Author Topic: Why we should keep Lucas?  (Read 269550 times)

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our dreams are what make us who we are.
Re: Why we should keep Lucas?
« Reply #2560 on: January 22, 2011, 12:07:03 am »
Oh and Dunga didn't really seem to love him. The new bloke does though. Hence the fact that he's a regular. Can't blame Dunga for not showing much faith in him though. He gave him a start in an important game at home to Bolivia, and well, insipid isn't the word.

Though just a few months ago Dunga did single him and Neymar out as the future of the Brazil team for 2014. :)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". Walt Disney

Offline Wot_Shanks_would_Say

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2561 on: January 22, 2011, 12:07:51 am »
So to summarise 65 pages on Lucas. Some are convinced he is really good or at least quite good with lots of potential and cite the likes of the Brazilian coach's admiration of him as an endorsement. Other's think he is a little overrated but accept he has some potential to get better. Personally I think he is grotesquely overrated by the brazilian coach, pele, the pope, and the average &%$& on the street. He is slow, cumbersome, out of synch with the rest of the team, is actually poor at passing accurately and consistently, weak in the tackle and laughable at shooting. He is the very poor man's jamie redknapp without the shooting ability and with a yellow shirt and defended by a load of gobshites who think they understand the subtleties of the beautiful game because they read world soccer magazine or the beano or something and think football is a complex game rather than a very simple caper where a child or a chimp can see right through the emperor's new clothes.  ;D

Offline RBrittain

• This week, I'll mostly be talking absolute bollocks in a Lucas Leiva topic. And next week. And the week after.
  • Main Stander
  • Robbie Fowler
« Reply #2562 on: January 22, 2011, 12:07:53 am »
That a terrible argument on many levels. We had no leftbacks at all when Roy took over.

We had options at CM.

Do you not think before you post?

You're the one who made that argument. And I agree - It is terrible.

It's not though. It's an even stronger example, because if any manager was thick enough to drop and sell Lucas, it'd have been Roy...

Not only is it illogical, but circular. One who thinks Lucas is bad could equally say, "Lucas is crap, and because Roy is so thick, he's playing him!" You don't seem to have grasped the fact that your logic was entirely circular. You've tried to justify it, but you're basically just rationalising the viewpoint that you started with ("Lucas is quality"). The key point, which you're missing, is this: Roy Hodgson picking any player constantly does not equate to that player being good.

But, you've already said that Roy Hodgson picking Lucas is a stronger sign that Lucas is a great player than Rafa Benitez and Mano Menezes picking him, so, I'll leave you to your opinion...

Also, we had Aurelio at the club the entire time Konchesky was playing.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2563 on: January 22, 2011, 12:08:45 am »
Ah, you're here RBrittain. How about that tenner to the Union then?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #2564 on: January 22, 2011, 12:10:01 am »
Though just a few months ago Dunga did single him and Neymar out as the future of the Brazil team for 2014. :)

Starting alongside Gilberto, was he? ;D
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2565 on: January 22, 2011, 12:11:15 am »
Superb piece of business.

Xabi turned 24 in November of his first season, and we got him for 10m. Lucas just turned 24, and we got him for 6m aged 20. Reina cost 6m at age 23.

If Liverpool Football Club could do that sort of business every other year, we'd be fucking ferocious. Too bad for us, some people choose too concentrate on the empty half of the glass, djes?

It was/is the perfect transfer policy (well, Lucas, I wouldn't say, is an example, but Alonso, Agger, Reina, Sissoko, Mascherano were)- buy young players who are good enough to go into the first team straight away but have enough time to go before they reach their peak. That allows you to build a strong team. It's no coincidence that when Rafa's team peaked, it happened when Reina, Alonso, Agger, Mascherano, Torres had been together long enough to build those strong understandings.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #2566 on: January 22, 2011, 12:12:42 am »
My autograph means that much 8)

Indeed, asshole, you are a legend in these here parts. Just because I beat you once doesn't change that. I will add your signed tenner to an existing and impressive collection.

What surprised me was the Full on Tilt you embarked upon at the end of Rafa's Reign. If you play poker like that, you'll get caned. Always remember - it's about the long term, not the moment. If Hodgson *usually* wins 2 games a season away, you should bite the fucking digits off the fucker that says he won't.

Always.

