Author Topic: Roy eyes 5-6 new players in January  (Read 476856 times)

Offline bunjibloomer

• Anny Roader
  • Carry on down to Jiggytown
Re: Roy eyes 5-6 new players in January
« Reply #5720 on: December 29, 2010, 06:53:54 pm »
Yes CArlton Cole has only scored more than one goal in 1 game in 200 appearances  :o :o Roy seriously wants this guy??  :butt

Heard that stat on the box the other day! Shocker! I don't think he's the worst in the world however he is defo not good enough for us; no value as he's homegrown (£10mil FFS!); and imo would not compliment Nando, or be a good back up now or ever. Rather keep Ngog in there myself. As mentioned, if he is bought I'd obviously love to see him do well however I can't see it happening.

LOVE to see Kun being unveiled in Jan/summer. 'Pool fan n all! However can't see any top class player being lured by Hodgson. History or no history. Something has to give!
My Family and The Redmen are my loves.
Max and Lucas, stay happy and be kind, and the World will be your oyster.
YNWA
JFT96
NEVER BUY THE s*n
Where were you in Madrid? ******
Twitter - @bunjibloomer

Offline gandt

• Kopite
  • just lFC
« Reply #5721 on: December 29, 2010, 06:58:33 pm »
Obviously City will have to get rid of one of Santa Cruz, Jo, or Adebayor in order to accomodate Dzeko in their squad.
And if they were to sign anyone else, they would have to let go of another player.

But they've got so much money, they could even let the player kick about in the reserves if necessary.

We need to be playing Champions League football before we can hope to attract well-known top drawer talent.
The challenge is to find players with hidden potential whilst bringing youngsters through.
But Spurs tried their hardest to do that for years and got nowhere, until we self-imploded and opened up a spare top4 space.
i dont think city will be letting anyone go until next season, they were always going to spend big in this transfer window as its the last before the new fifa fair system comes into play next season, any big signing like dzeko from next season onwards would pretty much have to be offset against income, hence the reason city are stock piling assets, the likes of bellamy, adebayor, santa cruz, wayne bridge and any other player they dont need will be sold next season to offset against their overheads/wage bill, their matchday/marketing income certainly wont balance the books.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #5722 on: December 29, 2010, 07:00:10 pm »
i dont think city will be letting anyone go until next season, they were always going to spend big in this transfer window as its the last before the new fifa fair system comes into play next season, any big signing like dzeko from next season onwards would pretty much have to be offset against income, hence the reason city are stock piling assets, the likes of bellamy, adebayor, santa cruz, wayne bridge and any other player they dont need will be sold next season to offset against their overheads/wage bill, their matchday/marketing income certainly wont balance the books.
Santa, tevez, adebayor, Jo, Dzeko

It's like monopoly money to them, truly obscene.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5723 on: December 29, 2010, 07:06:06 pm »
That's them, but what about us? The loss of Champions League revenue is at most 35m or so - if you win it - and more likely averages around the 12-15m mark.

But consider the fact that NESV showed up out of nowhere and plunked down 217m quid in cash for the club. Even if they were to spunk 100m in the first transfer window (which I think you will agree is highly unlikely), that'd only bring their initial investment from Epic Swindle to about Fair Market Value.

If you're eying a house that's on the market for six to eight hundred thousand, and you pluck it out of a distressed owner's hands for three hundred thousand, putting only 217,000 down, don't you think you could afford new windows?
The new windows would depend on whether I had any change from my 217.

Offline OldCold

• Lock 'em all up! A spell in the army would do 'em all good! Police State? Yes please! Has bookmarked the Daily Mail's editorial.
  • Legacy Fan
  • OC - RAWK's Poser boy.
« Reply #5724 on: December 29, 2010, 07:21:29 pm »
Amauri being linked now, journalists just pull names out of the hat at times.
OldCold has merked so many people over the last 5 hours. Awesome.
OldCold you are an enigma.

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #5725 on: December 29, 2010, 07:28:43 pm »
Even worse than Carlton Cole.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5726 on: December 29, 2010, 07:40:44 pm »
Jesus Christ. We won't sign Carlton Cole already. Give it a rest.
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5727 on: December 29, 2010, 07:43:24 pm »
And what was wrong with what I said?
Doesnt it get frustrating when things change like this?

What has changed?

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #5728 on: December 29, 2010, 07:48:19 pm »
Jesus Christ. We won't sign Carlton Cole already. Give it a rest.

I can't believe that we finally found common ground.

