Author Topic: Liverpool v. Chelsea - 2 May 2010 - KO 13:30  (Read 40668 times)

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
Re: Liverpool v. Chelsea - 2 May 2010 - KO 13:30
« Reply #240 on: May 2, 2010, 01:04:25 am »
To hell with this, Just wandered over to a chelsea forum to see their views on the match tomorrow and seeing their smug posts, to hell with them I want to see us beat them and to see their shitty supporters cry yet again at Anfield.

Manure will win the title sooner or later, that is a fact we have to get used to. And yes I had wanted chelsea to win but I had forgotten their fans are a bunch of twats as well and nothing would be give me more pleasure than to deny them the title. If denying the mancs the title this weekend would be our ultimate pleasure then denying those Chelsea a title is not a bad consolation prize.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #241 on: May 2, 2010, 01:09:24 am »
Am I the only one that thinks even if we win and the Mancs are overjoyed, there's still another twist in the title race?

Nothing is sure this season, for ANYONE.

On the other hand, the one time I wanted Man Utd to beat Everton and they couldnt fuckin well do it, why SHOULD we do them a favour?
« Last Edit: May 2, 2010, 01:11:12 am by jeffiner1892 »
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline Anfield Ed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #242 on: May 2, 2010, 01:14:26 am »
Well seeing as good old dave whelan kisses fergie's ass he will demand his wigan players give chelsea hell for leather!! whilst Stoke is a piss easy game for the mancs. I also expect brucie to roll over for fergie.

So overall I see Wigan playing with more intensity than another team would in that situation because good old dave loves fergie so much. I think Pulis is different but manure will have too much for them.

So yes there could be another twist, but if chelsea win tomorrow/today I expect them to beat wigan just about.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #243 on: May 2, 2010, 01:16:27 am »
Not that, I dont see Wigan beating Chelsea at Stamford Bridge

But I think Darren Bent will have something to prove even if his manager doesnt.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #244 on: May 2, 2010, 01:17:07 am »
Darren Bent has a beach ball in his locker.

He's hiding it from Steve Bruce.

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #245 on: May 2, 2010, 01:21:00 am »
Providing all are fit...

25. Pepe Reina
2. Glen Johnson
4. Alberto Aquilani
5. Daniel Agger
15. Yossi Benayoun
16. Sotirios Kyrgiakos
17. Maxi Rodriguez
20. Javier Mascherano
23. Jamie Carragher (Captain)
24. David Ngog
37. Daniel Pacheco

Subs from:
1. Cavalieri
8. Gerrard
18. Kuyt
27. Degen
28. Plessis
31. El Zhar
40. Ayala
46. Amoo
19. Babel
21. Lucas

But use the oppurtunity to blood and Amoo and give game to time to El Zhar.

Think thats a strong enough starting 11 to make a decent go of it while making it a bit different in a virtual dead duck of a game.
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline Anfield Ed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #246 on: May 2, 2010, 01:21:06 am »
Maybe. I do think if chelsea beat us that the pressure might tell on the mancs and will finally tip them over the edge. I think our game and the result will obviously dictate the mindset that they will have. I think they will brush sunderland aside should we win. However I expect they may crack if chelsea win.

We shall see!

Anyway my team now would be:- Reina, Degen, Krygiakos, Carra, Agger, Maxi, JM, Gerrard, Babel, Pacheco, N'gog

I want to see Degen had a full 90 mins to see what he can do. Other than that the same usually defence. Maxi has to play as he is fresh, I start Gerrard as a CM and Babel on the left. I want to see 90 mins of Pacheco and the more minutes N'gog has the better.
« Last Edit: May 2, 2010, 01:25:07 am by Edward224 »

Offline carl2782

• Main Stander
« Reply #247 on: May 2, 2010, 01:29:13 am »
Gonna be a messy day tomorrow, full hit, last home game of the season - like every season.

Breakfast in Weatherspoon's, couple of pint's, up the match, meet more like minded, a couple more pint's, get in the Kop, take the piss out of each other, support the men who wear the Liver bird upon their chest, hopefully, to a tricky reds win, then out and about till it's impossible to humanly drink anymore.

