Author Topic: Struggling with depression  (Read 629252 times)

Offline rafa4eva

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Struggling with depression
« Reply #4600 on: January 11, 2014, 12:45:22 pm »
I just wanted to thank rawk for this thread, to everyone who has posted in here and took time to articulate their concerns and show such courage to be open and share what is going on in their lives. It's especially inspiring see those who make time to write replies, insight and show support.

I just wanted to say, put very very simply, I have massive trust issues and am going through some of the things fellow posters are going through in this thread...  but I know I'm someone who can be trusted, that I would go out of my way not to hurt someone, that I have and believe in my principles, that I will try and do right by people, I try and take time to understand me rather than get lost in other lives or things to avoid facing this insight,  im very insular and detached but that's ok compared to being In a group of mindless chatter and individuals feeling better about themselves through the pain of others in whatever guise that takes...

I don't know what I'm trying to say other than there are good people out there, the irony is I have trouble accepting that to be honest but reading this thread shows me there are. Being the paranoid I am, I have no idea who is behind the forum names, whether posts are genuine and real, whether posters who reply actually are concerned or post out of morbid enjoyment of others pain,  but sometimes you have to take things as they are and heck, I'm posting and I'm real.

It's finding hope and belief, that's the journey for us all, this thread I think tries to help people on that journey and it's given me a little hope and belief, after stumbling into this thread and I just wanted to say thanks.

I'm sorry for your pain and I wish you all luck on this journey in this strange world we live in, keep fighting the right fight, there are not enough good people in this world !

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4601 on: January 11, 2014, 02:21:36 pm »
Rafa4ever, I hope you don't mind me speaking on behalf of the other people who come on this thread. I'd say that it is made up of people who want help in some form, people who just want to offload but haven't got an audience for it elsewhere, people who just want to share their experiences in the hope that it might help others, and people who maybe aren't suffering from depression but just have a genuine empathy and desire to help others. You've said yourself that while you have trouble trusting others, you can trust yourself. So all I'd ask you to do is trust your own instincts on this thread and the people who come on here. This and the alcohol thread are simultaneously two of the most heartbreaking but genuine threads I've ever come across on any forum and it's full of good, honest, real and genuine people.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline rafa4eva

• Kopite
« Reply #4602 on: January 11, 2014, 02:52:44 pm »
I hear you macca888, appreciate the reply and agree with the points you highlight, I've been greatly touched by some of the posts and replies I've read since I came across this thread.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4603 on: January 11, 2014, 05:09:04 pm »
I would post more but a lot of the time I honestly don't know what to say.  I will say though, I have a lot of friends in real life who suffer terrible depression and trying to help them gives me a lift.  Sometimes it seems easier to help somebody else with their problems rather than tackle your own.

Incidentally, my New Year's resolution was not to drink in January - that just went out the window so if anybody wants to join me for a pint I'm currently in the Old Fort on London Road ;)  I say this because I feel my biggest issue right now is company.  I don't have enough of it.

PS: Posting this from George Takei's facebook  There's a lot of wisdom in here. 

Remember that constantly thinking and talking about your problems reinforces the negative cycle - try to focus on what is good in your life - no matter how small it may appear to be.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 05:18:57 pm by Red Beret »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4604 on: January 12, 2014, 07:46:07 pm »

Remember that constantly thinking and talking about your problems reinforces the negative cycle - try to focus on what is good in your life - no matter how small it may appear to be.
You're coming across much better than a few months ago mate, good on you  :thumbup

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4605 on: January 12, 2014, 08:10:22 pm »
Been to the doctor last week, being referred to the mental health crowd for an ADHD assessment, bit of a mad turn of events.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4606 on: January 13, 2014, 06:58:25 pm »
You're coming across much better than a few months ago mate, good on you  :thumbup

Thanks mate.  Had a horrid bout of paranoia over the weekend but I seem to be over it now.   :)

Popcorn's Art

Offline sparkylfc

• Main Stander
  • growing old is compulsary,growing up is volantry
« Reply #4607 on: January 13, 2014, 08:11:08 pm »
hello, just want to say thanks to all in this thread,i posted once or twice in here regards my own fight with depression
 i'm in a good place at the moment and I put a lot of that down to what iv read in this thread,i don't post much, but I always keep an eye on this thread, I never thought id be were I am today ,so theres always light at the end of that dark place

good luck to you all,hope you get to were you want and deserve to be,happy :wave
I have dislexcia so my grammar and spellin  fookin stinks,soz

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #4608 on: January 15, 2014, 12:24:21 pm »
This perhaps isn't the best place for it, but I'm in need of advice and can't really turn to family or friends on this one. My cousin and I have always been very close friends. She's 16 and a wonderful girl, but lately she's been depressed. She's still at high school and is relentlessly being tortured psychologically by other girls. Bullied basically. And it's led to self-harming incidents and the like. My aunt and uncle know, and have tried to help, but I think they see it more as a cry for attention.

