Author Topic: Red Dwarf  (Read 50147 times)

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
  • Innocence and Arrogance Entwined
Re: Red Dwarf
« Reply #120 on: September 20, 2012, 08:38:12 am »
Just had a flashback - He did another one called "A prince among men" around that time too. I can't remember much about it apart from the theme tune and I seem to recall Chris used his Ace Rimmer voice.
Actually, from what I remember, he played a character called Sean Prince (I think, although that was the name of a lad at my school so I may be getting mixed up) who was a premiership footballer and I think he used his Lister impersonation scouse voice. 'A Prince Among Men' is straight out of the 'A Partridge Amongst The Pigeons' school of TV Show titles. I couldn't get enough of the Dwarfers in those times, including the rather rubbish piratey 'Captain Butler' from Craig Charles, although the contents of his treasure chest gag (YoYo, Hoe and a Bottle Of Rum) has lodged in my mind for some reason.
The Past Is Only The Future With The Lights On

Offline Demandred

• Do not forsake me oh my darlin
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'll be waiting, with a gun & a pack of sandwiches
« Reply #121 on: October 3, 2012, 03:53:06 pm »
Back tomorrow!
Thought that justified a bump

The trailers have got me excited about it, even though they've aged terribly. Shame it clashes with Udinese though, praise be to Sky+

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #122 on: October 3, 2012, 04:17:25 pm »
21:00 and a repeat a few hours later on DAVE tomorrow night.

"Trojan"

Series 10. Episode 1.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #123 on: October 3, 2012, 04:18:39 pm »
Despite my misgivings, I can't help but look forward to this.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #124 on: October 4, 2012, 12:57:55 pm »
Watch the mighty RedMen play - then straight onto Dave Ja Vu at 10pm for the new series - seems they have the Camille, DNA, and Justice episodes lined up straight after the new ep is on - could be a long night in front of the box :)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #125 on: October 4, 2012, 03:26:37 pm »
Excited!

Online Red James

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: October 4, 2012, 03:39:30 pm »
Let's hope it's a but more like classic Red Dwarf and nothing at all like Back to Earth.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #128 on: October 4, 2012, 04:46:43 pm »
Let's hope it's a but more like classic Red Dwarf and nothing at all like Back to Earth.

Trailers and reviews suggest a return to series 6-esque.

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: October 4, 2012, 08:15:44 pm »
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Online Red James

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: October 4, 2012, 09:00:58 pm »
It begins.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #131 on: October 4, 2012, 09:18:44 pm »
Enjoying it so far!

Online Red James

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: October 4, 2012, 09:40:44 pm »
Great episode, just like the old Red Dwarf. This should be a brilliant series and the next episode looks good too.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #133 on: October 4, 2012, 10:00:37 pm »
Agree, really enjoyed it.

The moose stuff was great Dwarf.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #134 on: October 4, 2012, 10:46:15 pm »
Remember when Danny Jules assaulted that bin man? Or when Craig Charles did crack in the taxi? DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE MOOSE.

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: October 4, 2012, 11:02:36 pm »
Enjoyed it...gonna take a while to get used to Kryten's face though.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: October 4, 2012, 11:39:36 pm »
Really enjoyed that, had me laughing out loud several times. Great to see the old chemistry back.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: October 4, 2012, 11:44:34 pm »
Enjoyed it...gonna take a while to get used to Kryten's face though.

Never seen an android with bags under his eyes before  ;D

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #138 on: October 4, 2012, 11:55:17 pm »
Pissed meself at the lateral thinking question thing....

Offline Elli

• kelly without the k, and the y replaced with an i
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: October 5, 2012, 12:14:51 am »
Brilliant ;D

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #140 on: October 5, 2012, 12:18:47 am »
That was brilliant :D funnier than I expected

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: October 5, 2012, 02:17:49 am »
Never seen an android with bags under his eyes before  ;D
you never watched TNG :P

I enjoyed it. Not as funny as 1-6, but getting there.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #142 on: October 5, 2012, 05:34:59 am »
Pissed meself at the lateral thinking question thing....

that was the best bit.

Overall, feels more like the good seasons (4-6 being the best for me) but ain't quite cutting it yet but holds promise (bit like our fucking team  :D).