Any Liverpudlian who want's us to get beat needs to have a close look inside their own mind and have a look at themselves, Jesus, if the Mancs win it because we may beat Chelsea, so fucking what, who gives a shit?

In time they are going to overtake our number anyway, we are miles away, live with it, you can't do anything about it, but support the team.

Liverpool FC

Built by SHANKS.

Destroyed by YANKS.

FAO those who want us to lose ... This is called supporting the team. This is the only way forward. Fuck you.

Offline carl2782

• Main Stander
« Reply #248 on: May 2, 2010, 01:33:02 am »
i don't see how one more defeat will make any difference to what has been the most depressing season most of us has ever endured. people talk about pride? there's very little to be proud about this year anyways. with the bitters messing up today, we'll finish above them, no worries. giving man utd fans the chance to say they are the single most succesful team in england makes my stomach turn. i won't be able to listen to them. i don't want Mr Alex Ferguson to have the satisfaction and i dont think that for one second makes me a bad liverpool fan. in many ways i question liverpool fans who would want us to win tomorrow. i just cant understand it
i hope we lose to be honest.
I think I'll just avoid the game. I want us to win but don't think we will to be honest, it'll take a lot for the lads to pick themselves up after Thursday.

And I think I'll switch my phone off to avoid the abusive texts from Mancs that will come with either result.

My bigger worry is that it'll be the last time we'll see Rafa or others at Anfield.
I'll predict 1-2 to Chelsea.

It's a weird game. We've already qualified for the EL, and the CL is beyond us now.

So if we win, great, sixth place. Woo hoo

If we lose, Man Utd may miss out. Fine

Kinda non-plussed either way.

You all make me sick inside. You care more about texts from your manc 'mates' than the pride and future of this club, and keeping our best players. Grow a spine. These threads are for discussing how to win games, not whether to throw them. If it's going to be about that I wish someone would just lock it. I avoided the site since Thursday so I wouldn't have to read negative fuckwits' bullshit and this is what I come back to.
« Last Edit: May 2, 2010, 01:40:13 am by carl2782 »

Offline Barrowboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sky Sports - It's shite
« Reply #249 on: May 2, 2010, 01:46:22 am »
I respect you're saying but to be frank we have nothing to play for. You're basically saying lets make this our worst ever season by putting in our best performance of the season tomorrow to hand man u the league. Everyone just needs a calm down. For the next 2 games we have nothing to play for for once so lets see what a few young lads can do and see what happens in the title race. Maybe tomorrows a good opportunity for reina to get another run out on the right wing

Is about right. If the players go all out war on Chelsea tomorrow because of the pressure in the media and what that alky old twat has said about pride and glory and all that it won't seem right to me. If we do roll them cockney twats tomorrow I will ask where was the same spirit at Old Trafford and the Emirates and Stamford Bridge etc during the season gone by? If this seasons form is anything to go by we will lose quite comfortably anyhow.

would be quite funny if Pepe did get a run out on the wing though  :)
If Kenny Dalglish cannot influence the team to play with more pride in their shirts for the millions of fans they represent, then what chance does anyone else have?

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #250 on: May 2, 2010, 02:07:10 am »
You all make me sick inside. You care more about texts from your manc 'mates' than the pride and future of this club, and keeping our best players. Grow a spine. These threads are for discussing how to win games, not whether to throw them. If it's going to be about that I wish someone would just lock it. I avoided the site since Thursday so I wouldn't have to read negative fuckwits' bullshit and this is what I come back to.

I said that I hoped we would win but I'm not sure if we can, apart from being in the title race, Chelsea are aiming for 18 out of 18 points in fixtures against the other 3 members of the "Big 4" so they will have plenty of motivation.

And the reason I'm going to avoid it is because I'm still so fucking gutted about Thursday's result that having to watch either Terry or Drogba celebrating on OUR pitch or the Mancs celebrating afterwards would just make me sick.

And like I said, my biggest worry is not the result but the future of our club so don't fuckin dare question my support again.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline carl2782

• Main Stander
« Reply #251 on: May 2, 2010, 02:36:00 am »
Fair enough, just re-read your post and you were the wrong person to be attacking. Taking into account the last line, obviously this part
the pride and future of this club, and keeping our best players
wasn't aimed at you. Was just seeing red at people who actually unashamedly WANT us to lose.

