Author Topic: The King's Speech: His conferences and interviews here  (Read 498427 times)

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
Re: The King's Speech: His conferences and interviews here
« Reply #600 on: March 7, 2011, 03:56:12 pm »
Can some please tell me where we were in the League when Kenny was appointed please ?
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline killerH

• eels? A beautiful freak.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #601 on: March 7, 2011, 03:57:07 pm »
Can some please tell me where we were in the League when Kenny was appointed please ?

I think 12th place.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #602 on: March 7, 2011, 04:05:02 pm »
Love Kenny to bits. Lovely to see him with a smile on his face. And I'm glad now that he got the job. I was worried that the blerts would give him a hard time if it didn't go well, but he can stick up for himself.

Nice as well for the memories. I always remembered him after that 4-4 and the strain on his face. Fantastic to see him back at the job and clearly being delighted every day.

Superb fella.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #603 on: March 7, 2011, 04:06:55 pm »
I think 12th place.

Aye. Being in the top half of the table at the end of the season would have been utopia apparantly
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #604 on: March 7, 2011, 04:07:31 pm »
I think 12th place.

Really ? Cheers. When you think of that its quite astonishing what has happened since.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Valleys Red

• Kemlynite
« Reply #605 on: March 7, 2011, 04:14:14 pm »
I liked the comment in the pre-match interview on Sky (something along the lines of):

Geoff: Is Andy Carroll available to come off the bench if needed?

King: He's not there to be an ornament that's for sure!

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: March 9, 2011, 11:39:16 pm »
Pre match press conference anyone?
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline hitnrock

• Kopite
  • Rafa's Red And White Kop
« Reply #607 on: March 10, 2011, 02:40:24 pm »
The 60-year-old leads the Reds into European competition for only the third time on Thursday in a last-16 first leg against Braga, having missed out completely during his first spell in charge two decades ago because of the ban on English clubs.

But he dismissed suggestions he would gain particular personal pride from succeeding in the Europa League, stressing all he wanted to do was to make the club successful again.

"It is no less an ambition to me than winning the next game," said the Scot.

"It is not about Kenny Dalglish and my ambition, it is the club's ambitions and they have an ambition to be in a much healthier position than they are at this time.

"We will strive to do our best to get as far up the (league) table as we can and also in the Europa League and we will see where it takes us.

"But we won't lose out on anything from a lack of desire."

The Reds head into the match in Braga on the back of a morale-boosting 3-1 win over arch-rivals Manchester United on Sunday.

But Dalglish said neither he nor the players could allow that to cloud their thoughts on the task ahead against a side who are unbeaten at home in Europe, having already accounted for Celtic and Arsenal in the Champions League.

"We are not living in reflected glory," said the Reds boss.

"Everyone was delighted with the performance, it was a big win for us which could do us the world of good but it will do us harm if we think that is the season finished.

"The boys trained really well yesterday. I think they enjoyed it (the United win) but they won't get carried away with it."

Liverpool came through the last round by beating Sparta Prague but Dalglish is expecting another challenge tonight against a team who beat Benfica at the weekend.

"It will be a different type of opposition. We'll play in whatever way the game is thrown at us," he said.

"If we've got the ball, obviously we'll try to score and if we don't have it, we'll try our best not to lose a goal.

"It's very difficult to score a goal if you don't have the ball, but that doesn't mean to say the more possession you have, the better chance you have of scoring.

"It's all about what you do with the ball and if we're more creative with it, then we'll have a better chance of scoring.

"But Braga are a very good side who work very hard for each other and are well organised.

"It's going to be a difficult game, but we hope Braga are saying the same about us."
Waiting for Gerrard is like waiting for Goku.
Only a few moments remaining until Goku arrives.
Next week:

Goku is almost there, can he stop the ginyu force?
Next week:

Goku is about to arrive, is he up to the challenge?

