Author Topic: Roy eyes 5-6 new players in January  (Read 477854 times)

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
Re: Roy eyes 5-6 new players in January
« Reply #5520 on: December 29, 2010, 02:47:33 pm »
:no

Fucking money bags.

That's 99% of what's important in modern football, I'm afraid.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #5521 on: December 29, 2010, 02:48:42 pm »

Would never have happened mate.

Exactly.

Why would he come here when he's got offers from clubs with money, Champions League football likely and decent management?

We have no prospects with Hodgson in charge and simply cannot attract players anywhere near his reputation and class.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #5522 on: December 29, 2010, 02:48:44 pm »
Hodgson would cream his panties...

Who's the guy in white?

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #5523 on: December 29, 2010, 02:50:14 pm »
I wish City would stop fucking hijacking every fucking deal that other clubs may have put forward for players.  And if Dzeko wants to go there then fair enough. We don't need him anyway. I mean it's not like they can compete with our history, heritage, success, following or brand.

Anyway the financial fair play rules are going to snip them in the arse and it won't be pleasant.
YWNA

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #5524 on: December 29, 2010, 02:50:18 pm »
Reds renew Cole interest

Sky Sports News understands that Liverpool have renewed their interest in West Ham striker Carlton Cole.

A representative of the Anfield club is said to have been at the Hammers' Boxing Day victory over Fulham at Craven Cottage, where the 27-year-old scored twice in a 3-1 win.

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson made an attempt to sign England international Cole, who has netted just five times in all competitions this season, in the summer transfer window.

But a deadline day deal was not agreed and West Ham boss Avram Grant remains unwilling to sell his star players, such as Cole, Matthew Upson and Scott Parker, as he battles against Premier League relegation.

No secret

However, it is understood that Hammers co-owners David Gold and David Sullivan would be prepared to listen to offers between £7m and £9m.

Hodgson has made no secret of the fact that he wants to increase his attacking options and find a partner for Fernando Torres to decrease the burden on the Spain international.

The Liverpool boss is desperate to be backed in the transfer window by his club's owners, John Henry's New England Sports Ventures, following their takeover in mid-October and he has also been linked with PSV Eindhoven forward Ola Toivonen.

But, whether or not it is a poker face to misguide rivals, Hodgson has also said that he does not expect to sign any 'first-team material' until the end of January.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6622051,00.html

FUCK OFF HODGSON YOU FUCKING MORON!!!  :no :no :no

Offline JOYRO

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #5525 on: December 29, 2010, 02:51:25 pm »
He is a really good player, but has been unlucky at Spurs. Fans ftom other clubs call him a flop etc and say he isn't strong enough for the Prem, but it simply isn't true. It's just the was we play, using wide layers to break quickly, means he'll miss out to Lennon and Bale. Last season he had injuries and wanted to go out on loan to make sure he was fit for the WC. This season he's again had some injury problems and can't get in the side as we are strong on the positions he plays. If we have an injury to a wide player it makes more sense to play VDV, Modric or Kranjcar out wide, than risk a young player who hasn't had chance to get to grips with the Prem. It isn't Harry's fault and it isn't Gio's fault, it's just that we are the wrong club for him at the moment. But he's got real quality and someone will get a bargain.
I agree Dos Santos has got real quality, he showed that in WC for Mexico. He prefers to play in 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 in a wingposition and we need a quick tricky player like him. But I'd prefer Gervinho over him because he's a physical stronger.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #5526 on: December 29, 2010, 02:51:28 pm »
Who's the guy in white?

Simon Davies.

I wish City would stop fucking hijacking every fucking deal that other clubs may have put forward for players.  And if Dzeko wants to go there then fair enough. We don't need him anyway. I mean it's not like they can compete with our history, heritage, success, following or brand.

Anyway the financial fair play rules are going to snip them in the arse and it won't be pleasant.

