Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 390833 times)

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #4000 on: November 25, 2016, 09:53:24 am »
YES! That's what I'm talking about  :thumbup  "Korrrrrrrll !!!! Let go my woman Korrrrrll !!!!! Michonne, that's not a sword you're grabbing!"

Great Hentai Manga or whatever is called that one.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #4001 on: November 25, 2016, 10:29:31 am »
Great Hentai Manga or whatever is called that one.

Yeah, "hentai" is Japanese for "pervert," but you can also call them "ecchi"  :wellin :champ :hally :scarf :thumbup
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4002 on: November 25, 2016, 10:34:46 am »
Was only able to watch the latest episode last night so sorry for bringing it back up. After an iffy start, I liked the Hilltop stuff. It wasn't as good as way the Kingdom based stuff and there were irritants
Spoiler
Laying it a bit thick about how Gregory is a bad leader but ok. My real problem is nobody other then Jesus is worthy of leading Hilltop so the two new arrivals should become leader?
[close]
but it went along nicely, there some good scenes and good interactions between the main characters. Trevor was fine.

The problem was the Carl. An explanation for everything ever wrong with the show, it is Carl's fault :P That storyline didn't work for me, the dialogue felt wrong and those scenes just drifted and took me out of the show. I don't think the problem is the idea of Carl's character, that he does stupid things due to his age is fine, that I don't like him isn't an issue but I just don't find him intresting ever and things sag when around him. I was praying this storyline would end fast so we could get onto something more intresting
Spoiler
Enid and Maggie, that was a relationship that had got dropped some time ago when it had potential and wanted to see it given a proper chance to grow.
[close]

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #4003 on: November 26, 2016, 06:02:33 pm »
I find it intriguing the extent of the dislike for Carl.

I'm ambivalent when it comes to the lad. Okay, perhaps, more left handed if I'm honest. But he certainly doesn't bother me at all.

:)

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4004 on: November 27, 2016, 08:26:32 am »
All he needs is a haircut and a personality transplant and he will be popular ;)

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4005 on: November 27, 2016, 02:58:50 pm »
I find it intriguing the extent of the dislike for Carl.

I'm ambivalent when it comes to the lad. Okay, perhaps, more left handed if I'm honest. But he certainly doesn't bother me at all.

:)

I'm sure that the relevance of where he couldn't hit the dartboard will come into play in the near future. It seemed a bit too random.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4006 on: November 28, 2016, 02:01:41 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRljxMsb-30

The uncensored version of Negan's speech, quite cool. Pity American censorship laws are so mental
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #4007 on: November 28, 2016, 04:54:08 pm »
I really don't mind when they focus on one or two characters and don't really advance the overall plot forward, and I thought this episode was a good example of it working. As long as the characters and events are interesting, I'm OK with it, and I thought this one was pretty good.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4008 on: November 28, 2016, 06:06:19 pm »
I thought I had put the Lost series on by mistake for that episode.

Offline Molealdinho_LK

• Anny Roader
  • Killing threads and wrecking heads!
« Reply #4009 on: November 28, 2016, 07:27:44 pm »
Well that was complete shite.

Was like watching an episode of Fear The Walking Dead.

This season has been a massive car crash. They could have filled the first six episodes into two and no one would have batted an eyelid.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4010 on: November 28, 2016, 08:13:34 pm »
I really don't mind when they focus on one or two characters and don't really advance the overall plot forward, and I thought this episode was a good example of it working. As long as the characters and events are interesting, I'm OK with it, and I thought this one was pretty good.

I agree with this. Very enjoyable seeing
Spoiler
another community and hearing their story about the saviours.
[close]

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4011 on: November 28, 2016, 08:41:24 pm »
Uggggggghhh.. kinda the noise I made when I realised it was going to be a Tara episode. Not that it was terrible, just felt a utterly pointless to waste a whole episode on one of the most irritating, poorly acted characters that no one gives a shit about, its painful watching her and worse having her forced on us as this cool/funny character when she's completely lame. Nearly mid season break and it's all been a bit 'and what?' so far.

I'm not buying thats it's 'a purposeful slow build up' or 'setting the scene' as the continuity is ruined by the 1 character - 1 episode style. I've watched plenty of slow burner shows and they at least keep you interested with superb acting/writing or tension.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 09:12:10 pm by Bunter »

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4012 on: November 28, 2016, 10:04:34 pm »
Uggggggghhh.. kinda the noise I made when I realised it was going to be a Tara episode. Not that it was terrible, just felt a utterly pointless to waste a whole episode on one of the most irritating, poorly acted characters that no one gives a shit about, its painful watching her and worse having her forced on us as this cool/funny character when she's completely lame. Nearly mid season break and it's all been a bit 'and what?' so far.

I'm not buying thats it's 'a purposeful slow build up' or 'setting the scene' as the continuity is ruined by the 1 character - 1 episode style. I've watched plenty of slow burner shows and they at least keep you interested with superb acting/writing or tension.

Same, as soon as they got into the "Previously on..." section I knew it was going to be end to end Tara. I understood the hopping around when each episode focused on an important character and location but like others have said, who gives a shit about Tara. The only interesting thing about her is the mystery of how someone gains 50 lb's during an apocalypse.