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2567 on: January 22, 2011, 12:18:30 am »
Starting alongside Gilberto, was he? ;D

2010 long gone... comments came after that. You know hindsight! Good coaches realise their mistakes after they make it. :P
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". Walt Disney

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #2568 on: January 22, 2011, 12:28:16 am »
But, you've already said that Roy Hodgson picking Lucas is a stronger sign that Lucas is a great player than Rafa Benitez and Mano Menezes picking him, so, I'll leave you to your opinion...

That's not what I meant at all.

The fact that Roy actively spent tons of cash trying to replace someone whom he, Cecil, fans like you, and the press didn't like *and* having to play him anyway is a feather in Leiva's cap.

Benitez spent 6m on Lucas because he knew what he was getting. If you appreciate the things that Lucas brings to the pitch, it's not much.

Roy spent 15m in a fortnight trying to replace Lucas, and he's still playing.

Offline Rouge

• Legacy Fan
  • Barnes to Molby!
« Reply #2569 on: January 22, 2011, 12:48:00 am »
Pls don't use Roy as a transfer barometer, his misuse of  funds doesn't make Lucas a world beater, what I think would be a more valid point is if Roy had a good tactical mind -which he didnt - and he bought Raul, and kept Aqua woud Lucas be anyones first choice in CM....imo only in the Europa league

Offline mulhergremista

• Kopite
« Reply #2570 on: January 22, 2011, 12:53:53 am »
So to summarise 65 pages on Lucas. Some are convinced he is really good or at least quite good with lots of potential and cite the likes of the Brazilian coach's admiration of him as an endorsement. Other's think he is a little overrated but accept he has some potential to get better. Personally I think he is grotesquely overrated by the brazilian coach, pele, the pope, and the average &%$& on the street. He is slow, cumbersome, out of synch with the rest of the team, is actually poor at passing accurately and consistently, weak in the tackle and laughable at shooting. He is the very poor man's jamie redknapp without the shooting ability and with a yellow shirt and defended by a load of gobshites who think they understand the subtleties of the beautiful game because they read world soccer magazine or the beano or something and think football is a complex game rather than a very simple caper where a child or a chimp can see right through the emperor's new clothes;D
What are you, chimp or Caper to have such fine observaion?   I suppose not chimp, they  are clever animals 
You   must be very proud and satisfied with yourself, Mr. Gobshite (U used that word) with your  genial summerizing of this debate
You are wrong though. We, the ones that you despise, think that football is a simple game of pass-and-move , and bringing in the Pope, Pele, etc, and underrating Mano Menezes does not make you right.

Who do you think you are??)
I know the answer, even without reading soccer magazine, let alone beano
 but if you do not know just take a good look at your mirror)

I meekly suggest you find another thread where you will feel at home, for example the one that demans "huggis" in the team  (Nothing about huggis, just against he writers of such posts)  Why is your magesty bothers to take part in a discussion about some rednupp for poor men? You are obviously not poor, rich mind and ideas, so pls f**k off and leave us gobshites, with or without yellow shirts,  alone

Offline RBrittain

• This week, I'll mostly be talking absolute bollocks in a Lucas Leiva topic. And next week. And the week after.
  • Main Stander
  • Robbie Fowler
« Reply #2571 on: January 22, 2011, 12:58:54 am »
So to summarise 65 pages on Lucas. Some are convinced he is really good or at least quite good with lots of potential and cite the likes of the Brazilian coach's admiration of him as an endorsement. Other's think he is a little overrated but accept he has some potential to get better. Personally I think he is grotesquely overrated by the brazilian coach, pele, the pope, and the average &%$& on the street. He is slow, cumbersome, out of synch with the rest of the team, is actually poor at passing accurately and consistently, weak in the tackle and laughable at shooting. He is the very poor man's jamie redknapp without the shooting ability and with a yellow shirt and defended by a load of gobshites who think they understand the subtleties of the beautiful game because they read world soccer magazine or the beano or something and think football is a complex game rather than a very simple caper where a child or a chimp can see right through the emperor's new clothes.  ;D

Brilliant post, btw.

