Author Topic: The Concerts and Festivals Thread!  (Read 124368 times)

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
Re: The Concerts and Festivals Thread!
« Reply #1160 on: October 3, 2023, 12:19:02 pm »
They are trying to build a "Sphere" in Stratford (London) as well, but unsurprisingly it seems to be stuck in planning hell

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1161 on: October 4, 2023, 02:03:21 pm »
Got tickets today for The Gaslight Anthem next march in Manchester
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1162 on: October 4, 2023, 03:50:38 pm »
Saw Datarock play their first official gig in this country for over a decade over the weekend, an album release show in the basement of Jack White's record shop in Soho. They were brilliant. Amazing to think a band with so many tunes, that look so good and have so much charisma can still be practically unknown, but there you go.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #1163 on: October 4, 2023, 11:57:03 pm »
Goin to Rival Sons in manchester in 2 weeks. Not been this excited in years to see a band live

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #1164 on: October 6, 2023, 12:16:48 pm »
Went to New Order at The Hydro is Glasgow last night. Probably the best I’ve seen them. Good mix of songs (incl an all Joy Division encore), excellent sound (bass going right through you) and light show. They’d be a great shout as a Glastonbury headliner. Crowd (mostly greyhairs like me) seemed a little muted, but well up for the dancy numbers.

My favourites were their reworking of Isolation, Your Silent Face, Ceremony, Plastic & Temptation.

Set list:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/new-order/2023/the-ovo-hydro-glasgow-scotland-ba331e2.html
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1165 on: October 6, 2023, 12:18:55 pm »
They’d be a great shout as a Glastonbury headliner.

I'd love this
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1166 on: October 6, 2023, 08:49:39 pm »
Pigs pigs pigs pigs pigs pigs pigs at the forum in Kentish Town.

Not been to a gig in ages, really looking forward to this.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #1167 on: October 13, 2023, 09:04:54 am »
Went to see The Waterboys at the Philharmonic this week, absolutely superb. My first time in the Phil as well, loved it in there, really atmospheric.

My mate got us backstage passes so got to have a chat with Mike Scott and the rest of the band, even Pete Wylie dropped in. I was pretty star struck to be honest!
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1168 on: October 13, 2023, 03:37:34 pm »
Rival Sons at the Camden Roundhouse tonight

Ready to rock muthafuckers

Excited. Much.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #1169 on: October 13, 2023, 06:10:24 pm »
Christone 'Kingfish' Ingram at Brooklyn Bowl drew a big crowd for a Thursday night.

Decent chops for 24 yrs old. 8)
Kill the humourless

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1170 on: October 13, 2023, 07:13:59 pm »
If anyone goes to see Madonna tomorrow night please give us feedback, I'd be really interested to know what it was like.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1171 on: October 15, 2023, 01:07:51 am »
Saw The Reytons last night.    They are a great live band.    The support The Ks weren’t bad either!

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #1172 on: October 16, 2023, 07:44:00 am »
Cara Dillon at the Music Room in the Phil. She has the most beautiful voice - played most of her forthcoming album.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #1173 on: October 16, 2023, 09:16:58 pm »
If anyone goes to see Madonna tomorrow night please give us feedback, I'd be really interested to know what it was like.

Went to opening night. She was incredible. On top form in every aspect. Had some technical issues in the first 15 mins but she didn’t let it affect the enjoyment.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1174 on: October 17, 2023, 08:37:16 pm »
Went to opening night. She was incredible. On top form in every aspect. Had some technical issues in the first 15 mins but she didn’t let it affect the enjoyment.
Ah thanks for letting us know mate. I'm glad to hear it went well, it would be such a disappointment and a shame if this tour wasn't a success for her & everyone.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #1175 on: October 17, 2023, 10:25:06 pm »
She truly is a global superstar.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1176 on: October 17, 2023, 11:14:51 pm »
Smashing Pumpkins touring Ireland and the UK next summer with Weezer, gonna get tickets in the pre sale tomorrow

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1177 on: October 18, 2023, 12:26:10 pm »
Smashing Pumpkins touring Ireland and the UK next summer with Weezer, gonna get tickets in the pre sale tomorrow