The little island full of only women and one asshole child (why is every kid on this show a total bellend?) wasn't interesting either, all of these groups tend to be the same.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #4013 on: November 28, 2016, 10:49:00 pm »
Hmmm.....

;D

...must have seemed like a good idea at the time

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4014 on: November 28, 2016, 11:55:52 pm »
The guy playing Heath is the lead character in the 24 reboot so if anybody else is getting Negan'd this season my money would be on him. As for Tara, been expecting her to be offed for a long time now, has pretty much been a glorified extra for about 3 seasons.

Guessing they'll find something important though, must be a reason they were sent out and kept away from all the chaos.

Or he'll just disappear into thin air and never be seen again  ;D

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #4015 on: November 29, 2016, 12:12:03 am »
Same, as soon as they got into the "Previously on..." section I knew it was going to be end to end Tara. I understood the hopping around when each episode focused on an important character and location but like others have said, who gives a shit about Tara. The only interesting thing about her is the mystery of how someone gains 50 lb's during an apocalypse.

The little island full of only women and one asshole child (why is every kid on this show a total bellend?) wasn't interesting either, all of these groups tend to be the same.

The actress being pregnant probably drove her absence.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4016 on: November 29, 2016, 12:37:06 am »
Meh

Spoiler
Thought it could have been cooler if it turned out the people they killed at the Satellite station were those people's men and fighters. And Negan and crew killed the rest as punishment for failing. Found it kinda hard to believe they managed to escape and avoid detection from Negan's vast resources, especially next to clean water and an "unlimited supply" of fish. They're within walking distance of Alexandria at least. Rick and co really should just move on, drive to the next state and find a safer area

It's been so long since anything of note happened, they're really dragging this out. I wish they'd just accept people don't really care about characters like Tara or Carl's bird, and shave some time off, keep them as glorified red shirts in the background
[close]
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 12:41:39 am by Crosby Wych »
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #4017 on: November 29, 2016, 02:00:56 am »
Not as bad as last weeks but still very boring. Skipped bits here and there.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #4018 on: November 29, 2016, 04:55:56 am »
Hmmm.....

;D

...must have seemed like a good idea at the time

:D

i was really intrigued as to how you would torture all logic and common sense to praise that turgid shite.  fair play, timbo, fair play :)

Spoiler
it really was bad... possibly the worst episode of TWD ever (and that's really saying something).  the washed-up non-entity that is tara stumbles upon expositionville, another annoying brat and a bunch of sisters doin' it for themselves.

the only good bit was the mini-landslide, which was pretty cool.  other than that... wow - and they made it a 49-minute episode :lmao :lmao :lmao
[close]
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4019 on: November 29, 2016, 06:11:54 am »
Miles better than some other episodes this season. Still, not THAT great.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #4020 on: November 29, 2016, 09:25:41 am »
:D

i was really intrigued as to how you would torture all logic and common sense to praise that turgid shite.  fair play, timbo, fair play :)

Spoiler
it really was bad... possibly the worst episode of TWD ever (and that's really saying something).  the washed-up non-entity that is tara stumbles upon expositionville, another annoying brat and a bunch of sisters doin' it for themselves.

the only good bit was the mini-landslide, which was pretty cool.  other than that... wow - and they made it a 49-minute episode :lmao :lmao :lmao
[close]

The indefensible cannot be defended....

...or can it?

;)

Spoiler
Nah - as it happens I think you're right about its place in the WD episode pantheon S. Maybe one or two of the Atlanta hospital ones come close but sheesh kebab. It was milk curdlingly bad. I can only assume the writers handed it to one of their kids to do. Bloodyhell.
[close]

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #4021 on: November 29, 2016, 09:39:54 am »
I want that hour of my life back. Fuck me, i thought the other weeks were bad.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #4022 on: November 29, 2016, 09:59:38 am »
I'm not sure what people are expecting to be honest. Surely introducing these groups is building up to a huge battle at the end of the year with The Saviours, we need a bit of back story of these groups so we can at least understand the finale?

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4023 on: November 29, 2016, 10:02:19 am »
I haven't watched it yet, but reading the responses, the word 'clockwork' comes to mind
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4024 on: November 29, 2016, 10:19:04 am »
I stopped watching that episode after 20 mins,every season they have one of these lone character episodes and they are always a bit mundane and slow.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4025 on: November 29, 2016, 10:22:49 am »
Don't see what the problem with the episode was. Not every episode can be a prison battle with the governor or a Negan slaughtering etc

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4026 on: November 29, 2016, 10:24:13 am »
Don't see what the problem with the episode was. Not every episode can be a prison battle with the governor or a Negan slaughtering etc

Exactly, they have to lay the groundwork for those bigger episodes and guessing that is exactly what they are doing as they introduce more groups.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4027 on: November 29, 2016, 10:46:40 am »

Not really what I expect every week. Plenty of shows can build tension and lay the groundwork without making it a total slog for half season before they get to the meat and bones, so to speak. I'm not demanding a zombie army battle every week but it's been grinding on at a snail's pace for the past few weeks.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4028 on: November 29, 2016, 10:51:45 am »
I'm not sure what people are expecting to be honest. Surely introducing these groups is building up to a huge battle at the end of the year with The Saviours, we need a bit of back story of these groups so we can at least understand the finale?