Offline bam09

• Brexiteer who lives in Canada. Is alright Jack...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2572 on: January 22, 2011, 01:00:24 am »
Pls don't use Roy as a transfer barometer, his misuse of  funds doesn't make Lucas a world beater, what I think would be a more valid point is if Roy had a good tactical mind -which he didnt - and he bought Raul, and kept Aqua woud Lucas be anyones first choice in CM....imo only in the Europa league

You're not understanding. Roy tried to get rid of Lucas, and they couldn't get the fee they wanted. Roy's player(Poulsen) sucked so much that Lucas became first choice. Lucas played so well that he became undroppable and forced Roy's best buy(Meireles) who is a respected CM in Europe to either go out wide in a 442 or partner him in a 4231. Lucas' play made him undroppable when he started the season behind Gerrard, Meireles and Poulsen. Now he's number 2 CM or number 1 if you consider Gerrard has been moved forward and is not a traditional CM now.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #2573 on: January 22, 2011, 01:00:36 am »
I have an incredibly vivid and fertile imagination. But if someone asked me to look at what you just posted and then come up with the most ironic username possible, I couldn't come up with yours. So well played.

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2574 on: January 22, 2011, 01:00:54 am »
Ah come on guys, this thread is getting totally un-wizard.

Offline AK20

• Kopite
  • Fedor Emelianenko
« Reply #2575 on: January 22, 2011, 01:01:26 am »
Lucas has been our best player this season, anyone who says otherwise doesn't watch full matches-only highlights...where he never gets mentioned!!!

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #2576 on: January 22, 2011, 01:04:05 am »
Brilliant post, btw.
:lmao ahahahaahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! True colours shown. Nailed to the wrong mast. How in the name of all that is holy is that semi-literate, illogical piece of shite a 'brilliant post'? Do you understand how stupid that makes you look?

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2577 on: January 22, 2011, 01:04:55 am »
Lucas has been our best player this season, anyone who says otherwise doesn't watch full matches-only highlights...where he never gets mentioned!!!

They're on both sides.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #2578 on: January 22, 2011, 01:05:06 am »
Ah come on guys, this thread is getting totally un-wizard.
Sorry Hermione :)

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2579 on: January 22, 2011, 01:49:16 am »

He has been the most consistent player. I am not saying he has performed bad but indeed well but really a lot of improvement is needed from Lucas for both himself and Liverpool.

If people start to believe that only consistency means a player is great, then we are in some trouble.

Offline new-red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2580 on: January 22, 2011, 03:36:37 am »
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GUYS ARE STILL ARGUING THE SAME POINTS!!

How bout people who rate lucas can talk about him in one thread and the others can talk about him in their thread.

It has gotten so fucking bad that I don't even have to read usernames to know who is posting.

I think at this point in time it would benefit both parties to just state where they stand.

Lucas Detractors
He is not quick enough
He doesn't pass accurately
He plays it too Safe
He doesn't get forward enough
He's has no outstanding attribute
he doesn't play incisive balls often enough
Too many sideways, backwards passes
He's not brazilian enough, (I threw that one in there myself)
he doesn't score goals
He doesn't tackle well enough for a DM
His short passes aren't effective when completed.