£75 for standing.   £10 booking fees.  Ffs they are taking the piss now

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1178 on: October 19, 2023, 02:54:59 pm »
£75 for standing.   £10 booking fees.  Ffs they are taking the piss now
Yeah very disappointed with the prices, did you look at the VIP packages?, they start at around £200 and go up to over £500, Billy Corgan or Rivers Cuomo can't be that short of money, if they announce a European Tour I might just fly somewhere else to see them, as we're getting the piss taken out of us in Ireland and the UK now for gigs and concerts.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1179 on: October 19, 2023, 03:57:55 pm »
Is that the going rate for a big act/large venue these days? Very prohibitive.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #1180 on: October 19, 2023, 05:23:33 pm »

Cheap compared to some, to be brutally honest

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #1181 on: October 19, 2023, 08:03:22 pm »
Saw Rival Sons last night with a few mates and nephew. Was boss. Couple of lads were meant to be meeting us  who didnt show (Mates of nephew ive never met). On train back this morning at half 9 from Manchester all buzzing about the night when nephew gets phone call from 3 mates telling him his mates dead (One of the lads who was meant to be meeting us). Died in a traffic accident 7.30 this morning . If hed have turned up to the gig hedve been on that train this morning with us

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1182 on: October 19, 2023, 08:32:11 pm »
Sad news that capon. Proper sliding doors.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1183 on: October 19, 2023, 09:23:40 pm »
Ah Capon mate, sorry to hear that.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #1184 on: October 19, 2023, 09:42:30 pm »
Cheers lads but i didnt know him. My nephew and mates in pieces obviously so its them im gutted for and the poor lads family.

Weird thing is i cant get out me head how if hedve come things wouldve been different.

Nephews text and said him an a loada the lads mates n that met up so theyre trying to help the lads wife and little kid which is good.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 09:44:07 pm by Capon Debaser »

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1185 on: October 19, 2023, 10:02:49 pm »
Sorry to hear that Capon, must have been a horrible shock for your nephew and mate.

Glad you enjoyed the Rival Sons,  I’m seeing them again tomorrow night in Cambridge, hope they’re as good as last week

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #1186 on: October 19, 2023, 10:32:44 pm »
Sorry to hear that Capon, must have been a horrible shock for your nephew and mate.

Glad you enjoyed the Rival Sons,  I’m seeing them again tomorrow night in Cambridge, hope they’re as good as last week
Yea it was and thanks  ;)

Was ya last gig good? Guessing so. ;D

Only complaint was they didnt play 'Too Bad' as was a lot of peoples. from grumblings i heard ( an talking to people) plus shouts from the crowd at a couple of quiet moments

Love the sound from the academy though. Always have. A lad i know used to be the sound guy there. Just wish he was there last night as he mightve introduced us all

Enjoy ya night mate
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 10:34:36 pm by Capon Debaser »

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1187 on: October 19, 2023, 11:03:23 pm »
Yea it was and thanks  ;)

Was ya last gig good? Guessing so. ;D

Only complaint was they didnt play 'Too Bad' as was a lot of peoples. from grumblings i heard ( an talking to people) plus shouts from the crowd at a couple of quiet moments

Love the sound from the academy though. Always have. A lad i know used to be the sound guy there. Just wish he was there last night as he mightve introduced us all

Enjoy ya night mate

Cheers mate

Ha so weird just been listening to Too Bad. It’s a belter.

Looks like they’ve been mixing up the setlist so far this tour, they’ve played it a couple of times, so maybe we get lucky tomorrow. New record out tomorrow so wonder if they may debut a few more from that, although there’s only 6 tracks.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #1188 on: October 19, 2023, 11:25:44 pm »
Cheers mate

Ha so weird just been listening to Too Bad. It’s a belter.

Looks like they’ve been mixing up the setlist so far this tour, they’ve played it a couple of times, so maybe we get lucky tomorrow. New record out tomorrow so wonder if they may debut a few more from that, although there’s only 6 tracks.

Yeah it is (Too Bad) and hopefully eh

Played a couple of new tracks from the new stuff cos Jay went on aboot it for ages in build up. Were good like but cant remember names

Just boss though start to finish. Sound quality was up there with best ive heard. Even the drums properly kicked as most times can come across tinny an lacking depth live  when watching bands

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #1189 on: October 20, 2023, 12:06:51 pm »
Funnily enough, only a few days ago got an email saying Cypress Hill were on tour. The link took me to an Ice Cube gig playing in Manchester. The tickets in the link were £258 each!! Fucking ridiculous

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #1190 on: October 20, 2023, 12:12:27 pm »
Just looked again an that was for Champagne experience lol