To be honest, that's what I thought it was first too. But the more she opened up about it, the more I realised that it was a kind of release for her, a way of focusing her mind away from the torment to which she's being subjected. She doesn't feel comfortable telling her parents the whole story and she's chosen to confide in me and my Girlfriend, and we agree that we now owe the girl some sort of duty of care. She's a smart, funny, beautiful young girl who has just had her self-esteem and worth crushed by others at her school. She's begged me not to go to her teachers with the issues as she believes it will make things worse. The thing is, she's not some naive kid, she's very mature for her age, and I've made her delete some of her social media presence after some of the things she's showed us. It's beyond bullying, it's like a structure of persistent torment and an attempt to destroy her. And me asking her to spend less time online isn't stopping what's happening when she's in school.

I've seen some shit in my day and taken a few batterings in my time, but it seems worse than ever now, and it's an entire cadre of similar aged girls who are all taking out their petty insecurities on her. I'm fully of the opinion it's all jealousy and spite, but the awful things they've been saying seem to have gotten to her and warped her own sense of self. It's got to the point where my girlfriend is stressed over it too and feels she needs to be in near-permanent contact with her to make sure she doesn't self-harm or worse, because I genuinely believe it's a concern.

She's depressed, and I was wondering if anyone with any sort of experience close to this or even just an outside perspective can offer some advice. It's increasingly concerning me as you read more and more about young girls taking their lives in situations identical to this. And the girls are often similar; pretty, talented and without a nasty bone in their body or the nature to want to hurt people back.

Our options, I think, stand as thus: Try and get her professional help, someone safe to speak to outside of myself and my girlfriend, who are the only people who know the extent of her problems.

Talk to my aunt and uncle and make them truly see what's going on isn't a teenage angst phase and it's serious.

Go to the school and confront authority figures. It may not be my place to do this but someone has to assume responsibility for the girl and protect her.

Try and get her to a new school.

She's depressed, and has one year left. She's doing her GCSEs and like all kids that age, see them as the be all and end all. Her grades have already started to slide because she gets physically ill knowing she has to go back to that place. Add on top of that that my missus is frequently stressed out about it and is a big worrier. Thanks for sticking with the long post, may not be the appropriate place for it, but advice is much appreciated. 
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #4609 on: January 15, 2014, 01:55:48 pm »
Sorry to hear of your troubles Sangria, I wish I had some advice , but I have zero experience dealing with this situation although I do think getting authority figures involved is a good idea. Try stop it as soon as possible.

I hope someone can offer some advice other than that.

Offline MULLENEDWINE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4610 on: January 15, 2014, 02:17:25 pm »
I'm sorry to hear that Sangria. May sound a bit of a silly idea but you could perhaps write down all the positive and negative's down for each possible situation and perhaps brainstorm it with your gf as you both obviously care. Then perhaps think of the best solution to move forward from that. I think if I was in your situation that's probably where I'd start, but there are probably better ways that someone else can advise you. Must be hard fella, I only hope for the best possible outcome for you all.

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4611 on: January 15, 2014, 03:54:20 pm »
If its come to self harm then the only thing you can do is get her out of that environment. Send her to a small school where the environment isn't so aggressive.

What do you mean by "bullying" exactly? You also need to get her to read some stories about people who have gone through the same and become well rounded individuals sharpish.

Make her understand her self worth and esteem is tied only to herself. Also doesn't she have friends? I'm sure she has....ask her to take their help. It's easy to bully one person...whole different game when it's a group.
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4612 on: January 15, 2014, 05:23:24 pm »
Sangria, you have answered a lot of the questions yourself. Speak to her parents. And if they are not willing to raise this with her teachers, perhaps you and your girlfriend can. I would expect the school to be understanding, aware of this type of bullying and have ways of dealing with it. But we all know that is not always the case. Counselling is a must, all schools should have them but if you don't have access to it via that route try and get her to see her GP. Sounds like you and your GF are doing a great job of providing that yourselves. Because of peer pressure, I can imagine that she dreads teachers getting involved and that will only make the bullying a lot worse, but perhaps it could be done in a discrete way. It is incredibly difficult for teenagers around that age to detach themselves from comments made by their peer group, but Flinstone makes a good point about self-worth and esteem coming from within, it is important to keep telling her that their juvenile bullying is more about their insecurities as you said, rather than anything about her and often motivated by envy. I think it is important that an adult intervenes now that it has got to this stage.   
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4613 on: January 15, 2014, 05:26:51 pm »
Our options, I think, stand as thus: Try and get her professional help, someone safe to speak to outside of myself and my girlfriend, who are the only people who know the extent of her problems.
There are certain things where I think it's best to get people who really know their subject to get involved. I had a quick look at bullying/teen bullying helplines, but nothing really stood out (for me). Maybe look to your local council?

