Author Topic: New stadium when we get new owners?  (Read 89044 times)

Offline Rafas_Barmy_Army

• Legacy Fan
  • Its rainin sideways.
New stadium when we get new owners?
« on: May 30, 2010, 12:27:20 am »
Sorry if this is already been discussed but i have been thinking since i heard hicks reply to David Moores letter, When the club is eventualy sold would you still want the Stadium that was designed essentialy by g&h?

hicks claimed that all the blue prints were ready for the new owners to come in and just build, but in my mind that seems as if they want to leave an even bigger mark on us than just the debt on the club, one which would be standing for hundreds of years.

So i guess my question is would you want the new owners to scrap the plans drawn up by g+h and futher delay the building of a new stadium and go through the planning permission stages OR would you be happy if we just cracked on and built?

Personaly i would prefer to get another new stadium designed and not give g+h any satisfaction that they would be a bigger part in LFC than just in the history books...I hope this makes sense to people
Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: New stadium when we get new owners?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 12:32:41 am »
Don't know. Don't care anymore. I just want those two stupid fucks out of the club.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 12:36:32 am »
Firstly there is no guarantee that new owners will be able to afford to build a new stadium in the short term.
Secondly, the current plans are already over two years old, and were probably conceived up to four years ago. Stadium design itself moves on, and it is highly likely that improvements could now be made which were not possible then.

Any new owners will want to review  the Stanley Park project That would sensibly include  a current cost for the consented 60,000 seater, the comparative costs of building a 70,000 seater now as opposed to upgrading in the future, a redeveloped Anfield, and Groundshare for so long as it is an option. That seems like good business, and common, sense.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 12:49:54 am »
Don't know. Don't care anymore. I just want those two stupid fucks out of the club.

Offline frosty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 01:17:35 am »
must be a new design. No reminder of the yanks please

Offline jonnygeeart

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P L.F.C
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 09:03:46 am »
yes all trace of those yanks must be removed even any seats they have used

Offline RedSam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 09:06:35 am »

Just what I've been thinking. When the bastards have gone I don't want that stadium stood there (I've never liked the design anyway). It will be a great big, permanent reminder of the 2 c*nts.

Offline the3rdman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 09:30:01 am »
so lets spend money having it all redesigned?

Offline lcjpm01

• Kopite
  • Sealed off car park.Whats it all about??
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 10:22:41 am »
I like the football quarter idea. Hopefully the new owners will look at it when they come in 5 years time ;)

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 10:51:07 am »
so lets spend money having it all redesigned?
I think so yes and im sure Alan F will have his say in it aswell and agree, The H&G design always has been poor, ive never liked it

So i would love it if the new owners re-designed it, planning wouldnt be too much of a problem because H&G never had much of a problem re-submitting there design over the parry bowl i think?

It all depends really on the type of new owners we get, they might wanna make a statement much in the same way H&G did or they might just thing we need a more suitable "soccer" stadium

Offline Gromit

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2010, 11:52:58 am »

It all depends really on the type of new owners we get, they might wanna make a statement much in the same way H&G did or they might just thing we need a more suitable "soccer" stadium

I just hope we get something that looks unique like Anfield, Old Trafford, the San Siro, the Camp Nou and all the other iconic stadia.  They're recognisable in their own right, if they were hosting an international match you'd still know it was that ground even without the home team playing.

My personal dislike of the Parrybowl was because it looked generic, much like the new Wembley and the Emirates.  Maybe it's more cost effective that way, but it's a big enough wrench to leave Anfield without moving to somewhere with less character.

Still a bloody big 'if' though with Hicks and Gillette still around.

Offline AlanK

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010, 11:50:47 pm »

Disagree - If that's your attitude should we sell Torres as he was bought with H&G's money? Ultimately, the fact we've had this cancer at our club for 3 years plus can never be erased from the record books and we should take anything positive we can from them being here.
I personally really like the new design and (new sugardaddy owner excluded) the fact we've already spent 50m to get this far means we should plough ahead as soon as possible. A new design and reapplication will set us back another year or two or longer - who knows.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #12 on: June 1, 2010, 12:37:58 am »
keep the design as its all been approved and its the only thing that the 2 clowns have got right!
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #13 on: June 1, 2010, 05:03:39 am »
I don't care who the design came in under. But it's a bit shit and that is all that matter's, nevermind the stewardship of the club.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #14 on: June 1, 2010, 12:53:02 pm »
Disagree - If that's your attitude should we sell Torres as he was bought with H&G's money? Ultimately, the fact we've had this cancer at our club for 3 years plus can never be erased from the record books and we should take anything positive we can from them being here.
I personally really like the new design and (new sugardaddy owner excluded) the fact we've already spent 50m to get this far means we should plough ahead as soon as possible. A new design and reapplication will set us back another year or two or longer - who knows.