;)

Offline AK20

• Kopite
  • Fedor Emelianenko

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
« Reply #609 on: March 13, 2011, 07:13:56 am »
Apologies if posted before.  Interesting take on Barca and their methods by Kenny. Good read.  ;D

Robin van Persie's controversial sending-off in Barcelona should not disguise the fact that the right team went through to the Champions League quarter-finals.

Barcelona, not Arsenal, deserved to be there. They had 20 shots on goal at the Nou Camp and Arsenal, unusually, had none.

You can never say for certain that a team from one era could beat another from 30 years ago but the time has come when it’s legitimate to compare Barcelona with all the legends from years gone by.

There are certain teams who will always be remembered by their generation as the best ever, to be revered down the ages — the Real Madrid team of the late Fifties and early Sixties with Puskas and Di Stefano; Brazil in 1970 orchestrated by Pele; the AC Milan of the Eighties and Nineties with the three great Dutchmen Gullit, Van Basten and Rijkaard.

Now you can add Barcelona to that list, and deservedly so. Many years from now, younger fans will listen attentively to tales of Xavi and Iniesta, who worked in tandem and never gave the ball away, or the wizard Lionel Messi, who scored 45 goals in a season before the middle of March.
Benchmark: Lionel Messi (centre) has helped turn Barca into the team of the decade

Benchmark: Lionel Messi (centre) has helped turn Barca into the team of the decade

Van Persie was unjustly sent off because, even if he saw the offside flag before shooting, there wasn’t enough time between the two actions to prove it was intentional. But, despite the fuss being made about it, we mustn’t lose sight of the bigger picture. Barcelona were a class apart.

Their manager, Pep Guardiola, will watch this week’s Champions League games featuring Chelsea, Manchester United, Real Madrid and Inter Milan with interest but not fear. I don’t think he minds who he gets in the quarter-final draw. But I think everyone else will be praying they avoid Barcelona.

Clearly there is a way to knock them out. Inter Milan did it under Jose Mourinho last year with a supremely disciplined performance in defending the 18-yard box. But to do that, and also score three goals in the home leg, is a very tough call.

Mourinho’s Real Madrid showed that without that discipline you can get hammered, as they were 5-0 this season. Arsenal were better than that on Tuesday night but not tight enough and they couldn’t pose a goal threat either. Barcelona’s principles are world renowned. I wouldn’t say other clubs see that and say, ‘We must copy the way they play’ but, of course, we all try to look and learn.

We have two former Barcelona coaches in our academy at Liverpool and that must tell you something.

What is interesting is that, despite the incredible individual talent at the Nou Camp — they had three nominees for World Player of the Year — the team is king.

The first-team players have been educated to play a certain way since they were kids. If you went to see the B team, I bet their style is very similar to the style we saw against Arsenal.
On top of the world: Xavi, Lionel Messi and Andres Iniesta were shortlisted for the Ballon D'Or, with the Argentine scooping the prize

On top of the world: Xavi, Lionel Messi and Andres Iniesta were shortlisted for the Ballon D'Or, with the Argentine scooping the prize

Xavi and Iniesta are rightly lauded but would they look half as good if they went to another club? I think the Barcelona players look great because they play in a system where they trust everyone around them. Maybe if you took them out and stuck them somewhere else, you’d realise that individually they aren’t quite as great as you thought.

Even Messi, one of the most talented players you’ll ever see, wasn’t quite the same when he was taken outside the Barcelona comfort zone and played for Argentina in the World Cup. It is not a criticism of him, just a compliment to the methods that they use at the Nou Camp.

Whatever ability their players have, it is tutored and doctored in the right way. And they make their team-mates look better as well.

So, who can beat Barcelona now? Chelsea were beaten over two legs by the Spanish champions in 2009 and it’s debatable whether they have improved since then, while Barcelona most certainly have by adding David Villa.

Manchester United were beaten quite comfortably in the 2009 final, while even the Mourinho effect did not help Real Madrid at the Nou Camp in 2010.

Inter did pull off a famous two-leg victory against Barcelona last year but the record books show that they still won only one game out of the four they played against Guardiola’s men in the Champions League. And they may not make the quarter-finals anyway, having lost the first leg at home against Bayern Munich.