Lucas Supporters (YAY!)
-We find his passing to be very important in ball retention and keeping play moving no matter how short the pass. Distance of the pass is irrelevant if it does what it is supposed to do.
-The not passing accurately thing I think is just sheer laziness on your part when you have the guardian chalkboards who already have everything for you.
-In regards to incisive passing, Lucas has spent the entire season as a DM/HM and therefore doesn't get many opportunities to join the attack at all because he has to cover for a sorry excuse for a backline (Dagger not included!, love that man)
                 - I think a lot of the criticism of him not being positive enough is IMO a direct reflection of Hodgson's specific instructions to him. He even said that raul was the AM and he the DM in the partnership.
                - Bringing me to the next point - Under Kenny he definitely has far more freedom to get forward so he may start to produce in the final third and really become a box-to-box midfielder. time will tell.
- In the above list I mentioned people calling him for not being spectacular at anything. Well, our perception is that Lucas' outstanding ability is his football brain. (now I realize that I probably have caused some of you to spit out your coffee in laughter but that is how we see it.)
                      - For avid supporters of lucas who tend to pay particular attention to the lad during games, like myself, he moves very well off the ball in attack and defense and is always in the right position. This is why he never has to make last ditch tackles. If you will remember, Xabi, (cause of his lack of pace), also rarely went to ground to tackle an opponent bceause he made sure he was in the right position. Lucas has learned that part of them game very well and it's what allows him to be our defensive mid. If the team is relatively organized then lucas always knows where to be. In games where we are not in control lucas and the midfilders are chasing the ball all over the pitch to cover areas where a full back or winger should be.
- I think the most contentious area is his short passing style. One side thinks it doesn't accomplish anything whereas the other side thinks the exact opposite.
             - Let me know if I'm wrong on this haters but you probably watch his 5 yard passes and just see a midfielder is who is not really passing with purpose and that those passes don't accomplish much and therefore you think that he doesn't offer us enough in midfield.
              - From our standpoint, we would rather keep possession than see a pass played that has very little chance of being completed. I'm not gonna speak for everyone know but IMO Possession is maintained just as much for the defense as it is for the offense. Everyone knows the cliche, "if you have the ball, they can't score". And with our current situation it owuld not hurt us one fucking bit to keep a little more possession and protect the backline from a constant barrage of attacks which have gutted us this season.
             - I like the way Lucas keeps the ball. I think even opponents of him playing can see that he's playing more and more forward passes. Maybe not as much as you would like to see but he's gradually getting more comfortable with the idea that he is now a key member of the squad and therefore he has to produce on a weekly basis. I actually saw him bypass stevie a few times which shocked the shit out of me because for  2 1/2 years Lucas passes it to gerrard straight away when he finds him. Hes growing up.
             - IMO, Lucas' passing style is like bricklaying. No one has ever looked at a normal brickwall thinking that each brick is different. No, they are all part of the same wall and they are all contribute to the finished product. Lucas' individual passes may seem like they don't do anything but little by little you have defenders coming out to the wing to close down and there is space left in behind which should be exploited. Problem is that many times our Wide Forwards, can't call them wingers considering wingers can beat a man off the dribble, will get the ball with no support and then they have to cut inside looking for the next pass and we become narrow.
           - I honestly think that watching Gerrard play for a decade has warped supporters' mind about what a CM should be which is very unfortunate because, first of all, Gerrard is not the best CM, we know this. Secondly, he is one of the most gifted players in the history of football. Thirdly, Gerrard tries things in matches that no one would seriously consider in training. However, his truly phenomenal ability allows him to do almost anything on a football pitch which is to our detriment in some games.
          - to be honest, I don't think anyone really knows oo good Lucas is technically. Im pretty sure Stevie himself said that Lucas was among the most technical footballers in the squad. He just doesn't show it unless it is necessary.

- Lucas' tackling have improved light years from where it was that first season. I think people are still trying to get past their first impression of the lad as a clumsly, awkward tackler who often gave up dangerous silly fouls.
            - Lucas was very much like this but he is not anymore. He is, without exaggeration, one of the best tacklers in the league. He doesn't get muscled out anymore and he NEVER pulls out of a tackle.
           - Lucas' tackling should be beyond debate now because it is the biggest area of improvement in his game. In fact, it was nonexistent at the beginning of 0708. Rafa had to teach him the defensive side, so lucas came with no defensive background and is now a good a HM.

- I will agree that Lucas needs to score more goals though but I think that he hasn't been given many opportunities to join the atack under hodgson.
          - With kenny moving to a more fluid attacking system, lucas should be able find opportunities to get forward and suport the attack in the finald third and in the box.

----------------------------------FAIR ENOUGH------------------------
I think the Lucas debate comes down to supporters who prefer one way of playing and supporters who prefer a different style.

Every Lucas thread devolves into the same game of pong and I think playing that game is probably more fun then having to constantly repeat yourself over the course of days.

http://redsacrossthepond.blogspot.com/

My LFC blog. If you read it, please leave me any feedback regardless of whether it is critical or complimentary.

Offline bam09

• Brexiteer who lives in Canada. Is alright Jack...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2581 on: January 22, 2011, 04:17:55 am »
Game, set and match.

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2582 on: January 22, 2011, 05:49:07 am »
Re:new-red

Good points but again why are there always fans like you who think he has been brilliant. I do not know what games you watch, he has been beaten often 1 on 1and pretty sure that toughness is not his strength.

And then, there is the comment that certain players are detriment in our some games which is the reason for the poor performances which is very wrong.

The point is often made the scapegoat when we are not doing well. I do not agree with that, I mean Lucas is a effective player but that does not mean we can go totally opposite by praising every pass/shot he does. Lucas has to improve a lot for both himself and Liverpool...