But what has the £50 million been spent on? No one actually seems to know. The design and redesign costs were £20 million from what i remember, but where the other £30 million went is questionable.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: June 1, 2010, 05:56:38 pm »
But what has the £50 million been spent on? No one actually seems to know. The design and redesign costs were £20 million from what i remember, but where the other £30 million went is questionable.

I find that cost totally ridiculous. It would be interesting to know how much it cost the F.A to plan Wembley and also the Arsenal with the Emirates!

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Trousers

• All Mouth And...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: June 1, 2010, 06:27:29 pm »
keep the design as its all been approved and its the only thing that the 2 clowns have got right!
It hasn't, a 61,000 all seater stadium has been, but not the 73,000 that we can never afford.
 You'll end up with basically a three sided stadium though.

I'd rather we have something more practical.

« Last Edit: June 1, 2010, 06:32:59 pm by Trousers »
Militant Internet Terrorist.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: June 1, 2010, 06:41:59 pm »
It hasn't, a 61,000 all seater stadium has been, but not the 73,000 that we can never afford.
 You'll end up with basically a three sided stadium though.

I'd rather we have something more practical.

So what is it you would suggest? Spend a further X-amount of millions on yet more plans and spend more time waiting for it to be approved? A constructed 61,000 capacity stadium is better than a set of drawings lying around on an architects desk!

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #18 on: June 1, 2010, 06:44:47 pm »
I would rather see a re-design!
I doubt the new owners would spend £45million on designing and preperation work!

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: June 1, 2010, 06:47:18 pm »
Well if thats the going rate for stadium designs etc then they would have no choice!

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Trousers

• All Mouth And...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: June 1, 2010, 08:25:38 pm »
So what is it you would suggest? Spend a further X-amount of millions on yet more plans and spend more time waiting for it to be approved? A constructed 61,000 capacity stadium is better than a set of drawings lying around on an architects desk!
Well look at your constructed 61,000 stadium.
Are you telling me that's an acceptable stadium for LFC, a stadium with three sides more or less?

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: June 1, 2010, 11:12:03 pm »
Well look at your constructed 61,000 stadium.
Are you telling me that's an acceptable stadium for LFC, a stadium with three sides more or less?

I take it that small section would be for the away support? I personally think the stadium is fantastic despite who we have in charge and who accepted the design on behalf of LFC. The one thing that i thought was taken into careful consideration was the introduction of the Kop. The small end will be extended eventually, i would say within 2-3 seasons after!

Nothing is better than Anfield mate, no matter how big or how smart it will look but its not a bad alternative and if it makes the club money and provides Rafa with transfer spends then surely thats a good thing!
« Last Edit: June 1, 2010, 11:15:27 pm by FitzLFC80 »

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Trousers

• All Mouth And...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: June 2, 2010, 01:34:20 am »
I take it that small section would be for the away support? I personally think the stadium is fantastic despite who we have in charge and who accepted the design on behalf of LFC. The one thing that i thought was taken into careful consideration was the introduction of the Kop. The small end will be extended eventually, i would say within 2-3 seasons after!

Nothing is better than Anfield mate, no matter how big or how smart it will look but its not a bad alternative and if it makes the club money and provides Rafa with transfer spends then surely thats a good thing!

No it won't, because to do so would require the implementation of a traffic management system, the opening up of a derelict line, and at least one station to be built from scratch at Stanley Park Avenue South.

What if 61,000 is enough? Do you really think owners would go through the expense of at least £100m before they even touch on building work extending the stadium?

I agree a new stadium is necessary or at least a radical overhaul of the existing site, but the current design is impractical and would look utterly ridiculous.
« Last Edit: June 2, 2010, 01:37:04 am by Trousers »

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 2, 2010, 11:35:30 am »
No it won't, because to do so would require the implementation of a traffic management system, the opening up of a derelict line, and at least one station to be built from scratch at Stanley Park Avenue South.

What if 61,000 is enough? Do you really think owners would go through the expense of at least £100m before they even touch on building work extending the stadium?

I agree a new stadium is necessary or at least a radical overhaul of the existing site, but the current design is impractical and would look utterly ridiculous.

Dont you think that the surrounding areas have already gone thru' the necessary planning permits for the extension? I personally dont think 61,000 will be enough, 73,000 is a more realistic capacity. This would not have been designed if they thought they couldnt fill it. Just imagine how many people are on the waiting list for a season ticket and, not to mention fans that try and ring up for tickets that are on general sale and then there are all the fans from europe and around the world.

