Author Topic: UEFA Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg: Atlético Madrid 1 - 0 Liverpool (April 22nd 2010)  (Read 105176 times)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Haven't read the whole thread and I'm not going to bother if the last few pages are anything to go by. Not a great performance but a decent result. Win by two goals and we're in the final.

All you negative merchants can fuck off - naming no names so if you think the cap fits it's up to you - it's half time in the tie, we're at home in the second leg, we've got half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses... or something like that.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
yeah nice one Simao but I think Glen would have you for breakfast.

To be fair, Simao is quite hench.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
Lets not kid ourselves. if the mancs were playing in the Europa League, we would be calling it a tin pot trophy, like we have been calling the carling cup a tin pot trophy for the last 2 years.

Why bring them into it ??? its a EUROPEAN trophy for god sake
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
We?

Or you?
One thing I am dying for is a Wembley Final... Anything will do. Beggars cant be choosers in current climates of Modern Footaball.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
Went for a 0-0 and but for an instance where three of our four defenders attempt to occupy the same space we'd have got it.

Reckon we'll have 'em at Anfield.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
Is it a good time to ask about the away goals rule?

What's the problem? There werent any
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Haven't read the whole thread and I'm not going to bother if the last few pages are anything to go by. Not a great performance but a decent result. Win by two goals and we're in the final.

All you negative merchants can fuck off - naming no names so if you think the cap fits it's up to you - it's half time in the tie, we're at home in the second leg, we've got half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses... or something like that.

I think you'll find that we've got four fried chickens :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
Watch the first 20 minutes again mate. Get the counter out. It went downhill from there.

I notice players giving the ball away stupidly because it annoys the shit out of me more than anything. Losing the ball for no reason is shite. I'd have noticed if Masch had given it away as often as Gerrard. They were nowhere near mate.

I dunno, they looked about the same to me. Maybe you were more focused on Gerrard? Or maybe Masch's misplaced passes were a lot more noticeable to me? Who knows. I just think you're being overly harsh on Gerrard.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
Tin pot competition anyway, wasn't tonight only the second time Atletico have won in Europe this season? as for us, we have lost our fair share this season, yet we both sit in a European semi final. No doubt I'll get knocked for this but it is hardly something to brag about unless your Fulham of course.

Now please, crawl back under your rock ...
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
How much of a fucking cheat is reyes by the way?

Never off the flor holding his face/ankle/shin/arse the rest of them were no better. Thank fuck i dont have to go to Spanish games every week and watch a load of fucking tossers screaming in agony after their alice band gets snapped

Fuck off. We'll dick you at Anfield you set of twats

Bunch of placcy benders, the lot of them, can't wait to see that cock Ujfalusi try his hard man charade at Anfield.  I just had this image of being in the front row when Reyes is taking a throw and just jumping and shouting BOO, see the biff jump out of his skin.

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
Attitude is the biggest thing for me, performance wise I still show the respect from previous seasons & I'm willing to give him more chances.

But attitude wise, this seriously needs addressing, I think its having a bad effect on his team mates. The lad is a role model to so many kids, what sort of example is he setting ? If I was Liverpool captain I'd be busting my balls off week in, week out, no matter what the situation. I just think his past reputation has got to his head !
Fair enough. Frustration I think he feels.

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Most of our fans. the spoilt fuckers that are posting on here tonight

fixed it for you

Offline SwedenRed

• Legacy Fan

Now please, crawl back under your rock ...

hahaha PERFECT. Well in!

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
We didn't have the best of games yet again..story of the season...but we have an opportunity to turn it around. Still trying to figure out why Yossi's goal was deemed offside....but anyways, have some faith in the manager and team.

They got us this far haven't they?

This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I dunno, they looked about the same to me. Maybe you were more focused on Gerrard? Or maybe Masch's misplaced passes were a lot more noticeable to me? Who knows. I just think you're being overly harsh on Gerrard.

When you see Masch run 30 yards back to get the ball back after losing it and you compare it with Gerrard's automatic head down giving up attitude, there's nothing harsh about it.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

I am because he's our captain. He's supposed to set an example. He's supposed to be 20 x better than any of our player 'Except Torres' (He certainly gives that impression with his withering looks at his team mates and gob on him sometimes)

Yes. You're right mate.

To put it in a nutshell, I expect our top-paid, best player to play better than he has all season.

I'd love for him to shove my words down my throat and bang 5 goals in, in the next match, he's good enough against this Atletico side (From tonights showing) to make mincemeat of them.

And he should. Hear that Gerrard. Make me look like a twat. If you start playing like you can and should be doing, I'll be the first one being made up with that.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
Didnt you hear Rafa was going to Juve and replaced by SwedenRed? Opinions mate...only opinions. Next time you say anything, I might just say the same then?!

You shouldn't believe everything you read ;)
@ManifoldReasons

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
What's the problem? There werent any

Yeah but if Atletico score an away goal, does it still count double or does the 60 minute rule come into play?

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
Lets not kid ourselves. if the mancs were playing in the Europa League, we would be calling it a tin pot trophy, like we have been calling the carling cup a tin pot trophy for the last 2 years.

I dont agree with the calling the Carling Cup a tin pot trophy, especially as I was always quite affronted to Mancs calling it that before they started giving a damn about it.

But the UEFA Cup is infinitely superior, there are plenty of big sides around Europe who would love to win it, so I think its a bit disrespectful to call it a tin pot.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...

Can we have a 'clueless, exasperatingly moronic comment of the month' competition please?