We were never going to get Dzeko in a million years mate.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #5527 on: December 29, 2010, 02:52:07 pm »
Ha ha ha

Carlton Cole

:lmao
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5528 on: December 29, 2010, 02:53:37 pm »

All true but we just can't compete with that wage bracket. I reckon he'll be on stupid money and to be fair in his position who would turn it down?
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline Picklez

• Kopite
« Reply #5529 on: December 29, 2010, 02:55:06 pm »
well carlton cole isn't exactly a 'young gem' so I'm guessing he's the 'big difference' player.

wooooo I'm starting to be much more confident in our all-knowing manager -.-

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #5530 on: December 29, 2010, 02:55:54 pm »
Ha ha ha

Carlton Cole

:lmao

Things are about to get worse it seems...

Offline macmanaman

• doo doo dedoo doo
  • Kopite
  • Rafalution
« Reply #5531 on: December 29, 2010, 02:56:35 pm »
Carlton Cole ???? Oh, fuck

Offline The Armchair

• Anny Roader
  • R. Keys = hairy little fuck-witted gimp
Re: The Round-Table Post-Match Discussion Thread - Blackburn Feb 28
« Reply #5532 on: December 29, 2010, 02:56:57 pm »
The thought of that embarrassing man being allowed to make transfers in and out of our club scares me. Actually, just the thought of him remaining our manager all season scares me.

I can see Agger departing and being replaced by someone who can jump high and is willing to lump the ball 70 yards.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 05:21:43 pm by The Armchair »
Pepe Reina has a better chance of scoring 10-15 goals next season than Voronin....

Someone quote me on that!!!

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #5533 on: December 29, 2010, 02:57:28 pm »
We'll sign him for the best part of £10m and then give him massive wages so we can't shift the useless twat.

FFS.

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5534 on: December 29, 2010, 03:00:47 pm »
Not sure why there's such outrage over Cole. He's not in the top bracket but he's a good player and will accept his place in the pecking order. We bought far worse under the previous manager, not that anyone would ever admit it. Isn't Commoli in charge of transfers now anyway, or does that only apply when we're linked to a popular name?

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5535 on: December 29, 2010, 03:01:01 pm »
Cole and Torres?

Id rather Ngog and Torres

Offline RedDan87

• Anny Roader
  • http://twitter.com/dant7733
« Reply #5536 on: December 29, 2010, 03:01:13 pm »
what baffles me is why we'd be willing to spend upwards of 9 mil on a useless lump like cole. what happened to this whole investing in youth and buying for the long term business?

Offline RedDan87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5537 on: December 29, 2010, 03:04:29 pm »
Not sure why there's such outrage over Cole. He's not in the top bracket but he's a good player and will accept his place in the pecking order. We bought far worse under the previous manager, not that anyone would ever admit it. Isn't Commoli in charge of transfers now anyway, or does that only apply when we're linked to a popular name?

but it was well documented in the summer that roy was an admirer of cole for some inexplicable reason. trouble is, he's no better than what we already have. would anyone here actually take him over ngog?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #5538 on: December 29, 2010, 03:05:08 pm »

Carlton Cole is not good enough to play for liverpool. We dont need good players, we need very good to exellent players if we are ever to get back on our perch.

We really need to get out of the routine of buying stop-gap, quick-fix players.

Offline Breitner

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5539 on: December 29, 2010, 03:08:48 pm »
but it was well documented in the summer that roy was an admirer of cole for some inexplicable reason. trouble is, he's no better than what we already have.

He is. Ngog is too lightweight and struggles up top on his own. He might improve but at the moment he's not good enough to play second fiddle to Torres. Cole is big, strong, quick and will score goals in a better side. It's a risk like all signings but given the circumstances I can understand why he's a option.

Offline RedDan87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5540 on: December 29, 2010, 03:12:55 pm »
It's a risk like all signings but given the circumstances I can understand why he's a option.

surely though, there are better options than carlten cole? seriously.

Offline majestic_11

• Remembers Houllier's Champions League winning campaign fondly
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK OG
« Reply #5541 on: December 29, 2010, 03:12:55 pm »
Cole and Torres?

Id rather Ngog and Torres

all number 9's looking to play in a dinosaur system!

Even in the early 80's we played with one in the hole and one up front so god knows what Roy saw when he was invited by Bob to learn the lpool way!

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #5542 on: December 29, 2010, 03:13:31 pm »
FUCK OFF HODGSON YOU FUCKING MORON!!!  :no :no :no

I note that you have highlighted five goals, but how many goals have our top scorers scored this season?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5543 on: December 29, 2010, 03:13:49 pm »
Carlton fuckin Cole!!!