The design is just a matter of taste, some people will love it and some will hate it. If there was any way of extending Anfield then i would be more in favour of staying but we have to move with the times. The majority of fans have been saying for ages that we have been left behind commercially, so this is the step in the right direction in my eyes.

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Trousers

• All Mouth And...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: June 2, 2010, 11:51:13 am »
Dont you think that the surrounding areas have already gone thru' the necessary planning permits for the extension? I personally dont think 61,000 will be enough, 73,000 is a more realistic capacity. This would not have been designed if they thought they couldnt fill it. Just imagine how many people are on the waiting list for a season ticket and, not to mention fans that try and ring up for tickets that are on general sale and then there are all the fans from europe and around the world.

The design is just a matter of taste, some people will love it and some will hate it. If there was any way of extending Anfield then i would be more in favour of staying but we have to move with the times. The majority of fans have been saying for ages that we have been left behind commercially, so this is the step in the right direction in my eyes.

No they haven't, or we would have permission to build a 73,000 stadium, we don't.
As for the season ticket waiting list, not as many as you think are on it and even less that are actually inclined to take them up.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: June 2, 2010, 12:27:06 pm »
No they haven't, or we would have permission to build a 73,000 stadium, we don't.
As for the season ticket waiting list, not as many as you think are on it and even less that are actually inclined to take them up.

I guess under the current ownership i dont blame the fans really. We will just have to see what the future brings in terms of new owners. They might have a different idea altogether on how they want to finance player purchases and/or staduim designs.

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #26 on: June 2, 2010, 03:44:59 pm »
Lets build the 60k first, then worry about expansion!

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: June 7, 2010, 01:06:51 pm »
The yanks are doing a fine job or ensuring that 45 thousand will be more than enough.
If we win, its normal because were Liverpool Football Club
Rafa  25/1/05

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #28 on: June 8, 2010, 06:46:34 am »

Where is this stadium design from?  I don't remember seeing this particular mock up before.
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #29 on: June 8, 2010, 08:08:18 am »
Thats the 61k design, the others are 73k i believe?

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2010, 03:56:00 am »

i was saying the same thing the other day - got a mouthful for my trouble but what the heck..
yep, absolutely no trace left of them if poss
can i have my old name back please?

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2010, 08:33:30 am »
There deisgn isnt that good anyway

Offline incredibleL4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2010, 11:50:34 pm »
Their design is pretty expensive also.  Maybe something a bit more basic works better economically.

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2010, 02:05:46 pm »
it doesn't look it has 3,000 seats behind the goal from looking at it.  i'm sure the whole purpose of a drawing is to be accurate.  less than half of the anfield stand without the top tier.  could you imagine what that would look like if that actually happened at anfield?  cos that's what it's going to look like, even if the other parts of the ground get filled up elsewhere.

take one top row off at a time from the stadium and transfer it over and fill that gap in.
in one respect, the two club crests do look nice and the glass (or without the glass).

they can bring it up to the level of the executive box in the 'centenary' stand AND have some room left over for crests and glass, but they will have to sacrifice the executive boxes.
that anfield road end with executive boxes and seats on top of that reminds me of villa.
or build a fuller stand and take it off from the rest of the seats and either settle at 60k or compromise at 65k.

last year it was estimated around 8,000 ticket applications get rejected every week plus the season ticket waiting list.. what dosn't suprise me one bit and i realised this a long time ago, the more season tickets there are, the less money comes in via the subsidy.  a new stadium will increase the number of adult and child combined tickets for sure.

60k sounds just right. if 65k can be built at lower ticket prices, , but given the travel costs these days which is off putting and a main reason why some supporters don't go. if it's not one thing, it's another

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2010, 08:39:00 am »
60k will be enough to begin with, Just look at Arsenal
but if that design does get built it is gonna look a bit stupid until they decide to add the extra seats to make it a 73k stadium!

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2010, 12:11:12 am »
could end up stuck with the dam thing.

Offline gemkopqueen

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2010, 11:01:14 am »
I've heard rumblings that our new stadium has been included on the 2018 world cup bid.  Not sure how true this is but it begs the question will it be finished then or is it going to be a park match?
Gemzy Wemzy

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2010, 11:14:50 am »
I've heard rumblings that our new stadium has been included on the 2018 world cup bid.  Not sure how true this is but it begs the question will it be finished then or is it going to be a park match?
kick about with jumpers for goal posts and people debating on the size of the goal and the keeper arguing that he jumped the highest he could so it was well over?

Offline gemkopqueen

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2010, 11:15:50 am »
kick about with jumpers for goal posts and people debating on the size of the goal and the keeper arguing that he jumped the highest he could so it was well over?

I'd definately watch that world cup
Gemzy Wemzy

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: August 5, 2010, 05:22:51 pm »
Here is a few stadiums from China that may or may not inspire you

I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I