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2583 on: January 22, 2011, 06:25:50 am »

Do you know wot Shanks said?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline new-red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2584 on: January 22, 2011, 09:08:46 am »
Re:new-red

Good points but again why are there always fans like you who think he has been brilliant. I do not know what games you watch, he has been beaten often 1 on 1and pretty sure that toughness is not his strength.

And then, there is the comment that certain players are detriment in our some games which is the reason for the poor performances which is very wrong.

The point is often made the scapegoat when we are not doing well. I do not agree with that, I mean Lucas is a effective player but that does not mean we can go totally opposite by praising every pass/shot he does. Lucas has to improve a lot for both himself and Liverpool...

Well yes of course we shouldn't go overboard. Not every pass he makes is going to be good but when you play a short passing game it minimizes mistakes as much as possible so as long as you have good awareness you can keep passing the ball well.

To honestly answer that first of your post. In the past there was only a few of us in the lucas club as he was mostly written off early. Most of the posters were so dismissive and harsh on the lad that it naturally causes any Lucas supporter to be defensive. So his performances this year haven't been world class but they have been good and in certain games they have been very good. The lucas camp is very excited for him because he is clearly improving. And now even as he continues to progress at a very good rate in his development and performances, there are still people who discuont him as a nothing player so we just become frustrated with blatant thick-headedness.

Its fair to say that you don't think he could be a CM in a title-winning side but that does not mean that he is a bad player. People are using a black and white system for evaluating players and its bullshit. Either they are world class, (which appears to be a simile for good, great, very good, which are all varying degrees of ability.), or they are shite, or they are local (i.e. Spearing, decent player but no once can actually put him ahead of lucas seriously?).

Now to address the other part of the first sentence. Lucas' toughness is unquestionable. He is demonstrated it time and time and time and time again. Now, I know why we are on opposite sides of this tackling thing. Lucas has been beaten 1 on 1 quite a few times, however, the circumstances are always the same. It happens often when lucas has to try and stop an attacker who is running at him at full speed. In these circumstances lucas tries his best to stop the attack if he can because he knows the CBs will be fucked behind him. So sometimes lucas times it well and wins the tackle but he is mostly trying to just stop the momentum.

When i think of lucas' tackling I am thinking of when he actively closes down and pursues attackers. He is extremely good at closing down the ball. The best example of this is the 90 minutes vs Chelsea at home where he bossed midfield.

Is the scapegoat thing in regards to my comments on stevie? Because he by no means a detriment to the team but sometimes his decision making can be. There is always 2-3 games a season where stevie tries to force the attack too much and will waste possession in favor of passes or 1-2s that require perfect execution and more often than not will lose the ball.

Now he is more than entitled to a fair share of mistakes for what he has done for this club. I was merely expressing my preference for being more patient and working for a more promising opportunity.

Now I think we deep down we have an understanding that Lucas needs to improve if he wants to continue to be a key part of our future. For this current side he needs to be more assertive on the ball and demand the ball more because the team needs someone to direct it like Xabi did. Of course, Lucas is not Xabi, nobody is. But Aquilani came into the team and used his short passing and movement and got us playing with real fluidity which, not coincidentally, raised Lucas' performances in the second half of the season. It seems that Kenny wants to allow Lucas to get forward more which should allow Lucas to be more influential in attacks.

However, Lucas can't do it alone. I think Kenny coming in as manager is really gonna help lucas. With more movement in the side Lucas' quick passing and move style should be accentuated and it should lead to better performances by him. Also, This club being able to actually sign a player like Luis Suarez would be tremendous help.

It honestly seems to me that we are looking at different halves of the same coin.
http://redsacrossthepond.blogspot.com/

My LFC blog. If you read it, please leave me any feedback regardless of whether it is critical or complimentary.

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2585 on: January 22, 2011, 11:07:06 am »

However, Lucas can't do it alone. I think Kenny coming in as manager is really gonna help lucas. With more movement in the side Lucas' quick passing and move style should be accentuated and it should lead to better performances by him. Also, This club being able to actually sign a player like Luis Suarez would be tremendous help.

It honestly seems to me that we are looking at different halves of the same coin.

