Author Topic: Eastenders  (Read 10124 times)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Eastenders
« on: January 15, 2010, 08:42:32 am »
Don't usually watch this but what the hell has happened to this show....? Yesterday they had for the first couple of mins just music whilst the cast did various things... it was like an older version of Hollyoaks... the show has declined or what?!

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
Re: Eastenders
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 10:12:27 pm »
pat was on the floor earlier and they were massaging her chest.
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 11:09:58 pm »
Don't think it's declined to be honest, it's always been shite.

pat was on the floor earlier and they were massaging her chest.

:o

Did she have them out?

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 12:26:46 am »
Needs more

Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 11:28:14 am »
it's an absolute load of shite.

who killed archie? who gives a fuck? my money's on the knitted character.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 11:30:12 am »
it's an absolute load of shite.

who killed archie? who gives a fuck? my money's on the knitted character.

:D

Yet they are trying to put together a story that Ian and fucking Bradley could be suspects ::)

Offline bigbosh69

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 11:42:32 am »
The thing that gets me is that, when walking through the newsagents all the womens and tv mags constantly have the Ginger/Slapper "Will they won't they" on the cover and have done continuously for years.

How can people watch literally the same story happen over and over again?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 11:44:32 am »
Great point... I'd forgot all bout that... it is regurgitated clap trap... Don't watch Coronation St either but the parts of it I have seen, it is of a higher quality

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 11:57:28 am »
The thing that gets me is that, when walking through the newsagents all the womens and tv mags constantly have the Ginger/Slapper "Will they won't they" on the cover and have done continuously for years.

How can people watch literally the same story happen over and over again?

it's right. it's the same old shit. somebody dies, everybody rules themself in as a suspect. elsewhere somebody yells at somebody else, who then breaks down in a corner and cries. meanwhile, nobody in the entire square has still managed to buy a washing machine yet and max continues to swan around on his phone, even though nobody has ever seen him do a day's work.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 12:04:53 pm »
They should send out subliminal messages throughout Eastenders/Corrie/Hollyoaks/Emmerdale that makes everybody watching it go out into their kitchen, open the draw, pull out the sharpest knife they can find and slice their own throats open.

It would make the world a better place.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 12:05:14 pm »
Apparently we find out who the killer is in a special 25th Anniversary Live episode, where the actor is told only ten minutes before it airs.

And apparently Bradley is going to kill himself as well.

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 12:12:49 pm »
They should send out subliminal messages throughout Eastenders/Corrie/Hollyoaks/Emmerdale that makes everybody watching it go out into their kitchen, open the draw, pull out the sharpest knife they can find and slice their own throats open.

Might lose a few family members.. but fuck it!

Used to watch it years ago, now I look back and think what the hell? Stupid story lines, repeated over and over. Must have the highest murder rate, rape and assault figures this side of Europe. It's kept many a "Z list celebrity" employed over the years. Time to do away with that Corrie and the rest. Shite!

Offline pascoli

• Shit Googler & Easily Amused Bar Steward...
  • Legacy Fan
  • PER ARDUA AD ASTRA
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 01:14:37 pm »
Apparently we find out who the killer is in a special 25th Anniversary Live episode, where the actor is told only ten minutes before it airs.

A live episode eh. Lets hope nothing goes disastrously wrong. ;)
INTERNET TERRORIST. AND PROUD TOO.

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 01:23:58 pm »
I can't stand this show, everytime I see it it's just cockneys shouting at each other, its very very annoying. And they're all gangsters or criminals but it's ok cos they laaaave their old ma...utter bollocks.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline lfcss

• dull
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 04:11:19 pm »
dont forget the perpetual 'sort it out' catchphrase of Phil/Peggy
If there's a Mrs Skrtel she probably has to wear shinpads to bed.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010, 05:51:27 pm »

Offline liverbird_soph

• Fitter than Megan Fox and Angelina Jolie
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 09:54:30 am »
Sorry to buck the trend, but I love it. Did my head in until about a year ago and since then I've been hooked. Coronation Street is better at forming rounded characters from the bits I've seen, but EE is better at building storylines and the actual dialogue of important scenes....imo. All soaps rehash storylines, it's a 4/5 episodes a week, 52 weeks a year output!! Sometimes it gets boring, but other times includes good twists.

You're likely to find it much more boring if you just flick on having not actually followed the build up!!

The one thing I actually respect about the programme is the fact it is brave enough to take on controversial and challenging storylines. Contrary to popular belief, it's not just done for ratings. Charities get involved and actually ask soaps to cover certain things. Thankfully EE tend to research properly. Since the paedophilia storyline there has been a spike in Childline calls, as people recognised the situation of the character and came forward to say that the same thing was happening to them. Since the Bi Polar storyline, the amount of Bi Polar diagnoses has doubled in this country. The domestic abuse storyine years ago had a massive impact as well.