You need to persuade her parents to get the head out of their arses listen and understand what their daughter is going through. Sorting this out is their job, not yours. Do this with the consent of your cousin; when she's ready. Let her know that you'll back her up till her parents remember their responsibilities.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4614 on: January 15, 2014, 05:59:58 pm »
Thanks for the responses, it's given me a lot to think about.

As far as 'bullying' goes, I'd actually think that in some ways it's too gentle a term for what she's gone through. I've basically taken the step of removing her presence from all social media because she was getting a lot of horrible, snide messages from girls in her year. Some even went so far as to manipulate photos (very poorly, but the effect was felt) to make her look fat and wrote slurs over pictures of her. I know she's been knocked around a bit at school, nothing seriously threatening from a physical point of view, but I also know that she's constantly harassed and tormented by the same group of girls. The two girls who she thought her best friends basically used information told to them in the strictest confidence as a sort of 'leverage' to make them more popular with the 'popular girls.' So she now feels deserted and betrayed on top of that, and no one is willing to stick with her because of the social pressure and influence exerted by this group of girls. And because it's a mob mentality, it's all directions at all times.

I think I've got a difficult conversation to have with her parents. I think they get the feeling I'm being presumptuous and overstepping my bounds, but if they're not going to give their daughter adequate protection, someone has to. She'll be mortified that I'd broach the subject entirely with them, but there's no other way. I'll discuss it with her then see what approach I need to take with the parents. I'm not sure what the school could viably do as it's about 15 individuals doing the bullying, and I don't know whether they'd feel fit to expel a quarter of the girls in the year. I've got evidence of the awful things they've said and done, if it comes to it.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4615 on: January 15, 2014, 11:33:51 pm »
Thanks for the responses, it's given me a lot to think about.

As far as 'bullying' goes, I'd actually think that in some ways it's too gentle a term for what she's gone through. I've basically taken the step of removing her presence from all social media because she was getting a lot of horrible, snide messages from girls in her year. Some even went so far as to manipulate photos (very poorly, but the effect was felt) to make her look fat and wrote slurs over pictures of her. I know she's been knocked around a bit at school, nothing seriously threatening from a physical point of view, but I also know that she's constantly harassed and tormented by the same group of girls. The two girls who she thought her best friends basically used information told to them in the strictest confidence as a sort of 'leverage' to make them more popular with the 'popular girls.' So she now feels deserted and betrayed on top of that, and no one is willing to stick with her because of the social pressure and influence exerted by this group of girls. And because it's a mob mentality, it's all directions at all times.

I think I've got a difficult conversation to have with her parents. I think they get the feeling I'm being presumptuous and overstepping my bounds, but if they're not going to give their daughter adequate protection, someone has to. She'll be mortified that I'd broach the subject entirely with them, but there's no other way. I'll discuss it with her then see what approach I need to take with the parents. I'm not sure what the school could viably do as it's about 15 individuals doing the bullying, and I don't know whether they'd feel fit to expel a quarter of the girls in the year. I've got evidence of the awful things they've said and done, if it comes to it.

Personally I don't think you should speak to her first. You know that you must tell her parents that she is in real trouble and that they need to intervene. If you speak to her first and she tells you directly that she wants you to leave it then you are left in an impossible situation where you know what you need to do but cannot do it without betraying her confidence.

You and (I assume) your girlfriend are both at an age where you shouldn't be expected to take responsibility for what sounds like a pretty awful situation. And with the very greatest of respect I would advise that with situations as serious as this you need to stay aware of your relative youth and think about whether you should pass the problem on to the 'big adults' who have the maturity and social capital to take the necessary steps to sort the situation out (FWIW I'm 30 and if was in your situation I'd still be looking to the people I still see as 'grown-ups' to take responsibility for sorting it out). You are both doing your level best to support your cousin emotionally but you aren't in a position to take her out of school, and sadly I imagine if you went directly to the school to report the situation you wouldn't get very far - I can't see them doing anything concrete without her parents' involvement.

