Author Topic: SORRY - He's got to go....  (Read 45156 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: SORRY - He's got to go....
« Reply #200 on: October 3, 2010, 06:22:43 pm »
The more astute on rawk, for several years now, have been trying to highlight this never has been about the manager of LFC, but about the short and long term decisions mistakes routinely being made by various board members.

Too few listened though. Maybe they dont like what they hear?
We have a board with not one person with genuine football experience, is it any wonder they make these total fuck ups.

Rafa had to go for his own sake, he had become so mixed up with politics and infighting it was hindering his on pitch activities.  To replace him with Roy was short sighted, but I don't think anyone on the board cares about results, I really don't.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #201 on: October 3, 2010, 06:22:53 pm »
Really, cos we just sacked someone who had us challenging for the title 18 months ago, with a similar squad of players and similar funding.

Keyword challenging! Rafa needed the extra money to bring in 1 or 2 better players and it never came! Is agree rafa should never have gone and Roy shouldn't be here now!

The squads gotten weaker since rafa! Meireles poulsen jovanovic all need time to settle into the PL. And the team needs time to gel too!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #202 on: October 3, 2010, 06:23:03 pm »
Just heard him say he's not concerned about our league position.

Wake up Roy!
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #203 on: October 3, 2010, 06:23:13 pm »
The more astute on rawk, for several years now, have been trying to highlight this never has been about the manager of LFC, but about the short and long term decisions mistakes routinely being made by various board members.

Got a text today from someone saying 'he has to go' and I replied something like this above, that it doesn't matter WHO is in charge until we are sold, and they didn't reply.
Anyone who takes over at the moment is for all intents and purposes a caretaker.

Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline gandalf50

• Kopite
  • Named "Most Naive poster on Rawk" by L666kop
« Reply #204 on: October 3, 2010, 06:23:47 pm »
This is just nonsense
Like I said it is just speculation. But my take on nonsense at LFC is sacking a manager with a winning track record and an ability to build the club because of one bad season and for political reasons. Then replacing him with a man who has made an art form of finishing second and who relegated the last top four team he took over.
There really isn't.  I think a lot of us, even our own have started doubting it. It's time to rise up. And take what is rightfully ours. It's a big mountain, but what is the point in achieving something, which everyone can?

Fate has given us a mountain too big. We have to rise. We have to believe.

fowler9_god

Offline paisleysshirt

• Main Stander
« Reply #205 on: October 3, 2010, 06:24:50 pm »
So just to recap, many people on here have spent the last year or so uttering the words "We don't want to be like Newcastle" and many people are now advocating sacking the manager after 7 league games. Oooh what to do eh?

Quoted for truth.

'Shanks has gone and they're giving me the job even though I didn't really want it. But we must try to carry on what he's started'

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #206 on: October 3, 2010, 06:24:58 pm »
Like I said it is just speculation. But my take on nonsense at LFC is sacking a manager with a winning track record and an ability to build the club because of one bad season and for political reasons. Then replacing him with a man who has made an art form of finishing second and who relegated the last top four team he took over.
Speculation doesn't help, there enough facts out there about why we are under achieving.

Are you trying to suggest that it's not then mangers fault because of the players attitudes?

He's paid to manage them, end of.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2010, 06:26:35 pm by Tepid water »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline clarrie1983

• Anny Roader
« Reply #207 on: October 3, 2010, 06:25:06 pm »
Just sack the dithering old idiot.
''It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world every day always just exactly fits the newspaper''-Jerry Seinfeld

PSN - clarrie1983

Online Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #208 on: October 3, 2010, 06:25:56 pm »

Again, the situation right now, is no excuse for ineptness.......there's enough in that squad...properly deployed...to destroy Blackpool...even when we lose our top striker through injury....it is littered with internationals all over the park..

Offline exile kopite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #209 on: October 3, 2010, 06:26:17 pm »
With all of our financial problems in recent years, this is still a squad worth Ł200+ million ... Realistically, we have the quality to be a top 6 club in the Premier League ... At the moment, we are 18th on the table ... Therefore, it is clear that Roy is the problem ... He should be gone ... Immediately ...