They do shout way too much though and thankfully someoone saw sense and stopped the gangster crap.

I better hope for my sake that your subliminal messages never happen Garstonite! Will put on a tin hat and wait for abuse over my support for EE!! :)
Above all else comes truth & justice.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 05:14:34 pm »

Wtf.... really?

Offline grifter

• Merderer on the Orient Express. The Brian Sewell of RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 06:20:35 pm »
The Eastend , a world where The Vic's landlord knows you have raped and shagged his 'pwincess' daughter up the arse , is certain you tied up and gagged his wife then proceeded to bludgeon her about the head with a Morphy Richards iron before picking his safe and stealing the takings from the arches , is aware you groomed and bummed his son , is conviced you planted a gun and 'dwugs' in The Vic just before the 'ole bill' arrived , is satisfied it was you who pierced his new coffee jar lid with your cock , is in no doubt you left the immersion on all fuckin day ..... yet you can still get served a pint in his ale house ?

The landlord slamming your change on the bar is the only hostility you'll recieve never mind being barred , maybe a few daggers from the regulars perhaps ? In fact you can taunt the landlord who's life you've ruined by leaning against the bar sniggering at him while cuddling your pint only for a few locals to grunt at the landlord ' leave it .. he's not worf it '  Then when you leave it's mandatory for someone in the pub to utter ' The nerve ..he's gottit cammin he has , make no mistake '

Once Peggy hears you've been in for a bevie you're fucked. It's obligatory she clears everyone out the pub early and locks up ' Go on ..haven't yer got homes to go to ' Then screws her face up and states menacingly ' Wait twill Gwarnt n Phil ear abar dis '  She's then staight on the 'dog n bone ' to Phil .... then the door opens .... and out of the blue in wanders Gwarnt wearing the only facial expresion he's capable of wearing , confused / angry. Doubtless confused as to why he still wears leather bomber jackets several sizes too small the portly dense fuckin twat. The telepathic gobshite always turning up when his mum is in ' a spot a bover'  whodda fought!

' Everyfins ok mum ..I'm here now. Gerron the blower , get Phil darn ere '

Why what's he going to do Gwarnt ? Fuckin pummel me with his inhaler the fat wheezing c*nt.

' Gwarnt son , werve yer bin , last we herd you were racing ostritches in Mozambique and had shacked up wiv the gwandaughter of the inventa of the clockwork wadio , wasis name..Twevor Bayliss, an he wanted you to invest all yer savings in a bloomin injector seat or sumink , you tell im that I'm not lettin you go near no ejector bleedin seat , jetisoned fwom a cockpit a twenny farzand feet , well it aint right is it lav , for goodness sake.  Anyway , how ave yer bin son ? '

Ohh fuck off.

Enter random stranger / down-and-out / drifter / tramp. Most normal people if approached by a weird outsider would fuck em right off. Not the good old Eastend though. It is binding that the constant arrival of complete strangers are immediately given a room upstairs in The Vic and offered a job in The Arches ( start in the morning ) Fortunate for Phil the strangers are often ex F1 Maclaren mechanics before they decided to wander the streets of Walford stinking of piss. Consequently the new mechanic / car-lot owner will punch above his weight by goosing a more attractive cast member and later realise and feel compelled to confess in a Christmas episode to being her father , or accidentaly running her over , or accidentaly shooting her.

Oddly all denizens of Walford appear to be able to phone their solicitor ( bweef ) any time of fuckin day for the most innocuous events without even considering the chiseling bastards probably demanding the going rate of £170.00 p/h. Very bizzare bearing in mind the cockney c*nts are always skint and living in dingy shitholes.

Least memorable for me was Sonia's girl-on-girl escapade , put me off lezzers for life. I was content throwing meself around the bedroom after leering over 46 year old women dressed as cheerleaders shoving their twirling batons up each others fannies until I witnessed that special faced lisping boss eyed goon kissing another woman. I emailed my objection to the BBC. Weighing up the cost of the TV licence and that filming an episode that featured a woman who drinks from both taps could they not have splurged more money on a more attractive / slimmer non lisping actress in Eastenders instead of that bowl headed, corpulent, fried egg titted, fat arsed rasberry blowing unbearable fuckin gorp.  Still waiting for a reply ?