Practically I guess the one positive is that she is within months of taking her exams and being free of her school. Once she is done with her GCSEs she can get off to college and away from these girls that are making her life a misery. In the meantime perhaps there is the possibility of her staying away from school and studying from home? I'm not sure how easy it is to get permission to home school but it could be a possibility?

I wish you, your girlfriend and most of all your cousin the very best.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 11:44:37 pm by Sammy5IsAlive »

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #4616 on: January 16, 2014, 12:05:42 am »
Struggling tonight. I fractured my elbow on Monday night playing football, and it's possibly linked to that. It's knocked me a little bit sick (I've never broken/fractured anything before) and the medication is quite strong for the pain, although I've only taken a few because of the strength of it. My head is fuzzy, I feel in a bubble. Hopefully it's just a little bit of shock and I'll be fine in a few days.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4617 on: January 16, 2014, 12:12:34 am »
Struggling tonight. I fractured my elbow on Monday night playing football, and it's possibly linked to that. It's knocked me a little bit sick (I've never broken/fractured anything before) and the medication is quite strong for the pain, although I've only taken a few because of the strength of it. My head is fuzzy, I feel in a bubble. Hopefully it's just a little bit of shock and I'll be fine in a few days.
Make sure you eat some yogurt. Strong painkillers can mess up your stomach.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #4618 on: January 16, 2014, 12:17:10 am »
Make sure you eat some yogurt. Strong painkillers can mess up your stomach.

Yeah mate they really have, really bad stomach cramps with it. Made sure I had a good meal and I'll try a yoghurt now, is that to sooth it I guess?

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4619 on: January 16, 2014, 12:20:16 am »
Yeah mate they really have, really bad stomach cramps with it. Made sure I had a good meal and I'll try a yoghurt now, is that to sooth it I guess?
Yep, painkillers strip the lining from your stomach, yogurt will build it back up. Had the same issue when I had me wisdom teeth out.

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4620 on: January 16, 2014, 12:26:16 am »

Remember breaking my ankle and being shocked at the psychological effect the painkilling medication had on me (as you describe-a kind of detachment/apathy). After a couple of weeks I came off them and was back to normal (at least mentally). Hang on in there and you should be fine  :)

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #4621 on: January 16, 2014, 01:00:16 am »
What are the painkillers?
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Online Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #4622 on: January 16, 2014, 01:09:11 am »
What are the painkillers?

Co-Codamol and Naproxen for the swelling - not sure comparatively how strong they are to others but for me, they seem to be knocking me for 6. Co-Codamol always has when I've used it in the past.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #4623 on: January 16, 2014, 01:32:19 am »
Co-Codamol and Naproxen for the swelling - not sure comparatively how strong they are to others but for me, they seem to be knocking me for 6. Co-Codamol always has when I've used it in the past.
Interesting, doesn't do that to me at all, I find it quite mild. Tramadol used to knock me out flat, it still can if I take it when I am tired. I recently had morphine for the first time, that was fucking boss and with gas and air at the same time, I was off my tits.

If you are having a bad reaction tho, ask for something else, perfectly ok to do so, just tell them it has that effect on you and they should try you with something else, probably tramadol.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #4624 on: January 16, 2014, 01:51:36 am »
This perhaps isn't the best place for it, but I'm in need of advice and can't really turn to family or friends on this one. My cousin and I have always been very close friends. She's 16 and a wonderful girl, but lately she's been depressed. She's still at high school and is relentlessly being tortured psychologically by other girls. Bullied basically. And it's led to self-harming incidents and the like. My aunt and uncle know, and have tried to help, but I think they see it more as a cry for attention.

To be honest, that's what I thought it was first too. But the more she opened up about it, the more I realised that it was a kind of release for her, a way of focusing her mind away from the torment to which she's being subjected. She doesn't feel comfortable telling her parents the whole story and she's chosen to confide in me and my Girlfriend, and we agree that we now owe the girl some sort of duty of care. She's a smart, funny, beautiful young girl who has just had her self-esteem and worth crushed by others at her school. She's begged me not to go to her teachers with the issues as she believes it will make things worse. The thing is, she's not some naive kid, she's very mature for her age, and I've made her delete some of her social media presence after some of the things she's showed us. It's beyond bullying, it's like a structure of persistent torment and an attempt to destroy her. And me asking her to spend less time online isn't stopping what's happening when she's in school.