Agree - Just look at Bpools squad today and there is almost no player that would take a place in LFC under normal times
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THE GHOSTS IS EVERYWHERE

Offline Pheel

• Look into my eyes...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jerzy............Legend
« Reply #210 on: October 3, 2010, 06:27:36 pm »
Just heard a sickening interview on Talk Sp****

i DON'T THINK THAT Liverpool fc WILL BE IN BOTTOM 3 AT THE END OF 38 GAMES!

You dont go from being feted in may to being a bad manager  (paraphrasing)

Just cannot get my head round how disconnected he is  even when Ged went a bit mad ( love him by the way) he was not as delusional as RH
Better today than yesterday...........
           even better tomorrow.

Offline exile kopite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #211 on: October 3, 2010, 06:27:41 pm »
Quoted for truth.

Add the EL games aswell.

INB4 Napoli fucking destroy us - Hamsik will get Polusen redcarded for sure.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THE GHOSTS IS EVERYWHERE

hoonin

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: October 3, 2010, 06:29:30 pm »
Anyone who takes over at the moment is for all intents and purposes a caretaker.

Amd the assertions from within the club and Hodgson's past history suggest that that was the case. While what happens on the pitch is linked to that off it and we're never going to be where we prviously until we get a new and better board, there's nothing to suggest that there's any planning for the future - not in terms of the football or the turnaround in players and it's even more disheartening than simply losing to Blackpool at home.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #214 on: October 3, 2010, 06:29:55 pm »
Im getting crap off a Leeds fan. A fucking Leeds fan
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
« Reply #215 on: October 3, 2010, 06:29:58 pm »
Quote from: Gareth on Today at 06:18:03 PM

We know the owners are the problem. The previous owner was a problem too as he was a prat who sold us out.

We now have the added problem of a clueless manager who seems to live in his own little bubble where he is one of the best managers in Europe.

In spite of a league table that tells it's own story and performances that everyone criticises.

Oh and Northampton Roy, remember that night?
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline Buzby

• Main Stander
« Reply #216 on: October 3, 2010, 06:30:07 pm »
Getting rid of the yanks has to be the top priority. But that doesn't mean we should ignore on the pitch matters too.

With our off field issues this was always going to be a difficult season for us, one in which I felt we would probably have to be content with fighting for Europa league qualification.

Nothing Hodgson has said or done has suggested to me that he is a suitable manager for us. And the results speak for themselves.

Surely Dalglish would be a far better choice for us? His appointment would give the whole place a lift, and while he might not be able to turn us into a great side without appropriate backing he would at least get us playing the right way and provide us all with a leader we can get behind during these dark days. Getting beat I can accept, but getting beat while playing "the hodgson way" and with "the hodgson attitude" I can't.

Kenny might not be the long term solution, as much as it would be great if he were, but appointing him on a caretaker basis until we have new owners who can then assess the situation and make their own decision makes perfect sense to me.
"If the supporters like me, then it's only half as much as I like them." - K. Dalglish

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #217 on: October 3, 2010, 06:31:21 pm »
Things need to change, we have no direction on the park and a manager who sits and does nothing for 90 minutes. This week may be a good time for a change, if not, how long to we wait? 2 games, 4 games, until January? The bitetrs must be rubbing their hands at the moment. Lose that and most of the fans will lose the plot.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

hoonin

« Reply #218 on: October 3, 2010, 06:31:32 pm »
Again, the situation right now, is no excuse for ineptness.......there's enough in that squad...properly deployed...to destroy Blackpool...even when we lose our top striker through injury....it is littered with internationals all over the park..

Agreed. The same applied last year where 4th place really should have been achievable if the mentality of the players was better. There's only so far you take an argument that says all our ills are down to one man (be it Benitez or Hodgson).

At what point do we stop shifting managers out of the door, acknowledge the bigger problems that have been endemic for years and hold the decision makers to some account?

Deckchairs. Titanic. Re-arranging etc etc...

Offline PAC-MAN

• 'Hanging on the telephone - you're our number one'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: October 3, 2010, 06:32:05 pm »
joke this now, needs to leave before we get deeper in the shit
Can't stand the left-wing lunatics

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #220 on: October 3, 2010, 06:35:20 pm »
The thing about Liverpool is as Rafa learnt.

If you have the fans your job is safe regardless of your position in the league

We could be out of all the cups and be 20th in the league with 30 points between us and safety but as long as you still have the fans you'll be fine.