The Red Fulham, thats what we're becoming.

The fact that some of our fans wouldn't mind this actually happening like some fans on here thought Konchesky would be a useful signing, drive me to despair.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #5544 on: December 29, 2010, 03:14:14 pm »
Great city get dzeko while we're busy chasing cole. I hope we have a big hidden deal being sorted now for a winger, as happened with raul in the summer. Let's leave cole where he belongs please and let's go after someone better than 'half decent' if we're going to bother investing in a team for the now. We don't need any more decent players, we need commitment and proper money or we're going to feel like we did at this time last year.

Depressing, oh and F*CK OFF man city!

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5545 on: December 29, 2010, 03:14:33 pm »
Great. There are people now justifying Carlton motherfucking Cole.
You will all get the opportunity to eat what you now lightly and carelessly shit around, same as with Poulsen, Konchesky and Hodgson.

Fuck this.

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #5546 on: December 29, 2010, 03:15:46 pm »

I would probably accept Carlton Cole ... In a direct swap deal for Babel ...
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5547 on: December 29, 2010, 03:16:36 pm »
Its not so much Cole as a player that I have the issue with (although dont think he is good enough for us). Its the style of football its indicating Hodgson wants to play, which is the big man up front and balls being played up to him to bring down. Not good at all.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5548 on: December 29, 2010, 03:16:37 pm »
I note that you have highlighted five goals, but how many goals have our top scorers scored this season?

What point are you trying to make here ffs? The lad is a lump of shite.

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5549 on: December 29, 2010, 03:16:53 pm »
What a surprise. Carlton Cole.

Thanks Roy!

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5550 on: December 29, 2010, 03:17:18 pm »
I would probably accept Carlton Cole ... In a direct swap deal for Babel ...

I wouldn't. Paul Konchesky on the other hand...............

On a more serious note though, do you think swapping one talented cant-be-arsed-working-hard footballer for a average hard working british player would benefit our club, coz I dont.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 03:20:04 pm by Mr Rossi »

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #5551 on: December 29, 2010, 03:18:24 pm »
Oh and just to add, can you imagine if we go out and spend 9m on cole roy will feel obliged to play him all the time which is even more concerning than him sitting on the bench. If we need to buy english get cahill or young.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #5552 on: December 29, 2010, 03:18:43 pm »

He's a very average player. He'll probably get signed for £10M on a 4 year contract, meaning he'll be another one over 30 on mental wages.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #5553 on: December 29, 2010, 03:19:15 pm »
Word on the street is that Carlos Vela wants out of Arsenal, well worth a punt this kid.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #5554 on: December 29, 2010, 03:20:02 pm »
Word on the street is that Carlos Vela wants out of Arsenal, well worth a punt this kid.

Definitely ... A swap deal for Babel ?
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline macmanaman

• doo doo dedoo doo
  • Kopite
  • Rafalution
« Reply #5555 on: December 29, 2010, 03:20:25 pm »
Just what the fuck man ? Are you trying to justify that Cole is a good signing ?
Fucking hell, we are getting more and more insane by the minutes.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5556 on: December 29, 2010, 03:21:06 pm »
Definitely ... A swap deal for Babel ?

Thats more like it, but alas I cant see him coming here. Not with Roy in charge.

Offline Fauxy

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh na na, whats my name? Rihanna. Get in the van.
« Reply #5557 on: December 29, 2010, 03:21:10 pm »
Vela is the mexican version of Babel.

Very talented but very inconsistent.

No thx!
Follow me on twitter!

http://twitter.com/Benfauxy

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #5558 on: December 29, 2010, 03:22:02 pm »
what baffles me is why we'd be willing to spend upwards of 9 mil on a useless lump like cole. what happened to this whole investing in youth and buying for the long term business?

True and just sahows Roys ambitions, he is 28 years old too.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #5559 on: December 29, 2010, 03:22:53 pm »
Vela is the mexican version of Babel.

Very talented but very inconsistent.

No thx!

You serious, he is what 20/21 years old. This kid could be world class and i mean that.
Y.N.W.A.