Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 393810 times)

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #3840 on: November 9, 2016, 11:30:39 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/deUMaYGnnVE&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/deUMaYGnnVE&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

that's changed my mind about the music :lmao
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #3841 on: November 10, 2016, 12:29:32 am »
Didn't care for episode 2 at all. Very boring and the kingdom stuff is cringeworthy, even though the king himself recognises that.

Loved the 3rd episode. I like them character pov ones. Dwight is in a horrible situation.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3842 on: November 10, 2016, 01:10:50 am »
Dwight's a good character. For some reason he reminds me of Christian Bale.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3843 on: November 10, 2016, 08:17:20 am »
Still don't quite understand how folks see it in terms of episodes and their respective 'quality'.

Always a collective for me and can only really be judged as an entity in my view. Clearly, though, most don't seem to agree. Which is fairy snuff.

Still a bit worrying when so many get it so completely fucking wrong though.

;D

I think one can separate the two, one can hate a particular episode and love the season for example.

I enjoyed the episode, like last week it is my type of thing where they really try to explore something, could have done with a recap at the start as I clearly misremembered a few things. Good music too! I do realize they need to do a normal episode next week

Spoiler
I'm preferring Governor to Negan so far but he won't be easy to bring down, the fear he has installed is strong, others love the life he gives them or need what he can ofer, he is a very clever brutal man. There won't be mass defections while he is winning and providing. Was great to get a sense of his operation and to see the capabilities+backstories of Dwight
[close]

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #3844 on: November 10, 2016, 12:49:17 pm »
that's changed my mind about the music :lmao

There we go, timbo, proof S can see reason from time to time ;D
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #3845 on: November 10, 2016, 04:10:53 pm »
There we go, timbo, proof S can see reason from time to time ;D

Ha ha - wonder if he's heard the Barry Manilow bass mix version

;D

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #3846 on: November 14, 2016, 03:35:51 pm »
Negan needs to calm the fuck down with all the bopping and lip licking and shit. Less is more, bro.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3847 on: November 14, 2016, 04:38:56 pm »
Negan needs to calm the fuck down with all the bopping and lip licking and shit. Less is more, bro.
Yep, kind of feel he's being overused. I wish they'd space out his appearances a little more, keep the menace lurking in the shadows.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #3848 on: November 14, 2016, 04:43:54 pm »
Did anyone see Dave Chappelle's recent take on the Walking Dead?  ;D

Unfortunately I have no link...
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3849 on: November 14, 2016, 07:04:30 pm »
Did anyone see Dave Chappelle's recent take on the Walking Dead?  ;D

Unfortunately I have no link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG0wQRsXLi4

Absolute gold if you remember the characters from Chappelle's show.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3850 on: November 14, 2016, 07:05:52 pm »
Really liked Episode 4, especially that Negan/Father Gabriel scene  ;D

Spoilers from the Ep5 preview

Spoiler
Looks like next weeks is breaking the current run of only featuring one set of characters. Looks like it mainly focuses on the Hilltop people vs the Saviours but also had Carl/Enid in it so should see more of Rick's group too
[close]

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3851 on: November 14, 2016, 07:31:19 pm »
Spoiler
Alexandria and the Hilltop combined STILL isn't enough, oh boy I hope Morgan runs into another powerful group with a leader and fighters! ;)

Decent episode, loved that they just burnt all the mattresses, perfect. That snap zoom out with Negan at the gate was hilariously bad though, looked like a Tarantino movie for a moment.

The Governor looks like a pussy right now, i'd be happy if they just offed Rick's group and made the show about Negan
[close]
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3852 on: November 14, 2016, 10:10:05 pm »
Spoiler
effective episode, and all the time rick and negan were onscreen together really worked.

a decent depiction of a brutalised and crushed populace though. couldn't help but think of the palestinians, which is the first time TWD has made me think of anything serious (obviously nothing like the palestinians really, as negan actually left them their food...)
[close]
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3853 on: November 14, 2016, 10:56:19 pm »
Spoiler
Is Negan going to keep doing the intimidating rhetorical monologue thing every single time he's on screen? As its becoming a bit tiresome. I was rolling my eyes by the end of the episode wishing he'd just shut up.

Also I really hope they break out of this, one group - one episode routine they're in. I might be in a minority but the season so far feels like it could have been condensed down to 2 episodes.
[close]
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 11:07:35 pm by Bunter »

Offline Realdidi

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3854 on: November 15, 2016, 08:06:28 am »
Thought it was a great episode again, the tension and feeling of helplessness in ricks camp they have created is brilliant and Daryl character now reminds me of Reek out of GOT. Can't wait for next week!
I love Liverpool like a fat kid love Cake

http://twitter.com/#/AlfaEllis

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #3855 on: November 15, 2016, 10:26:32 am »
Spoiler
effective episode, and all the time rick and negan were onscreen together really worked.

a decent depiction of a brutalised and crushed populace though. couldn't help but think of the palestinians, which is the first time TWD has made me think of anything serious (obviously nothing like the palestinians really, as negan actually left them their food...)
[close]

Ha. Interesting analogy. Not quite the same as you said but a decent starting point.