Hodgson lost the fans today. If the fans have no confidence in you then you have to call it a day

Do whats best for the club roy and step aside

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
« Reply #221 on: October 3, 2010, 06:35:36 pm »
At what point do we stop shifting managers out of the door, acknowledge the bigger problems that have been endemic for years and hold the decision makers to some account?

How? A strongly worded letter to the local MP?

We've been protesting against the owners for years and yet they are still here.
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: October 3, 2010, 06:36:40 pm »
The scary thing is, this was our easiest game this season, on paper. But after that, I really don't see where the fuck our points are going to come from. Spurs started like this a few seasons ago, and made the decision that needed to be made, even after that manager had just won them their first Cup in yonks. But they've got competent people running their club.

Pellegrini is still without a job. I know, he'd be mad to take it, but he's doing nothing else so why not? Because as shite as we've been, we've still got a pretty good fucking squad of players to work with. 
« Last Edit: October 3, 2010, 06:39:50 pm by Bob Loblaw »

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #223 on: October 3, 2010, 06:36:50 pm »
I am truely disenchanted, and i fully agree with the most intelligent fans in the world. I dont wana be newcastle, but we're that far from anything close to the liverpool way i'm willing to throw away another one of the holey grails 'support the manager' in favour of an able sighted manager, 6th october, 16th october, 12th of never, this muppet needs to head back down south. Put sammy in charge (yes really) and if we can convince kenny to act as head cleaner uper get him to sit next to him, but realistically it all comes back to the same boring old subject, fat yanks fuckers out, slimey southern bankers followed cloesly behind please. Feel like crying.

Offline Borninbethlehem

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #224 on: October 3, 2010, 06:37:46 pm »
I would take Martin O'Neill right now - and that is saying something. We are in desperate need of a manager who can get the best out of our players. Roy is getting the worst out of them and it doesn't look like changing. Guus Hiddink would obviously be the perfect option, but no top manager would touch us with a bargepole at the moment.

If Roy stays in the job we could well be in a relegation fight this season. 

Offline KSra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #225 on: October 3, 2010, 06:38:10 pm »
We've been protesting against the owners for years and yet they are still here.
That's capitalism for you. We can sing all we want, we can bring banners. They're staying here until their financial situation demands otherwise.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: October 3, 2010, 06:38:13 pm »
Unfortunately we can't afford to get rid of him.  How depressing is that.
I'd chip in. Serious.

No doubt it's already been said, some serious humble pie being eaten tonight re. the abuse given to some who said he'd drag us down to this level when he was first appointed.

Those expecting him to do the decent thing and resign are in dreamland - he'll cling onto the job by his arthritic opportunistic fingers, so that's another few mill we'll have to add to the debt to get rid of the feckless old duffer.

Someone get Pellegrini on the phone NOW!
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Purple Gorilla

• Anny Roader
« Reply #227 on: October 3, 2010, 06:38:29 pm »
can't see hodgson being in charge for much longer to be honest

Online Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: October 3, 2010, 06:38:37 pm »
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I'm too depressed to trawl through 6 pages.

What length contract is Hodgson on? I think it's 3 years - if so, we can't afford to sack him. And he's so bloody stubborn he won't walk.

The only hope I can see is to install Kenny as some kind of Director of Football, giving him a presence in the dressing room and on the training pitch, hoping that Hodgson will be so insulted he'll walk. If not, maybe Kenny can teach him what it means to be a Liverpool manager, because he sure as hell hasn't got a clue at the moment.
Thank you Jurgen

Offline KSra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #229 on: October 3, 2010, 06:39:12 pm »
Pelligrini would probably love to take this job, looking at the talent that we have.  Reina, Agger, Skrtel (at least on the ball and his pace), Johnson, Meireles, Gerrard, Torres, Joe Cole, Maxi, Pacheco.  Pelligrini would be itching to take the job.
And when he's introduced to Tom, George and Cecil?

Offline lehman_bros

• Anny Roader
« Reply #230 on: October 3, 2010, 06:39:15 pm »
Just heard him say he's not concerned about our league position.

Wake up Roy!

WTF, is it true ?

just fuck off plese roy, the sad thing is we can't afford to sack him ...