Tottenham have done fantastically well to reach the last eight and Harry Redknapp is not defensively naive despite his reputation as an attacking manager but they still won’t want Barca.

My dark horses for a good run are Shakhtar Donetsk. They are a really good attacking team and going to Ukraine is always a tricky game.

But irrespective of who Barcelona face, you’d fancy them now. Youngsters today should be glad they are able to watch a team who compare with anything their fathers — or grandfathers — saw in the past.

Have your say - email me at Kenny.Dalglish@mailonsunday.co.uk

Kenny, how would you feel about football copying tennis by introducing a challenge system for close decisions? Each manager would get two per match.

CRISPIN GREEN

Kenny says: It’s a worthwhile idea but I’d be worried about it making matches too stop-start. Goal-line technology is a no-brainer and maybe a fourth official could adjudicate on penalty appeals — it would take only a couple of seconds for them to look at a video replay.

I’d love you to start a campaign to reduce the obscene wages paid to players so fans don’t have to pay such high prices. I was a season ticket holder for 60 years at Aston Villa, Leeds and Watford.

D.J. WALKER

Kenny says: The wages increase has more to do with TV revenue than ticket prices. Billions watch the Premier League, TV companies pay enormous amounts to screen games and players deserve to get part of that. Maybe clubs could subsidise prices because of the TV cash they receive. But you can’t always let in people for a fiver if season-ticket holders have already paid much more.

As a Liverpool supporter for 35 years, I wonder how the great pass-and-move sides we had in the 1970-80s would have coped with Barcelona’s passing and movement against Arsenal. It was phenomenal, up there with anything I remember from the great Liverpool teams.

MARK SCOTT, NEWQUAY

Kenny says: The truthful answer is we’ll never know. The Liverpool team I managed in the 1980s never got the chance to play in Europe because of the unhappy circumstances of Heysel. Barcelona are fantastic and the Liverpool teams you mentioned were in their time as well.

LINK

You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Offline xosder

• Main Stander
« Reply #610 on: March 13, 2011, 07:59:34 am »
"He (Andy Carroll) got a bit of a knock to the head, is he ok?"

Kenny - "We think so, it's only his head..." ;)

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #611 on: March 16, 2011, 11:43:41 am »
I liked the comment in the pre-match interview on Sky (something along the lines of):

Geoff: Is Andy Carroll available to come off the bench if needed?

King: He's not there to be an ornament that's for sure!
:)
The man's quick wit and sense of humor is admirable.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline kdorg

• Anny Roader
« Reply #612 on: March 16, 2011, 12:21:33 pm »
Kenny's interview from yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMdf592msWM

Offline RobbieGod

• Anny Roader
  • *Y*N*W*A*
« Reply #613 on: March 16, 2011, 12:26:10 pm »
Just read this article from kenny.

"...Chelsea were beaten over two legs by the Spanish champions in 2009 and it’s debatable whether they have improved since then, while Barcelona most certainly have by adding David Villa..."

Slight dig at El ninny?

A swindle of the epic variety

Offline kdorg

• Anny Roader
« Reply #614 on: March 16, 2011, 12:27:41 pm »
And a clip from this morning's presser where Vinny got a bit more ribbing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuvEtGvKwho

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #615 on: March 16, 2011, 12:55:46 pm »
If anyone has got a link/download to the full press conference today, it would be very much appreciated :)
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline kdorg

• Anny Roader
« Reply #616 on: March 16, 2011, 01:36:57 pm »
I've uploaded the full press conference now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js7sbrwJq0o

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #617 on: March 16, 2011, 02:01:46 pm »

Fantastic, thanks :)
If there was ever a reason for human cloning, Steven Gerrard is it.

Offline peelyon

• strangefruit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #618 on: March 16, 2011, 03:15:53 pm »
Cheers kdorg - Spearing loves the word obviously doesnt he!  Bless!