You're still a useless waste of megabits, though, and I wish you were UDP :wave

Offline tax_man

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5729 on: December 29, 2010, 07:52:51 pm »

They just pull names out of the hat all the time. I don't know why I go on this thread, or check Newsnow, or check the BBC Gossip column. It's all bollocks. No idea whatsoever. I think this window more than any other we just don't have a clue, that's why we're getting linked with players from Cole to Dzenko, from Huth to Hazard. No one has a fuckin clue.

All I can guess from what Henry and Commolli have said is two or three players in the 18-23 year old age bracket.

Offline tamadic

• Kopite
« Reply #5730 on: December 29, 2010, 07:56:14 pm »
Yes CArlton Cole has only scored more than one goal in 1 game in 200 appearances  :o :o Roy seriously wants this guy??  :butt

Only if he costs < 5M... decent backup. If the price is > 9M, oh man... what a great business once again.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 08:01:31 pm by tamadic »

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5731 on: December 29, 2010, 08:44:44 pm »
The way we are playing twelve Messi's and thirteen Villa's could not help us.
Buy us a manager!

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5732 on: December 29, 2010, 08:54:18 pm »
I can't believe that we finally found common ground.

You're still a useless waste of megabits, though, and I wish you were UDP :wave

User Datagram Protocol?
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #5733 on: December 29, 2010, 09:03:49 pm »
User Datagram Protocol?

Connectionless, no handshakes, easy to ignore, dropped without warning.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5734 on: December 29, 2010, 10:20:23 pm »
I know what a UDP is, of course. I invented the machine back in the forties with an old associate of mine. He later moved on, and the business went downhill. He now collects and builds model airplanes.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #5735 on: December 29, 2010, 10:31:44 pm »
Please God, I dont believe in you, but can you make sure Roy is eyeing 5/6 players in January somewhere else and not at Liverpool. Thanks.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #5736 on: December 29, 2010, 10:33:02 pm »
Just sign Robert Huth.

He'll sort it all out.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5737 on: December 29, 2010, 10:38:43 pm »
Who's this Sylvain Marveaux?

Seems he was at the match tonight ahead of a 1.5 million move.
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #5738 on: December 29, 2010, 10:41:38 pm »
Sylvain Marveaux?! PARTY TIME!!!

He's an attacking midfielder that can play on the wing....so another narrow option that barely scores.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #5739 on: December 29, 2010, 10:45:15 pm »
Who's this Sylvain Marveaux?

Seems he was at the match tonight ahead of a 1.5 million move.

Left winger, 24 years old, plays for Rennes ... Bosman in the summer ... I think that he was France U-21 international couple of years ago ... Very solid player ...
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #5740 on: December 29, 2010, 10:46:23 pm »
Left winger, 24 years old, plays for Rennes ... Bosman in the summer ... I think that he was France U-21 international couple of years ago ... Very solid player ...

He's got Comolli written all over him.

I can't see him amounting to anything under Hodgson. He could be a decent player under the wing of a manager capable of managing this club, but not with Hodgson 'nurturing' him. No way.

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5741 on: December 29, 2010, 10:46:58 pm »
Commoli's native influence paying off already then.

Offline Live in the Now

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5742 on: December 29, 2010, 11:00:26 pm »
West Ham were interested last summer but in fairness he is too good for West Ham. Scored 10 goals in Ligue 1 last season, likes to cut inside from the left while continuing to use his left foot. He can do a job for us.

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #5743 on: December 29, 2010, 11:05:46 pm »

Offline Visigoth33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5744 on: December 30, 2010, 12:19:35 am »
talented but also inconsistent player.he could be our malouda or a bernard Diomède for us.

Offline scott

• Butterflies taste with their feet. An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain. Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5745 on: December 30, 2010, 12:20:36 am »
Worth a go at 1.5m, surely.
+61 ticket exchange

Offline RedDan87

• Anny Roader
  • http://twitter.com/dant7733
« Reply #5746 on: December 30, 2010, 01:44:48 am »
take a look at this guy's twitter feed. makes a few comments on marveaux.

http://twitter.com/karlsentk

TK karlsen talks a lot of sense. former scout for anyone who doesn't know him. knowlidgable.

Offline Breitner

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5747 on: December 30, 2010, 01:56:25 am »
take a look at this guy's twitter feed. makes a few comments on marveaux.

http://twitter.com/karlsentk

TK karlsen talks a lot of sense. former scout for anyone who doesn't know him. knowlidgable.

Talks highly of him and someone called Steve Hinchen, who I presume is our scout and sealed the deal. On a bosman in the summer hence the low fee.

