Author Topic: Red Dwarf  (Read 50142 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Red Dwarf
« Reply #400 on: April 14, 2020, 06:10:57 pm »
The AA advert is good.

It works well as a red dwarf skit and also as an advert for the AA.

Rare that a programme manages this so well.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #401 on: April 14, 2020, 06:14:32 pm »
The AA advert is good.

It works well as a red dwarf skit and also as an advert for the AA.

Rare that a programme manages this so well.

During a pandemic lockdown it has rapidly translated into bloody irritating. It is really rare that you can construct something funny that survives that many repeated viewings.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: April 14, 2020, 06:28:53 pm »
It's no Sheila's Wheels though.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #403 on: April 15, 2020, 11:55:23 am »
It's no Sheila's Wheels though.

Bev?

Oscar winning actress

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: March 4, 2023, 03:19:15 pm »
Just watching some early episodes and only realised the bit in Me2 when you see Rimmer die is a direct homage to Citizen Kane, the snow globe, and the hand dropping, plus the weird last words in Gazpacho soup. Citizen Kane is also the movie that's about to come on in the cinema. Super episode.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: March 6, 2023, 07:38:29 am »
Bev?
Oscar winning actress

She’s sat alongside Mark Burdis. Stewpot Stewart from Grange Hill for us auld arses. :)

He was also in the hilarious ‘Operation Good Guys’, so he’ll do for me.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #406 on: March 6, 2023, 11:38:14 am »
He was also in the hilarious ‘Operation Good Guys’, so he’ll do for me.

I loved that, but it does seem to be one of those 'blink and you missed it' shows (despite having 3 seasons) that hardly anyone seems to remember. First episode I ever saw was the training day one with the white supremacist instructor chasing Gary round the field in a tank.

It beat The Office to the 'workplace mockumentary' punch by a good couple of years, and had random celebrities of the era in it too. I remember David Seaman turning up in one episode.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: March 6, 2023, 02:59:53 pm »
Operation Good Guys was amazing, when they decide to do a Christmas special and end up using Cocaine instead of artificial snow.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #408 on: March 6, 2023, 10:07:01 pm »
Just popped into my head where Lister is talking about his mate but Ai powered smart shoes to get you home when drunk. Ridiculous , stupid futuristic joke that would never happen......in the 80's

Now, not so sure!

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: March 7, 2023, 11:34:52 am »
, plus the weird last words in Gazpacho soup. 

Mmmmmm, a nice bowl of hot Gazpacho soup

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: March 7, 2023, 12:25:28 pm »
I loved that, but it does seem to be one of those 'blink and you missed it' shows (despite having 3 seasons) that hardly anyone seems to remember. First episode I ever saw was the training day one with the white supremacist instructor chasing Gary round the field in a tank.

It beat The Office to the 'workplace mockumentary' punch by a good couple of years, and had random celebrities of the era in it too. I remember David Seaman turning up in one episode.

Haha. Was that the ‘Operation Snowdrop’ episode? The guy was Assistant Commissioner Terra Blacnhe. Really funny episode that was.

Jude Law and Jonny Lee Miller showed up in one episode.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #411 on: June 20, 2023, 07:04:36 pm »
All episodes (including the Dave episodes) are now on BBC iPlayer