Offline Acaustiq

• Statistically the biggest dick waver and has quotes to prove it. Bitter revisionist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Finally, Danone Actimel cured him.
« Reply #619 on: March 16, 2011, 03:29:12 pm »

Yeah obviously with you uploading the press conference obviously it gives us all a chance to obviously see it obviously.

Obviously.
When your Mum used to pick you up from school and you'd run out and be like 'Mummy I got 9/10 in the spelling test today', would she go 'phenomenal, son'.

Cos if she did she's a stupid fuck.

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: March 16, 2011, 03:37:29 pm »
fuck me, obviously
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline hitnrock

• Kopite
  • Rafa's Red And White Kop
« Reply #621 on: March 16, 2011, 03:42:28 pm »
obviously we are all ready to pick on anything spearing related
 :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
Waiting for Gerrard is like waiting for Goku.
Only a few moments remaining until Goku arrives.
Next week:

Goku is almost there, can he stop the ginyu force?
Next week:

Goku is about to arrive, is he up to the challenge?

;)

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #622 on: March 16, 2011, 03:53:24 pm »
Obviously.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #623 on: March 16, 2011, 04:07:07 pm »
And a clip from this morning's presser where Vinny got a bit more ribbing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuvEtGvKwho

Kenny clearly has a massive issue with Sky, he NEVER gives Vinny O'Connor the time of day!

Love it

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: March 16, 2011, 04:50:04 pm »
good god, serious over use of the word.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #625 on: March 16, 2011, 05:06:34 pm »

Obviously.
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #626 on: March 16, 2011, 05:12:27 pm »
Kenny clearly has a massive issue with Sky, he NEVER gives Vinny O'Connor the time of day!

Love it
Your just waiting for that witty comment from him.

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #627 on: March 16, 2011, 05:16:18 pm »
LOL, if you read the press release, it would be four weeks  :lmao :lmao :lmao
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline peelyon

• strangefruit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #628 on: March 16, 2011, 05:32:12 pm »

Love it

Dont think its just Sky, its just his reply to anything stupid or ridiculous, he doesnt let anyone push him around :D

Offline Bennyo

• Wasn't arsed about having a custom title, so all he got was this.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: March 16, 2011, 05:32:30 pm »
Glen says obviously far too much as well. Obviously they're around each other a lot, so it's obviously rubbed off.

Offline Moldyman

• Heart and soul, one will burn.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #630 on: March 16, 2011, 05:39:36 pm »
y'know obviously.

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #631 on: March 16, 2011, 05:41:27 pm »
LOL, if you read the press release, it would be four weeks  :lmao :lmao :lmao

Obviously
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: March 16, 2011, 05:53:47 pm »
Glen says obviously far too much as well. Obviously they're around each other a lot, so it's obviously rubbed off.

Obviously.

Actually you know what else, whenever the camera pans to Johnson after he's conceded a foul/corner/throw-in, he's always mouthing "fuck off" so articulately.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline absoluttchamp

• Anny Roader
« Reply #633 on: March 16, 2011, 05:54:57 pm »

The number one reason I cant listen to a Spearing-interview no more...let`s hope the "obvios-syndrome" ain`t contageous...

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #634 on: March 16, 2011, 06:30:42 pm »
Ripping the journals, go on king!

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: March 16, 2011, 07:36:31 pm »
Jesus christ I've never heard anyone say obviously as much as that :lmao

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #636 on: March 16, 2011, 07:37:26 pm »
Jesus christ I've never heard anyone say obviously as much as that :lmao

Y'know.

Offline wozza38

• Main Stander
  • Woolyback and proud!
SoS Membership number 6007

Not sure what the basic cash payment was but the add ons included Carra's soul and Ngog's cock.

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #638 on: March 16, 2011, 08:06:37 pm »
obviously this thread is for King Kenny's speech
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline TopChed

• Anny Roader
  • football without origi is nothing
« Reply #639 on: March 17, 2011, 04:55:43 am »
"it's up to us to step up the plate"
King Kenny dropping a baseball analogy in there.