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #231 on: October 3, 2010, 06:39:41 pm »
We know the owners are the problem. The previous owner was a problem too as he was a prat who sold us out.

As much as he sold us down the river, he wasn't a problem in the previous 7 years from 2001 onwards when he appointed two managers who won 8 trophies to be fair.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline RedSoul9

• Anny Roader
  • Epic Swindle
« Reply #232 on: October 3, 2010, 06:40:52 pm »
The thing about Liverpool is as Rafa learnt.

If you have the fans your job is safe regardless of your position in the league

We could be out of all the cups and be 20th in the league with 30 points between us and safety but as long as you still have the fans you'll be fine.

Roy lost the fans today. If the fans have no confidence in you then you have to call it a day

Do whats best for the club roy and step aside

the thing about roy is he had to get off to a good start whatever the circumstances, as majority of the fans were undecided at his appointment. It was totally different from when rafa got the job.
When I was going through those moments of uncertainty a lot of fans supported me, saying: 'We want you to stay. But at the end of the day, if you don't, we wish you all the best and we are happy that you have been here.' I am very grateful for that. I am here now, and very happy to be here. There is no other club like Liverpool. - Xabi Alonso

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: October 3, 2010, 06:40:54 pm »
I'd chip in. Serious.

No doubt it's already been said, some serious humble pie being eaten tonight re. the abuse given to some who said he'd drag us down to this level when he was first appointed.

Those expecting him to do the decent thing and resign are in dreamland - he'll cling onto the job by his arthritic opportunistic fingers, so that's another few mill we'll have to add to the debt to get rid of the feckless old duffer.

Someone get Pellegrini on the phone NOW!

Lets not make it personal. Roy isn't the baddie in all this.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #234 on: October 3, 2010, 06:41:02 pm »
Im prepared to give the man time, he needs it to get his game across but that did not do himself any favours.
The players really need to look at themselves. Awful most of them apart from 5 or 6. The rest are just not good enough.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline redstevec

• Main Stander
  • Camina, Camina Con Esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #235 on: October 3, 2010, 06:41:25 pm »
I don't think that anyone has anything original to say on this situation. He was appointed to hold us in a steady position - that's his background and his strength. That lack of positivity and ambition has got through to the players - I have said before at this level of game the telling moments are in the head and our players are mentally off the pace.
Their mental state is probably attributable to two key elements - Hodgson's conservatism and the confused tactical messages he gives them. Add to that he has added average players to the squad - Poulsen and Konchesky take us backwards and that as well adds to the squad's consternation.
He goes out and pays more money than he as ever spent on Meireles and then wants to play him right side of midfield.
We have to continue our fight to displace the owners but please let's not put up with this idiot as our manager any more - it's like waiting for an accident to happen.
Hodgson if you had any decency you would walk now - but you probably won't because you are an old delusional fool.

Online Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #236 on: October 3, 2010, 06:41:55 pm »
Agreed. The same applied last year where 4th place really should have been achievable if the mentality of the players was better. There's only so far you take an argument that says all our ills are down to one man (be it Benitez or Hodgson).

The problems in the boardroom, finance etc...are obviously well known......but that is still no excuse for a manager with those assets at his disposal to fuck it up so completely with the inability to match those assets to whats required on the pitch..

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: October 3, 2010, 06:42:19 pm »

Totally agree.
We are Liverpool Football Club. We dont sack Managers after 2-3 months.
The problems are a lot deeper than tactics the Manager deploys. And I am sticking with what I have said during this bad time, is that the players must hold their heads up and be accounted for abysmal displays on the pitch.
Utimateley the Yanks and the Clubs situation determines things on a bigger picture, however I cant help criticising the mass of Internationals who play for that red shirt.
We are all in a mess... The Club, the players the Manager, and the fans. We should collectively all muck in and sort this mess.
Sacking a Manager at this stage will NOT solve a thing. It WILL make it worse.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #238 on: October 3, 2010, 06:42:52 pm »
a 3 year contract? a fucking 3 year contract for someone who was on a rolling 12 month contract at FULHAM.....

beggars belief.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #239 on: October 3, 2010, 06:42:52 pm »
I always thought new managers were like a breath of fresh air? You always have a great honetmoon period in the first 5-6 games of a new reign. Well, if this is the case, we will be down by easter. Change things and change things now, we're a laughing stock.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.