Spoiler
Full episode the latest one. Both in its duration and the fact they featured the most interesting camps for me as of now. Operation submission goes on and I liked what I mostly saw but as it was mentioned the writers really don't do any favours to Negan.

It's not the actor, it's the writers. They force him to talk THAT way every other sentence. Dragging his words, do a certain voice etc. It's becoming tiresome.
As I said after episode one, I understand it's part of the process to make him badass and fearsome and what not, but too much dose of that and it goes wrong. Needs some balancing.
[close]
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #3856 on: November 15, 2016, 10:31:55 am »
Ha. Interesting analogy. Not quite the same as you said but a decent starting point.

Spoiler
Full episode the latest one. Both in its duration and the fact they featured the most interesting camps for me as of now. Operation submission goes on and I liked what I mostly saw but as it was mentioned the writers really don't do any favours to Negan.

It's not the actor, it's the writers. They force him to talk THAT way every other sentence. Dragging his words, do a certain voice etc. It's becoming tiresome.
As I said after episode one, I understand it's part of the process to make him badass and fearsome and what not, but too much dose of that and it goes wrong. Needs some balancing.
[close]

Absolutely. I was really getting tired of it by the middle of the episode. I like the character a lot, but he's not the fucking Joker.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3857 on: November 15, 2016, 10:44:27 am »
Absolutely. I was really getting tired of it by the middle of the episode. I like the character a lot, but he's not the fucking Joker.

I'm assuming (having NOT read the comic) that he just doesn't translate to TV well.. but yeah, he's becoming a pantomime villain. That's the problem when you go brutal from the off, it's hard for him to keep the menace up and the characters don't feel in as much peril as you become used to his sadism.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 10:46:44 am by Bunter »

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3858 on: November 15, 2016, 01:50:30 pm »

Negan's panto villain act is already boring me senseless. I'd rather listen to Easy Street on repeat than have to endure another one of his tiresome monologues, complete with the actor's scenery chewing, exaggerated body tics and ridiculous speech inflections. For all the long drawn out dialogue he gets you could watch on mute and it wouldn't make a single difference to understanding what's going on. I'm struggling to think of a TV character/acting performance I've been as irritated by.

For the first time ever I'm losing interest in the show.  :(

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3859 on: November 15, 2016, 02:15:04 pm »
Don't get the criticism of Negan.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3860 on: November 15, 2016, 02:25:24 pm »
I'm assuming (having NOT read the comic) that he just doesn't translate to TV well..

having read the comic... (no spoilers in here but just in case anyone doesn't want to read it...):

Spoiler
...i'd agree with you.  the character works much better at conveying menace frame to frame on the page - he doesn't have to do all that odd cutesy bobbing and weaving, for a start.  plus the comic character's deficiencies are somewhat masked by some creative swearing (not quite malcolm tucker levels, but still funny) - the TV version just talks about his (and others') balls a lot.

plus (from memory) the comic draws from an angle that makes him look huge all the time - a giant among men.  the actor isn't really that.
[close]

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3861 on: November 15, 2016, 02:26:24 pm »
Spoiler
Surely Negan is going to find out Maggie isn't dead and she's at the Hilltop and punish the group for lying?
[close]

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3862 on: November 15, 2016, 03:42:56 pm »
Spoiler
Surely Negan is going to find out Maggie isn't dead and she's at the Hilltop and punish the group for lying?
[close]
Spoiler
it will probably work out like that, but it's not like he asked about her right? Rick didn't lie buy not mentioning her i suppose
[close]
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #3863 on: November 15, 2016, 04:55:34 pm »
Thought it was quite boring again. Negan being overused and a lot of brooding from Rick.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #3864 on: November 15, 2016, 05:41:58 pm »
Spoiler
it will probably work out like that, but it's not like he asked about her right? Rick didn't lie buy not mentioning her i suppose
[close]

Spoiler
Not sure if serious? There was a whole scene, he asked about her and they took him to a fake grave and he said it was a shame cos he was going to ask her to go with him, despite caving her husband's head in.
[close]
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3865 on: November 15, 2016, 06:14:43 pm »
Glad I'm not the only one that's getting bored of Negan and his monologues already, I can't believe that whole episode was required to make essentially the same point. We get it, Negan is a nasty, unjust fucker and the group are his bitches. I hope we get some depth to him soon and not just having to put up with this one dimensional camp baddy. After all the hype about this guy, I think I prefer the Guv'nor by a mile. Been a really slow and uninspiring start to the season.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #3866 on: November 15, 2016, 06:23:10 pm »
Glad I'm not the only one that's getting bored of Negan and his monologues already, I can't believe that whole episode was required to make essentially the same point. We get it, Negan is a nasty, unjust fucker and the group are his bitches. I hope we get some depth to him soon and not just having to put up with this one dimensional camp baddy. After all the hype about this guy, I think I prefer the Guv'nor by a mile. Been a really slow and uninspiring start to the season.
Apart from the first episode. That was good.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3867 on: November 15, 2016, 07:06:38 pm »
Thought interaction between Rick and Negan was one of the highlights yesterday.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3868 on: November 15, 2016, 07:31:15 pm »
Apart from the first episode. That was good.

