

From what I recall, Abu Dhabi fans were always horribly bitter towards United. They went full-on with their Munich taunts too. That is surprising and unforgivable given that they are neighbours and live amongst each other. Despite being Mancs, when they were Manchester City they were generally ok about us because we were winning the trophies United always believed they should have been winning. When we were winning everything, City were happy because we made sure United won little or nothing. The Ferguson years killed them, though. Now they are Abu Dhabi, and can 'win' things themselves, the bitterness they used to only reserve for United is also shown towards us too. The truth about City/Abu Dhabi is that they are the Everton of Manchester and always have been. Bitter, angry, self-aggrandizing, yet full of insecurity and jealousy.

I had to laugh at Mrs Rob getting pissed off with Abu Dhabi getting mentions in soaps.  ;D

Mind you, I was pissed that Corrie made Pat Phelan a blueshite. Well, that was until it became clear he was a psychopathic, angry-headed lunatic. Him being a Bitter all made sense then.  ;)

Does Mrs Rob also get wound up by Weatherfield County and Tommy Orpington getting more mentions in Corrie than United?  :)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 05:38:28 pm by Sons of pioneerS »

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25429 on: March 23, 2019, 06:31:32 pm »
That's the crazy thing. There is more stigma attached to winning it via the cheat getting points deducted than there is for the cheat 'winning' by blatant cheating.

This deserves to be a thread of itself.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #25430 on: March 23, 2019, 06:38:42 pm »
New York City FC (80%)
Melbourne City FC (100%)
Girona FC (44.3%)
Sichuan Jiuniu F.C.

And another 44.3% is owned by Girona Football Group, who is led by Guardiola's brother  ::)

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25431 on: March 23, 2019, 06:40:42 pm »
:thumbup

I think I'll just call them Abu Dhabi or Abu Dhabi Franchise from now on.

Man City ceased to exist when Abu Dhabi bought their name and location off them.

I like this :thumbup

I had to laugh at Mrs Rob getting pissed off with Abu Dhabi getting mentions in soaps.  ;D

Mind you, I was pissed that Corrie made Pat Phelan a blueshite. Well, that was until it became clear he was a psychopathic, angry-headed lunatic. Him being a Bitter all made sense then.  ;)

Does Mrs Rob also get wound up by Weatherfield County and Tommy Orpington getting more mentions in Corrie than United?  :)

;D ;D ;D Nah, they are a proper football club  ;)

When I first came up here to work in 2001, a Manchester City shirt was non existent, I honestly never saw anyone wearing one. Now Abu Dhabi shirts are everywhere
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 06:42:16 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25432 on: March 23, 2019, 06:41:31 pm »
And another 44.3% is owned by Girona Football Group, who is led by Guardiola's brother  ::)

How many Abu Dhabi players are directors?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25433 on: March 23, 2019, 06:46:18 pm »

Online In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25434 on: March 23, 2019, 06:59:58 pm »
New York City FC (80%)
Melbourne City FC (100%)
Girona FC (44.3%)
Sichuan Jiuniu F.C.

Cheers.
Out of curiosity, it's that the same Chinese club that were interested in one of their fringe players for something like £40-50mill in last transfer window? My kid brother mentioned some lower chinese tier club were interested in one or two of their players at the time.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #25435 on: March 23, 2019, 07:02:33 pm »
I like this :thumbup

;D ;D ;D Nah, they are a proper football club  ;)

When I first came up here to work in 2001, a Manchester City shirt was non existent, I honestly never saw anyone wearing one. Now Abu Dhabi shirts are everywhere

That's because support there isn't mixed like it is in Liverpool, it's by location - so if you're from Wyntenshaw, you're a Manchester United fan** and if you're from, say Cheadle, then you're a Manchester City fan.

**Except Antony Taylor, who alleges he is an Altrincham fan. The only one ever born in Wythenshaw and obviously the only one ever in his family.

Part of London are like that too - Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea - are somewhat locational..
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25436 on: March 23, 2019, 07:06:15 pm »
That's because support there isn't mixed like it is in Liverpool, it's by location - so if you're from Wyntenshaw, you're a Manchester United fan** and if you're from, say Cheadle, then you're a Manchester City fan.

**Except Antony Taylor, who alleges he is an Altrincham fan. The only one ever born in Wythenshaw and obviously the only one ever in his family.

Part of London are like that too - Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea - are somewhat locational..

I must have never travelled to one of those parts then ;)

I live in Trafford and all of a sudden all these blue shirts started appearing in 2011.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #25437 on: March 23, 2019, 07:15:51 pm »
From what I recall, Abu Dhabi fans were always horribly bitter towards United. They went full-on with their Munich taunts too. That is surprising and unforgivable given that they are neighbours and live amongst each other. Despite being Mancs, when they were Manchester City they were generally ok about us because we were winning the trophies United always believed they should have been winning. When we were winning everything, City were happy because we made sure United won little or nothing. The Ferguson years killed them, though. Now they are Abu Dhabi, and can 'win' things themselves, the bitterness they used to only reserve for United is also shown towards us too. The truth about City/Abu Dhabi is that they are the Everton of Manchester and always have been. Bitter, angry, self-aggrandizing, yet full of insecurity and jealousy.

Yes! Remember sitting watching a United game with a City fan years ago and he referred to them as ‘Munichs’ all game. Now I know songs have been sung by rival fans but I had never heard them called this before. He was saying it as casually as we would called them United   Horrible fan base
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25438 on: March 23, 2019, 08:03:08 pm »
Yes! Remember sitting watching a United game with a City fan years ago and he referred to them as ‘Munichs’ all game. Now I know songs have been sung by rival fans but I had never heard them called this before. He was saying it as casually as we would called them United   Horrible fan base

Missus walked into Wetherspoons in Manchester City Centre years ago, full of City fans as they had just been promoted, she had a Utd coat on, got told to fuck off out of here you Munich bitch. She stayed.
Jurgen YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #25439 on: March 23, 2019, 08:04:53 pm »
Wetherspoons and Manchester...bet that’s fun at the best of times.

Might have been there years back actually, Moon Under Water?