Offline SRAWL

• 'Spicegirls Rule All! Wooooh! Lulz.'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5748 on: December 30, 2010, 01:59:46 am »
to be honest I think a gnat with it's balls on fire could imrpove our squad atm. Having said that karlsentk guy and Hinchen seem to think he is good, and at 1.5m it is worthwhile. I am hoping his physicality doesn't let him down though (although Kalou isn't that big?).
"We can win 4-0 but I want to win by eight. I don't like to lose. I never accept defeat". Luis Suarez

robbie9fowler robbie fowler
If these qualify now I'm gonna do the moonwalk bollocko from Liverpool to London blindfolded

Offline RedDan87

• Anny Roader
  • http://twitter.com/dant7733
« Reply #5749 on: December 30, 2010, 02:06:46 am »
Talks highly of him and someone called Steve Hinchen, who I presume is our scout and sealed the deal. On a bosman in the summer hence the low fee.

steve hitchin is the scout arry redknapp moaned about us stealing from spurs. he was their top scout on the continant apparently. supposed to be very good at his job.

Offline RedSandgrounder

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5750 on: December 30, 2010, 02:46:15 am »
A left footer for that wing could really improve us. Our options for the left wing role at the moment are Babel, Kuyt, Cole and Maxi. All right footed. We saw what a difference it made when we brought in Riera, adding real width and the ability to get down the touchline and whip the ball in.

We could shell out 7x that amount on N'Zogbia, so it's certainly worth the gamlble.

Played Comolli lad.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 02:48:35 am by RedSandgrounder »
PSN: DHitchers

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5751 on: December 30, 2010, 07:26:52 am »
Theres has been a bit of talk about gervinho recently.  Don't know much about him but went to a lille forum to see what they thought.    It's hard to get an accurate read but some think he's inconsistent and some seem happy to part with him if they get Gameiro  who's close to the end of his contract(kind of like us buying meireles form Porto who bought Joao Moutnho for a cheaper price) but some see him as integral and techinically good. 

From ligue 1 I think him or Sessegnon would be goood for under 10 mill.  Sessegnon wants out from his club so we could get him on the cheap...

But we will probably more than likely have to wait till the end of January for any real developments

Offline soberphobia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5752 on: December 30, 2010, 08:03:07 am »
Seriously Our wings are dross. Our best winger plays at R/B. Sure they put in the odd solid game but who of them would get a game at the best of clubs? Er none  is the correct answer. So a lad Who is cheap and a natural lefty with a bit of quality could be worth a punt when he is cheap.

I seriously doubt Roy will have any influence on the buying from here on in. Thank god when i hear the likes of Carlton Cole and Huth being linked to Us. This just completes Roys ability to play to a level of mediocrity that we can never accept.
24 hours in a day 24 cans in a carton coincidence?

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #5753 on: December 30, 2010, 08:45:58 am »
roy should eye for his replacement
"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #5754 on: December 30, 2010, 09:29:56 am »
Is this Sylvain Marveaux move a cert? At 1.5 million, he's hardly a risk and he seems to have the skill to cope with in the Premier League although how he adapts to the physicality remains to be seen. His wikipedia page also says that Arsenal and Chelsea were in for him last year so that's a good sign. Hopefully, his arrival can trigger the end of fringe players like Jova and Babel.

Offline hedger

• ows
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5755 on: December 30, 2010, 09:33:37 am »
N'zogbia destroyed arsenal last night. He also fired a decent head butt which could come in handy for using on Roy  ;D

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #5756 on: December 30, 2010, 09:36:55 am »
Is this Sylvain Marveaux move a cert? At 1.5 million, he's hardly a risk and he seems to have the skill to cope with in the Premier League although how he adapts to the physicality remains to be seen. His wikipedia page also says that Arsenal and Chelsea were in for him last year so that's a good sign. Hopefully, his arrival can trigger the end of fringe players like Jova and Babel.
If he is a squad replacement for Jova,good.
But,whether-at 1.5m-he is good enough to be a regular starter remains to be seen.
Low risk move,maybe improves the squad,and he is young.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #5757 on: December 30, 2010, 10:27:38 am »
low risk move, hopefully replacing that dross Cole.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #5758 on: December 30, 2010, 11:36:39 am »

Rennes winger linked

30th Dec 2010

Rennes winger Sylvain Marveaux could become Liverpool's first signing of the January transfer window.

The 24-year-old was sat in the directors box at Anfield for last night's match.

No deal has yet been agreed but the Reds are keen on acquiring the services of the former France Under-21 international, who is also coveted by Manchester United and Chelsea.

Marveaux is out of contract next summer and would command a fee of around £1.5million.

Author: Liverpool Echo

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/rennes-winger-linked

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5759 on: December 30, 2010, 11:39:17 am »
Rennes winger Sylvain Marveaux could become Liverpool's first signing of the January transfer window.

The 24-year-old was sat in the directors box at Anfield for last night's match.

He won't want anything to do with us after that horrorshow last night.