Offline AussieHKRed

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #252 on: May 2, 2010, 04:54:52 am »
Is there still any reason why we shouldn't play the reserve kids?

Offline gomez

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: May 2, 2010, 05:01:21 am »

Because this is Liverpool Football Club and we wont roll over for no c*nt.

Offline Des Equilibrante

• Legacy Fan
  • Ex-pat Pie-Eater
« Reply #254 on: May 2, 2010, 05:02:56 am »
The Liverbird on our chest.
Some say he haunts Rawk threads.

All we know is, he's called Des Equilibrante

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #255 on: May 2, 2010, 05:10:07 am »
I'm not going to pretend I'm desperate for the win, but I'm fucked if I'll be hoping Chelsea get it. I think they will end up being too strong, but I think that would have been the case anyways.

One thing is for certain, if Chelsea win and even one Liverpool fan is seen cheering a Chelsea goal it will make round the clock coverage on SSN and don every one of the back pages on Monday. Even if you want Chelsea to win (ugh) - don't embaress yourselves by celebrating it.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline jammy dodger

• going to make your vagina cry
  • Legacy Fan
  • pass and move.
« Reply #256 on: May 2, 2010, 05:13:40 am »
I don't think anyone would go to the degree of celebrating it. We're liverpool fans first and schadenfreude-mongering voyers a distant second.
"Anything can happen. Danny Ings can happen" - Ellie Goulding

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #257 on: May 2, 2010, 05:16:28 am »
I don't think anyone would go to the degree of celebrating it. We're liverpool fans first and schadenfreude-mongering voyers a distant second.

I hope so. Because if there is one single whopper there later on who celebrate it you can be guarenteed Sly's camera's will be looking for it and we'll never see the end of it.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline MerseysideRedsFan

• Anny Roader
« Reply #258 on: May 2, 2010, 06:30:40 am »
Last game at home, so first and foremost want us to beat the rent boys. Secondly, I don't want Rafa waving to the Kop at the end of the match with tears in his eyes. Normal waving is acceptable but with tears is a complete no no.  :wave
Five days shalt thou labour, as the Bible says. The seventh day is the Lord thy God's. The sixth day is for football.

Offline Hyderabad Red

• Is back... and having an identity crisis.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: May 2, 2010, 06:54:49 am »
I just feel like crying.......

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #260 on: May 2, 2010, 06:54:51 am »
You all make me sick inside. You care more about texts from your manc 'mates' than the pride and future of this club, and keeping our best players. Grow a spine. These threads are for discussing how to win games, not whether to throw them. If it's going to be about that I wish someone would just lock it.

Pretty much my feeling.

Offline Babelmania

• Kopite
« Reply #261 on: May 2, 2010, 07:13:17 am »
Will be interesting to see the lineup.

I just think Chelsea will be more stronger, fresher and more hungry. Obviously. Our players will down in the dumps.

Offline neilinneslfc

• Kopite
« Reply #262 on: May 2, 2010, 07:34:29 am »
Any news on aquilani's injury?

Would like to see almost as strong a team as possible, with the exception of I wouldn't mind seeing ayala and pacheco start.
Lets twat these fuckers!!!!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #263 on: May 2, 2010, 07:50:26 am »
makes for properly gloomy readin this! For me it's gone beyond arguing the toss over what we want to happen. if it is to be rafa's last home game i just hope he gets the send off he deserves for the full 90 and everyone else can piss off. that said i can't help thinking it will be a draw which will be of no use to anyone.

Offline the jesus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #264 on: May 2, 2010, 08:11:56 am »

Given your user name i will give you the benefit of not being aware of the character of the city which is home of the club you support.

"We just stand beside each other, and help each other. And we make sure that what we’re doing, we’re doing correctly"- Kenny

“When you’re lost in a fog you must stick together. Then you don’t get lost. If there’s one secret to Liverpool, that’s it.” - Bob

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #265 on: May 2, 2010, 08:20:17 am »
I wonder if Steve Bruce is struggling with his integrity this morning?...