I've seen some shit in my day and taken a few batterings in my time, but it seems worse than ever now, and it's an entire cadre of similar aged girls who are all taking out their petty insecurities on her. I'm fully of the opinion it's all jealousy and spite, but the awful things they've been saying seem to have gotten to her and warped her own sense of self. It's got to the point where my girlfriend is stressed over it too and feels she needs to be in near-permanent contact with her to make sure she doesn't self-harm or worse, because I genuinely believe it's a concern.

She's depressed, and I was wondering if anyone with any sort of experience close to this or even just an outside perspective can offer some advice. It's increasingly concerning me as you read more and more about young girls taking their lives in situations identical to this. And the girls are often similar; pretty, talented and without a nasty bone in their body or the nature to want to hurt people back.

Talk to my aunt and uncle and make them truly see what's going on isn't a teenage angst phase and it's serious.

Go to the school and confront authority figures. It may not be my place to do this but someone has to assume responsibility for the girl and protect her.

Try and get her to a new school.

She's depressed, and has one year left. She's doing her GCSEs and like all kids that age, see them as the be all and end all. Her grades have already started to slide because she gets physically ill knowing she has to go back to that place. Add on top of that that my missus is frequently stressed out about it and is a big worrier. Thanks for sticking with the long post, may not be the appropriate place for it, but advice is much appreciated. 

Only just seen this post mate (I have had a few really bad pain days)....
I have been through this sort of thing myself with my daughter. She was bullied in Primary School and because of my medical problems she became seriously depressed in Comprehensive School bang in the middle of her A Levels. She was also having grief off her teachers....

You need to have a proper sit down chat with your Aunt & Uncle - show them this thread if you need to...
You need to ensure your cousin goes to see her GP and through them arrange counselling sessions for her. My daughter found the sessions invaluable as well as being able to talk to her GP - she was given medication to help her deal with and get over the problems.
You need to arrange a meeting with a senior member of staff at her school. We had spoken to the Head of Year but when that did not help, I demanded and got a meeting with the Headmaster and I put him straight on a few things. The problems with the teachers stopped and my daughter was able to finish her A Levels and get the grades she needed to go to Uni.

To hear my daughter say that she had considered killing herself was absolutely heart-breaking for me to hear and it was even worse knowing that her depression was mainly as a result of my medical problems.
Your cousin needs someone to be there for her, to listen to her and support her and she will need someone strong to help her fight her way back on to an even keel.
Happy to continue by PM if you need to mate....
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4625 on: January 16, 2014, 01:53:26 am »
Yep, painkillers strip the lining from your stomach, yogurt will build it back up. Had the same issue when I had me wisdom teeth out.
;) I am taking painkillers for my abdominal pain  :o ;D
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4626 on: January 16, 2014, 01:58:19 am »
As Mouth says, different pain killers work differently for different people. I could easily take around 14-16 Co-Codamol (30/500 & not 8/500) every day and not feel any relief.
Same applies to Tramadol.
Ask your Doc for some anti-emetics or something like Omeprazole tablets. The anti-emetics will help with the nausea and the Omeprazole will help coat your stomach and should stop the irritation...

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4627 on: January 16, 2014, 08:11:03 am »
Sangria it's your decision but i think you're doing the wrong thing.

Right now due to circumstances she feels helpless and if you 'abuse' her trust despite having good intentions and go to the teacher's etc they could get her peers to shut up and shut down the page etc but there will still be a lot of undercurrents that will affect her badly.

If it's come to cutting you're fighting a lost cause in the short run:

1) Get her out of that environment. It's 2 years till she heads to college, get her confidence,esteem up in that time and put her in a non-aggressive environment for the time being. Maybe a much smaller school maybe even home schooled for a bit.

2) Get her to counseling obv but mate you've only posted snippets and what you've posted is perhaps on the more extreme side but it isn't uncommon. My cousin is 17 and he's shown me some stuff which we just wouldn't have seen a while back.

It seems people react to situations in 3 different ways:

1) They get angry.
2) They don't care.
3) They get depressed. The people who get depressed seem to have a seriously hard time and need to retrain their mind i think.

If she was at least a little confident in who she way she would've shrugged it off when it started and started making fun of them too, or she would've just laughed and when they realized it didn't affect her so much it would've stopped. Lot's more but i think step one is to get her in a small environment for the time being.