I get that they need to introduce these groups but doing it through a previously unlikable and boring character, spending an entire episode on it and making the new group amazingly uninteresting just wasn't the way to go.

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #4029 on: November 29, 2016, 10:54:05 am »
Would any other character have been able to get close to that group? Seen as though they kill on sight

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #4030 on: November 29, 2016, 11:00:28 am »
Personally, I like that the show is branching out and showing other survivors (victims of The Saviours), only so much so Carl I can take.

Looking forward to the outcome at the end of the season. Once The Saviours are eventually out of the way, then what? Cure/ending? It can't go on forever like

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #4031 on: November 29, 2016, 11:09:38 am »
Should have seen it first than and the the exceptional Westworld. Oh well, it was a bad episode . As it was mentioned before, nobody cares about the said character and to devote a whole episode on her was a massive overkill.

Spoiler
I get they want to show there are other groups that have been decimated by Negan and that may lay the groundwork of a possible union against him but then you go back to the character and the disappointment is there. What Crosby Wych said was exactly what I thought when Tara started talking but unfortunately the writers didn't go along.

Poorly executed scene in the woods at the end imo.
[close]
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4032 on: November 29, 2016, 11:19:59 am »
This season's opinions so far is as polarising as Fidel Castro's passing.

Offline Chavvie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4033 on: November 29, 2016, 11:44:04 am »
I get that they need to introduce these groups but doing it through a previously unlikable and boring character, spending an entire episode on it and making the new group amazingly uninteresting just wasn't the way to go.

How else would you introduce them? The main group was split up and clearly each little sub group has to end up somewhere much like Carol and Morgan at the Kingdom.

Way premature to say this group is 'amazingly uninteresting' as well. They have an obvious motive for teaming up against the saviours and also have the arms to make it a more even contest.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #4034 on: November 29, 2016, 11:50:17 am »
Surely they could introduce the new groups in a more entertaining fashion if they really need to do so? Actually it probably would have been more intriguing had Tara just turned up somewhere with all these women at an important point in the story leaving us to wonder who they are; now that we actually know it's less interesting.

If I never saw Tara again I wouldn't have even remembered her or cared where she had gone, that's a lot to do with the problem too.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4035 on: November 29, 2016, 12:15:41 pm »
In isolation the episode wasn't actually too bad but I would have to side with the majority on this occasion and concur that it was boring largely because it's Tara.

With two episodes left before the mid-season finale, I'd expect it to really get going now. All the knots feel tied, it's just how they choose to progress certain characters' next stage of action.

Offline simpleman

• Doesn't wash his willy
  • Anny Roader
  • Believer
« Reply #4036 on: November 29, 2016, 12:37:10 pm »
Last nights episode....

Spoiler
I must admit when the show started and Tara appeared on the screen I did think to myself "I forgot about her".  I had no idea if she knew what happened to Glen's eyeball not to mention the rest of his head.  In fact I don't recall that last scene she was in. When she mentioned she had a girlfriend to get back to, I was scratching my head to think who that might be.  Even the wobbly head doctor thing didn't make me twig for a while.

However I didn't mind the episode and kind of liked her quirky humour.  It made a change from sullen attitude of most and made the scenes less tense.  Which I must admit I'm pleased to have that little bit of respite.  I'd rather have that then two pubescent teenagers skating around like it's a panty liner advert.  I was waiting for the BodyForm music to start up last week!!

The episode expanded on her character, obviously, and whether she betrays these Amazons we've yet to discover.  If we are learning more about her does that mean she may have a bigger role in the future?  Learning if she has integrity etc. 

I thought it was an okay episode, but like Tara most likely to be forgotten very shortly.
[close]

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #4037 on: November 29, 2016, 01:01:09 pm »

There is the concern that there are too many locations. In not many episodes this season we have had episodes from 5 locations. Whilst no doubt they will all be pulled together in a spectacular finale, the danger is that the set up is too trite.

Also if they are going to branch off to new communities, the story there needs to be interesting, or relevant to the main arc. If it is neither, there will be protests.

They have been ambitious, we will wait to see if they have pulled it off.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #4038 on: November 29, 2016, 01:21:42 pm »

those 'big' episodes full of terrible marksmanship and suddenly silent zombies are probably the worst imo, but i can see why some enjoy them.  my favourite TWD episode was rick and morgan sitting in a room for 45 minutes.  the failure of this season's episodes is that they fail to engage either side.

If I never saw Tara again I wouldn't have even remembered her or cared where she had gone, that's a lot to do with the problem too.

felt exactly the same.  the opening sequence felt like two people i don't care about or recognise rescuing someone else i don't care about or recognise, who turned out to be on a mission with someone else i don't care about or recognise.

too many weak characters, too many identical locations.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4039 on: November 29, 2016, 01:28:10 pm »
Spoiler
pretty weak way to kill of heath to - assuming he is dead as he's the lead in the new 24?
[close]
cyas