Cheapest though are 60 odd quid. Fuck that. Couldn’t be arsed

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #1191 on: October 21, 2023, 08:11:15 am »
Can’t think of anyone I’d pay £250+ to go see, even if they sat me on the stage with them and took me for a steak dinner first. Paid £4 to see The Clash, £7 to see Public Enemy, Eric B and Rakim and Run DMC on one bill, £20 to see Kraftwerk, BAD , PE again and U2 all together in gmex. The true greats have had their moments and are now museum pieces, the newer breed are all part of the surge towards the £100 plus ticket - in a fucking big stadium with 10-50,000 others.
I am most excited to see The Inspector Cluzo at Night and Day In Manchester next month, truly amazing live band could not recommend them highly enough, at £15 a ticket.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1192 on: October 21, 2023, 09:26:31 am »
Can’t think of anyone I’d pay £250+ to go see, even if they sat me on the stage with them and took me for a steak dinner first. Paid £4 to see The Clash, £7 to see Public Enemy, Eric B and Rakim and Run DMC on one bill, £20 to see Kraftwerk, BAD , PE again and U2 all together in gmex. The true greats have had their moments and are now museum pieces, the newer breed are all part of the surge towards the £100 plus ticket - in a fucking big stadium with 10-50,000 others.
I am most excited to see The Inspector Cluzo at Night and Day In Manchester next month, truly amazing live band could not recommend them highly enough, at £15 a ticket.
We considered going to see Pearl Jam in London in the summer, the ticket price?, £130 or so, shameless and shameful.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1193 on: October 21, 2023, 07:26:09 pm »
Concerts / theatre all those sorts of things seem to be way ahead of inflation. Some of it I'm sure is trying to rebuild the finances after covid.  £20 to see the Taylor swift film is perhaps the biggest money maker going. I could maybe justify it if it were a live stream to give the fans a being there experience, but a film?   Though I suppose, in reality little difference with a live stream .
I'm wavering over abba voyage tickets too. They seem to be about £100.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1194 on: October 21, 2023, 11:24:15 pm »
Yeah it is (Too Bad) and hopefully eh

Played a couple of new tracks from the new stuff cos Jay went on aboot it for ages in build up. Were good like but cant remember names

Just boss though start to finish. Sound quality was up there with best ive heard. Even the drums properly kicked as most times can come across tinny an lacking depth live  when watching bands
We didn’t get Too Bad, but they did play the new record start to finish in the middle of the set which was pretty special. Just don’t understand how he can sing like that night after night - unreal. Seriously great live band

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1195 on: October 22, 2023, 01:55:50 am »
We considered going to see Pearl Jam in London in the summer, the ticket price?, £130 or so, shameless and shameful.

Surprised at the Pearl Jam pricing. They railed against the ticketing companies decades ago. It must be a genuine cost of putting the price of concerts these days. I know insurance is a massive component as evidenced by some acts skipping Ireland completely due to the outlay.

Pearl Jam are also advocating 'all-in-pricing' which means no additional costs or surge pricing like what's happened with the current US Springsteen tour.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1196 on: October 22, 2023, 04:57:50 pm »

Seems to be in Arenas now £75 for standing, either before or after fees.

New Order was 65 but with fees 75 and Liam Gallagher was 75 and with fees around 85.

Really expensive now going to Arena gigs, sometimes it's cheaper standing than it is sitting at the back.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #1197 on: October 22, 2023, 11:25:03 pm »
Just back from The Pretenders at Content in Liverpool, while we’re on pricing- £31 with the new CD thrown in , so great value. At 70+ Chrissy Hynde still sounds like she did in the 80s if just a little less powerful, many favourite songs played alongside the newbies and the band were real strong too.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #1198 on: October 23, 2023, 01:50:07 pm »
We didn’t get Too Bad, but they did play the new record start to finish in the middle of the set which was pretty special. Just don’t understand how he can sing like that night after night - unreal. Seriously great live band
;D Haha He was one song in when I saw him an thought the exact same thing cos whatever song it was he was proper belting it out like he does at the end of Too Bad. Then to do that for close to 2 hours every 2 or 3 nights is something else.

Doc Holidays boss an all in his Confederate Uniform and Stetson with beaded trim that I think lit up as did his mic  ;D

« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 01:52:32 pm by Capon Debaser »

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1199 on: October 23, 2023, 02:38:27 pm »
Bought 2 tickets for Rammstein in the "Firezone" at Marseilles (got lucky).  2 Lads in Mid 50's in the mosh pit - should be fun.  At least we have 24 hours to recover on the Sunday. 

Anyone know any good boozers etc would be appreciated - staying in the south side of the vieux port with views over it