Offline Flinstone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4628 on: January 16, 2014, 08:19:27 am »
Also you need to tell her that she is letting them treat her like shit. If she  stands up for herself even once they would certainly think twice before doing anything.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4629 on: January 16, 2014, 09:08:18 am »
DS, it might just be a small step, but suggest having a look at the Childline website to her, and maybe even phoning them. They have a special bullying forum, and one of the good things about it is that it'll at least help her see that she's not alone. It allows her to go online and interact with other people of her own age, and she can discuss her problems with her peers, and maybe even use some of the solutions other people her age have used that have worked for her. She may well have low self esteem, especially with what has been going on in her life. One thing that might help her feel better about that is for her to understand that no matter how low it is now, it is much higher than the girls who can only feel better about themselves by hurting others. No matter how much you feel like twatting them, there's a reason they act the way they do, and in all honesty, they probably need as much, if not more, help than your cousin. That's not your problem though, so you can only help your cousin. But if she alters her mindset about how she feels about them people, it may well make her feel different about her situation.

And I'm sorry for saying it, but her parents are fucking idiots the way they've buried their head in the sand over this. It's a cry for attention? No fucking shit. Well if it was just a cry for attention, it didn't work too well on them, because they've largely ignored it and she's had to turn to you and your girlfriend. Well done to you both for being there for her though. You're a good man, and she's lucky she's got you. All I would echo is that for her own reasons, you two are the people she trusts. So as much as you might want to solve the problem for her, the solution has got to come from her with your assistance or you risk breaking that trust. Be a sounding board for her, not a problem solver.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #4630 on: January 17, 2014, 10:42:27 am »
;) I am taking painkillers for my abdominal pain  :o ;D

Trust you!
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4631 on: January 17, 2014, 01:00:17 pm »
Thankyou for all the advice and responses, it's definitely a big help. I've discussed it with my girlfriend and we're going over after work tonight to talk to her and her parents after that.
And I'm sorry for saying it, but her parents are fucking idiots the way they've buried their head in the sand over this.
No need to be sorry, they're not exactly my favourite people in the world. I've some sympathy for them as they've got problems that I won't go into on here, but they've still been naively ignorant of the whole situation. You're right though, the way they've gone about the whole situation is actually worse than if they couldn't do anything because they didn't know.

And the suggestion I should hand this over to the 'proper adults' is right, and what I've been trying to do. As involved as we want to be, my missus and I are still only really kids ourselves and not in a position to help her as much as she needs. Hopefully they'll be a step towards a more definite resolution tonight.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4632 on: January 18, 2014, 01:04:19 pm »
They stopped my benefit. All of it. ESA, CTax, Housing Benefit.

I have no strength left. I can't do this anymore. I am going to drink myself to death, starting today. I have no intention of seeing my 41st birthday.

If you fancy joining me I would welcome your company. I'll be in Queen's Square Wetherspoons from 2.30pm.  But don't try and talk me out of this. I just want to be with God.

Popcorn's Art

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #4633 on: January 18, 2014, 01:58:37 pm »
I really hope you're not serious there mate.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4634 on: January 18, 2014, 02:59:12 pm »
Trust you!
It is genuinely funny ;D
Pretty much all of my medication has some sort of side effect that complicates its effectiveness ie they all cause abdominal pain or joint pain or nausea or fatigue...

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4635 on: January 18, 2014, 03:00:59 pm »

I have no strength left. I can't do this anymore. I am going to drink myself to death, starting today. I have no intention of seeing my 41st birthday.

If you fancy joining me I would welcome your company. I'll be in Queen's Square Wetherspoons from 2.30pm.  But don't try and talk me out of this. I just want to be with God.
Why have they stopped everything mate?

Please do not just give up mate.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4636 on: January 18, 2014, 03:06:43 pm »

I can't get to town mate but if you can get to Allerton Rd I'll have a pint with you.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #4637 on: January 18, 2014, 04:27:52 pm »
Red Beret this is your lowest point and it gets better from here. Hang in there mate.

And do try and have a pint with John C, I can tell you from first hand experience that he is a lovely bloke who you'll enjoy meeting.

Offline sparkylfc

• Main Stander
  • growing old is compulsary,growing up is volantry
« Reply #4638 on: January 18, 2014, 11:38:17 pm »

Don't let them beat you up Red Beret, Thats what they "TPTB" want,us all on the edge ,good luck with it,hope you get it sorted
I have dislexcia so my grammar and spellin  fookin stinks,soz

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #4639 on: January 19, 2014, 07:28:20 pm »
Red Beret - very pleased to see that you're online.