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: May 2, 2010, 08:41:21 am »
Outside Melwood today, there was a Chelsea fan with a banner saying

"GARY NEVILLE 19 OR MY CHELSEA"

The guys english wasnt the best, but he ran out in front of every player and even got down on his knee's in front of Rafa's car. Bizarre stuff.
;D ;D ;D

Offline gandt

• Kopite
  • just lFC
« Reply #267 on: May 2, 2010, 08:42:10 am »
dont think the results important, what is important is making sure Rafa knows we want him to stay, if there is any doubt in his mind, let him know

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: May 2, 2010, 08:47:42 am »
Is there anyone here who thinks Chelsea have quite a good squad and probably don't need our help to beat us today ?
I'm not too impressed with our team at the moment, especially without Torres.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #269 on: May 2, 2010, 08:48:20 am »
LFC is about winning football games.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: May 2, 2010, 09:44:29 am »
I'm having some trouble wording replies to some of these posts. It's just.. beyond me.

I hope we fucking stuff Chelsea today.

@Yvanicuzz

Offline stjohn65

• Kopite
  • An honest man, though e'r so poor, is King o men
« Reply #271 on: May 2, 2010, 09:53:46 am »
it's dead simple.
i support liverpool so i want us to win. 10 -0.

i support liverpool, so i don't give a flying fuck about gobshites from the kings road or the wrong end of the east lancs.

i support liverpool, so i'm fucking livid about the prospect of losing rafa - if the day is about anything other than the result, it's that - the yanks have brought us to the brink of ruin, and i'm fucked if i'm going to take it quietly.
"The socialism I believe in is everyone working for each other, everyone sharing the rewards. It's the way I see football, the way I see life." Bill Shankly

Offline neilinneslfc

• Kopite
« Reply #272 on: May 2, 2010, 09:56:29 am »
dont think the results important, what is important is making sure Rafa knows we want him to stay, if there is any doubt in his mind, let him know

definately agree with the bit about rafa, we need to convince him to stay incase there's the slightest bit of doubt in his mind. Hope everybody who's going today has been over to the thread started in 2007 about taking all rafa flags today. Somebody bumped it the other day, might just do the same myself. Rafa day at anfield!!!
Lets twat these fuckers!!!!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #273 on: May 2, 2010, 10:02:54 am »
This is going to be a shit, shit, shit, shit day.

Either we lose or the Mancs win the league and we'll probably see the last of the best Manager we've had in twenty years - who is in all likelyhood going to be replaced by a total and utter c*nt that I couldn't bring myself to support or indeed go to the game.

Whatever happens, I think I'll be going straight home afterwards. This is going to turn out to be the worst footballing season I've ever known.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #274 on: May 2, 2010, 10:05:41 am »
It's interesting that all the papers banging on about Liverpool 'having to do the right thing' haven't also targetted Bruce - who is clearly, like McCarthy and others, going to throw the game.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: May 2, 2010, 10:08:47 am »
Hoping for a decent atmosphere tomorrow,lets turn over Chelsea tomorrow(the black cats sharing a draw with the mancs would ease the pain somewhat),I will enjoy the game sitting in the main stand within spitting distance of the yanks.
I hope you practised!
(Nah, SOS said they're not coming.)

Warm your voices up lads and lasses, last home game of the season. Mine is still fucked from Thursday though.

Full support for the team and Rafa!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: May 2, 2010, 10:10:58 am »
I actually think Chelsea will win regardless of whatever effort we put into this game. They have a 100% home and away win record against last seasons big 4 so far and a couple of decent set pieces for them is all that it will probably take.

Plus our players are now already thinking of the world cup or where to go on holiday, so I can only see a Chelsea win.

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: May 2, 2010, 10:11:08 am »
Just looking at the points total and how low it is, the most anybody can get is 86............
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #278 on: May 2, 2010, 10:13:38 am »
Shit,when was the last time we were 7/2 to win at home?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: May 2, 2010, 10:13:47 am »
Just looking at the points total and how low it is, the most anybody can get is 86............

Just another shite thing to add to a bad day...
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.