Sorry, that was very good. I suppose I didn't really count it, as it was a conclusion of last season's finale in a way.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #3869 on: November 15, 2016, 07:37:36 pm »
Sorry, that was very good. I suppose I didn't really count it, as it was a conclusion of last season's finale in a way.
True, I totally agree with your point though. It hasn't been great at all since that first episode.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3870 on: November 15, 2016, 07:46:27 pm »
I feel like some people should just stop watching this show, I thought last night's episode had some of the more powerful moments within the last few seasons.

I do worry about its future slightly though, purely because I just don't see where they go with the main characters now.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3871 on: November 15, 2016, 09:01:54 pm »
I feel like some people should just stop watching this show, I thought last night's episode had some of the more powerful moments within the last few seasons.

I do worry about its future slightly though, purely because I just don't see where they go with the main characters now.

Kill them all, it's the only solution ...... except Carol, she can live ... fuck the rest of them though

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3872 on: November 15, 2016, 09:22:57 pm »
Spoiler
I find the Negan character ridiculous. No-one would suffer someone like that, he'd have been killed in his sleep a long time ago. He's demonstrated absolute no discernible leadership skills at all, and is far too in love with the sound of his own voice.

For someone who's supposed to be intelligent he makes some pretty stupid decisions. Burning all the beds in Alexandria makes no sense, as he needs the inhabitants well-rested so they can gather more food.

Likewise taking all the handguns is stupid. The Saviors heavily outnumber the populace of Alexandria, and have all the automatic and semi-automatic weapons. Why risk the lives of people who are working for you?

All the taunting and pettiness serves no purpose at all apart from entertaining Negan, and increasing the chances of his "subjects" rising up against him.
[close]
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Shite Name

• With a post history to match it.
  • Kopite
« Reply #3873 on: November 15, 2016, 09:25:15 pm »
Last nights show was brilliant, Negan was ruthless in it, I can't see why there is all dislike to him.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3874 on: November 15, 2016, 09:57:50 pm »
Spoiler
Not sure if serious? There was a whole scene, he asked about her and they took him to a fake grave and he said it was a shame cos he was going to ask her to go with him, despite caving her husband's head in.
[close]
aaaaaaand now i remember
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3875 on: November 16, 2016, 12:23:37 am »
Don't get the criticism of Negan.
Nor I.

The criticisms, ironically, say that the show has absolutely nailed his character, because that's how he actually is in the comic, only without the cursing. The fact that he's irritating people means his character is spot on. He's a pompous douchbag, that's often very childish, but then he will do something horrific at the drop of a hat without anyone suspecting it, and that's what makes him scary. He's also a bit of an oddball, because he actually harbors moral principles. The show hasn't really touched on that aspect of his nature yet, apart from the scene where he takes the gun off of Rick and points it at Daryl, but then just shoots the gun randomly at a window. Had it hit someone, he'd have just laughed it off and blamed them for standing in the spot where the bullet went.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3876 on: November 16, 2016, 12:28:11 am »
Nor I.

The criticisms, ironically, say that the show has absolutely nailed his character, because that's how he actually is in the comic, only without the cursing. The fact that he's irritating people means his character is spot on. He's a pompous douchbag, that's often very childish, but then he will do something horrific at the drop of a hat without anyone suspecting it, and that's what makes him scary. He's also a bit of an oddball, because he actually harbors moral principles. The show hasn't really touched on that aspect of his nature yet, apart from the scene where he takes the gun off of Rick and points it at Daryl, but then just shoots the gun randomly at a window. Had it hit someone, he'd have just laughed it off and blamed them for standing in the spot where the bullet went.

I think they kinda showed a bit of the moral principle part when he said Dwight could fuck some woman but only if she agreed to it, and when he got mad at his helper for manhandling the fat woman. His moral compass is interesting
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3877 on: November 16, 2016, 04:30:27 am »
This season has been tragic so far. Extremely, extremely boring and slow. I mean I was bored of Negan's slow chatting in the first episode, and by now, it is a fucking torture the same stuff every fucking minute of it.

I do wonder if showmakers tried to watch every episode twice. If they couldn't get through them without fast forwarding, then it probably means it is total shit. This past episode... you know, it really really is one of the worst TV show episodes I have seen in a while. Literally 2 sentence summary is enough for this episode. Truly garbage waste of time.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 04:33:16 am by Xxavi »

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3878 on: November 16, 2016, 05:30:08 am »
if you never enjoyed season 7 episode one then I would defo give up and go watch something else.  Negan put in the best performance of the show so far it was on another level to the rest of the show to date in my opinion.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 05:33:02 am by JLStretton »
choose Life.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #3879 on: November 16, 2016, 08:14:27 am »
Not sure why that was worthy of an extra long episode to be honest.

Feels like after starting with a bang this series has now slowed to a fucking snail's pace.