They all seem to have a compulsion to air their dirty laundry in the middle of a fuckin packed pub. I bet when the bastards are about to have a blazing row at home they say ' Right get yer coat , we're gunna sort dis out once an forall in the lounge of da Vic ' the gormless fuckin nob-eads. Likely a resident won't last a month without being set-up , shot , blackmailed , burgled , house torched , mugged or raped but all seem content to reside in the fuckin cursed dump despite the fact most normal people would get the hint and fuckin move. Mind you , being shot or mugged is an improvement from having to circulate for any length of time among that throng of cockney fuckin dick heads. A week in intensive care recovering from being shot must feel like a Spa break away from Walford. No witnessing emaciated Billy trying to flog a few bananas from his stall or clocking the skeletal c*nt throwing a free apple to a young scamp , then winking at him and saying ' go on yer little bleeder '  No more having your retinas engrained with the sight of the worst clobber in the world on Stacy's stall. In my world I imagine that guys step out of there old prams and go-karts then come to life for one day on November the 5th. Stacy shouts at a few alive fuckin ragged one armed blind teddy bear guys who happen to walk past her stall that day.

' Ere you go lads , latest jumpers six quid , com'on gerrum while you can '

Guy - ' Fuck off yer slut , wouldn't be seen fuckin dead init '

DAH DAH DAH DAH DAH DAH DAH ... DAH DAH DAH DAH DAH DAH....DAH DAH DAH DA

Grayson Perry is a talentless attention seeking gobshite. Wolfgang Tillmans is a bell-end. Cy Twombly is a nob-ead.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2010, 06:23:15 pm »
 ;D

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2010, 08:13:49 pm »
last time I watched a whole episode f this, there was 6 "Whats gowin On" sentences said. 6 In half hour. I did contemplate watching again to see if the record had been broken, but then remembered I had some paint to watch dry.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2010, 08:46:55 pm »
So, who killed Archie Mitchell?
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2010, 09:09:51 pm »
More to the point, who cares?

My money is on Kristin Shephard.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2010, 09:13:33 pm »

Avon Barksdale. Obviously.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2010, 09:26:02 pm »
What makes me laugh about these soaps is that no-one has a normal job. No-one works in a warehouse 10 miles away or comes home from a 12 hour shift in a call-centre.
 They all own the local pub/club/garage/corner shop or appear to do fuck all.

Agree.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2010, 09:51:20 pm »
Avon Barksdale. Obviously.

ha ha i would bet the farm its marlow stanfield ;D

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2010, 02:42:20 am »
ha ha i would bet the farm its marlow stanfield ;D

I aint that far into it yet! Only just started Season 2. Might watch 2nd episode now.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2010, 08:13:51 am »

Spoiler
Sean apparently.
[close]
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 02:46:36 pm by Chivasino »

Offline Walshy7

• metete un palo por el culo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Its evolution baby
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2010, 09:35:17 am »
It was Ben
'You two scousers are always yappin, im gonna teach you some serious rappin, i come from Jamaica my name is john barnes, and when i do my thing the crowd go bananas'

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2010, 10:02:15 am »
It was Ben

:D I keep saying that because if it's what Chivasino says then fuckin hell could the show get more ridiculous?

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2010, 10:32:33 am »
:D I keep saying that because if it's what Chivasino says then fuckin hell could the show get more ridiculous?

It can, and will!

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2010, 10:38:40 am »
Robbie's back in Eastenders,

Something stirs in the east....
:D

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2010, 01:47:28 pm »

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2010, 02:50:03 pm »
Sean.

Makes more sense now that this could be the case with the locks all changed in Janine's flat. Sean lived there before I think so might have had the original keys.

I hate myself for knowing all this. FML.

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2010, 03:50:44 pm »
Roxy Mitchell. Apparently. With Bradley hanging himself.

---

Roxy and Peggy leaving, who will get the queen vic will be the next big storyline. Place your bets now...

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2010, 03:54:59 pm »
Roxy Mitchell. Apparently. With Bradley hanging himself.

---

Roxy and Peggy leaving, who will get the queen vic will be the next big storyline. Place your bets now...

Well'ard.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2010, 04:00:37 pm »
To be fair to Eastenders, it is a soap opera, so its going to be a bit silly, cheap and ridiculous plenty of times. But overall we are in a way lucky because the soap opera's in this country are better than almost anywhere. Just watch a number of American soap opera's and you will see what I mean.

I also think soap opera's in general in the UK have done brilliantly in highlighting some really key issues and storylines. Eastenders may seem a bit silly but I am glad that we have it.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2010, 04:04:19 pm »
I'll be watching, praying praying for a fuck up since it's "live"
psn = Lents123

Offline NatD

• Takes offence at authors and people who eat in restaurants.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2010, 04:04:59 pm »
I'll be watching, praying praying for a fuck up since it's "live"

Ha - was about to post the same thing.
"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2010, 05:45:35 pm »
I reckon Becca Swanson killed Archie ;) with second choice as Ben  ;D
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 05:48:24 pm by The G in Gerrard »