I'd like to nominate robbie keane's missive quoted by so many of you above for the debut accolade.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm chained up like Mongo here. Typing with my tongue through the bars with a straight jacket and a Hannibal Lecter ski mask. I occasionally go back and gob on the screen cos I have the post open in another window where they guys says "I got bored". ;D

;D

I'll tell you something mate, If I was babe fucking Ruth I'd have ran out of baseball bats on some of the fuckers posting absolute wank on here. Tin pot trophy? Aquilani on the bench again? Blah blah blah. Fuck 'em all Roy!   ;)
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Legacy Fan
To be fair, Simao is quite hench.

What?
Anyway, that episode was awful.  Johnson bounced Simao out of the ground, fair and square, then Simao chases Johnson and gives him a slap.  For some reason, the referee came over to 'split them up and make the peace', rather than deal with the twat and leave Johnson alone as he'd done nothing wrong.

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The thought just dawned on me just how grateful we should be to have such a big game in Europe at this stage of the season, none of the other big English clubs can boast the same thing.

In what has been a shite season we should just be enjoying it, hard to do with that sort of performance granted, but I for one am going to try to look at it with some sort of perspective.

The last time we were at this stage in this competition 9 years ago (ouch that long!) it was an unforgettable night ... 'Oh we loved yer Barca pen'.

Next Thurs could be a very special night!

Offline SwedenRed

• Legacy Fan
Seriously...Anyone of you disrespecting the UEFA Cup is an embarrassment to our Club.

Going to ANY European Final is one proud momentous occasion for ALL our fans and supporters.

So, LEAVE IT OUT... and support someone else.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah but if Atletico score an away goal, does it still count double or does the 60 minute rule come into play?

We would need to score 3....if they score 1 at Anfield...
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
Chill out guys. We WILL DO them at Anfield. They are mediocre. They won't be able to cope with us at home. We're a different team at Anfield.
YWNA

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
Jesus Christ - just read through the whole thread - don't know why I put myself through that -

I for one can't wait for next Thursday - Anfield will be rocking. 

Bring it on
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
The thought just dawned on me just how grateful we should be to have such a big game in Europe at this stage of the season, none of the other big English clubs can boast the same thing.

In what has been a shite season we should just be enjoying it, hard to do with that sort of performance granted, but I for one am going to try to look at it with some sort of perspective.

The last time we were at this stage in this competition 9 years ago (ouch that long!) it was an unforgettable night ... 'Oh we loved yer Barca pen'.

Next Thurs could be a very special night!

I've got the day off after it :)

I predict more 'drunken football watching/singing' and beer. Plenty of beer. Oh. And Curry. Loads of Curry. And more beer.

Still remember when we qualified for the final in 2005 against Chelsea - I only got home at 07:30 in the morning :) Walking home hearing the little birdies cheeping "YEAH!! We're throught to the final"

And in 2001 - got home a day and a half later when we qualified for that final. Beer was present there in many numbers.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
For fuck sake. you spoilt brat!
Why is that? because I dont beleive that the current format reflects what should be a great achievment in a clubs history?

Football has gone crazy, 4th spot is worshipped, the Fa cup devalued and the 2nd chance card in the Europa league is wrong. This is my opinion, you don't have to like it but it does not make me spoilt, quite the opposite actually.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend

9 years...

02/03 aside, you could look at that as a good thing.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan

Drop it Rob, no ones going to bi...  :-X

@ManifoldReasons

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan

look mate everything a team doesnt win is tin pot until they win it or its all they have left

you think arsenal fans will be laughing at us for winning the europa league - will they fuck
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline SwedenRed

• Legacy Fan
You shouldn't believe everything you read ;)
Its an exclusive my friend  :)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Tin pot competition anyway, wasn't tonight only the second time Atletico have won in Europe this season? as for us, we have lost our fair share this season, yet we both sit in a European semi final. No doubt I'll get knocked for this but it is hardly something to brag about unless your Fulham of course.

Your so fucking right mate... look at this pair of no-mark twats kissing the tin-pot cup...

Seriously why not fuck off and watch Chelsea?...

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.

We're a different team at Anfield.

And there lies the most frustrating thing for me.Because apart from Maxi, we're not.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What?
Anyway, that episode was awful.  Johnson bounced Simao out of the ground, fair and square, then Simao chases Johnson and gives him a slap.  For some reason, the referee came over to 'split them up and make the peace', rather than deal with the twat and leave Johnson alone as he'd done nothing wrong.

Should have been a straight red for Simao.

As usual, the inconsistency's.....

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Legacy Fan
Anyway this hurts my eyes, I'm off to watch Runaway Jury, a tale of legal bravado and underhand goings on by two sets of ultra-competetive lawyers and the morally corrupt John Cusack as juror number 9.  Gene Hackman has a goatee in this one, which means he's sharp, and up-to-date, furthering his image as a savvy lawyer.

hoonin

Most of our fans.

And you know "most" fans do you?

Offline Mike Doyle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Seriously...Anyone of you disrespecting the UEFA Cup is an embarrassment to our Club.

Going to ANY European Final is one proud momentous occasion for ALL our fans and supporters.

So, LEAVE IT OUT... and support someone else.

Agreed 100%, a final is a final and a trophy is a trophy. For all the fickle fans who only want to be with us when the times are good, they are an embarrassment. If we win this trophy, I'll embrace it like any other. Were Liverpool Football Club and winning trophies was what we are designed to do !

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Why is that? because I dont beleive that the current format reflects what should be a great achievment in a clubs history?

Football has gone crazy, 4th spot is worshipped, the Fa cup devalued and the 2nd chance card in the Europa league is wrong. This is my opinion, you don't have to like it but it does not make me spoilt, quite the opposite actually.

Well. If we win it don't you DARE post ANYTHING EVER about being happy about it.

Just log off. Turn the lights off. Get a glass of water and sit staring at a darkened wall going "MEH MEH MEH MEH MEH meh meh meh meh meh bleat moan whine meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh MEH!! MEH!! MEH!!"

And you'll make more sense.