I think this is very important. People keep asking what does Lucas do that stands out - well another way to look at it, for a long time now our 'team' has been poor - so maybe when our 'team' is playing better we'll start to see a lot more of what Lucas is capable of and even better performances.

Offline impz

• Kopite
« Reply #2586 on: January 22, 2011, 11:50:54 am »
I think this is very important. People keep asking what does Lucas do that stands out - well another way to look at it, for a long time now our 'team' has been poor - so maybe when our 'team' is playing better we'll start to see a lot more of what Lucas is capable of and even better performances.

The team concept has no buisness in a Lucas thread...

Didn't you know it's all down to individual brilliance and all.

from the land of ice and fire.

Ohh and the occasional bank collapse and finacial crisis.

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2587 on: January 22, 2011, 12:02:09 pm »
Speaking of, they'll be with you when the delightful company who sacked me without giving me any of my wages actually pay up. Hopefully next week. You'll be adequetly compensated for your knowledge. Although I'm sure you definition of adequetly compensated differs vastly from Sven Goran Benitez's ;)

Oh and Dunga didn't really seem to love him. The new bloke does though. Hence the fact that he's a regular. Can't blame Dunga for not showing much faith in him though. He gave him a start in an important game at home to Bolivia, and well, insipid isn't the word.

brazil were a lot worse after that.
it was clear they had problems from the word go.

gradually they picked up and qualified.

dunga made the mistake of not re introducing lucas as that lack of clearing headerer cost him.

i agreed with the lucas not being in the brazil squad early qualifying.
you dont want to lump blame on a youngster if things went wrong.
it was clear from the word go something was not right with that side and it wasnt because dunga picked lucas.
equador in the next game should have had 5 before half time.
hit the woodwork twice i think and missed some glorious chances.
lucas wasnt in that side!!!!
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline JasbinderX

• Rashid? Is that you Rashid? Doesn't understand football
  • Kopite
« Reply #2588 on: January 22, 2011, 12:02:51 pm »
I'd rather have Poulsen playing ahead of Lucas. That's how bad he is.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2589 on: January 22, 2011, 12:04:05 pm »

One word: bollocks.

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #2590 on: January 22, 2011, 12:04:28 pm »

on my dear God
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline IanMac

• Oldest under 16 in the Halliwell Jones
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2591 on: January 22, 2011, 12:05:39 pm »
Meff

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #2592 on: January 22, 2011, 12:05:43 pm »
Very funny.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2593 on: January 22, 2011, 12:06:35 pm »

Muppet.

Offline JasbinderX

• Rashid? Is that you Rashid? Doesn't understand football
  • Kopite
« Reply #2594 on: January 22, 2011, 12:06:46 pm »
on my dear God

It's a game of opinions. Granted Lucas has improved, but he's not good enough for a team that aspires to win the league. He'll be the first to go as soon we bring in reinforcments, and back to a decent backup option which is what his level for us should be.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #2595 on: January 22, 2011, 12:27:24 pm »
It's a game of opinions. Granted Lucas has improved, but he's not good enough for a team that aspires to win the league. He'll be the first to go as soon we bring in reinforcments, and back to a decent backup option which is what his level for us should be.

No it is a game of intelligent and logical opinions, yours are the musings of a nincompoop, unless it is a need for a reaction comment,

I am 59 vastly overweight not played for about 30 years and even I am an upgrade on the Poulsen we have watched so far !

just an observation it seems we have some new blood that appear use this thread as a receptacle for mindless ignorance about Lucas!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 12:29:39 pm by geoffstrong »
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #2596 on: January 22, 2011, 12:33:13 pm »
Do you know wot Shanks said?

Does he know who Shanks was? :butt ;)
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2597 on: January 22, 2011, 12:35:19 pm »

Ignorance is bliss. :)

Offline mulhergremista

• Kopite
« Reply #2598 on: January 22, 2011, 12:37:10 pm »
:lmao ahahahaahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! True colours shown. Nailed to the wrong mast. How in the name of all that is holy is that semi-literate, illogical piece of shite a 'brilliant post'? Do you understand how stupid that makes you look?

Spot on

but the brilliant poster himself said any caper of chimp could have done this "brilliant" observation. :no  , insult for the animals though, thanks the Lord they don't read this debate

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #2599 on: January 22, 2011, 01:30:34 pm »
THIS IS NOT A COMMS THREAD (the b-side to PiL's "This Is Not A Love Song").