And while I realise that the others have aged (okay rimmer shouldn't but they can't do fuckall about that), why the fuck did they give Kriten eyebags? He's under so much maked would've thought it would have been easy to cover that shit. Looks very odd.
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline RyanBabelsFish

• used2bee1101
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: October 5, 2012, 08:57:05 am »
Superb. Really good return and if they keep this up they'll get another series.
My Tips @ www.inside-bet.com

RH: "You're under pressure as manager of Liverpool if you lose two games at any point in the season and we've already lost, five I think, out of eight, or is it four?"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: October 5, 2012, 09:27:18 am »
Good start. Found the canned laughter bit annoying.

Surprised the BBC never picked this up for its own channels and the fact they think they have enough Sci Fi for its channels.

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: October 5, 2012, 09:47:21 am »
Found the canned laughter bit annoying.
"Red Dwarf was filmed before a live studio audience..."

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: October 5, 2012, 09:47:22 am »
Good start. Found the canned laughter bit annoying.

It was filmed in front of a live audience. Made a big difference imo, the delivery of their lines is spot on. You really notice it during the moose scene.

One thing I just realised watching it back, as Howard dies and tells Rimmer the truth, there is a slow reprise of the Rimmer munchkin song playing in the background ;D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: October 5, 2012, 10:02:40 am »
"Red Dwarf was filmed before a live studio audience..."

:o Was it? I take that back then, it seemed like it wasn't.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #148 on: October 5, 2012, 11:41:51 am »
That was fantastic. A true return to form.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #149 on: October 5, 2012, 01:17:53 pm »
It was filmed in front of a live audience. Made a big difference imo, the delivery of their lines is spot on. You really notice it during the moose scene.
Really?? That's ace! To me that makes it even better, knowing that. Cat's timing was just ace..........

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: October 5, 2012, 01:50:06 pm »
I was a shade disappointed. Hope it improves

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #151 on: October 5, 2012, 01:58:06 pm »
It was like there hasn't been a gap of far too many years between the seasons - really enjoyed it, hope the rest of the episodes are as good as this one was.

Shame there was no Holly/Hilly though... anyone know why?
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #152 on: October 5, 2012, 02:24:47 pm »
Found the canned laughter bit annoying.

Bizarre.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #153 on: October 5, 2012, 02:25:41 pm »
Really?? That's ace! To me that makes it even better, knowing that. Cat's timing was just ace..........

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: October 5, 2012, 02:29:50 pm »

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: October 5, 2012, 02:32:18 pm »
Shame there was no Holly/Hilly though... anyone know why?

Norman Lovett and GNP had a bit of a fall out a few years ago and Norman said he'd never play Holly again. The cast talk about it a bit in that Empire podcast Art posted and it seems like they aren't too upset about it!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #156 on: October 5, 2012, 02:47:16 pm »
?

It was widely reported that it was going back to its format of being recorded in front of a live audience. As far as I know all their laughter was always live, but they did a series where there was no laughter at all and for me it affected their timing because they were acting to the camera and not each other/the audience.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: October 5, 2012, 02:49:22 pm »
It was widely reported that it was going back to its format of being recorded in front of a live audience. As far as I know all their laughter was always live, but they did a series where there was no laughter at all and for me it affected their timing because they were acting to the camera and not each other/the audience.
Yeah 7 and 8 I think. They filmed it in a studio, then showed it to an audience on screen and grabbed the laughter from there. Seems a bit pointless. There is a much better vide with a live audience for Red Dwarf.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #158 on: October 5, 2012, 02:49:42 pm »
Norman Lovett and GNP had a bit of a fall out a few years ago and Norman said he'd never play Holly again. The cast talk about it a bit in that Empire podcast Art posted and it seems like they aren't too upset about it!

Indeed. This was from him on his mySpace account " I can let you know that I will not be working with RD/GrantNaylor again as I have been treated appallingly by them over the years and there comes a time when it has to end."

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #159 on: October 5, 2012, 02:51:46 pm »
Yeah 7 and 8 I think. They filmed it in a studio, then showed it to an audience on screen and grabbed the laughter from there. Seems a bit pointless. There is a much better vide with a live audience for Red Dwarf.

Think they did that so they could up the production values (They were trying to push into making a film if you remember which would have needed them to be up with filmwork rather than filmed stagework) and they added the real laughter (Based on audiences watching) because GN hates canned laughter as much as anyone :)

So it was always real laughter, but some of it was more real than the other....?!>!!?!#£"£"£"DSS #SMEEEEEEE... #SMEEEEEEEGGGGG>..

;)